Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
As predicted, my blog, CIG will never 64bit Crysis refund has all been done before in my game (Link to game [haha sue you])

I'm still loving this thread/the SC train wreck though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
Lowtax setup a patreon or soemthing so you can get some easy recurring revenue if the forums are struggling. Where would we post if SA ran out of cash? Reddit? Ugh. Voting on threaded comments is the worst way to have a discussion.

If loads of terrible youtube 'personalities' can make thousands a month...

This is my contribution to the 1000 thing.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
Did they ever release the press version of the morrow tour video? I know the one linked here is titled 'LIVE version' and they spoke about releasing a HQ version. Did that ever happen?

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
I'm with Lowtax, grinding as a common part of games now is really loving annoying. I was trying to enjoy MGSV but when I had to start farming bullshit and waiting hours and hours to upgrade my base/weapons I just stopped playing and sold my copy. IAP/DLC that lets people skip the grind was the worst thing to happen to gaming and I've never played a 'free to play' game that was actually an enjoyable game and not a money hole. MGSV, a AAA full-price console game, was trying to get me to pay money to avoid a 4 hour wait to build a thing. Not even 4 hours from the time I activated it! The timer only progresses if the game is being actively played.

So when I read the SC maniacs talking about 40, 100, 200+ hours to get a ship because they paid £2500 for it like a retard...

Also, happy new year thread. Let's hope 2016 provides as much amusement at the expense of crazed jpg boners as 2015 did.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
Why do they constantly call it the most open development process ever? It's just youtube videos about nothing and jpgs. Where are the live streaming coders and the nightly builds? Do they do stuff like this or is it just cultists parroting as per usual?

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

quote:

[–]Rekoza 3 points 15 hours ago
What I had no idea about this. My city rarely gets mentioned anywhere ever and now this. If they have any part time openings (depression makes full time unfeasible right now) literally to do anything at all then I'm definitely applying.

lol reddit post about new f42 studio opening

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
Here in ireland we only drink for drunk not for drink, also anything that isn't amaretto and milk is gross thanks

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

Chalks posted:

I wonder if the guy who made this back in Jan 2014 regrets his decision.

imagine being his parents and hearing that "song" over and over again as he was making it on their family computer in the living room for days and wondering where you went wrong

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
If i love books like the commonwealth saga, the culture and the foundation stuff will I enjoy Dune?

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

MeLKoR posted:

Dune is ASoIaF in space with an apotheosis and less rape.

Is there cool advanced tech in it? All i know is it has something called spice in it and maybe there are big worms.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
When every game in the future features Grabby HandsTM you will be not laughing. Im glad I gave Chris $7100.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

Tippis posted:

Octodad and I Am Bread already have me laughing. Check mate.

Jokes on you you derek smart alt. I just pledged even harder to chris. Brb getting divorced/lapband.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

Google Butt posted:

yea free the sane poster constantly complaining about their boss, fawning over their boyfriend and threatening to kill the vp of marketing for a video game in the star citizen thread

Rise from your grave.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
Hi, Fuzzynuts here with a

Here's a boring recipe that I made for my 4k monitor bootcha that I first posted on my blog in June 2015! Stalking Sandi online and loving a particular alcohol brand makes Chris a Roberts boy.

Fat lesnick the jpegs and bootcha my boyfriend, I always say.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

Hav posted:

Give it a loving rest.

Sorry hav I didn't mean to upset you :(

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
Goddam I cant wait to play No Mans Sky. If it comes with PS VR I think I will cum from my pussy.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

Happy Sisyphus posted:

how do you know when it's time to put a thread to sleep?
[/

[quote="Happy Sisyphus" post="456461786"]
how do you know when it's time to put a thread to sleep?

Without this thread we will never know when fat lesnick says something slightly amusing on averse the verse.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

Berious posted:

We've heard tons about the fidelity and immersion but nothing as far as I can tell about the gameplay. Beyond some goal to get to the center of the universe I think? Could be amazing but I'm definitely going to wait for the reviews.

Dont get me wrong, I certainly wont be preordering. I just see a lot of passion from the creators and it gives me hope.

They've also never claimed it will be the Best drat Space Game Ever so that's encouraging.

There is something very pleasing about the way Fat Lesnick sounds in the mouth/ear.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I think "fake space Google Maps" is a pretty meh concept tbh

I wish id known your thoughts on this sooner. Now I feel like I've fat lesnicked myself.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

Everything I've read about NMS is boring

If I want to fap over a few computer algorithms I'd rather read them

Woah girl, slow down your insightful posting so I can catch up and recalibrate my lesnick.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

You sound unsoundly invested in this fake space game friend

You see right through me and I am undone.

Lesnick fat lesnick yourself in the knowledge that I am bested.

Please post more eightace you are the only poster who actually has intersting stuff about this mess.

Derek you are hilarious and seemingly full of total poo poo regarding law suits and general follow through.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

Parias posted:

hi everyone what's going on in this thread :cool:

For the last few months I've been tearing apart the leaked (moddable) alpha build of SC with four primary objectives:

* Make the Constellation flyable in a build the "public" actually has access to (note: this project started before 2.0 came out, but this also uses the "old" Constellation, not the revamped one)
* Make a fun story using a combination of mission scripting edits and post-processing witchcraft, using completely original footage of a heavily modded (if buggy) game environment to capture the kind of situations I hope Star Citizen can one day pull off
* Put this goon's amazing voice in the game
* Sneak a Goonrathi logo in somewhere (you'll know it when you see it)

After an insane amount of effort (and an even more insane amount of generosity from the aforementioned goon voice-actor (3 / Arkimedes) in churning out all the dumb lines I sent him and making them actually sound awesome), I've finally accomplished all four of these objectives! I'd love to hear what you guys think :)

Introducing: Flight of the Constellation v2.0! (v2.0 because this one's way more awesome and ambitious than the first one)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mkgfJ9ltEs

Extra special thanks to Beer for providing inspiration and pointing me in 3's direction.

Lol how much of your life did you waste on this?

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
The phrase "you dont understand game development" is starting to give me nosebleeds

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
Its OK parius you werent to know that you were wasting your time on that when you started.

Sadly beyond a few well meaning goons nobody is going to give a poo poo because the game is an obvious scam/clusterfuck now. Reddit will hate it because youre a goon and so will the rsi forums. CIG will hate it because it looks buggy and youre a goon.

I hate it because its poo poo and a waste of time.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
Is Elite worth purchasing yet or is it still mile wide inch deep status?

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
I'm amazed how everything is spun in to a positive for CIG.

Terrible customer service? They're too busy making best game to reply (even though customer service dont make games)

Parius how much have you spent on this trash?

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

Chocobo posted:

If your idea of fun is spending six weeks to make 1500 jumps to see something just because its never been seen before, Elite is worth buying. If you want to play a game that is fun, maybe wait for them to put out a few more expansions.

Let's say I have like 5 hours a week for gaming would elite stay fun for months or would I never get IMMERSED enough to enjoy it? 1500 jumps in 6 weeks sounds like multiple hours every day which is for the unemployed/depressed/fat lesnickians

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

How many 4k monitors you got?

Chops busted fellow adult, chops busted.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

TTerrible posted:

Playing E:D with a well organised group is almost a different game. Join Diamond Frogs today.

Once I have my new PC built and Elite purchased I well become a hot frog.

What's the Xbox one version like and can they play with PC people? (I dont own an xbone)

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

Libluini posted:

That depends on what you consider fun. Did you ever want to find out what was on the other side of the galaxy? Do you want to spend months on travelling over there?

Do you love games like Eurotruck Simulator?

Is flying a space ship and occasionally firing weapons enough for you to have fun?

If you can answer any of these questions with "Hell yes!", Elite is the game for you. Otherwise, I suggest waiting for Valkyrie to come out.

My answer is mmm not sure. Never played truck simulator but do love space poo poo and would like to see stuff. Is the sense of scale done well? I like the thought of using VR and being dwarfed by giant balls in my face.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
OK last Elite question from me for a while...

So I'm putting a PC together but I'm way out of the loop with graphics cards now. Last time I bought one was a GeForce 440mx or something and since then it's been consoles for gaming and PC for work.

What is good midrange price to handle Elite? Assume capable everything else.

Thanks

Also Derek please nut up and actually post something instead of hinting at stuff or we might all think you're totally full of dogshit and desperate go remain relevant but can't see how badly you're failing.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

runsamok posted:

Well, given that the closest thing to footage from Squadron 42 we've seen is the ultra janky Morrow tour late last year I would wager that they're still in the same situation you saw them in. I mean, how much spoiler potential would be in a 90 second clip of actual spaceship or shootmans gameplay?

Lol still waiting on the 'press' version of the morrow tour too.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

Marching Powder posted:

googlebutt is right and this thread is dog poo poo now.

i nominate gorf to do a massive effort-post detailing all the hilarious poo poo as the new op.

i also posit that only gorf, b4tbg, derek, eightace (rip), minificus, bootcha, the guy who does the stimpire comics and the two guys that modify classic artwork into unbelievably good owns are allowed to post there.

The problem is SC literally generates no content. Leaving it to people like me and you to post absolute dogshit and nothing else. Nothing.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
I always wanted to make money selling nonsense to audiophiles but the marketing budget required is such a cock block.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

I Greyhound posted:

It seems like I keep reading the same posts over and over.

At least, that's the way I see it.

Try posting something interesting then you fat piece of lesnick. Waaah. Eat poo poo.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
Getting Doom 2 audio working by changing IRQ values.

Soundblaster compatible? I hope so.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

Ponzi posted:

bum

Oh I feel so naughty. Please don't tell my mum though.

Fats Lesnick fucks your mother on the reg for a dollar. Welcome to Somethang Awful

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
Goonies never say die

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
Who wanna take a ride up in fat lesnicks kfc bucket?

This is our time down here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
Space toaster? More like space dogshit. Post some more about how youre hilarious posts please

• Locked thread