Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

FrostyPox posted:

It also appears to include three copies of the board game.

Well then.

For $1200, they could have thrown in some armor/pads/helmets for your veterans at least. Land raider doors and maybe a rhino door kit.

You'd spend another $5-600 just to get them decked out in resin icons for your legion.

e: the box game is £95, and they want another £130 for armor and pads just for the infantry. Good luck to you if you wanted to get a non-CC arm for your contemptor, or bling for the terminators, chaplain or praetor.

Why is this feeling like such a not good deal?

koreban fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Nov 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
Bulbasaur, how does this look for an EC list? I tried to keep your 7 points in mind:

quote:

+++ EC test roster (2000pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (2000pts) ++
+ Legion +: Legion Astartes [III: Emperor's Children]

Legion Centurion (130pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Phoenix Spear, Sonic Shrieker]
····Consul, Independent Character, Legiones Astartes
····Consul [Legion Champion]
········Honor of the Legion
Phoenix Terminator Squad (530pts) [4x Phoenix Terminators, Sonic Shriekers]
····Implacable Advance, Legiones Astartes, Living Icon, Stubborn, Sudden Strike
····Land Raider Proteus [Armoured Ceramite, Extra Armour, Twin-linked Heavy Flamer]
········Machine Spirit

Lord Commander Eidolon (205pts) [Jump Pack]
····Independent Character, Legiones Astartes, Thunderous Charge, Warlord's Pride
····Master of the Legion [The Maru Skara]
········Master of the Legion
Palatine Blade Squad (245pts) [Jump packs, 4x Palatine Warrior, 4x Pheonix Spear, Sonic Shriekers]
····Chosen Warriors, Counter-attack, Duellist's Edge, Legiones Astartes
····Palatine Prefector [Pheonix Spear]

Legion Tactical Squad (210pts) [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade]
····Fury of the Legion, Legiones Astartes
····Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Phoenix Spear]

Legion Tactical Support Squad (135pts) [4x Legion Space Marines, Volkite Chargers]
····Deflagrate, Legiones Astartes, Support Squad
····Legion Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Bolter and Augury Scanner, Melta Bombs]

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought (190pts) [Extra Armour, Two Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons]
····Atomantic Shielding, Helical Targeting Array

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank (200pts) [Armoured Ceramite, Dozer Blade, Lascannons]
····Rapid Tracking

The Kakophani of the Emperor's Children (155pts) [4x Chora]
····Bio-psychic Shock, Legiones Astartes, Stubborn
····Orchestrator [Artificer Armour]

The Legion Champion goes with the Phoenix Terminator Squad, Eidolon goes in the Palatine Blade Squad. I would probably force-reserve the Palatine Blades Squad per The Maru Skara ROW rule. They'd come on and use jump packs to get into cover, then get the extra inches for an assault the following turn. Everything else is pretty standard. I think the Kakaphoni squad is fluffy and cool, but it can be changed out if it's a known bad unit.

BULBASAUR posted:

At 2000 points I'd make sure your TAC list has:

1) A way to deal with hordes
2) A way to deal with dozens of marines
3) A way to pop AV13 or less
4) A way to counter or tie-up deathstars
5) A way to pop AV15 super heavies
6) A mobile scoring unit or backfield capper
7) A unit or two with interceptor to counter deepstrikers or fliers

This looks like a tall order, but a number of legion units can fit into each category. Thudd Guns are great because they will seriously hurt hordes while giving you reliable AV13 glancing firepower. A mortis dread can sit in your midfield and interdict deepstrikers, shoot down fliers, glance armour, and deal with hordes. The more popular legion units are like this- they plug several holes while being priced competitively.

1) I feel like there's enough shooty-ness to deal with hordes, otherwise I can run the Phoenix Guards or Palatine Blade Squad into them and just eviscerate a blob with attacks.
2) The Palatine Blades and Phoenix Guard are pretty well suited for managing marines in CC. The Kakophani, Contemptor, Land Raider and Sicaran help in this regard with volume of fire benefits.
3) Contemptor-Mortis, LR Proteus and Sicaran with Las sponsons can do this. Most units have Melta bombs in them.
4) The Palatine Blade Squad and Phoenix Guard are made for tying up deathstars, and Eidolon is no slouch in this regard either.
5) Melta Bombs and Las are my best bet here. The Sicaran can glance out AV15 with sponsons. I was tempted to swap the Sicaran for a flier with Las that could double as cover for AA and AV management.
6) The Tac support squad could potentially do this. I probably need to look at a Legion Reconnaissance Squad for this role as well. I'd probably have to give up the Kakaphoni for that.
7) Contemptor-Mortis pulls this one off.

This being a first draft, I'm just trying to get a feel for what a list would look like and if I'm thinking about this the right way.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

BULBASAUR posted:

I'm ok with the Kheres Contemptor, but Mango has a good point that as a dedicated vehicle or anti air hunting the dodo does it better. If you're sticking with the contents of the box though, the Kheres will work fine.

Can you make the dodododo from a base Contemptor chassis, or are they based on a different platform? I wouldn't necessarily object to buying upgrade bits to make it into the better model. Plus I sort of like the idea of keeping the arms and then buying the EC legion-marked contemptor and making Ancient Rylanor.

quote:

I would give Sonic Shriekers to your tactical sergeant. That way you will basically win most mirror matches no questions asked. Kakophani are sadly a very mediocre unit against marines (they are decent against the other 3 armies though) but they are getting a buff in the next book so rule of cool can prevail here. I don't have my book handy, but aren't you missing your second troops choice? Support squads don't fulfill your mandatory requirements. If your ROW allows you to ditch tactical squads entirely then it's probably the right way to go. Take some veterans in a rhino instead and outflank them with the rest of your bros. Consider dropping the armored cremate as well. Until your meta has lots of melta I would ignore it as it's spendy and situational on a fast tank. It might make sense to keep it on the Proteus, but an extra 50 points can do other cool things.

Rule of cool being what it is, they're a unit that can't be built out of the box, so I have no problem dropping them for the points for now. I thought I had sonic shriekers on all of the characters that could take them, since challenges are sort of a thing that EC does.

I didn't realize that the Proteus didn't have an assault ramp, so thanks Lord Twisted for that tip.

The EC ROW doesn't let you ditch manditory tacticals that I can see, I was trying to absorb both books worth of info at once, and I forgot that Tacticals are the only unit that can be taken, so I'll update that.

I really love the look of the Sicaran, though I'm starting to think that it's points-sinky and may be limiting my options otherwise.

quote:

Your ROW is great so you are right on for taking advantage of it. That said, you need an anvil unit capping objectives in the midfield. You're also going to have a hard time dealing with armour as you have limited AT. I'd consider grabbing a seeker squad and either outflanking them in a rhino or putting them into your Proteus as your 'assassination squad' that shows up turn 2 and deletes some poor unit. Fluffy and cool.

The Phoenix Guard have Implacable Advance, which (if it's the same as on the Sons of Horus Justaerin Terminators rule) allow them to score on objectives. So they were going to be the stalwart midfield unit with Eidolon.

I'll check into Seeker Squads with a Rhino as an option.

quote:

Other than this you have 2 deathstars- one glass hammer and another that has no assault vehicle ride. I'd look at those two along with your tac support squad and see how you can move things around to give you. You have a number of shenanigans you can pull with outflanking assault fliers or veteran tactical squads.

:words: :words:

Thanks guys. First time I've had fun listbuilding for a GW game in a year!

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe
:circlefap:

Those are amazing.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

BULBASAUR posted:

...then you also need to figure out what to do with your two HQs and how they plan to get there.

quote:

+++ EC Take Two (2000pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (2000pts) ++
+ Legion +: Legion Astartes [III: Emperor's Children]

Legion Centurion (145pts) [Artificer Armour, Jump Pack, Melta Bombs, Phoenix Spear, Sonic Shrieker]
····Consul, Independent Character, Legiones Astartes
········Honor of the Legion
Palatine Blade Squad (245pts) [Jump packs, 4x Palatine Warrior, 4x Pheonix Spear, Sonic Shriekers]
····Chosen Warriors, Counter-attack, Duellist's Edge, Legiones Astartes

Legion Praetor (150pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Phoenix Spear, Sonic Shrieker]
····Independent Character, Legiones Astartes
····Master of the Legion [The Maru Skara]
········Master of the Legion
Phoenix Terminator Squad (530pts) [Land Raider Phobos, 4x Phoenix Terminators, Sonic Shriekers]
····Assault Vehicle, Implacable Advance, Legiones Astartes, Living Icon, Machine Spirit, Stubborn, Sudden Strike

Legion Tactical Squad (190pts) [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla]
····Fury of the Legion, Legiones Astartes
Apothecarion Detachment (60pts)
····Legion Apothecary [Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner]
········Legiones Astartes

Legion Tactical Squad (225pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla]
····Fury of the Legion, Legiones Astartes, Repair

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought (180pts) [Two Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons]
····Atomantic Shielding, Helical Targeting Array

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (275pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, Legion Veteran Sergeant, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, 2x Melta Gun, Outflank]
····Implacable Advance, Legiones Astartes, Outflank (Outflank), Repair, Veteran Tactics

Okay, how's this for a second take? I'm probably still weighing too heavily onto including both the Phoenix Terminators and the Palantine Blades, however with 2 tac squads and a tac vet squad with Praetor I was already at like 1100 points.

Upside is that this can be done fairly easily out of the Calth box.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe
Apparently there was a bad shipping fuckup in the Portland area from wherever GW's distribution was. My LGS didn't get their Calth boxes on Friday, then Fedex called saying they'd get it Saturday between 7am-12pm, so they had a guy working a 13 hour day show up at 7am to receive the delivery, only to no-show. Of course, no one's available on Sundays to do silly things like track packages or tell you where they lost your poo poo at.

The moral of this story is that I still don't have my Calth box and it was a less-then ideal weekend because of it.

(Still debating myself about which Legion to pick. Toughest part of this dumb game.)

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fearless posted:

If you're going World Eaters, definitely use the traitor rules. It allows you to use units like the Red Butchers, and their special legion Rite of War that gives them Hatred (Everything) if they are outside their deployment zone.

I had it "narrowed down" to Emperor's Children, Imperial Fists or Word Bearers (with demon allies, because demons).

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

panascope posted:

Please don't play good guys.

If I were to play EC, I'd give you no end of poo poo about how Fulgrim killed two primarchs and big baddy daddy Horus only managed to kill one.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe
Also Fulgrim is still alive and chilling out on a pleasure planet, while Horus is dead and his inept sidekick has yet to launch a successful campaign in 10,000 years, even with the most purestrain geneseed and personal tutelage from the "greatest warrior ever."

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

PierreTheMime posted:

To be fair, one of these characters is a boobsnake at this point.

Doesnt' matter, still gettin' laid.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

panascope posted:

Fulgrim's storyline has anal torture as a recurring event.

You didn't react so negatively the last time we played and I put you over the barrel.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe
Betrayal at Calth is finally in-hand, only 4 days late.

Oh god, now I have to chooooooooose!

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe
Could use a quick set of eyes on an Emperor's Children list I've been working on for the last couple of weeks. I'll be preparing to purchase some fine :ussr: resin products soon and I'd really like to not have to pick up more than is absolutely necessary to make my 1850 list work, with maybe 150-200 points in sideboard models in case of funky game types like Zone Mortalis, Apoc or Stronghold Assault. My gaming group is talking about doing more of the thematic and way less of the competitive style 30/40k gaming.

quote:

+++ Emp Children (1850pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (1850pts) ++

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [III: Emperor's Children]

+ HQ (180pts) +

Legion Praetor (180pts) [Artificer Armour, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Mastercraft a Single Weapon, Phoenix Spear, Sonic Shrieker]
··Master of the Legion [Pride of the Legion]

+ Troops (820pts) +

Legion Tactical Squad (240pts) [14x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla]
··Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Phoenix Spear]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (290pts) [Fearless, 8x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Melta Bombs, Melta Gun]
··Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier [Dozer Blade]
··Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Phoenix Spear]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (290pts) [Fearless, 8x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Melta Bombs, Melta Gun]

+ Elites (600pts) +

Apothecarion Detachment (180pts)
··Legion Apothecary [Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner]

Palatine Blade Squad (240pts) [4x Palatine Warrior, 4x Pheonix Spear, Sonic Shriekers]
··Palatine Prefector [Melta Bombs, Pheonix Spear]

+ Fast Attack (40pts) +

Tarantula Sentry Gun Battery (40pts) [Tarantula Sentry Gun, Twin-linked Lascannon]

+ Heavy Support (210pts) +

Legion Fire Raptor Gunship (210pts) [Reaper Autocannon battery]

Praetor goes with the Palatine Blades squad in their Rhino. 15 Footslogging tactical marines+apothecary for the core troops with 2 squads of 9 veterans+apothecary in a rhino with a meltagun to chase objectives. Mortis-Contemptor with 2x Kheres for lots of rending and a Fire Raptor for anti-flyer and a Las Tarantula for armor piercing and drawing some fire early on.

If this looks good, the pickup orders for me beyond the Calth box set, will be:

3x Mk1 legion rhinos
1x Palatine Blades squad
~10x Phoenix Spear weapon upgrades or proxies
~40 Emp Childrens' shoulderpad upgrades
~20 Emp Childrens' chestplate/helm upgrades
1x Legion Vexilla Upgrades
1x Fire Raptor Gunship
1x Tarantula Sentry Gun (TL Las)
1x Javelin Attack Speeder (swap-in unit)
4-5 man Legion Jetbike Sky Hunter Squadron (swap-in unit)
Nathaniel Garro (Praetor swap if I wanted to go for loyalists)

If there are any glaring holes in the list, let me know.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mango Polo posted:

Your Palatines really want a transport with an assault ramp, if you can.

I know, but a 250+ point land raider is just going to make that tough. I was trying to find a better alternative, even if I had to ally in something for a transport.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

quote:

+++ Emp Children (1835pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (1835pts) ++

+ Legion +

+ HQ (180pts) +

Legion Praetor (180pts) [Artificer Armour, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Mastercraft a Single Weapon, Phoenix Spear, Sonic Shrieker]
··Master of the Legion [Pride of the Legion]

+ Troops (790pts) +

Legion Tactical Squad (240pts) [14x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla]
··Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Phoenix Spear]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (275pts) [Fearless, 8x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Melta Bombs]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (275pts) [Fearless, 8x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Melta Bombs]

+ Elites (560pts) +

Apothecarion Detachment (180pts)

Palatine Blade Squad (200pts) [4x Palatine Warrior, 4x Pheonix Spear, Sonic Shriekers]
··Palatine Prefector [Melta Bombs, Pheonix Spear]

+ Heavy Support (305pts) +

Legion Caestus Assault Ram (305pts)

How's that then? Dropped fire raptor for Caestus, which can carry the palatine blade squad and praetor.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

BULBASAUR posted:

You should strongly consider the ECs ROW which will let you outflank the Caestus on whatever turn you want, basically guaranteeing a turn 3 charge and mitigating one of the biggest problems with flier transports. I think I wrote up an example of a list for you a few weeks ago.

I looked into it, having the ability to bring veteran squads as troops in rhinos with apothecaries was a strong motivator over having min squad of 10 tacticals that wouln't be able to attach an apothecary and come in by rhino.

e: for a legion that *wants* to get into melee, having the extra attack per marine is also a benefit over the legion RoW. I think there's a place for playing around with the legion RoW in a list, but having scoring, fearless veterans with an apothecary in a rhino is just too good to pass up.

koreban fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Dec 25, 2015

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

Germ posted:

Lost in the shuffle and never answered. Help!

"Units that cannot be deployed via deep strike, either by having access to the rule themselves or because they cannot be carried in a transport vehicle that has it (infantry in drop pods, for example) may not be chosen as part of the army" Page 15 Legion Astartes Crusade Army list book.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

Moose-Alini posted:

Just opened my calth box, and having never played 40k I'm looking for suggestions on which chapter I should go with. I think I wanna make them loyalists, and think I don't like Ultramarines, but that's as far as I know.

Also waiting on some magnets in the mail so gotta choose the paints I wanna buy!

Imperial Fists are going to be the most *iconic (aside from Ultramarines). They'll make great use of both power armor and terminator marines. They get fantastic rules for shooting and amazing characters for HQ units.

That said, they're a yellow colored army and painting yellow is a massive pain in the rear end.

If you want easymode with some fun and fluffy rules, but a Primarch that everyone knows for certain is deadder than dead, Iron Fists is a great legion with good rules and they're pretty baller in 40k if you wanted to play some babby's 30k games against good people who aren't going to powergame the poo poo out of it. They're also a black colored armor legion, so priming black with grey line highlights or a black base followed by grey line highlights and you're done.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

Moose-Alini posted:

But don't I have to use one of the 18 OG legions for 30k?

Not necessarily. You can play with generic legion rules, or play with a counts-as if you want your pretty space princesses in a different color.

Additionally, (especially with the Isstvan traitor legions) there are loyalist and traitor leaders, so it should be easy enough to choose to be, Sons of Horus, for example, and use Loken as your loyalist HQ, or Ancient Rylanor for Emperor's Children, Nathaniel Garro for Death Guard, etc.

Generic Praetor XLVI can also be a loyalist HQ with his ragtag cadre of marines on the run from their own Legion and trying to find loyalists to side with. It's basically how the dudes like the Red Corsairs, Lamentors, Executioners, etc. all came to be.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

BULBASAUR posted:

I have a bunch of weathering guides on my lovely blog, but it's all reposted in the painting thread. Go check it out.

You should havemake Hixson post painting guides for his thousand sons dudes as well.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hixson posted:

Once you get your EC going we should get the gang together and throw down

I'm down for this. I've got my order ready for my tiny resin spaceman parts.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe
I just dropped mad :10bux: for my EC stuff. I'll be putting together models and busting out the purple and pink paints in just a couple weeks.

Can't wait.

I'll be damned if I can't find Phoenix Spears for my sergeants though.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe
Did a test model for my emperors children colors. I've got some practice to get back in on, or an airbrush purchase to prioritize.

Can't make that drat white look smooth, even after 5 coats of milky thin paint.

Also, waiting on my windsor newtons to come in. Getting real tired of crappy synthetic brush tips bending.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

OhDearGodNo posted:

Did you base coat white? Base white, and use P3 white. My son plays EC and it works like a charm.

p3 Menoth Base and Game Color Dead White. I'll check out p3's white.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

moths posted:

I picked up an IMEX platformer kit to chop up and make basing easier. Going forward, instead of frontier world / Necromunda I'd like to base them urban / space hulk.

Before you get too deep into that, just take a peek at Champ Industries's bases. They have some industrial zone bases that are $0.30/each that might be easier for you in the long run.

The marine looks good though. Better than the one I did, which I'm just too drat ashamed to even post.

I was thinking of a single white shoulderpad, gold legion emblem on white field for my marines. I may decide to go with more of a stone grey and white highlight though.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

tallkidwithglasses posted:

:protarget: just do it. It's cool to see what people are working on and it's cool to have a bunch of different ideas in this thread. There's a bunch of really high quality stuff but it's totally great to see everyone's projects!

The white on the shoulderpad looks as bad as the white on the kneepad. This was after a black prime, xereus purple base, drakenhof nightshade wash, genestealer purple highlight. I dind't bother cleaning up or finishing the bolter. Proof of concept was enough at that point and the lovely chalky white frustrated me to no end.

To the right is a guardsman that I did up to reflect my character in a dark heresy RP game. Dual weilding hotshot las tank driver who's carrying the ministorum priest's blessed eviscerator while he plonks daemons with a venerated thunder hammer courtesy of the Grey Knights.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

Need some opinions on the shade of purple to use for my emperors children. I did up two models quickly, just for testing and proof of concept.

I'm tempted to go with the lighter shade because it shows off details better, but the darker one is such a rich color, it's hard to say no.

Opinions?

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

Recoome posted:

I like the lighter one, and its probably closer to what I'd use for Emperor's Children, but I'd use black where you have the white (much more like the Emperor's Children in 40k). The white looks nice with the darker purple, which is I think closer to how they look in the first HH book.

Can you go with something in the middle? The richness of the darker one is amazing

I should clarify, this will be for 30k Emperor's children. I've just got about 50 marines from press-fit sprues that GW sent my LGS for a painting demo day that I use for test models.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hencoe posted:

What should I tell my friend who does nothing but bitch about his death guard, how they are just a massive disappointment down to their Primarch.
Other than bitch less.

Tell him to get good.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe
Going way back to the early pages of the thread to say that Bulbasaur is (almost) always right. I'm re-tooling my list as I'm putting my models together and reading/learning more about the game. I wanted to necro this post and talk about some of the (slight) changes I'm considering:

The original list he posted:

quote:

Emperors Children, The Maru Skara
1860 points

HQ
-Praetor, 150pts
-Champion, 145pts

Troops
-Tactical Squad, AA, Spear, Melta Bomb, CCWs, Rhino, 215pts
-Tactical Squad, AA, Spear, Melta Bomb, CCWs, Rhino, 215pts

Elites
-Veteran Tactical Squad, Rhino, 9 dudes, AA, Spear, x4 power axes, melta bombs, 335pts
-Legion Seeker Squad, Rhino, AA, Spear, x10 combi melta/plasma, 395pts
-Contemptor Mortis, x2 Kheres, 180pts

Fast Attack
-Primaris Lightning Strike Fighter, tank hunters, x2 kraken penetrator missiles, phosphex bomb cluster 225pts

Here's how this list works. Your Champion rides with your veteran tactical squad. Turn 1 you start the game with two rhinos on the table along with the mortis dread. Turn 2 poo poo gets REAL. Your lightning strike fighter outflanks onto the table. That's right, that means it can't be intercepted. Fly it over some camping marines, murder them with phosphex, and then use your krakens to blow the hell out of an armored target. The goal is to pop a transport like a spartan and open the juicy contents. Then your seekers roll onto the table in their box. You marked their target (maybe even the squad inside the spartan) for death, and so this squad precedes to shoot x20 preferred enemy plasma shots into it. This will probably delete the unit outright. Then your veterans roll on with the soul intention to either melta bomb some vehicle into dust or to grab a midfield objective while carveing your way through most units in the backfield.

At 1860 you need to figure out what to do with your Praetor. I would suggest dropping a few seekers and mounting him up on a bike or giving him a jetpack. Then the bodyguard can be some outriders, platine blades, jetbikes, or a command squad. Or you could drop one of the Maru Skara units, make it a dreadclaw, and then put your praetor into it with 5 penix terminators.

I hope this demonstrates playing up the strengths of your legion and the crazy poo poo you can do even with what seem to be minor differences between the legions.

And the modified list I am thinking of building into:

quote:

+++ EC - Bulbasaur Memorial List (1850pts) +++

+ Legion +
····Rite of War: The Maru Skara

+ HQ (315pts) +

Legion Centurion (150pts) [Artificer Armour, Jump Pack, Phoenix Spear, Sonic Shrieker]

Legion Praetor (165pts) [Artificer Armour, Combi-Weapon, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Phoenix Spear, Sonic Shrieker]

+ Troops (440pts) +

Legion Tactical Squad (225pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox, Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade]

Legion Tactical Squad (215pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade]

+ Elites (495pts) +

Apothecarion Detachment (70pts)
····Legion Apothecary [Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner, Power Sword]

+ Fast Attack (600pts) +

Legion Seeker Squad (355pts) [7x Combi-weapon, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 7x Legion Seeker Space Marines]
····Legion Strike Leader [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Phoenix Spear]

Primaris-Lightning Strike Fighter (245pts) [Battle Servitor Control, Phosphex bomb cluster, Ramjet Diffraction Grid, 2x Two Kraken penetrator heavy missiles]

Okay, much like the original list, this one abuses the outflank rule to try to get the drop of my opponent. Turn 2 the seekers with Praetor and primaris-lightning come on, pop the cherry heavy, phosphex bomb the troops and dump 16 plasma shots on to unsuspecting victims. Then the Champion and Palatine Blades outflank in with 12" jetpack moves to try to get in some cover or LOS blocking terrain to maximize chances of getting into assault on turn 3. Derpy the dreadnaught covers any interceptor that needs to happen and mops up units that may not have been wiped out by the phosphex and/or seeker volleys.

koreban fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Feb 15, 2016

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe
Those things would make a fluffy Death Guard list look baller as gently caress.

I can't fathom how I'd make that work with EC. They're just too perfect as they are.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe
That rotor cannon looks amazing. I may have to come up with a reason to have a heavy weapon squad on hand to make use of those.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hencoe posted:

If you can even find autocannon preds, they are all lascannons.

If you cut the autocannon turret's muzzle tip at an angle like a lascannon, it's effectively a lascannon conversion.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe
I promised that I'd post pictures of my spacemans that I've been slowly working on. A lot of the delay came from trying to find suitable replacements for EC's Phoenix Spear legion weapon. Basically, you want it on everything that can take it, but the bits are only available on the Phoenix Guard Terminator kit.

My solution wound up being GK Warding Staves, the Wing bits from the Sanguinary Guard sprue (with blood drop cut off) and standard terminator Power Sword bits.

This is my generic Praetor, built out of the Centurion in the BaC set. I swapped the maul for the spear conversion, added an Iron Halo vis a vis the top of the Warding Staff with the skull cut out, and a combi bolter instead of the plasma Pistol.

Here's the squad with vox and vexila. I put the upgreyyd chestplates on the sergeant and vexila, the rest are basically BaC mkIV with EC heads/shoulderpads, extra weapon and bolt pistol bits attached for wysiwyg modeling.

Suuuuuper lovely cellphone pic of the space dudes with my 2 mkI rhinos that I've built so far. I'm working on my second tactical squad which will basically mirror the first. I'll probably edge the bases in different colors to differentiate. After that comes a Legion Champion with Jump Pack and Palatine Blades with jump packs. I need to source some single-engine jump packs first though.

e: Oh, and I have the derpy dreadnaught with 2 Kheres arms, but I don't have a good base for him yet, so he's still half-built.

koreban fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Feb 25, 2016

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

DJ Dizzy posted:

Do we know what FW are planning post book 7?

Gonna take through 2035 to get to Siege of Terra.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

CasualSalmon posted:

My first batch of tac marines from my BaC box. So much more to work on...got a new air brush...which is nice.

anywho..

Dem's purdy.

I like how crisp the white is. Really well done.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

DJ Dizzy posted:

Can I use the BA tactical box shoulderpads for my 30k mandollies? I like them more than the FW ones, but muh immersion.

If you're using the Mk.IV armor from the calth set, the difference will be the bezel around the edge of the pauldron. The Mk.IV pauldrons have a very thin bezel at the extreme edges, whereas the MK.VII armor has huge, thick bezels.

It's not a major difference, but those who know, will know.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe
ungh that rotor cannon :flashfap:

If I could justify any of that for EC, I'd pick some up in a heartbeat.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

muggins posted:

Squad of 10 sunkillers with lascannon is only 450 ptsish

If I want a heavy weapons squad for EC, I always have Kakophoni.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mango Polo posted:

The shameful secret is probably that the Lion thought it was his Terran recruits who'd betray him, but in reality it's his very own Calibanites who went all "spread some hot, sweet chaos all over my perfectly chiseled abs hmmhm yeah

wait what was the topic again

Fallen