Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

The Highwaymen song you are thinking of is Highwayman: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aFkcAH-m9W0
the best Highwaymen song is American Remains, bar none. Highwayman is a good song, but American Remains is goddamn powerful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8Q0sX2cv-Q

as for great forum quotes, have this hot banger from the trump thread after Toad From Mario Kart was ruined forever

kidkissinger posted:

Personally, I'd describe my dick more as a Waluigi.

Reik posted:

Not included in any Smash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ice Phisherman posted:

Go to the buffet after church. You're in your best. The haircut you have is like your wife's, but yours is a toupee. Hers is held aloft by so much hairspray that it's a fire hazard. Your daughter is still in her daughter/daddy purity ball dress. The purity rings are low quality metal, but you know a machinist and you'll have your high quality material. You know the machinist personally. The one who degloved his hand that one time? Well he has another hand and he gave your daughter something that won't ever be fitted to her finger and it slides around, occasionally falling off. Good steel though. American steel. Her purity ball dress is too tight. Your pride and joy son is doomed to become the president of the United States one day. And because it'll be 2067 by that point, it'll be from the back of a technical as he shouts to a starving crowd through a microphone because most of the US is underwater, seceding or irradiated.

You're feeling a little queasy and wonder if that tuna casserole tasted off or not. Your stomach roils. Now you're a man of the world. You've been outside of the county once to the capital to show off your prized hog and got fourth place. And you know never to trust a fart, but just this once you do. And thump, right in the tidy whities.

That's the face you make when you poo poo your pants at the family photo at the country buffet. And because you're so practical, you never throw the picture away. It cost you fifteen dollars and you're not wasting that.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol glad I wasn't the only one who saw that and knew it had to be here. God that last description of them fleeing is some Horse Posts level of makes me laugh uncontrollably every time I read it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Goons describing the many, varied, ridiculous bugs in dwarf fortress will never not be incredible.

egg tats posted:

everyone always talks about the cats getting drunk bug, and they should because it's a funny story, but no one ever talks about my favorite bug: the time Toady put in the wrong values when he was setting minerals melting and evaporation points, so he loaded up a save and the entire ground immediately puffed away into a cloud of steam

scamtank posted:

didn't watch that, did they mention the update that had geese laying eggs that were actually iron thrones

Vengarr posted:

Someone in the Rimworld thread mentioned accidentally changing the boiling point of blood to the point where dwarves would literally explode when exposed to sunlight. Limbs and beards flying everywhere.

Shady Amish Terror posted:

The history of DF bugs is unbelievably wild and immense, especially if you use the expanded definition of 'bug' to include 'features that were intended but had unintended consequences which should have been obvious'. Originally, dwarves that created artifacts would haul them around possessively for a period of time that extended from 'a few months' to 'indefinitely', which is all well and good when they make an artifact andesite ring, but would lead the creators of artifact lead floodgates to frequently starve trying to drag their perfect, immaculate lodestone from place to place.

-Then there was the time dwarves were completely, consistently eating poo poo in combat because it turns out the math was wrong and they were half or less the size they were actually supposed to be.

-More recently there was Toady adding riding mounts, but it turns out that that worked by sending commands into their psyche and so undead mounts couldn't be controlled because there was no soul into which to input your riding commands.

-Occasionally monsters that took over civilizations would, as citizens of that civilization, grant you quests to destroy the monster that took over that civilization. (Proposing to call this 'pulling a Roger Muirebe')

-Then there was loyalty cascades, that might or might not be finally fully fixed, where kinslaying within a civ could set off a rage-virus cascade of conflicted loyalties (since the aggressor would become an enemy of your civ and then be attacked by members of your civ but then because they're a member of your civ that would make those that attacked them an enemy of your civ but also an enemy of theirs so you'd have factional civil wars).

-Then there was the time the boiling point of fat got set too low so everybody's fat boiled out and sloughed out onto the ground at the start of every embark, leaving wounded, fatless, but still-living dwarves.

-Then there was the time that some material (some specific kind of wood, I think) had an ignition temp set too low so sometimes your wagon would flashpoint into a raging inferno on embark.

-Then there was the period of time that the 'restricted' pathing weight literally made tiles inaccessible to the pathing algorithm, and since all entities follow the path weights (including invaders), you could make your fortress completely safe from invasion by sternly telling the opposing army that they weren't allowed in.

-Then there were the oft-previously-discussed undead sponges that could still charge and crush dwarves with their immense mass while being totally immune to beheading and thus, at the time, immortal.

-Then there was the period of time early in the 3d builds where you could embark on existing sites and steal all their stuff (or sap an enemy goblin tower by establishing a dwarven camp at the base and undermining it)

Hell, most of us have probably experienced bugs which we couldn't quite figure out how to even report and haven't seen or experienced since. One of my fortresses was attacked by a dragon that, after killing half the population and setting several fires, settled down and became a permanent, essentially neutral inhabitant that often hung out in the hospital or dining hall and which mutually ignored my dwarves.

Shady Amish Terror posted:

Also remembered how much I loved that a military unit that fell onto a spike could, at very low odds, critically succeed and successfully dodge, parry, or block the spike with a shield or armor. Since fall damage ramped up massively with distance, and experience rewarded was commensurate with the blow averted, this would instantly lead the unit to being something like Legendary+12 in whatever skill was used to escape death. Throwing your military conscripts off a cliff until one of them successfully developed superpowers and blocked the entire earth was a legitimate shortcut to power.

So Math posted:

If you're bringing up the mount code, you have to mention that dwarves carrying their babies were considered as mounts on the first iteration. So, the parent would follow the pathing AI of the baby (crawl on the floor randomly), until they starved to death.

An earlier version of the simulation knew what parts go in a body, but not where they are located. It was possible to pierce both a dwarf's eyes with a singe arrow and cause no other injuries. The game was calculating chance to hit for each individual body part, which also meant that dwarves who were already missing body parts were better at dodging attacks.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

broke: canceling Skullgirls at EVO

woke: canceling EVO at Skullgirls

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
started out as an innocent question about efficiently finding diamonds in minecraft

Pollyanna posted:

Is there a better way to find diamonds in vanilla than by digging down to Y12 and strip mining in a single direction? I've easily spent an hour and a half and have only found a couple.

pseudorandom name posted:

You don't have to strip mine, if you dig out parallel 1x2 tunnels separated by two blocks you will see every ore cluster you intersect. (And then when you move vertically to dig a second layer of tunnels, you stagger the tunnels one block horizontally.)

Pollyanna posted:

Well, by strip mining, I specifically mean the 1x2 tunnel. Though I haven't been making them like that...I'll see if I can adjust!

pseudorandom name posted:

If you want to get really fancy:

Fuego Fish posted:

Oh sure, they start out looking like that, but by the time you reach the other side of the mountain they look like this:

if you don't get it, I highly recommend reading the classic horror short, The Enigma of Amigara Fault

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

dao Jones posted:

Georgia is a blue state, wow

TulliusCicero posted:

It took an Abrams to finish what a Sherman started

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I like this one too

fizzymercy posted:

He could save you 15% or more on car insurance but he couldn't save himself.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

A Fancy Hat posted:

I know Japan, okay, I know it EXTREMELY well and they love me over there. I fed the fish, did you see this? I fed the fish and that's not... nobody else is allowed to do that, or even WAS allowed to do that, before me. And there was so much more, of course, that they... they took me under the ground, underground they call it, to a wonderful place. A very magical place but instead of magic, you might say it was something else. And that was technology.

There was a guy there, straight out of central casting with the glasses, who watched everything. And they took me around and they said "Sir, please don't touch anything." And I didn't, not a thing, but then the wonderful robot woke up and started screaming. And I said "Wow, that's... that's technology. Is that steam?" and it wasn't, it was something else, I believe.... they told me they put a human in there, they "Plug" him in and a wonderful liquid flows over him, although it's not the wonderful liquid that I love so much.

*SnffFFFTTT*

But they get you wet, you're in the plug, and then you go fight. Do the fight. "He's fighting against the angels now" is a thing you might normally say at a funeral, perhaps, but they were saying it every day, and the angels were.... they looked like crystals or perhaps like a young boy that you fall very deeply in love with, in a very unique way. So now? I see all of this and then they take me very deep down, and I'm in there and I see a guy, big guy, and they literally crucified him. He's been crucified by the FAKE NEWS JAPANESE MEDIA and they even stuck a thing in him, and he's wearing a mask. Dr. Fauci would love this guy, wouldn't he folks? But so.... well.... some things happened, some things happened to some people. And then everyone started clapping for me and said "Congratulations!" and I said "Say it again" and then some more people were saying "Congratulations."

And of course, the whole time, there was a wonderful girl with the blue hair, who may have been.... I think she may have been the mother as well. I don't.... some of it was very confusing. But that was Japan, they love me over there.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Talorat posted:

Nene is playing Apex until she gets 1000 damage in one round and adding a new Nene Ghost every time she dies.

It's not going well.

Badingading posted:

Her original goal was 500 damage and she not only hit that goal within a couple games but also got champion on top of that. Then she upped her goal to 1000 damage and now we have 12 Nenes.
just the way they describe what's going on got me good.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

SerthVarnee posted:

So I've been looking to adopt a dog to keep my current one company. While this guy didn't fit the criteria to be an option for me, I just wanted to show you his majestic ears anyways.

https://hundarutanhem.se/hundar/arys-0430/

Just look at those ears... :allears:

Captain Invictus posted:

is that natural? what the hell lol

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

I. M. Gei posted:

I have heard that sperm can survive stomach acid and penetrate the walls of the digestive system, although it's very rare. In any case they can occasionally get past the walls of the anus and find their way to the reproductive organs one way or another.

It's also possible to get pregnant from oral. Again, it's super rare, but I remember there's at least one case of it happening a few years ago that got mentioned on the news.

I cannot say for sure how much of this is lies and ignorant stupidity told to me by my lovely abstinence-only high school sex ed.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
a followup to the incredible oral pregnancy post, the entire saga has been collected in glorious Phoenix Wright form by goon Endorph

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Oxxidation posted:

*gulpgulpgulpgulp*

rear end cum
I'm partial to the use of Von Karma as the one to reference some incredibly obscure incident with 4 separate linked names in the case title, because he absolutely would be the one to do so

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Demon Of The Fall posted:

she was killed in a plane crash a few months ago, lol

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

was this pic taken before or after the crash

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Lucky Guy posted:

im declaring war on u

I don't have any tanks, so expect my to abandon my 2002 Camry outside your house within the next few days

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
In regards to generals that keep getting picked off in Ukraine, some good Warhammer nerd poo poo

Owlbear Camus posted:

lol their C3 is so hosed up that flag level officers have to ride along at the front like loving warhammer 40k to shout orders, and sometimes get stuck under a template effect and miss their "look out, sir" save

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

LifeSunDeath posted:

loving Arby's is probably licking its chops waiting to move into all the old mcdonalds buildings.

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Arby's and Papa Johns are going to own Russia after this.

Droogie posted:

Putin just after that horsey sauce

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
comedy gas section

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Skyl3lazer posted:

The main reason I'm excited about steam release is the next feature is supposed to be magic and I want it

Asterite34 posted:

Finally, a revisit of the original Slaves of Armok, where you could cast a spell to teleport your own brain out of your head, killing you instantly

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Liquid Chicken posted:

Cue "The Lonely Man" song....

mobby_6kl posted:

Needs a bit more negative space imo

Cthulu Carl posted:

Needs some Werner Herzog narration

busalover posted:

The tank does not know where it is going. It will die. It is insane.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
or so you think

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The Bloop posted:

Milking a milk snake brb

Lurking Haro posted:

My milksnake eats all the mice in the yard

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

GABA ghoul posted:

It's only a question of time until tankies rehabilitate Hitler as the great de-nazifier. He fought against American and lib world domination and freed Europe from liberalism.

shame on an IGA posted:

How does he not get de-nazifier credit? the man literally shot Hitler in the face

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The ban posts are fine and not frequent enough to warrant even this much pissing and moaning

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
good ol' TF

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Xenomrph posted:

Sorry guys, that’s me, I needed to know literally everything about Transformers all at once.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Radio Paranoia posted:

Good lord, what is happening in that midsection?

ZixTheYeti posted:

Aurora Vorealis.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

thetoughestbean posted:

I’m far too fat to be a skeleton, I’m afraid…

Huzzah! posted:

There are fat skeletons, like Vamos

Bad Seafood posted:

He's not fat, he's just big boned.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I love a good stupid juvenile back-and-forth

Screaming Idiot posted:

If you do what you love for a living, you'll learn to hate the thing you love. :smith:

The Bloop posted:

Finally burning out at the dicksucking factory?

Screaming Idiot posted:

Your mom keeps winning employee of the month and it's really ruined my morale.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The Anime Liker posted:

I like the story of Job because it shows the Judeo-Christian god is a gambling addict and a messy bitch who loves drama.
you might enjoy Woolie vs God, the animated tangents from Woolie on the Super Best Friends podcast where he derails into talking about various biblical stories in a succinct and often hilarious way. man I wish there were more than the like 5 that exist
"Lucky Job"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJZbLtbuWKM&hd=1

"Purgatory Babies"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pwVEVj3Gzc&hd=1

"Scumbag Jacob"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iibnwMwpmiI&hd=1

"Cain Brought the Sides"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYBW97Z4IMw&hd=1

and the original from a different animator, "Biblical Best Friends"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgkc7PPOxKY

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
not a funny post, but I want you all to enjoy the 7 wonderful pages of devmd01 posts about his journey with Pongo, his rescue dog.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3553037&userid=93641

he is giving Pongo his best life.

devmd01 posted:

He may start out sleeping on the comfy couch in the basement but he almost always ends up sleeping under our bed. :3:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

exquisite tea posted:

Give Velma a fatality.

Ariong posted:

She already calls the cops on people.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Milo and POTUS posted:

Sigh, I love losing my place in threads trying to find the context. Good quote though
now THERE'S a tech suggestion, having quotes have a little thing indicating what thread they link to. probably impossible with RadiumCode™ but is still a good idea

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
holy poo poo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the single thing I remember is that the audio mixing was so unbelievably bad that the villain's big speech during the climactic battle was literally drowned out by everything else going on. imagine YOU SHALL NOT PASS-type old man screaming but all the fire and explosions going on all around utterly muffles whatever diabolical thing that's being said. a brilliant failure.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
in regards to telling someone irl your(or saying you're another person's) username on SA

Cleretic posted:

Too risky. If you name a known poster you can make sure they're fine, if you make one up you risk accidentally naming, like, zipline guy or an Ironic War Criminal rereg.

Large Testicles posted:

I mean Caro was here for a while but he was more of an Ironic War Prisoner

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

cock hero flux posted:

i don't know why they ever changed it from Animated Drawings To Replace Women, that was easily the peak
nah, VEGETA was always the best, and it should be changed back to that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Burt Gherkin posted:

This is no laughing matter. The suspect has had CIA training and could probably take out an entire field office on his own.

Jesus Christ... that's Jason Courne.

Edit: lol

I. M. Gei posted:

Wait wait hang on, I left to go eat dinner. What's all this about Shiffer and corn? Did he really die in a cornfield or what?

Jose Mengelez posted:

they're having trouble locating his body as it's slowly decreasing in size

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 08:14 on Aug 12, 2022