Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star
So is Chris Roberts the Wilson Fisk of PC gaming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Raged posted:

Nope

Wilson Fisk was good at what he did.

I dunno, he hosed up a whole bunch, especially when he fell in love or whatever.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

peter gabriel posted:

I don't know what their problem is, hopefully this helps

good luck with them being nicer to you commando o9

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Samizdata posted:

What about the meaning of friendship? The meaning of teamwork? Find out the goon magic was inside you all along? At least it was until you farted...

friendship with me is gated off by how much you donate

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Tippis posted:

Oooh. Page Sputnik — the fist star citizen.

e: gently caress, missed it. Stop posting so much!

Sorry, didn't mean it…

sorry friend i just barged in here after thousands of man hours spent catching up and stole your glory

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Jason Sextro posted:

different levels of friendship are stretch goals, seems like a solid plan imo

you can be my alpha friend in two weeks

edit: pre pre pre alpha friend

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Jason Sextro posted:

sounds legit, you can have my life savings

thank you for helping make my dream to have friends a reality

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star
have you guys tried getting ben and sandi to eat some eggs on one of their 15 youtube shows?

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

peter gabriel posted:

So what's stopping me creating a new sub reddit or whatever it is for Star Citizen?

a will to live?

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Eonwe posted:

nothing at all

do not be tempted by this madness pgabz

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Samizdata posted:

No challenge. Ben would gobble them down, no sweat, and Sandi only lives off souls, preferably those of unchristened children. (Those TimTams were human sacrificing satanist flavor, BTW).

Then let's go the other way. Ben, don't eat the eggs.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star
But the main thing is we have to keep Austin weird!!! Even if it is the city version of that strange 50 year old man who still thinks he's young/cool.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

AugmentedVision posted:

In the future, we will have smart bullets that will stop immediately before they hit you and pop up a dialog box on your helmet HUD "do you consent to being hit with this bullet? Y/N".

But only if you have the PvP slider set to have that happen.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I'm pretty certain zecumbe in the thread was someone who got their account name changed. I remember I searched for posts by him a couple days earlier (because I'm a creepy stalker) and got a "no user by that name" error. Also he made a point of using beer's first name in a passive aggressive reddit post

Passive aggressiveness?! On Reddit?! Well I never.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Inkel posted:

New article up on Gamespot with crobberts complaining that people don't understand game development and should stop expecting releases anytime soon. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-citizen-creator-wishes-hed-explained-games-de/1100-6434856/

Ever time I read a quote of his I fear I might get an aneurysm or have a stroke

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

G0RF posted:

So, a Cambridge-educated physicist, mathematician, and computer scientist walk into an interview...

Sandi is the punchline.

wow you forgot to mention her business acumen, off to the worst kind of electricity torture chamber with you!

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Kakarot posted:

This was a legit unironic reason for a probation in an old thread. Please come forward if its on your rap sheet

I'm new to posting in SC threads, just been reading this one for awhile.

I usually make fun of the Xbox One, but this is even better because at least the Xbox One exists.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

LowellDND posted:

Oh hey, Im in Arlington.

So many DFW goons

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

c2usaf2004 posted:

Dafuq is wrong with her teeth!?!?!??

It doesn't matter how much you brush you can't get rid of EVIL PLAQUE

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

SelenicMartian posted:

The one she was "awarded"?

Yes. She ate it.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

A normal well adjusted person

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

I play way too much LoL (more than none) and even I think this community is loving horrific.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star
Every time I see a Ben Lesnick quote I'm pretty sure I get a little closer to developing CTE.

Sometimes I think about watching one of his youtube things, but I know I couldn't make it through. I'm not strong enough.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

The Glumslinger posted:

Its gonna be Will Smith themed :colbert:

1997 should be dedicated to Big Willie Style.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Mr.Tophat posted:

Birth defects in your children help identify them easier

If they're deformed they won't want to go outside as much, meaning they'll spend more time with you in the 'verse

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Tippis posted:

It's an extension of the whole “CRobber is saving PC gaming” narrative.

The Nasty Evil Big Publishers™ are apparently scared out of their minds that SC will come along an ruin everything forever for them, when Chris proves that they are no longer needed. They are therefore waging a shadow war against all things CIG to try to get the game to fail. Consequently, anything and anyone that suggests that SC might fail is implicitly working for or otherwise doing the bidding of the NEBP™. D_Smart is critical against Chris, so he's obviously a NEBP™ stooge in sheep's indy clothing, and all goons are his cohort.

So therefore, by expressing doubt in the salvation of PC gaming at the hands of our lord and saviour Christ Roberts, goons are obviously trying to destroy SC — it is all we ever want out of life. The true believers must thus ensure that we never get what we (and our indirect NEBP™ overlords) want.

…or some such…

I enjoy playing PC games today am I doing something wrong? :ohdear:

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

he's right it is impressive...impressively dumb!!!

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

peter gabriel posted:

I don;t understand reddit at all, has something happened?

Dolvak Reaped again

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

peter gabriel posted:

OK, but I still see it? Is that how it works?
Having used the place for a few days now it seems like some kind of perfectly designed Passive Aggressive Machine, it's really really odd

It's a magical place where you can create the shittiest of the shitposts and somehow end up at the top of the page for a day for doing so.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Eonwe posted:

anime is good

i watched redline for like the 7th time last night and can confirm this

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Galarox posted:

I think at this point in the race to the bottom page 2000 any kind of posting is acceptable.

shitposting is still posting

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

peter gabriel posted:

slam dunking a page 2000 snype no edits - check this out

good job commando o9

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

I don't really feel the page 1000 enthusiasm this time

Yeah it's become real commercialized and sold out.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

what's the eleventh word of the ninth post on page 2001

You were the 9th post and it was only two words long.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

and your post was two words for two towers :tinfoil:

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

peter gabriel posted:

The battle lines have been drawn in this war about a thing that will never exist :lol:

do you have my back commando?

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Berious posted:

I love how the ships feel in Erectile Disfunction. The small fighters feel nippy, the bigger ships feel like they've got tons of momentum. Game looks amazing too. They've got a way to go fleshing out the metagame but the core flying ships around and pew pew gameplay is really good.

dumb as h*ck everyone knows that comes last in developing a game smdh -_-

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Mr.Tophat posted:

Wow, I am slow on the ball today. Sorry, skeletons are something very close to my heart, and I am very hungry right now so my ability to connect the paindots isn't the greatest. I keep thinking about eating something, but then I see Lesnik and, well.

Skeletons are the loving best thing in the world guys. I'm sorry I can't stop thinking about skeletons.

(not sorry)

Perhaps I can interest you in staring at my av for awhile

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Eonwe posted:

here you go guy whose name i don't remember i hope this encapsulates your feelings on the star citizen thread

but pgabz was posting recently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Wow you're a trooper, I managed half that

Those guys suck to an objectively staggering degree

how hard is it to sit in front of a webcam and talk about nothing?

apparently very!!!!

• Locked thread