Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Ladies and gentlemen, the ELE:

****1/2, ‎4,696 votes - ‎USD59.99.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

D_Smart posted:

Got link?

Last pic of this preview for the pic, and the star rating came up on the first page of google search for "infinite warfare" and is attributed to the Playstation Store.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

thatguy posted:

Stay hollow, Humility.

FTFY

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Lazrin posted:

i've *always* said there's a huge risk that the project can't ever be finished... but the difference is i'm not worried about that, and would rather see someone try.

Lazrin posted:

isn't that a good thing? putting the wheels in motion has value. that moves things forward

i see a contingent of folks here who think its not ok to reach for those stars...

I'm a fan of dreaming big, and am A-OK with the march of technology and the advances that it will inevitably produce.

Just because I think that it would be neat to, say, see the day where we can transplant a human brain into a robot body, doesn't mean when I see someone spend $130,000,000 on giving Bubbles the Chimp a rusty chisel and a hammer and telling him to go hog-wild that I have to applaud the effort because 'they're trying'.

You dense motherfucker.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

HoneyBakedMAN posted:

I think open development is a simple concept. They show us what progress they're making in development of the game.

B... but they haven't shown us anything!

Oh...

OHHHHHH.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

I.N.R.I posted:

Please keep in touch with your parents, everyone. I can imagine it being easy to lose sight of what really matters when you've been screaming at a videogame for 5 years but life's too short to let cherished relationships fade away

Two days ago I brought some home-cooked pasta over to my mother's place because she's been crazy busy organising a bunch of community functions and a gala dinner for the local chapter of the United Nations Association and she's been run off her feet as a result, and I made sure that I told her about what was going on in my life. I could tell that she appreciated it (both the food and the opportunity to catch up), and I'll be catching up with her again at my cousin's birthday today. Thank you for the heartfelt advice, friend.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

loving look at the B) bullet point there. Just look at it.

"Entitled Value Demander" as an insult.

Value Demander.

loving VALUE DEMANDER.

What I wouldn't give to get a glimpse into this fruitcake's internal world.

It's 1999 and he goes to the theatre to see the Wing Commander movie. At the candy counter he orders some skittles and a large Coke. After being handed a single tic-tac and a thimble of water he happily sits down in his seat. The lights dim, and immediately go up, and he happily goes on his way.

He goes to the lot to buy a new Range Rover. One signed contract and high-interest loan later and he's proudly squeaking away on a rusty tricycle.

His evening dalliance with a prostitute: Money changes hands, then she feigns a headache and with a shrug he walks off, whistling a happy tune.

Because at least he's not one of those filthy subhuman value demanders.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Armadillo Tank posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o5sPLpP_pE
So it seems that Ubisoft will be making GBS threads all over chris too. They are releasing some kind of space game and have put trailers for it in Watch Dogs 2. No real info aside from that. It also appears to have real nice art direction (so do all ubi trailers, not so much the games).

Edit: SOUND https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pquADFwMYqg

Oh my gently caress that's heavily HEAVILY Chris Foss-inspired visuals and is extremely my poo poo.

Look at that.

Look at how visually interesting that is.

Look at how it actually has its own distinct visual style and doesn't rely on raw polygons to look gorgeous.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
That lovely graph is literally less detailed and functional than the most simplified Gantt chart that you would show as a first example for Project Management 101. There's no sense of what's going on, no dependancies indicated, and it's made with such broad strokes that it looks like they're using a paintroller.

It's the minimum viable product of fooling nerds who have never worked on a project into believing that you have any idea what you're doing.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Rest in Parp, Derek.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Ah yes the mystical pipeline where all of the non-poo poo content exists and is definitely not made up.

Star Citizen is Kamp Krusty.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm still a backer. :getin:

Hedging your bets? You could really pump up the drama and become a double apostate.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Codependent Poster posted:

CIG still employs Ryan Archer, I see. Either that, or every "artist" there is a hack.

This is a new one? Like, seriously?

But it's okay for Roberts to outright steal aesthetics because of how visionary he is, right?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

TheAgent posted:

hello

• Roberts thought 2 full alien races had already been created and ready for 2.6

As outlandish as this seems, given the reaction to his own game way back when he played it on livestream (total unfamiliarity, boggled at the chat system) I can't help but think this may actually be true. Given Roberts' nature, there would be a lot of pressure to keep him as in the dark as possible regarding actual progress; his reaction to anyone saying 'no' to him may actually have the effect of isolating him from the reality of progress as no-one wants to be the one to say 'it's not ready/working' to him..

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

TheAgent posted:

I mentioned it before, it shouldn't surprise anyone

2.5 is a "substantial release" according to CIG and they are paying certain employees goal oriented bonuses already from its success

2.5 is a "substantial release".

As is the first sloppy grogan after curry night.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
oval office.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Poo bum.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
On topic, did we ever get any resolution of the rumour that gravity in Star Citizen is restricted to on plane when not in a ship? IE that there's a universal gravitational North between all map locations that would basically preclude spherical planets?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Spending money is pretty much the only indicator of success these people seem to understand. More money into Star Citizen means more success. If you throw more money into Star Citizen you're clearly someone who is successful too! Then when Star Citizen somehow manages to overcome all its technical and managerial problems and releases to satisfy all their dreams they will be double successful because they'll have the best ships with full insurance forever... forever! Oh and if it doesn't well that's fine because it's all "disposable income" which when used in the concept of throwing thousands of dollars into a money pit is the term that helps you identify a man-child who was either born into money or spends someone else's.

I've seen that dribbling failure vortex Lethality mock people who have concerns or issues with the idiotic ship prices as being people who work at McDonalds, and even here MoMA ridiculed Streetroller getting a refund and chided him for not spending his 'allowance' more sensibly.

God only knows why they seem to cling to this idea, money clearly can't buy them class or intelligence, and in the case of Star Citizen it hasn't even remotely been able to buy them happiness.

It's the end-point of Nerd Culture in general. When you define yourself as a person through the media you consume it's sad enough. But when you gather in communities dedicated to doing so then you reach a point where ideological purity is linearly tied to said consumption. Then you start getting people having to post about how much they love/have spent on the project as a disclaimer every time they posts any doubts/impure thoughts about the progress of the project, and the echo chamber grows more shrill.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Beet Wagon posted:

When Derek brings his "FAU is a super secret Star Citizen shill or whatever" stuff back into the thread I will ban him. He knows this, it's been discussed elsewhere.

As much as I enjoy the novelty of Internet Warlord Derek Smart DDS posting in this thread, this would be a Cool and Good decision.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
FYAD kramers in the thread and just keeps kramering, sliding off around the room, bouncing against walls. he kramers against your toilet, busting it up big time. you get the feeling he’s trying to say something to you but he’s kramering at such a high velocity you just can’t quite make it out. as he finally nails a window and falls out you think you hear him exclaim “I’m just trying to say doxxing is bad, that’s what’s so CRAZY about this” on the way down

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

TheAgent posted:

I mean, the icon is there but you actually can't launch poo poo

Don't stop I'm almost there...

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Derek and MOMA should just gently caress already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

DancingShade posted:

Realtalk: Logitech is the only brand of mouse you should consider unless you have a specific reason not to get one.

Realtalk: Never buy Razer unless you like terrible firmware, bad software and a high failure rate.

a man dips his fingers in fetid rear end sweat and smears a line of it on my forehead.

"RAZOR" he murmurs

• Locked thread