Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

D_Smart posted:

So our new contender for my WIP blog (latest PDF export) on the abusive White Knights in the Star Citizen community, is Nick Butler (that's him in the wheelchair) aka /user/NitroTypat/ aka @Bipii_4084.

If you look at his Reddit and Twitter feeds (1, 2, 3, 4), he is one of my top harassers (I'm rounding them all up like cattle, for the blog, then I'm going to link to all their social media feeds).

Hey Nick, if you don't knock it off, I'm going to have my people get in touch with your Dad in Virginia and let him know you're harassing people online. No further warnings. Go play a game or something.

This is hosed up.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

ewe2 posted:

You take the blue pill, the story ends. You get a refund and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the financial wizardry goes.

:gary: PAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRPPP

:gary: PAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRPPP

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Amarcarts posted:

see you in the 'ileus

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Bootcha posted:

SPLASH ONE! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

If you got your money back buy me a derek's smarties gang tag or you're worse than chris roberts.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

AP posted:

Zinda is an ace flyer, able to easily handle any type of aircraft. She is a fine markswoman, skilled in the use of a variety of weapons, and has superior abilities in hand-to-hand combat.

She if often known to dual wield hand guns which she is an expert with and on one occasion even used a shotgun. Though she prefers firearms, Zinda is more than capable of holding her own in a fight and does not give up easily.

Zinda enjoys cooking, dancing, and drinking in her spare time. There is a running gag through most issues of Birds of Prey about her strong love for alcohol, which, she boasts, she can order in 30 different languages.

Original Character do not steal.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So yeah, what we've seen is pretty awesome. But it's also nowhere near enough.

All of it looks like janky rear end poo poo.

Namaste friend.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

Still, great news about Steve's house being 64 bit, he'll be happy about that

Its actually just 64 bits of poop though

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Eonwe posted:

You should not kickstarter games hope this helps everyone

Kickstart games by developers with good trackrecords imo.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Iglocska posted:

The only scene I remember from that movie was the conversation between a blind Neo and an impaled Trinity. It really showed that Carrie-Anne Moss is a model / actor and not the other way around.

She was pretty good in Jessica Jones so it seems like she just got better or had poo poo direction v0v. Namaste friend.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Loiosh posted:

So yeah, I'm considering going ahead and asking for a refund. Need to think on it a bit more, because there were moments of fun, but way too hard to get right now.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

like an epileptic crack addict

New thread title.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Always wanted to be a journalist, glad to know that this was all it took.

And Steve Bently clearly keeps his poo poo real

Vanessa seems good + cool imo.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

SirPhoebos posted:

So what's the story behind goons nuking Jita?

"I'm bored"

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

G0RF posted:

Derek got pissed at an incessant troll, found out his real identity, posted a picture of him at a gathering and identified him with the tag "That's him in the wheelchair."

Just remembering that and typing up a simple summary is making me crack up anew.

Same.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Bolow posted:

Like if you wanna have dumb lights and poo poo projecting out of your helmet at least make it look loving cool

Project Goatse imo. Thats the most likely to keep your face from being shot.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Madcosby posted:

What if the french article is positive about SC?

Then maybe we're more likely to have the game come out which is a fantastic outcome. I'll get to ram ships all day.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Madcosby posted:

i like how people refer to Beer now as "that troublemaker with the alcohol as his user name"

they are afraid to say beer because it conjures memories of a guy that had a customer service correspondence

Also why do so many not say Derek Smart, they always say like ' a Mister D. S or a certain individual, Derek S. '

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Diatom posted:

Worked at Amazon at the beginning... 5K is pocket change. Why do you care?

Mistakenly used that account for vitriol. Too many creepy stalkers take internet insults personally and I could easily be doxxed with thats accounts posting history.

Please give me $5,000, I'm going to go spend it on x-wing/armada stuff.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

PARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Berious posted:

Development has completely run out of steam just as shitizens start to get angsty. When it implodes this house of cards is going to come down faster than Doobies business empire.

Rip doobie. :(

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

D_Smart posted:

Right. While conveniently forgetting that when you've been with someone - and married to them - for the best part of 20 years, there are no secrets. Aside from the fact that my wife isn't deaf, blind, dumb or stupid, and like every spouse on the planet, has access to social media. And like every spouse married to a public figure, you already know what to expect.

They're inconsequential morons.

Had they sent such a letter, she would have read it, shared it, then analyzed the crap out of it. I then get to post it in my blog (and send it to the media) as yet another example of the behavior of the upstanding Star Citizen community. heh.

I hope she shaked her head disapprovingly when you bought some spaceship jpgs.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Iglocska posted:

X-wings and Y-wings to me are not that different. Sure, some of the SC designs are better than others, buy you look at this:

and think "military fighter", you look at this:

and you think "space truck", which is good enough.

Also, you look at this:

and you obviously think "space news van".

I'm still not over this lol. They dont look like the things youre saying they are in the slightest.

The first one looks like some kind of gunship and not a fighter. Its got long wings to work in atmoshpere or something and strafe at different angels.

The second is some kind of heavy weapons platform with the big railguns on the side and flat back that should have some kind of mounted gun. There is nothing about it that looks like a cargo ship. The cockpit is huge relative to any cargobay. Its too small to be a truck and doesnt look fast for some kind of smuggling ship and seems rigged to just mount weapons above its size category.

The news van hilarious looks like some kind of fighter/bomber but idk.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

That Works posted:

The news van looks like a B-wing.

Yeah but with an A-wings engines?

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Fatkraken posted:

All this "sticks" and "cups" bullshit it what's hosed. Civilised people use weights, preferably grams. A gram is a gram is a gram, no need to worry if a store has packaged something in an unusual way or if you've chopped something too finely or coarsely or left air pockets in your weird scoop. Plus no need to cram butter into a second container, just cut a bit off the block and weigh it.

loving oath.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Eonwe posted:

the eve thread has been pretty good today

lol DBRB supports trump.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

grimcreaper posted:

Of course he does.. just like he supports 1v1 honorable combat.

If it turns out to be true trump love though then I will have to hate him. We shall see.

Maybe thats why Kimsemus is locked up???

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

grimcreaper posted:

So, ive been chain watching old Linus Tech Tips videos on youtube and came across this gem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYG-7T2LVDc&t=151s

hint: theres something there.

I wonder what Linus thinks about the current Star Citizen stuff going on.

I got no audio atm but wtf is a 792p or that the joke?

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Will there ever be a promised-game like this again, that brings so many weirdos into its orbit and gives us a view into the minds of people who never quite got past their tweens?

This will happen again in 20 years or so. Almost completely the same and even many of the same people buying in.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

SquirrelGrip posted:

Hi Sandi, please don't come back to Australia.

Thanks, Australia.

gently caress off, we're full.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

phonetic my friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJpkUmzYAHw&t=363s

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

what is this showing me?

High Level progamer elo 360 noscope ARMA gameplay (quoted wrong person).

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

alf_pogs posted:

its me, dolvak

Thats him in the bowtie.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Toops posted:

My favorite language for everyday programming? Ruby.

Yeah, I said it.

lol just loving lol. Are you a rear admiral backer too???

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

EightAce posted:

This forum and any forum that has any SC content is read by paid peons CONFIRMED. To be fair , they do adjust policy (with regards public facing issues ) in response. So.....
No more of that fake news report bollocks, more dev interviews etc. This in itself is amazing

Cultural Victory.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Tippis posted:

…and then, every game after that when the topic of the Defender or the Missile boat comes up, the devs go “yerite, keep dreaming.”
At least until the X-Wing miniatures come out and OMFGDEFENDER, except that they've balanced it so that now it's just a very agile and ridiculously expensive jouster. :(

They're soon to release a buff to the TIE Defender that most people are calling OP bullshit lol.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

RuckusRouser posted:

What are they adding/changing? I use them on the tabletop simply for nostalgia purposes

Adding two new Titles for them, new pilots (Mareek Steele is one of them lol). They are making them genuinely terrifying

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

See you space citizen.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

T.G. Xarbala posted:

wait, seriously?

Yes, he also suggested it wouldnt be a huge thing to set up. B'tak is either the longest con in goon history or is loving insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Like I think Smart is a dumb gently caress and don't really care what happens to him. It just happens that CIG is such a collective shitstorm in basically every way and in every step of their process have managed to gently caress things up in new and spectacular ways that we've been brought together to laugh at them. This doesn't make us ignore Smart when he fucks up it just means that CIG is way worse.

• Locked thread