Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
It's also called a Bird-Stoner eye type.
One eye's looking at a bird and the other looking for a stone to throw at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Roro posted:

Probably Finnish.
It's close, but there are no umlauts and we don't use that many letter Ws.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

oldpainless posted:

Say what you will but the science is sound.
I can't help but feel that this just makes the whole thing worse somehow.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

well the entire point of being a mod is to give out six-hour probations to pathetic goons, so
He said SMALL defenseless things

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

mind the walrus posted:

There's truth here. A lot of the funniest quotes I've seen from SA would not be the same without deliberately awful grammar.
Full disclosure; Due to the influence of these forums, nowadays I instinctively use less punctuation the less serious my message is. And I mean everywhere, not just on SA.

Something Awful is affecting our linguistic development please glass the planet tia

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Ahh, gotta love a good Crotch Whisky

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
This could all be over easy if everyone didn't scramble to come up with new puns

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

FactsAreUseless posted:

FOR poo poo'S SAKE, SOMEONE TELL ME HOW EXERCISE TO BE
Do the exact opposite of exercising not to be.

Which is which, that is the question.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Puts a whole new spin on :krad:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Stare-Out posted:

True sign of the genius of Weird Al when you're listening to the actual song and start singing along only the lyrics you're spouting are actually from the Weird Al parody instead of the actual lyrics.

Prime example: Lose Yourself by Eminem.
Smells Like Nirvana will now and always be the definitive version of that song for me.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
That sure was a decently cool little morsel of historical trivia used as a setup for a savagely mediocre punchline, alright.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Alaois posted:

except it insults the south in the first paragraph so I think they were shooting for a british accent???
Now that you mention that, you could pretty much sell it as something from Stephen Fry in QI.

EDIT: Except Fry could probably make it actually funny.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I'm hella glad they sent that probe out way back then instead of in recent years, though. Would be embarrassing as hell if the first thing some alien civilization heard from us was loving Gangnam Style or someshit.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Good, very good

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I think it's something from Stargate SG-1, at least the evil mooks in that show keep shouting it

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Tanith posted:

Pangs of shame aren't normally localized to the right ankle, what's the deal with the pitcher in this one?

SiKboy posted:

They are linked. Whatever happens to the batter is instead felt by the pitcher. Its called "The pitcher of Dorian Grey".

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I already laughed at "iconic SA pastry" because I knew exactly what was coming :allears:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I remember a thread that I think was called "A thread where <username> gets owned really hard", and like the title says it was just one poster roasting someone whose usename I can't remember (a mod I think) in various increasingly creative ways. I also can't remember any of the insults specifically, only that they were goddamn beautiful. Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

EDIT: \/ Much obliged :tipshat:

EDIT 2: ok this thread was a bit more slur happy than I remembered but there's still some really good poo poo

Nordick has a new favorite as of 06:22 on May 19, 2021

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
It actualy refers to the 1980s Russian tech bro billionaire Elorg Murmsk

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Nazzadan posted:

Gimme poo
gimme pee
take a poo poo inside of me
ooooah

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
amoungest

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

EorayMel posted:

quote:

BLANCHES oval office posted:

agh im going to squat on crazy batshit gun mans roof!!! i hope he has children in the home while i squat barefoot onto his badly done roof and push out me colon snakes. his wife is probably cozy in her snuggly fleece wizard looking robe and the man is drinking a beer. they are not expecting something so bizarre as a child like me to be making GBS threads above them. ahaha im a gradeschool kid who is drinking gin out of a gatorade bottle and now im shot in the stomach by a stupid as gently caress person from the worst state in the country. aaaagh im gutshot and me turds are pouring out silly putty like from the birdshot that riddle me full of deathholes. hail satan death to america i was in band and i was learning clare de lune on the oboe and my mother loved me but now im dead because of guns and idiots.

I remember hearing a very good dramatic reading of this post that someone uploaded, but I have no idea where the link might be or if it's even up anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Thank you, God bless