Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Anyone have any curry recipes that they would like to share?

I made chili yesterday. This batch tasted much better than my last but my stomach wasn't too happy a few hours later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Tusen Takk posted:

I used this but added extra red pepper and oil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yU3PMaLz8I

Thanks, I'll check it out later.

In the old chat thread, there were suggestions for projects for developers fresh out of school. Can anyone repost those?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Yes it is! Thank you so much. I gotta start doing some side projects if I want to make it over to a development position.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Pham Nuwen posted:

edit: wait gently caress this, anybody deliver any pizza lately?

I had pizza for dinner, does that count?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

NoWake posted:

Sooooo, the dealer I bought a car off of back in July still hasn't given the Secretary of State a valid title for the car. They'd taken care of registration back when I bought it, (charging me $221 for the pleasure) and I assumed this whole time that the bank I'd financed with had possession of the title.

Nope, I get a letter on the 20th from the S.o.S. saying that the most recent valid title for the car I've been driving and making payments on the past 5 months was issued one state over, back in 2013.

I've contacted the dealership about it almost every day since Tuesday last week, and each time it's another excuse for why the person responsible for titles is unavailable to help me out right now. I've been keeping a log of it. After the 10th call, I'm told today the only person who can help me out (3rd down the referral chain) has been out sick for 2 weeks and "Was supposed to be back this Monday but call back Friday and we'll see where she is."

I feel like they're jacking me around. How long should I wait to lawyer up? By all rights I should be able to drop the car off and get my full purchase price back, and I've got half a mind to do it.

They're not going to do anything for you. Call a lawyer tomorrow and at least find out your options. If you can, I'd park the car until you talk to a lawyer.

mariooncrack fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Nov 5, 2015

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Buy one now with a blown motor and when he's a teenager it's his if can swap in a ls motor.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

I love discovering random exploits on our Production system because someone couldn't scrub their code.

And I suck at coding.

You should learn to use burpsuite. You'll probably ruin a lot of people's days.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I thought Mustang forums were the worst. At least that's what the Mustang thread's OP says.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I got nervous when I saw all of the new posts but I was pleasantly surprised by all of this.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Cage posted:

Turned 30 today. It was harder to get out of bed, but I think it was a mental issue and not physical. Was legit comfy though.

Happy birthday!

Anyone here going to get the new Starcraft game? I want to play coop but not with random people online and I don't have any friends that are going to buy it.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

CharlesM posted:

I definitely will at some point. Does it have co-op campaign?

Sort of. There's coop missions you can play. Each player chooses a commander with special abilities and play through a mission. It looks like fun and it doesn't look like it's just for LOTV. It looked like there were some missions that I could play with just HOTS.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Yeah, you should move your car. A little more walking and inconvenience for safety is worth it.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Tusen Takk posted:

I know that the Battlefront Beta didn't run on my PC, luckily I'm hopefully graduating soon, so I'll be building a new rig sooner rather than later. I'm shocked that my lovely ATI/AMD rig with 8GB RAM and a 1GB video card has lasted since 2010, honestly

I'm still using an old hex core I bought in 2011. I have upgraded my video card since then though. I did that because my 560 TI died and they sent me a 650 TI. It didn't like dual monitors so I got a 7950 from a friend.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Wii U version is a lot of fun to play with a big group of people. MK 64 is my least favorite of the series.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Noise Complaint posted:

Just out of curiosity, for the guys who are anti-CCW, what would you suggest she do if she HAD gotten pulled out of the vehicle. She's 120 lbs soaking wet. This was a 6 ft + probably 250-300lb dude who had gone full on wacko.

Anything to get away. The most common advice about getting into a fight is doing anything beforehand not to get into a fight. After that, it's about getting away and getting out of harms way.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
It probably doesn't help that a lot of people think "why should I hire a DJ when I can just make a playlist in Spotify?"

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

:confused: They are an award winning studio with a very high profile portfolio and I've loved every game they put out. Between them, Blizzard, and Valve, they are one of the few companies I'm willing to pay full price for a game from.

And bug wise: The amount of coding in these games is IMMENSE, its really not possible to work all the kinks out in a reasonable time without missing your launch date or having the project closed for overrunning its budget.

While I agree on both points, I'm just tired of relying on the modding community to fix buggy games.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I wonder how long it took to figure that out.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

zundfolge posted:

If you can get Great Lakes beers Dortmunder Gold and Eliot Ness are two of my favorite lagers and they're great examples of their respective styles.

I'd just like to say that Great Lakes is generally good stuff. The only beer they make that people seem to be split on is Burning River. Dortmunder is their "flagship" beer and should be the easiest to find.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Holy poo poo. I just saw the news on Paris. I've been out and about and haven't really checked the Internet all day.

I know there's been a lot of computer chat lately. If you're thinking about upgrading, wait until the week of Black Friday. Newegg should have some good deals.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Like he's gonna start a family wearing those stupid loving pants.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
For me, the best part of raising canes is the breading. The sauce is good too though. I had a friend get a full large cup of just the sauce once.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Previa_fun posted:

drat. I guess I should be prepared to spend about three bones on a card? That seems about the sweet spot for all the recommended cards. That 960 was attractive because of the price but if the performance is really that much lower I might just have to suck it up.

Newegg usually starts their Black Friday sales the week of Black Friday, not on Black Friday. If you can, I would wait a week to see what they have. I know this sucks because you probably want to play Fallout as soon as possible.

The Locator posted:

I have no idea how old it is now, but I have an 8gb GTX 770 which runs everything I currently use without any problem. Is it still solid enough for Fallout 4 when I inevitably break down and buy it?

As long as you're not looking to max it out, you're probably okay.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I don't have sick days at my current job. I have PTO that can be used for sick days or as vacation time. Kind of encourages me to go to work sick than to stay home.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

some texas redneck posted:

You really want to clean poo poo off of walls? College students are some of the worst when it comes to bathrooms..

You may be able to get discounted tuition (maybe), at least.

College students are savages. They don't just keep the piss and poo poo to the bathrooms. I was an RA for a few years.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Well technically it is a maintanence position... Painting, basic carpentry, etc...

You'll probably be replacing poo poo some drunk 18 year old decided to destroy the night before.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Geirskogul posted:

Plugging a generic gigabit wired router + a Unifi AP again. Wired gigabit routers are cheap and robust, and a single unifi is a lot cheaper, by about half, than all-in-one wireless routers with the same thoroughput. Overall it can be less expensive, but enterprise level robust.

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2015/11/the-lingering-mess-from-default-insecurity/

Make sure your things are updated and what not. And change the default settings please.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Since we were talking about mash ups earlier :

https://youtu.be/DbEDsaMcS_8

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Pham Nuwen posted:

Crap, way back in the day we used a Volume License to install Windows 7 so now I can't recover any license key. I need the key so I can install Windows 7 on my new SSD, then upgrade to Win 10, then relegate the old box to FreeNAS duty. I also need the key so I can actually download the Windows 7 image since I long ago lost my disc. I've got a lead on someone who might have a spare key, we'll see how it goes :v:

You can usually grab your product key from the registry.

http://www.howtogeek.com/206329/how-to-find-your-lost-windows-or-office-product-keys/

Did you try this?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

nm posted:

He should remember to trade that in before the powertrain waeranty expires.
Goddamn, 3. Nissan cvts must be terrible.

They extended the warranty on older models to something like 8 years or 120k miles. He's probably got awhile.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I had the same issue as you BloodBag. I think this is what I bought:

http://www.amazon.com/RT-AC66U-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC1750-Gigabit-Router/dp/B008ABOJKS

I plugged it into one of the ethernet ports and disabled the wifi on the 2wire unit. I haven't had any issues.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Enourmo posted:

not e1m1, gtfo

He did e1m1 too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVn6C6uiFo0

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Enourmo posted:

no dude the REAL e1m1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSsfjHCFosw

e; they're all legit covers tho

:ughh:

It's been awhile since I've played any Doom game. I should remedy this.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Bajaha posted:

For all you blind AI Goons who will inevitably jump on to the AI:SS bandwagon after registration closes. GET YOUR poo poo TOGETHER.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tGL-buZ94Y

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

LloydDobler posted:

Last summer I re-bought the whole package from steam, since they're all ported to modern OS systems and they were on sale for like 5 bucks. It was easier than reloading from disc and finding the freeware emulators myself. They even had 3 expansion packs included that I've never played. The third one is hard as hell. I literally started it on easy and there's so little weapons/health that it took me like 20 tries to finish the first level. And this is after playing through doom 1 and doom 2 and 2 other xpacs so I was fully warmed up. It was nuts. Dual revenants in the first level, where you only have a shotgun, what the gently caress.

I got through it eventually but it became one of those sessions where you learn to quicksave after every single enemy is defeated or every door is opened. And some you forgot to stock up at the right time, so you end up hosed.

I think I own them all on Steam too. If not, there's always a chance I'll pick them up for the next Steam sale. If I remember correctly, Steam gives you the WADs so you can use one of the many DOOM engines. What amazes me is that there's still an active modding community for these games. Check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSzYliSASKc

I'm assuming you played Final Doom and had the pleasure of completing this map too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCGeNNvG0Z4

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I'm getting ready to go to Dennys with some friends for a second thanksgiving.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Just install Windows 10. You'll probably do it within a year anyway if you install 8.1 now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

scuz posted:

How are you liking the liquid cooling on the CPU? That's been on my "to tinker with" list for a while but haven't been able to find anything that I like.

Are you thinking about overclocking? It's not really needed unless you plan to.

• Locked thread