Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

OutsideAngel posted:

would argue that it depends on their taste

Your taste, their flavour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Powaqoatse posted:

haha ew gently caress

gently caress you for making me realise that reading

:classiclol:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Danaru posted:

Apparently it was "Who Killed Captain Alex?". Google lists it as having a budget "Estimated to be $200"

I remember seeing a review of this and the fight scenes are goddamned incredible.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Not my forum? Not my forum? You don't get it. We could have been a Pepe. We could have been a contender. We could have been some Nazi. Instead of being a dying Web 1.0 forum, like we are, let's face it.

The last vestiges of the old net, right here. And we will hold fast to the old ways. The right ways. We will hold fast. Until the last user leaves, until the last byte of memory on the empty server goes cold, until the dead server is dismantled, until the dismantled parts are rust and dust and rot and lost to time, this dying forum, and the old ways it represents, will persist.

Hold fast.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I touched boobies once

On a lady

:quagmire:

Not that there's nothing wrong with that.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
I just realised you could probably sell these dumbasses empty plastic cups, call 'em "dehydrated water pods," and charge $80 a glass for 'em.

E: $120 for "dehydrated Tibetan water pods," $400 for "blessed dehydrated Tibetan water pods," $2,000 for "blessed dehydrated Tibetan water pods of the thunderbird."

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Phy posted:

This but instead of "death", "retirement from webcomicing to write food blogs and create bespoke sody-pops"

Would that we all find a similar peace. :unsmith:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Inescapable Duck posted:

Well obviously you have to drop your knife in the river, then be honest with the river spirit about which knife is yours, to receive a gold and silver knife in return.

Dammit, Duck, that only works if you don't know about it! You've doomed us all to being stuck with our original knives!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

drat near killed um

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Besesoth posted:

In case it isn't clear, this is me telling you that you don't know as much about this subject as you think you do, and it might be time for you to stop talking about it.

You're talking to Tiggum.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Do you want to get Lowtax another secret service visit? Do ya?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Solice Kirsk posted:

That's not nearly long enough to develop a good bark, I'm an expert. You see, the secret to a good BBQ is

Gettin' dangerously close to chili talk there

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Neito posted:

This and the halting problem are the kings of "Hilariously complicated CS problems that sound easy".

The halting problem being as follows:

You cannot determine if a given algorithm will complete, or will run forever. Here's why.

Let's say you can. There is a sequence of steps you can take to determine if an algorithm will complete or run forever. This is the solver.

I build an algorithm that runs that solver. If it says that the algorithm that it is inside will complete, it does runs the solver again on the same algorithm, leading to an infinite loop. If it says my algorithm will not complete, it completes immediately.

What does your solver say about my algorithm as a whole?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
Inch Dick is a goddamned treasure and everything they write is gold, the simple act of reading another one of their sagas is pure joy

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
The occasional outbreak of total, unconditional lovebombing in the most unexpected threads is one of the best goddamned things about this place.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Caufman posted:

No, it's still fresh enough to appreciate.

Youngpainless?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Funny Forums Quotes: Jumped the shark....in the Karate Bastard sense.

More like 90s Cringe Humour

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

More like this derail, please

SAID NOBODY

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

fleta mcburn

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Millions and millions and millions of people enjoy star trek. Few people are pedos. If star trek made people attracted to children there'd be a lot more of them. The difference between trek fans and the overall population is probably slightly higher because of that but just that; slightly. It's probably so small that it's statistically insignificant.

They're not talking about liking Star Trek, they're talking about being sufficiently into Star Trek that you own memorabilia and display it around your house. That's a significantly higher bar to clear.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

where's the faceted bee poop stone

It menaces with spikes of loose corn

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Picnic Princess posted:

Everything started here in some way or another.

Every horrible thing on the internet started with an SA meme escaping containment.

This is not a place of honour, y'all

E: QAnon can be traced back to SA banning discussion of anime. We are radioactive horrors.

Somfin has a new favorite as of 00:23 on Nov 8, 2018

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Captain Monkey posted:

I think Gamergate guy got banned from here for posting his idiot screed too.

Which led pretty directly to Bannon exploiting the gently caress out of that weird nerd hate cult to create the MAGACHUD tire fire that's still raging to this day.

E: which means that Trump's entire presidency can be traced back to one lovely man not handling a breakup well

Somfin has a new favorite as of 01:57 on Nov 8, 2018

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

CannonFodder posted:

I like this one

I was honestly a little disappointed with how long that one took to finally arrive

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Hachi machi

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Pirate Radar posted:

European prejudice against Roma is always strange to me because I’m pretty sure most Americans aren’t aware they’re real and not just a fairy-tale thing. Hearing someone go off about how they’re tricksters and pickpockets and you can never trust them is like hearing that there’s a troll living under a nearby bridge.

Never forget that White Wolf, the guys who made Vampire the Masquerade and a large number of other monster-based RPGs using the same system, also released one called World of Darkness: Gypsies, a sourcebook allowing you to make a Gypsy character with special skills involving fleecing idiots for cash, drinking too much (they are literally the only sourcebook with a statistical alcohol tolerance), getting bizarrely lucky, and hypnotising people with dancing.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This sounds like a bombass lifestyle to be perfectly honest.

It's one thing for that to be a lifestyle, it's another for those to be inherent, explicitly genetic traits.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Guy Mann posted:

You're writing fanfiction about a photograph that is old enough to vote, so I assume you speak from experience when you label someone as undeserving of love.

Why do you even post here?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
I got the dramaurge to stop this dramadirge

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Neddy Seagoon posted:

One I heard about was to piss in the keyholes on the doors. Apparently it gets into the insides of the doors and corrodes them, along with loving up the interior lining of the doors from within.

The classic from my high school was three full rolls of plastic food wrap, stretched tight, all the way around the car.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Guy Mann posted:

It's almost like the people posting these elaborate revenge fantasies of publicly damaging one of the most valuable possessions a person owns in retaliation for perceived slights are actually full of poo poo and just incredibly pathetic weirdos vicariously living out their impotent revenge fantasies online.

Sorry you got keyed for parking across two handicapped spaces :shrug:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Oxxidation posted:

that typo+probe at the very end is what makes it

like someone dropped a sack over her head mid-rant and dragged her away

Every Avshalom post that ends in a probation is fantastic

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

fool_of_sound posted:

I don't think threatening to devour the president with her vagina or suffocate him with her farts qualifies as credible

You haven't met Avs then

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Guy Mann posted:

tell people on the internet that bread actually tastes so sweet it makes you throw up and chocolate is indistinguishable from vomit because the milk particles are wrong

That's not what I say, or said, you utter loving weirdo.

In context, we were talking about someone who wrecked their taste buds by smoking and eating lovely processed foods, and I was saying that you can get better from it by deliberately blanding out for a while.

Somfin has a new favorite as of 11:12 on Feb 19, 2019

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Guy Mann posted:

Rampant, unchecked projection

The kids aren't being "corrupted by Pewds making funny faces over video games," you loving troper

The kids are being shown someone holding up a sign saying "death to all jews" on his channel, and told that that's supposed to be a funny edgy joke rather than, y'know, a call for genocide

Somfin has a new favorite as of 10:57 on Feb 24, 2019

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Ugly In The Morning posted:

No one cares about the speech you give yourself in the mirror every morning.

It is a pretty good encapsulation of why he was so big over on :tvtropes: though

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Wow. I look forward to the Nazi influx. :smith:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Lowtax posted:

HOLY gently caress WHAT IS HAPPENING TO THE PATREON

JESUS loving CHRIST YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!?!? SERIOUSLY, WHAT?????????? I WWWW

Whole thread is an incredible heartwarming ride, but important context is that when the thread started the Something Awful Patreon which you can donate to in order to help Lowtax with his spine and medical bills and keep the lights on and poo poo was under two grand a month

e: number of initial post may have been a bit low

Somfin has a new favorite as of 05:42 on Mar 13, 2019

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Heath posted:

How much of that is Abe's one time donation though? I would hate to see it shoot down

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

It’s theoretically possible, but it would take some pretty weird code to double your bandwidth costs. I guess the forums could be serving multiple megs of un-minified Javascript, or generating ludicrous amounts of traffic over the wire between the front end and the back end. Whatever the case, bandwidth now costs about 1% of what it did when these forums opened.

The gently caress happened to your avatar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

While we're at it, a fiestacat funko

Rib kid funko pop with a distressingly photorealistic mouth.

Corn guy funko pop.

Slender man funko pop.

That one dude with the adventure time shirt and the fedora funko pop