Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Obfuscation posted:

Does it have any stretch goals

Paavon perse venyy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I only buy gravlax for christmas. A lot of it.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Paavo will always be the president of my heart.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Honestly though I'm pretty ok with Niinistö. With how little actual power the president has he's a great public speaker and works great as a foreign face of Finland. Could have much worse options. He's a bit bland but that's fine for the office he has.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Boring bullshit. No one is going to move over to them. I mean sure it was about the only opportunity they had, but it's not going to work.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Päivi Räsänen pitäisi kieltää.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

bloom posted:

hyvä tulla huutelee kymppitonnin kuukausipalkalla

Kymmpitonnilla en mene edes paskalle.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

bloom posted:

Bowstrings go bad in water you idiot. You fool.

Real mongols use gut strings. Are you even a real finn?

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Niinis-Khan at it again.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Protesting is for angry young people who still think anything matters. Hail Perkele.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I'm not going to crab this week. It's way too hot.

e: Wait were they kneeling? I thought they were just sitting down in front of it. Holy gently caress that's insanely stupid, even for those clowns.

Nurge fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Jul 16, 2018

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The image they have for the video at yle is magical:

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

This is art.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Nenonen posted:

So are the secret protocols public yet?

I didn't know the elders of zion were present.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS7Ka-VBgtQ

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Why can't we just ship the persut back to afghanistan instead? I mean it's the same amount of people overall. Everyone should be happy.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

brakeless posted:

5) viinaa ei saa ostaa kellon ympäri

6) ei saa nukkua känniä pois puistossa

7) kuseminen rajoitettu tiettyihin paikkoihin

On se vittu että festarilla ajattelee että laskee pään repulle ja nauttii hetken auringosta ja musiikista ni viis sekuntia menee ja järkkärit tulee tökkimään että joko on sammuttu. Haistakaa paska.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Kekkonen, Kekkonen, Kekkonen

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

throw to first drat IT posted:

It's nice that viranomaiset are willing to put some effort into modernizing old classics.

Eh. The whole premise for doing that is a bit weird, but you have to be pretty humorless to get all bent out of shape over it. Then again I'm old, white and probably a crap person so what do I know.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Not only that, he tied the vote of confidence to his worker's right bill, where small companies can fire people indiscriminately. By hiding behind the parliament, they are giving the bill the aura of representative democracy - our elected best vote for our behalf.

It's a clever move, but it has the danger of being too clever for its own good. That being said, when did majority government coalitions voted against themselves in a vote of confidence? It's a sure slam dunk.

SDP is going to just get stronger as time goes on towards the elections, so it's pretty much a win for the government no matter what happens. It's a good move, if a bit scummy.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I've been voting straight LA all my life, but we're finally at a point I'm so loving disgusted with the government I'm thinking of hopping on the vässykkä-SDP train just to keep the idiots out. Sad days.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Cerebral Bore posted:

Seems pretty counterproductive.

Lesser of two evils? I don't know. It just feels like it's the only way to at least change the direction a little.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Sulphagnist posted:

Her defence seems to be "no, you're the real racists for thinking these slides are racist!" which, jeez, really?

She's shown an incredible lack of self-awareness in both preparing that presentation, showing it to people, and then trying to defend it in public. She's more like the Old Person type racist, not the Guy with Premature Baldness and a Blog type racist, so I don't think she's orchestrating something nefarious at the Helsinki Police Department outside of automatically checking the papers of Suspiciously Brown People at staissi.

I mean just look at it, I can't take a person making spelling mistakes and using clipart on her Big Important Powerpoint seriously.

Like the thing is it's supposed to be a humorous comparison from the old days to the new, and it's a bit insensitive, who gives a poo poo. No one should care even the slightest loving bit about some presentation by some no one at some conference. The offended people brigade is just locking on easy targets, and it's just embarassing as gently caress to see this poo poo in news when there are actual serious issues shaking the underpinnings of our society happening.

Sulphagnist posted:

This feels like the sort of thing that only pundits and journalists actually give a poo poo about. It's a government bill, the Parliament will vote on it at some point anyway if it's not withdrawn.

Also do I really need to point out why that is important? Pundits and journalists, really? It's a loving political maneuver that forces the parliament and the worker's unions against eachother unless they topple the government. It's a real loving shitstorm of a situation and people definitely should care.

Nurge fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Oct 11, 2018

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Nenonen posted:

It's just mere posing, Sipilä wouldn't be doing this if he didn't believe that the ranks held (and if they did for Soini then they will for something that this government truly believes in). I don't think he's thought of the alternative because it would be utter chaos not brought by the opposition or even unions but the government coalition alone. Just consider the last time we had a premature election? 1975, and only because Kekkonen smashed the parliament

I agree that it's a near certainty the ranks hold, but even if they didn't it would still be a better result for the current government than the eventual election loss that is coming regardless.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Nenonen posted:

edit: anyway, I think you're predicting way too much from future. There are limits to how far the SDP can rise, and to how low CP can fall.

Probably, but I don't think it's going to get any better for them that it is now.

Jesus gently caress https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-10452678

Ammatillinen koulutus is in a sorry loving state. Guillotines all around! :toot:

I don't really have a big fondness for SDP but I think I'll take them at this point.

Nurge fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Oct 11, 2018

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Eikö me ny saatas jotenki junailtua niin että Paavo ois pääministeri ja pressa samaan aikaan. Ja kaikki eduskuntapaikat olis Paavo kans?

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Sulphagnist posted:

Down from 12.9 to 12.0 in HS's new poll. There's probably a floor but Green voters are always pretty fickle so I can't say if it's 10 percent or 8 percent. As long as they bleed into LA and SDP it's not a huge problem, but if those people just become sleepers instead, that's not great.

The problem is that the whole narrative is now about Aalto's absence and how the Greens keep tanking in the polls, which leads to more tanking in the polls. They need to do something dramatic and quickly to change the story, but they can't and won't oust Aalto on their own.

Touko Aalto retire bitch

They can always start pitching a shitfit about that news that Finland is interested in those new small nuclear reactors. Guaranteed to drive people who get all their information from iltalehti insane. The Green garbage stance on nuclear power is why I haven't voted for them since '99, even though it would otherwise be a pretty decent option sometimes.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Nenonen posted:

If it turns out that this was all just a ruse to pave way for Ville Niinistö to return to the steers then color me impressed.

Soininvaara takasin puikkoihin!

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Forktoss posted:

quote:

Linkola takasin puikkoihin!

:hmmyes:

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

El Perkele posted:

The current Green poliittinen tavoiteohjelma from this spring has precisely this on nuclear power:

"Ilmastonmuutoksen torjumiseksi Vihreät suhtautuu avoimesti kaikkeen vähäpäästöisen ja ympäristöystävällisen teknologian tutkimukseen ja kehittämiseen. Viimeisimmät Suomessa tehdyt ydinvoimahankkeet ovat olleet hitaita ja ongelmallisia. Sellaisia emme halua lisää."

and here's their parties official tavoiteohjelma in 2012 on nuclear:
" Kannatamme ydinvoimasta luopumista niin pian kuin mahdollista. Ydinvoimasta luopuminen ei kuitenkaan saa lisätä hiilidioksidipäästöjä."

this leads me to wonder: just what political party you support? I mean, if this is garbage stance, you probably should vote for "more nuclear projects but instead of what happens in reality let's hope for silver bullet solutions " or maybe alternatively "more nuclear projects, precisely like OL3 and Fennovoima because they are somehow cool"

but do carry on, my "Green Concern Troll" bingo chart is filling up fast

LA is my go to party. Their official stance on nuclear power is not that different from the greenie weenies, but there's a fairly significant pro-nuclear group in there and they're allowed to vote whatever they want in parliament. That's a ton better in my books. YMMV.

I wasn't concern trolling. I simply stated that I voted for them when I was young, and I no longer do, and why that is. They're still one of the better options out there, just not the one for me.

Nurge fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 17, 2018

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

HerraS posted:

here's an easy question: do you defend louhimiäs in any way? if yes congratulations youre a piece of poo poo

I don't actually know enough of what he is accused of to be sure, but I doubt he's worse than Turkka, and I'd defend Turkka. :shrug:

Then again he isn't Turkka, and I can't recall seeing anything impressive out of that dude, so gently caress him anyway I guess.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

HerraS posted:

got ousted as a sex pest who abuses women actors, did a lovely non-apology

the reporter who broke the story asked the bbc (whom louhimiäs was supposed to direct a series for or some poo poo) if they knew he was a sex pest and the bbc then shitcanned louhimiäs

now louhimiäs and a disgustingly large part of the media are trying to make the reporter the villain for revealing that hes a sex pest to the bbc rather than, you know, louhimiäs for being a sex pest in the first place

Ok well gently caress that guy double then. I thought he was just a super lovely guy to work with like Turkka. If he actually did inappropriate sexual stuff he needs to get hosed forever.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Kemper Boyd posted:

I'm entirely fine with the idea that Louhimies will never make a film again ... he makes bad movies.

Pretty much this. I can't be assed to look into it since even the people in this thread can't agree with what he did. He's clearly a huge dick though, and his movies aren't good enough to justify it.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The more meat I eat the faster I die lowering my carbon footprint to 0. Checkmate viherpipertäjät.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
That article is some hilarious bullshit. No one outside academia is ever going to give the slightest care about some small trade benefits 150 years before we were even able to take a poo poo without Sweden or Russia saying so. Most people don't even care about the Sami and we've actually actively hosed them over in very recent history, and in some cases still continue doing so. Some incredible-rear end reaching there. I'm glad I stopped ordering hesari.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Jerry Cotton posted:

I'll care about the Sami when they stop voting Kepu. (A party that is largely complicit in loving them over :newlol:)

I understand the sentiment, but misleading people is easy. Blaming them for voting for assholes isn't really productive. In my view anyway.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Nenonen posted:

Current law:

Työntekijästä johtuvana tai hänen henkilöönsä liittyvänä asiallisena ja painavana irtisanomisperusteena voidaan pitää työsopimuksesta tai laista johtuvien, työsuhteeseen olennaisesti vaikuttavien velvoitteiden vakavaa rikkomista tai laiminlyöntiä sekä sellaisten työntekijän henkilöön liittyvien työntekoedellytysten olennaista muuttumista, joiden vuoksi työntekijä ei enää kykene selviytymään työtehtävistään. Syyn asiallisuutta ja painavuutta arvioitaessa on otettava huomioon työnantajan ja työntekijän olosuhteet kokonaisuudessaan.

This latest bill proposal:

Työntekijästä johtuvana tai hänen henkilöönsä liittyvänä asiallisena ja painavana irtisanomisperusteena voidaan pitää työsopimuksesta tai laista johtuvien, työsuhteeseen olennaisesti vaikuttavien velvoitteiden vakavaa rikkomista tai laiminlyöntiä sekä sellaisten työntekijän henkilöön liittyvien työntekoedellytysten olennaista muuttumista, joiden vuoksi työntekijä ei enää kykene selviytymään työtehtävistään. Syyn asiallisuutta ja painavuutta arvioitaessa on kokonaisarvioinnissa otettava huomioon työnantajan palveluksessa olevien työntekijöiden lukumäärä sekä työnantajan ja työntekijän olosuhteet kokonaisuudessaan.

What does it mean in practise? How should courts evaluate this? :iiam:

The thing is the paragraph as a whole is completely distanced from the last sentence. The new wording should mean absolutely nothing at all in my opinion. The entirety of the preceding sentences are things only in reference to the employee and his/her ability to do their job. The last sentence adds a thing about the number of employees which does not in any way mean anything in the same context. I'm not a lawyer though.

In essence though "This person is not able to/will not do their job as necessary because XXX."

"Oh yeah also because we have Y employees that changes things somehow."

It makes absolutely no sense in any context.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Jerry Cotton posted:

I didn't read the piece so were any non-bougie-gently caress Finns responsible for slavery or just the bougie fucks?

The non-bougie fucks at the time were essentially slaves themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Jerry Cotton posted:

I think you are using hyperbole :thunk:

Yeah it isn't really comparable, but people who weren't a part of the elite probably had almost no idea what went on even nearby outside of finlandtheir village and/or the nearest town, and definitely weren't making business decisions about overseas trade.

e: Then again the time period in the article in the mid 1700s was a time when Finland was splintered into sections controlled by Russia and Sweden. In the Russian section of the lands the role and rights of the peasants degraded into something almost like slavery (forced to farm for the landowner, the landowner could punish them without interference from the law, etc.). I'm assuming the factory mentioned was in the Swedish part of Finland though.

Nurge fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Oct 26, 2018