Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Yeah, Reagan really hosed the Contras up after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Buzkashi posted:

That one friend who has to make every political thing a team sport

God drat, these should be in the dictionary next to "moving the goal posts".

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
He's probably praying for luck in a dice game he's having down there.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
"This is the best poo poo, man. They dilute in three hundred gallons of water before they put it on the street. Primo poo poo."

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The person I feel worst for in the Minecraft saga is the dude who made Infiniminer.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

cash crab posted:

Once again, foiled by my insistence on keeping all my drugs in pill form. Speaking of which:

Another addition from a guy I added on Facebook after I met him at my friend's party and assumed he was friends with my friend. He was not. He posts/shares some stuff that is questionable, this one from "Choice and Truth".

Googling 'depression mushrooms cure' immediately brings up a bunch of news articles from legitimate sites talking about how scientists are studying psilocybin as a possible aid for people who don't respond to SSRI's. So I don't know, crazy hippie person. Maybe medicine doesn't want to just start flinging psychedelics at people who already have unstable mental states without sufficient research and testing.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Madkal posted:

Some people's arguments boiled down to "I don't want to tell my kids that people are different and not everyone is the same. That's too hard on parents". How did this idiots ever decide to become parents in the first place?

Not using birth control or deciding they wanted kids with all the same thought they put into adopting a dog.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
"You know what would stop a shooting in a crowded, noisy, dark nightclub? MORE GUNS!"

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I love animals but I also believe in the food chain AND ALL YA'LL MOTHERFUCKERS LOST AT EVOLUTION BITCHES *does a sick kickflip before slitting a cow's throat and bathing in its blood*

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I'm mostly just looking forward to more h.bomberguy videos making fun of the usual suspects throwing temper tantrums over the movie.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

sinking belle posted:

That "let's send this person to a place with sharia law with no bodyguards" thing... I live in a country with sharia courts and hudud in some places but that entire judicial system is only applicable if you're Muslim so it isn't even a thing that exists to me.

How do the people who find sharia scary reconcile that with their fear of Islam in general? Like, aside from cases like Saudi where it's incorporated into the country's secular legal system – which is an issue of separation of church and state, and not Islam – the entire point is that it isn't concerned with people outside of the faith, and for some reason I get the feeling they aren't super concerned with the welfare/freedom of Muslims. Like, where's all the corresponding outrage about Jewish courts of arbitration operating in the west?

I know the answer is bigotry and eco_urfascism.txt

They know absolutely nothing about Islam. Which is why myths like the 72 virgins or pork being Muslim kryptonite also get perpetuated.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Kajeesus posted:

Every societal issue should be solved with draconian government action that is targeted as broadly as possible, while also being guaranteed to never inconvenience me personally. Only then will we be safe.

Vote Republican, party of small government.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

If I could vote for Hillary twice, I would.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
He's supposed to declare martial law and suspend all elections forever. Any second now.

Annnnnnny second now.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
It's weird that a self-proclaimed white-nationalist-not-white-supremacist would pick Israel of all countries as a country we shouldn't support.

Hmmm.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Stoatbringer posted:

Don't read Buzzfeed comments either.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/michelleregna/omg-chris
Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence play silly game called Playground Insults. He makes a joke about her having a dick and Buzzfeed goes into a total meltdown about "transmisogyny".

"Its such a shame to meet somebody you thought you'd like" is an incredibly classy insult.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Don't worry guys, American politics hasn't been taken over by literal, no-foolin' Nazis or anything. They don't want to exterminate undesirables, they're just talking about what a huge problem all these Jews and gays and blacks are and man, if only someone could come up with a solution???

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Cumslut1895 posted:

I wonder how the folks over at D&D are justifying this and making the disables guy an evil racist

Nobody is, but I'm guessing from your redtext you got run out of D&D for being a loving idiot.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Also white people in dreads look awful.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Gaunab posted:

What is happening to the world?

The Nazis didn't lose, they just took a break for a bit.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Alaois posted:

have literally none of you heard of the band Florence + the Machine

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Zipperelli. posted:

Posted in the BPO Facebook group, but figured you all would enjoy it too...

gently caress first responders who use this job to get hero worshipped. 80% of EMS is being a glorified taxi, motherfucker if you had actually ~*saved someone's life*~ you'd never stop posting about it.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Croatoan posted:

stdh.txt too

*rushes up to a lynching, grabs the black man's legs and begins shouting* YOU KNOW THE IRISH ARE BEING PERSECUTED TOO

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Am kind of concerned that the milk contains antibiotics and bacteria. Is milk breeding the civilization-ending superbug?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Zipperelli. posted:

:lol:

Sooooo the Union was supposed to just sit back and let the inbred rednecks from the Confederacy just shell Fort Sumter to poo poo and let it happen? Get hosed.

Edit: How would Lincoln be "personally responsible" for deaths that occurred in a war started by the Confederacy?

friend i'd like to talk to you about states' rights

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The funeral home industry exists to scam the gently caress out of grieving families, don't give them some kind of noble societal purpose Mr. .JPG.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Bogan King posted:

Not really sure which thread this belongs in but it needs sharing

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/855170168455962624

The best thing about the Alex Jones' Custody Circus is that its officially confirmed that his public persona isn't an act or a thing he keeps doing for money. He is genuinely, utterly, completely loving insane.

The worst thing about the Alex Jones' Custody Circus is that his kids are having to watch this all play out in front of them and I'm sure Jones' cultists will harass them and his ex-wife. :smith:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

It doesn't quite openly ask you for your political stances, but knowing America that's probably not illegal anyway.

IANAL, but political affiliation is not a protected class in the US so yeah, your boss can fire you for being a filthy liberal. That said, an employer who's that blatant about firing an employee for non-work related reasons can still probably get their rear end chewed up by a decent lawyer.

Thank God at-will employment is a thing so your employer can just say "Hey, you know that write up you got six months ago? Yeah, we're firing you for that see ya".

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Well, actually, the eye of the needle was REALLY a very narrow gate into Jerusalem and furthermore Jesus felt an appropriate effective tax rate was

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

That show actually came out? I only hear about it occasionally on Facebook and how it's causing a mass canceling of Netflix accounts.

Its good as heck, everyone should watch. And not just because it makes white people mad.

Tiggum posted:

I know Chris, Mack is Chris's friend. I'm Claire, and I don't know anyone else involved or any context. Gerry's Facebook shows him as in a relationship with Mack.

Keep us updated cause I feel like some gooooood poo poo is about to go down.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Funny you say that. I thought he was some old man too, he's like late forties or early fifties.

A poo poo ton of people receive no training on how to actually write.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

How exactly do you get well-done steak "right"

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

tayzonday noooooooo

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Catberry posted:

This guy should read up on the peoples crusade.

Also by the time the Crusades started Islam had already spread across like half the Mediterranean. Europe didn't go Crusading to keep the ERE from getting conquered by the Turks either.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Yeah my bad.

Still, Europe didn't do poo poo when the Ottomans were actively kicking the poo poo out of the Empire three hundred years later, even when Emperors were begging for help.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I too frequently die while trying to fight Jason at the car! It's like "hey Jason is stunned and I'm Deborah! Let's battery this fucker." :murder:

The best thing though is the boat if it spawns. Jasons almost never check it. It's hilarious how often one or two people boat the hell out then ten minutes later Jason is like "wait what how did they escape?

Conversely, if Jason notices the boat moving and can Morph to it, everyone on that boat is loving dead.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Palpek posted:

I'm sorry, America. It's a bummer. In reality, you're as dumb as they come. But we're gonna go on even more adventures after that, America. And you're gonna keep your mouth shut about 'em, America. Because the world is full of idiots that don't understand what's important. And they'll tear us apart, America. But if you stick with me, I'm gonna accomplish great things, America. And you're gonna be a part of 'em. And together we're gonna run around, America, we're gonna do all kinds of wonderful things, America. Just you and me, America. The outside world is our enemy, America. We're the only [belch] friends we've got, Ameica. It's just Trump and America. Trrrump and America and their adventures, America. Trump and America, forever and forever, a hundred years Trump and America,s... things. Trump and America runnin' around and Trump and America time. Aaall day long forever. All, a hundred days Trump and America forever a hundred times. Over and over Trump and Ameica adventures dot com W W W dot Trump and America dot com W W W Trump and America adventures all hundred years. Every minute Trump and America dot com W W W hundred times Trump and America dot com.

Welcome to the darkest four years of our adventures yet.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Desperado Bones posted:

defend what...what?
I thought SA was webpage with a dying gay forum with awkward and offending jokes.

There was a time when SA was relevant. In that time it spawned such wonders as swap.avi, helped inspire the creation of 4chan and Reddit, and birthed Slender man who would later be involved in the attempted murder of a small child.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Aramek posted:

I only watched the first couple movies way back when they came out, but, wasn't Hufflepuff the most normal of the houses? Thus making them the best.

Pretty much. I can't even remember a character in the books from Hufflepuff. They were the House of People Who Showed Up I Guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
"Don't wanna talk, eh? We'll see how that changes when we bring out the latkes!"