Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Boon posted:

I'm imagining a debate between Carson and Hillary. It reminds me of a certain fresh-faced, iron-pumping VP hopeful taking on the actual VP.

I dunno, at least Ryan could stay awake for the debate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Oh hell yeah today is Election Day! :buddy:

Go elect a dog catcher as mayor or whatever your backwards town does!

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Radish posted:

If Hillary wins and the first thing that happens after the election is called is Trump walks out on stage and high fives her it would be the greatest moment in modern politics.

The world is too lovely for such a thing to happen :smith:

But dear god, imagine the GOP response. It'd be loving magical. Trump is pretty much a caricature of everything that is wrong with the GOP and is making them look in the mirror at their bigotry.

I wonder what insurgent DNC candidate the GOP would try to put in in 2020 or 2024 to attempt the same sort of coup?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Everblight posted:

Do conservatives not know how gays work?

It's poop and rape all the way down.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

I just realized that Trump's anger translator would be Andrew Dice Clay.

E: Clinton's would probably be Lena Headey for office meetings and Melissa McCarthy for press conferences. Bernie's would have to be Lewis Black.

I'm still not convinced that Bernie isn't just Lewis Black in a wig.

I mean, has anyone ever seen them in a room together? :tinfoil:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Rhesus Pieces posted:

I guess Jon Stewart couldn't stay away any longer:

:allears:

This is the best news I've heard all day.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Whoever Joanne wants for POTUS should be elected immediately, regardless of who it is.

Reminds me of my own grandma too much to deny her wishes :kimchi:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Jesus no wonder our government doesn't get poo poo done. Are other legislatures like this?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Phone posted:

If anything it's going to sink Sanders.

I can't imagine he has any issues with anal, considering his support for LGBT folks.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Joementum posted:

:iceburn: from the Wall Street Journal

poo poo, they're just being mean now.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgWy9t-n7UY

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

He'd have been better off with just rocking a Black by Popular Demand shirt, honestly.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

euphronius posted:

Can't wait for the real debates if Carson is the nominee

He's got as much a chance of winning the nomination as Trump, honestly.

(or Bernie :bernin:)

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

His endgame is to crazy himself out of the race. The only issue is that the Republican base is eating that crazy up like its the gospel.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

greatn posted:

That does sound made up af tbf.

Probably the only candidate not lying about their past is Donald Trump.

I dunno, USMC recruiting right at the end of a 10 year conflict sounds like it'd be pretty discriminating. You'd see something similar trying to enlist today (granted, the female qualifier would be discarded).

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Ron Jeremy posted:

My wife got out of paris. She's sitting next to Al Gore on the flight.

So much for environmentalism, does Gore know how much those planes pollute? :smuggo:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Paul Ryan is a complete and utter rear end in a top hat. It is folly to ever entertain otherwise.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

Apparently I am going to meet O'Malley Thursday night. What should I ask him?

Also, be sure to mention Tommy Carcetti to him. I'm sure he never get's tired of the similarities.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

the_paradigm_shift posted:

I forgot that was him. Doesn't he have those pictures of him in uniform on a horse?

Yeah, it's actually kinda cool :shrug:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Using prostitutes doesn't mean you're a bad person, it means he's simply misguided and in need of redemption!

People in the South love a good redemption tale, right?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

I had to delete my FB account because of all this horrific poo poo.

What the gently caress is wrong with Americans? :negative:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I haven't used Facebook in over a year, how bad was it getting? From a scale of "I think Muslims are a bit shifty-eyed and suspicious" to "immediate genocide and concentration camps now"?

I have two PTSD-addled brothers who are former Army, a bunch of people who I was in the Marines with, and a mix between ultra-religious family members and some airsofters/try hard nerds.

They're all pretty much fans of camps and nukes.

I need better friends :smith:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Darko posted:

This is odd. Every single FB friend I have who served in the Army (and all have confirmed kills either as snipers or drone operators) are strongly against camps and nukes, and are generally really understanding.

In fact, they say it's strictly because being over there and working side by side with people, or trying to work with around civilians expands their worldview.

Marines seem to be a different shift, though from my experience.

My brothers are kinda shitheads. I think they get it from our late father, who was hooked in hard to the Fox News machine.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Fried Chicken posted:

Good news everyone!

The Air Force has successfully completed testing of the B61-12 nuclear gravity bomb.

The test was conducted with a non nuclear payload (consistent with test treaty obligations) but the design has been found sound for a new generation of nuclear bombs. The design is not GPS guided but will use a standard Air Force provided tail-kit assembly to hit in the CEP with reasonable accuracy.

The Air Force and National Nuclear Safety Administration are proud to note that this successful joint program will preserve a critical element of the US Nuclear Triad and demonstrates continued support for extended deterrence and assurance commitments.

The new generation of the B61 will reuse it remands tire existing components to the maximum extent possible, preserving existing production infrastructure.

lol

What the gently caress even is the point of having a complete triad now? To keep bomber pilots hopeful of doing something more than cargo duty?

Seriously, what delivery capabilities of a nuclear payload does a B-52 provide that an ICBM or SRBM off a sub not already provide? Not even touching on the ludicrousness of being in a nuclear weapons race with loving no one but ourselves.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Boon posted:

Detectability, for one. Redundancy, for two.

Whether or not you like it, MAD is real

I get that MAD exists, I just don't see why we need to even waste money on having bomber-delivered nuclear weapons. No one has the capability to stop an ICBM strike if we decided to end the world in fire, so what is even the point?

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Eh at least the B-52 can double as a heavy non-nuclear bomber.

I suppose, but even then, when's the last time we've needed to carpet bomb anybody? We haven't done that since Vietnam, have we?

I mean, I'm hoping we don't carpet bomb Raqqa or Palmyra, but I guess there is a slim chance we get a Republican president next year.

Edit: Sorry if this is getting too Cold War Techie/Off-topic, I just figured US Nuclear policy would fit though :shobon:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

fade5 posted:

There's also the the good old :bahgawd:"why are we sending money to them turrist Muslims" and also the callous line "by helping [Gaza/Syria/Afghanistan] rebuild you're helping [Hamas/Assad/Al Nusra/the Taliban] rebuild and get stronger". The Kurds are sort of an exception because they're "the good guys" to the west, but even so Kobani hasn't received all that much outside help to rebuild.

I can answer this one. The last time we've used the B-52 militarily was 2011 Libya:
http://www.wired.com/2011/07/two-bombers-24-hours-100-libyan-targets-destroyed-ready/
We probably didn't need to use the B-52 specifically, but it's not like the US is ever going to get in a war against an opponent who can actually shoot back.

Those are B-1s.
:goonsay:

But yeah, I get the idea behind it there, and it applies to B-52s as well. Thanks, that makes sense.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Meanwhile, from the weird young Republican voting base...

No no, republicans aren't militaristic authoritarians! Where would you ever get that idea!?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Mattavist posted:

gently caress him for thinking that a breakfast food is a dessert and gently caress any of you who agree with him.

Sugar + cake-like substance = dessert.

Pancakes, like muffins, are also desserts. :colbert:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Can the Feds be called in to help enforce laws when the State law enforcement openly defies the law? Considering the state outlawed this particular form of theft-by-cop any LEO continuing the practice is just a thief and in the case of taking cars couldn't you call for charges of grand theft just like in any other case of someone taking cars illegally?

You bet your rear end they can:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

icantfindaname posted:

There's still a year to the general, this will be out of the news cycle in a few weeks and if there are no more major attacks in that time things will be fine

Who the hell is this Ben Ghazi character?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

GlitchThief posted:

With the rise in Islamophobic anti-refugee sentiment being parroted by Republican politicians and voters, the part of the election cycle in which I fear the idea of a GOP President so badly that I would vote for literally anybody else has come early. I think I'm almost ready to embrace the inevitability of a Clinton nomination.

Seriously. There is no GOP candidate that I would ever vote for, even if Clinton was (or is) the alternative. I can't see how any sane American with a conscious could either, but hey, America V:smith:V

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Well maybe if those veterans weren't lazy bums they could bootstrap themselves out of a warzone and get some of that sweet sweet welfare titty :rolleye:

:cripes:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Joementum posted:

Note that 289 is one vote short of two thirds of the total vote count.

Pook Good Mook posted:

Doesn't matter, no way this is getting 66 votes in the Senate.

Still, gently caress this Congress to the ends of the Earth.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Captain_Maclaine posted:

But Einstein assured me that war would be fought with rocks and sticks!

Well, I mean, at least one side will be using rocks and sticks.

:ssh:Refugees will be that side:ssh:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Fried Chicken posted:

He won't be the nominee

But what do we do if he does end up being the nominee? (I mean, aside from laughing our asses off while Hillary strolls away with 400+ electoral votes.)

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Holy poo poo it's the "uncle that works at Nintendo" spotted in the wild

And he knows Donald Trump in person!!! :swoon:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Is there a single republican candidate that hasn't lost their mind? I'm used to them being lovely people, but I feel like this election is going even crazier than usual when it comes to this stuff.

That depends, does Former Virginia Governor Jim Gilmore still technically being a candidate despite having literally 0 supporters count as losing ones mind?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRWAQ255qhs

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

So now we know why Ted Cruz wanted to build a wall on the Canadian border.

I thought that was Scott Walker though?

I mean, both of them look like someone held a lighter to their faces and melted their faces, so I can understand the confusion.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

JT Jag posted:

Agnosticism is the morally correct position, imo

Maybe the big bang was caused by some greater being, maybe not, whatever, I keep an open mind about it

Maybe the cop pulled the trigger 17 times, maybe God did it for him.

I guess we'll just never know :angel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

If you didn't have the personal photo, how would you ever know this wasn't a legit Al Qaeda pic?

The lame rear end "tactical" shemagh on the dude on the left that you won't find in the Middle East and the pudgy bastard on the right with an Underarmor mask and the most American of pistols.

The spirit of Osama spits upon these kafirs.

• Locked thread