Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

General Ironicus posted:

I feel bad for Max's romantic prospects. She's going to have to compete with a lot of older women for that skater love: http://nymag.com/thecut/2015/11/enduring-appeal-of-a-skater-boi.html

quote:

It seems that when skaters are not grinding and sliding on their decks, they are grinding and sliding with their dicks.
checks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

Dunk on that nerd as much as you possibly can.

Nerds exist to be dunked on. It's the way high school works.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

General Ironicus posted:

A majority of people saw that bird strike the window and did nothing to save it. Fuckers.

It's also possible they just never went in there and saw it, which will default to BIRD DEAD because you never intervened.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Junkozeyne posted:

On the one hand the game does stuff like this and it's obvious they researched stuff about photography and then Max shakes her instant film and my immersion is crushed :colbert:
Everyone does that. Yeah it's true that it doesn't actually do anything but we still do it.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Fire Walk With Me is the name of the Twin Peaks movie. I haven't seen it yet after I watched Twin Peaks but I hear it's freaky.

Twin Peaks is coming back in a couple years, FYI.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, while teens people can be lovely and petty about dumb poo poo, this is definitely a situation where Max could have stood up for herself and not taken poo poo about taking a 30 second phone call.

But Max is clearly a girl that has doubts about most of the decisions she makes in general and that doesn't really jibe with standing by a decision when pressed about it.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

GlyphGryph posted:

Also, I'm disappointed that we didn't blow up the car (the explosion is fun!), and we only had Chloe shoot herself once.

http://thegouldenway.deviantart.com/art/LIFE-IS-STRANGE-One-More-Round-547036943

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Now it's tied!! :twisted:

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Air is lava! posted:

Who the hell chills out on operative train tracks? And why? That's such a dumb way to die.

Spoiler for those who haven't seen the video yet.

teens.... doing stupid things??????

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
How does the ending change if Kate jumps?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I feel bad for David's situation because he's obviously hosed up from war but I also don't have any sympathy because doing surveillance on teenage girls is hosed up.

Also I had an ex-military rear end in a top hat step dad with that same loving mustache that my mom later divorced so gently caress those guys and their lovely facial hair and hosed up concept of respect.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Hitting another person in anger once is too many times.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

That Italian Guy posted:

Up until this episode I thought the idea was not to mention it directly, but to "homage" it indirectly (IE: the icon for savestates)...now I'm starting to think differently. I mean, as Dimebags Brain has mentioned, these are the exact effects of the "have a character not die" choice from the movie (become popular while your best friend becomes disabled).

Still I can't wait to see more!

Also, I'm a sucker for Time Travel Shenanigans, so I'd like to recommend something that's outside the normal list for the category: S6 E14 of the X-Files, titled "Monday" and written by Vince Gilligan https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monday_(The_X-Files)

It looks like the usual "Groundhog Day" plot, but it comes with a twist that I've really appreciated: when presented with the same event, the characters respond slightly differently to it, as a human being probably would. Apparently minor differences sums up and lead to different outcomes, even if the starting point is the same every day.

Stargate SG-1 has a really good time loop day episode too.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
With a letter like that a lawsuit would probably have been a slam dunk but the Prices don't have the financial means to go down that route and the school knows it.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Air is lava! posted:

Poor David, he looks so depressed and defeated.

Good.

No sympathy for rear end in a top hat stepdads. :colbert:

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

FeralWraith posted:

People are weird.

yeah........ weird.....

*quietly bookmarks site to download later*

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
No one is mentioning that Max isn't oblivious about Warren's maxcrush!!!!!! She knows!!!!

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Or is it Sputnik posted:

Well I'm a dummy. The worn down keys went entirely over my head. Fun fact: every note, newspaper or file you view is "saved" in a "location" in your journal. There's Blackwell girls dorm, the Price home, Junkyard and more. Even without the episode 4 puzzle where you crossreference Franks book and David's surveillance, there are a loving poo poo ton of files in the Price home! I scrolled for ages to find that lovely keypad code!

The barn and the amount of binders raises interesting questions: how long has this been going on for? Surely the police, bought or not, would be forced to act if, oh, several dozen young women went missing from a tiny town within a few years time? If it's been going on for longer, does it run in the family? Nathan is only 16, so unless he's been drugging and killing girls since he was a preteen there's got to be an accomplice.

Well Kate didn't get killed so it's possible that the women usually don't die?

That many binders, and the messages from Nathan's dad... I gotta think that the Prescott legacy is extremely dark.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Max's powers not working when she's fatigued from overusing them was already a thing, her not being able to use them when she's passing out due to powerful tranquilizer doesn't seem unreasonable.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Albu-quirky Guy posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that's how she gets the flashback at the beginning - she'll probably eventually leap into the selfie she took in class that first day.

Whatever happened to the polaroid she managed to tear in half somehow and left in the girl's bathroom way back at the beginning? Didn't Nathan pick that up and that was how he knew to go after her?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Oh the Dark Room. like where you develop photos. :doh:

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Max herself said she was loving up alternate realities. I think she's just trying to leave the best reality she can behind, before she jumps away from it.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I kinda felt like the stealth section was hard by design to force you to have to rewind a bunch during it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

brylcreem posted:

I just realized; Max was planning to submit a selfie to a photo contest titled "Everyday Heroes".

Conceited, much?

Remember the picture tho, while she was framed in the picture, she wasn't in focus, all the pictures of other people were. It was a picture that featured her but was not explicitly about her.

Much like this game. :v:

• Locked thread