Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

By popular demand posted:

Oh no! Roy Orbison is trapped inside!

Splicer has a new favorite as of 23:22 on Jun 4, 2022

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

I knew what the reply was going to be and I still laughed.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Collapsing Farts posted:

The coronavirus is scary if you live in a poor region in china

It is not, otherwise

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Also interesting since the collapsing farts were symptoms I could use to self-check out of going into work back when anyone cared about the spread

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Put this in the OP plz

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Ok I'll be the token idiot.

Idgi. Little help please?

E: oh, right, the date. Fucker jinxed us all didn't they.

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 22:28 on Jun 5, 2022

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Reading posts around Feb 2020 is a real treat if you enjoy being made to feel really uncomfortable

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Heath posted:

Reading posts around Feb 2020 is a real treat if you enjoy being made to feel really uncomfortable

It's not like it got better in 2020.

If anyone can find the "covid from ice cream" freak out post it. There was and is people genuinely treating it like an end of the world event and freaking out at unsafe levels.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

pentyne posted:

If anyone can find the "covid from ice cream" freak out post it. There was and is people genuinely treating it like an end of the world event and freaking out at unsafe levels.

Yeah I think we were all pretty disappointed with the whole covid thing

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Wasn't there some goon who claimed to have gotten in the order of like 14 boosters?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Dameius posted:

Wasn't there some goon who claimed to have gotten in the order of like 14 boosters?

Yeah, it turned out he was making it up.

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

pentyne posted:

here’s the post

Happy Thread posted:

Now I'm bugging out because today I crossed one of my own safety lines by accident. It won't sound like it to anyone else. I got a box of frozen bonbons at the grocery, opened it and ate one.

All these visuals immediately filled my head of those frozen seafood shipments that allowed COVID to start little outbreaks in countries that otherwise didn't have it. I felt a twinge of hesitation as I went for a bite but ignored it since I already eat frozen ice cream. No need to overthink it, right, I already did that work for ice cream previously. But when I took a look at the bitten cross section, I realized that this is a dessert that had to be assembled in the open air while frozen. It's not like the more sealed manufacturing process for an ice cream tub, when I guess it goes striaght in.

So next I'm on Youtube looking up How It's Made videos of frozen desserts. The factory lines are zipping by, hundreds of the things being assembled by machine, and sure enough every video has workers with hairnets but no face masks sitting on the line, hovering over it, breathing on it and filling the room with their air. One actually showed a maskless guy opening the vat of ice cream and sticking his face up to the opening to take a big whiff, all his personal air freezing onto the product. A lot of camera shots featured masks. But over 50% dicknosers. So many dicknosers.

I handled someone's frozen exhalations today. I tasted it so it definitely made it to my olfactory bulb. The risk is small, but unknown. Food factories are famous for outbreaks. The manufacture date on the box did not bring relief: Feburary 2021, hello newer strains. For a year I have washed every surface of every grocery and other object entering my front door to keep COVID out of our house for our cats. If all that was futile because of a bonbon I'm gonna be mad.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

shelley posted:

here’s the post

Dicknoser

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

EorayMel posted:

Dicknoser

The Aviator was a p good movie.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

shelley posted:

here’s the post

The post that got that person banned sure is, uh, something

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

I enjoyed it when Dumb Lowtax came into the legal questions thread asking about how to force their way into a strangers' apartment to get their 'friend's' abandoned stuff.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Lammasu posted:

Triangle Girl is crazy hot!

Joke Miriam posted:

She gives the WORST head!

Mantis42 posted:

Maybe, but she's got acute face.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Dameius posted:

It was 35 boosters, here's the relevant posts for the sake of posterity:

Wang Commander posted:

So I've been Max Titering a full Moderna dose every 3 weeks since my second dose back in February. I had to get some blood work done for my annual physical and they said my blood looked unusual in the tube, like visibly. They thought it was excessive lipids at first, but my cholesterol was normal, so they ran some more tests and it was antibodies. Anyway my doctor says my blood is way too viscous now and it explains why my blood pressure is up and they're worried about my kidneys between the inflammation and the thickening! I haven't come clean about the boosters yet so if you see a preprint about an insanely excessive antibody production with the Moderna vaxx it's just me and my boy Max.

Wang Commander posted:

Definitely do as I say not as I do situation, I would never advise anyone to engage in what's become a nervous habit (there have definitely been a few boosters on stressful days between the 3 week interval lol).

Wang Commander posted:

1/6 (bandited at a public site for the elderly in a red county) and 2/6, original series. Then I was reading about other vaccines and seeing how many polio shots I got as a kid and was like maybe 4 will be better for this, I went with the Pfizer interval because rich people were getting Pfizer so I figured closer together was better but all anyone had around me was Moderna. Then I kept going because it made me feel safer about covid, and once we learned about waning I knew I was doing the right thing. So then every 3 weeks up until my physical this week so 21 more like clockwork. I got 2 or 3 extras at least during Delta (was really freaked out about India stuff so I'm not sure how much) and when the Omicron sequence dropped I did one daily until my regular dose on the 27th of last month at which point I calmed down so 22-26 is 5 extra. And I got the legit booster on my card the day I could even though it wasn't on the regimen. So 2 original, a booster, 21 on my DIY sequence, 5 during omicron, and at least 2 during delta. So that's 31 as the absolute floor, maybe 35. All full dose Moderna except the legit booster so we'll say 30.5-34.5 doses? Kind of worried about the kidney thing now that I read more about what they do and can mess up!

Business Gorillas posted:

i agree with you but just kind of curious how your blood slowly turning into antibody slushy is going

Wang Commander posted:

The medical researchers have kind of lost interest but the Icee corporation thinks it could be the basis for a high-protein zero-carb Icee.

crepeface posted:

glad u have some humour about this because i found a possible future av for you but thought it might be too ghoulish to share

A few weeks later:

Wang Commander posted:

got covid, rip my telomeres

Wang Commander posted:

full disclosure the 35 doses thing was a bit, i did get contacted by a journalist about it tho.

i only had 3 doses and i think i got covid bc my booster waned (about 2-3 months old when u actually do need to redose it every 2 weeks or so iirc)

im gonna try to bother ppl about paxlovid and sotrovimab but theres like no supply here so i dont like my odds

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

For a year I have washed every surface of every grocery and other object entering my front door to keep COVID out of our house for our cats

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

For a year I have washed every surface of every grocery and other object entering my front door to keep COVID out of our house for our cats

You should have washed the cats to keep the objects safe.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Paladinus posted:

You should have washed the cats to keep the objects safe.
Have to be careful touching the groceries when you've got open wounds on your hands, though

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

cats, being creatures of Disease, would simply overpower the covid with the power of toxoplasmosis

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Arven posted:

Deer suck. They carry a parasite that is totally harmless to themselves, but if it gets in goats it gets in their brain and paralyzes them. Deer literally give goats brain worms :brainworms:

poverty goat posted:

deer are basically parasite motherships

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Freaquency posted:

The post that got that person banned sure is, uh, something

He had to go to disney land to get the souvenir star wars mug. Had to. He didn't use the restroom though so he is ideologically and morally pure

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

He had to go to disney land to get the souvenir star wars mug. Had to. He didn't use the restroom though so he is ideologically and morally pure

Actual quote is slightly better, not by much, but there's a bit of sympathy for someone who may have bent to social/family pressure to compromise themselves. Why they would then post extensively about it however...

LionArcher posted:

I was at Disneyland today from 8:30 AM until 9:30 PM. This was not my planning. But needless to say I was not happy about this. To answer the original poster who tried to act like I was an rear end in a top hat about this. No, I was not there with kids that were not vaccinated. I was with three teens who are related to me and a friend, Who are all vaccinated, and a family member also vaccinated. I was double masked with an N 95 and a cloth mask over and glasses the entire time. My niece was double masked as well and is getting a Covid test anyways before she can go to a church thing this weekend. we ate outside of the park twice, once indoors (not crowded lunch) once outdoors. Aside from that, I only took sips of water away from everybody over water with a personal fan blowing the air around in the park, and masks on the rest of the time. I walked over 15 miles. It was exhausting, I regret doing it, and this thing is going to be everywhere. Nobody cares, nobody really knows, I heard a lot of people talking very smugly as they tore their masks off between rides about being fully vaccinated.

I asked way earlier in the thread about going to a Dodgers game tomorrow, and I know now that I can easily go three hours without using the bathroom or eating at a game, but I sure as hell don’t see the point. Also, the Disneyland merch has gotten incredibly cheap feeling. I went in there ready to spend stupid money on things like the light saber, and all of it feels like cheap China crap. Even the coffee mugs that used to be unique and awesome I have gone downhill and smaller in size.

i’m not complaining about being at Disneyland. It was stupid circumstances that ended up with me there. and privilege and blah blah blah. I’m more bummed that I have to cancel on seeing my friends in September at a dance festival, and the fact that the wrong number will go up from here on out. The number of dead and hospitalized.

Society was built and trains us to be more selfish as a virtue. of course this virus was going to spread like wild fire and keep coming back. I pondered this in a lot of other things during the day. I pondered my silly probe. There’s a strong argument to be made that me even co towing to family pressure and being there at all was me being a selfish rear end in a top hat. I did everything right for 18 months and it feels useless. was it exhaustion and a mistake that made me feel like I was an idiot at the park today? probably.

but looking around the park today I know number is going to go up bigly, and this society is going to collapse faster and faster over the next 10-15 years.

as we were eating pizza outside for dinner a homeless man ran down the street yelling and someone asked why homeless has gotten worse. I started to think of a good answer for a very Privileged teen who because of their lovely church didn’t believe masks worked 6 months ago, and before I could respond someone else said because California makes it too easy for them.

at that point, I finished my slice, said nothing and put my mask back on and joker smiled.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:goleft: Strike 1 :goleft:

Rabbit posted:

Im not very good at this but i through this together in a bid to become a GBS STUPARSTAH!

you are a mod of a popular comedy website SOMETHINGAWFULDOTCOM and won day you see a thread witha vague titl so you open the thread and read the text within it appears to be a low content post do you:

a. vote 1 and move on.
b. ban the sucka
c. ???
d. profit

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

:banjo: Strike 2 :banjo:

:catdrugs: Strike 3 [I may have posted before but here is the full set] :catdrugs:

Rabbit posted:

It also causes cancer and leprosy.

I was so addicted that I re-registered as soon as I was banned.

I've also realised that being a member of this forum implies paying for friends. This would be ok if any of you were my friends, but I hate all of you (except the nice people from my previous threads, they are wonderful and lovely!).

This thread is for members who are having trouble living in the real world due to SA.

The paranoid schizophrenic in me would also like to point out that "SA" could easily mean "Substance Abuse" and I hereby declare that it is poisoning our hearts and our minds as we grow ever dependent upon it's offerings of so-called "humor".

Discuss, or feel free to mock me for my grammar and/or post count.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Gromit posted:

What was the Dall-E prompt that generated this?

3D Megadoodoo posted:

"biblically accurate house"

Wasabi the J posted:

BE NOT A-FRAMED

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

“Hey Hitachi, I need to excavate my lawn to make make my yard squirt oil. While you’re at it, my horny wife wants to squirt too.”

Dabir posted:

same tool for both. i've seen your wife

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

PUPPY PUZZLE posted:

it depends on your definition of weird. because in a way i was the weird kid.
i hung out with all of the metalhead/goth/punk/stoner/raver people (yes they were all merged into one group), but i completely didn't fit in, and to all of them, i was weird, but they liked me because of it. i had hair down to my chest and a full beard, i would always wear adidas or and1 shirts with interstate pants, and sometimes a hoodie, every day, and when i bought new clothes, i made sure they were these brands, i don't know why. i was the only one into video games, i was the only one who was computer literate, i was the only one who listened to all kinds of music, i used to make little death cartoon strips with stick figures and tons of blood, i always made stupid jokes, and i made fun of everyone who wasn't in my "group". well, at least to me, looking back, i was weird.

there were far weirder, like my friend john. john hated hair. he shaved his entire body, eyebrows, arms, asscrack, everything. and he loved to tell us all about his shaving adventures every single day. he always wore the smallest and tightest shirts he could find, usually under an unbuttoned shirt. he wore sandals all the time, and i mean, ALL the time, he snuck sandals into prom even. he graduated third in his class, and got kicked out of the graduation ceremony for wearing sandals. he got suspended once for coming to school dressed as a tampon, complete with white sandals. if people owed him money, he would take strange action, like stealing their tires off of their cars, peeing in their full mailbox, or pooping on their windshield and smearing it with the wiper blade, and these were all for less than $20. also he used to flash his balls to everyone, for no apparent reason.

then there was russell. russel was loud, obnoxious, and crazy. he disrupted class non-stop, yelling "NO!" after every name while the teacher took attendance. then he would stand up on his chair in the middle of class, take his shirt off, and sing a random backstreet boys song at the top of his lungs. when the teacher tried to give him an office referral, he ran to her desk, slammed his hands down on it, and screamed "LOOK BITCH, YOU PUT THAT loving REFERRAL BACK IN YOUR loving DESK RIGHT NOW!", and she did, shaking, as he went to sit back down. at lunch he would scream out random words, like "gently caress", "BALLS", "poo poo", and my favorite, "AAAHHHHH NAZIS!!!". also he went out for a smoke at lunch once and accidentally burned some of his shoulder length hair, so in the class after lunch, he asked our teacher for scissors, and proceeded to cut it all off right there in class, and then ask the teacher how he looked.

um... yeah, that was long.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

pentyne posted:

Actual quote is slightly better, not by much, but there's a bit of sympathy for someone who may have bent to social/family pressure to compromise themselves. Why they would then post extensively about it however...

Yeah, any possible bit of sympathy you could have instantly evaporates on those last three words what a loving whiplash.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Bitcoin

fullroundaction posted:

She grabbed her crotch, told me to “buy this dip”, and then slapped me so hard my glasses shattered across the room.

She just. Doesn’t. Get it.

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Reminder that Elon Musk said he'd end world hunger if someone gave him a reasonable plan for doing so, and someone (I think a UN council) drew up one that would cost six billion dollars, a mere fraction of what he spends on other vanity projects, and he immediately chickened out.

lmao @ thinking he would spend a dime on a humanitarian cause

Fister Roboto posted:

If he did actually try to end homelessness, it definitely wouldn't involve getting homeless people into homes.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

if global thermonuclear war is what it takes to stop bitcoin and cryptobros, then so be it

Shumagorath posted:

ethereum switching to Poof of States

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

we did it gang

a whole page devoid of funny pictures in the funny pictures thread

congrats, i hope you all get an old timey vd like sloppypox or itchybritches

Chortled at sloppypox, guffawed at itchybritches.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

Goon Boots posted:

unpopular opinion, but i don't think forklift drivers deserve all of the hero worship they get

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:haibrow:

Oddhair has a new favorite as of 17:14 on Jun 8, 2022

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

And they say mods aren't doing their job here

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Captain Hygiene posted:

And they say mods aren't doing their job here

Saddest Rhino for mod of the year all years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i think they only give life sentences in extreme cases