Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Luigi Thirty posted:

I think you'd need more proof than a strategically placed name on a possibly-fake list.

I dunno, given the emails and benghazis lately I think that's an adequate level of proof for a congressional investigative committee or twenty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Ash1138 posted:

"Cimbal, a loyal Republican, wants people to think about how to curb illegal immigration and protect Second Amendment gun ownership rights, but she’s mainly drawn to Trump because she thinks his plain talk can get things done. Her goal is to restore a time “when there wasn’t as much animosity toward each other, when everything wasn’t about race and people just got along.”"

I must have missed that day in history class where we learned about the era of racial harmony in America...

"I don't remember any animosity towards anyone back when those uppity negroes knew their place, why can't we go back to that?"

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Honestly Trump's too dangerous to be entertaining. He's constantly preaching xenophobia and hating "others" and I can see him riling up his supporters enough for them to assault someone who looks Mexican or Muslim.

What, again? Phone posting so I don't have the link but that was a thing like a week or two ago.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

MaxxBot posted:

As I stated before I don't even think he has a chance of winning, I don't care what happens to his campaign at this point. I'm just sick of the fact that it's impossible to even discuss his candidacy anywhere on these forums without you jumping in with smug, idiotic insults at every possible chance. It's pretty loving clear that rational discussion of the candidates is the last thing that you want.

Stop being Fishmech'd, stop responding to him and stop quoting him so people who have taken the intelligent route of putting him on ignore still have to read his crap.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
^^^Get your own drat avatar! :argh:

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Hearing random white people go crazy is one thing, but that old Al Jazeera report and the followup interviews on that gathering a few years back in Ohio was worse than anything else I have seen in the campaigns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRqcfqiXCX0

Welp, that's about all the terrifying videos I need to watch today. These people are loving broken.

bird food bathtub fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Nov 7, 2015

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

greatn posted:

The football team of Missouri is striking from all football related activities due to the canopy being racist as gently caress and administration doing nothing about it.

http://deadspin.com/missouri-footba...dium=socialflow

It's football in the south, it is going to rile some fuckers up.

Oh some jimmies are going to be rustled over this. Racism might actually be a thing that needs to be dealt with again if it starts getting in the way of people's high school football.

Which is to say I'm oh so curious how racist fuckers are going to try to have their cake and eat it too on this one.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

greatn posted:

Not high school football, college. Which is big business.

I don't know poo poo about football, so I stand corrected on the size of the jimmies that are going to be rustled.

If they stick to their guns this poo poo could be BIG.

(They're all going to lose their scholarships and be blacklisted aren't they? Braver men than I.)

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I'll go on record as saying I expect Trump to be the candidate. Not gonna risk :10bux: over it or anything as I do the starving college student thing, but I think he's got it in the bag at this point. That's a pretty god drat sad commentary on politics, but there you have it. The problem the Republican establishment has with Trump is that he's a carny barker that is really, really, really loving good at playing the media like a fiddle and he's using that as a springboard to give every low-information voter exactly what they want to hear.

At the end of the day he's a loudmouthed jackass presenting himself as an idiot's idiot. He is what a penniless hobo thinks a rich man should be and what someone who pays no attention to politics thinks a politician should be. Pure style, no substance and endless bullshit. If you can stomach it listen to his recent 90 minute rant. He doesn't come across as preparing anything at all, he just stands up there and says the insane poo poo people can't get away with saying in polite company. In the era of 24/7 news channels, social media blitzes and increasing pressures on day to day life just to not be economically hosed this no-thinking-required, perfect-for-sound-bites approach is exactly what works for people and it's getting him results.

bird food bathtub fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Nov 20, 2015

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

PhazonLink posted:

Could have used this info earlier. Already renewed back with United. gently caress how do I healthcare. Am I really suppose to compare 100 page PDFs for different companies?

The Glorious Free Market at work. Don't know as much about healthcare as the accountants that spend their entire professional lives figuring this stuff out? Don't understand it as much as the lawyers who spent years fine tuning every single last word of the agreement to screw you as hard as possible? Can't afford to hire your own accountants and lawyers?

Shoulda bootstrapped yourself into being born richer, better luck next time.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

baw posted:

The Obvious™ has been replaced by Common Sense™, which i think means making a snap judgement of a complex situation based on your preconceived biases and then never questioning it

Colbert was absolutely brilliant with his "Truthiness" comment. To me it is the single thing that best encapsulates his entire Colbert Report in one perfect, horrifyingly accurate phrase.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Rhesus Pieces posted:

They really don't think much of the intelligence of their own base, do they?

They're not wrong.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Kaal posted:

Hopefully your wife, and the offending professor in question here, learned the very important lesson to never put your neck out for your students' education. The days of professors being intelligent mentors who lead their students to greater awareness of the world with a series of provocative lessons that yield greater truths are completely dead and gone. Spoon-feed your students basic facts and comfortable perspectives that they already hold, and you will do well and they will be happy. They don't want to be challenged, that's not why they went to college. This is particularly true at the undergraduate-level, and in any liberal arts field, but it holds true at every level of academia.

How much of this is a part of the cultural change towards degrees? Being challenged and mentored in that way cannot be the point of a degree when it's being treated as a business investment with the expected return on investment of a better job at the end. It's not an education anymore it's a monetary formula; put in X, get out Y and Z.

Note that I'm not at all faulting people who view a degree this way. it's one of the very, very few possible methods of class mobility left in the country. I'm just positing an alternative to "lol stupid millennials".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Didn't you hear? Racism is dead, so obviously we need to argue about a hash tag more.

• Locked thread