Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I'm not surprised that shitheads are crawling out of the woodwork to give their dumbass opinions, things like this bring out both the best and worst in people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Aesop Poprock posted:

I sit like that on public transportation if it's pretty open cause its comfortable I mean what weirdo sits next to a stranger on a bus or on the subway if there are seats not next to them? But you are kind of a fucker if you're doing that in any sort of crowded area.

Also I already made fun of mr. True once in this thread I wouldn't push it

[timg]http://images2.villagevoice.com/imager/u/original/6634897/theoutburstsofeveretttrue.jpg[[/timg]

He's basically the 1900s-1930s comic version of Reddit/imgur/goon STDH stories

I'd like the phrase "Why in Thunder" to come back, its a really funny line.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Puppy Time posted:

Yeah that was pretty restrained after being called "sweet pea" so condescendingly.

That would probably earn you a small beating if said in real life, to the person's face, unless you were a literal Saint or had incredible self restraint.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

paradoxGentleman posted:

Wow, you know a real life "lizard people are controlling thhe world" conspiracy theorist. I thought those exusted only in jokes.

The funny thing is people thinking Old Queenie has any powers and isn't just an aging figurehead who gets rolled out to read speeches the Government wrote for her and wave to the public like a puppet.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Elderbean posted:

I know people who unironically believe the world should be like Judge Dredd.

What many people don't realize is that the Judges have near absolute authority and can, and will bust you for the slightest whiff of a crime, and even an old hardliner like Dredd thinks the system needs changing in recent years.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Perestroika posted:

Didn't Dredd in particular become a major proponent of mutant rights in the setting, working to help them (re-)gain citizenship and entry to the city? Sure, at the time it was probably mostly an allegory for slavery, but right now you could absolutely read it as being about the anti-immigrant/muslim hysteria as well. Tell them the real Dredd would probably try to tear down the walls rather than build them and watch the carnage. :laugh:

Well, to cut a long story short, Dredd has a vested interest in mutant rights because his own family are mutants, he's a clone of Eustace Fargo and he had a brother called Ephram and his decedents are still alive but are mutated due to living out in the Radiation Zones outside Mega City 1.

This storyline got Dredd in a lot of poo poo from both Judges and civilians alike, the storyline in general was due to the large anti immigration sentiment in England both then and now.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

paradoxGentleman posted:

Out of curiosity: is it because of their overblown reactions or is it because it really is showing an unnecessary amount of skin?
They are both perfectly valid positions, I'm just curious.

Mika isn't showing anymore skin than Cammie but, she never slapped her rear end in combat either, I suspect Capcom doesn't want to be tarred with the same brush as Dead or Alive, which has done this kind of thing for years.

Comedy Option: M Bison should slap his rear end in combat, at the player.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Takoluka posted:

I love Shantae, but not nearly as much as Twilight Apple.

e: holy poo poo ahahaha that person's twitter is amazing, and i think they're either 12 or 27

Shantae is a cool game series but its also really obscure compared to Bayonetta.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Eponine posted:

But she did the same thing awhile back with Dumbledore. Uh, yeah! He's gay. The only people who care about it are adults, when the story was written for children. It makes her look progressive 20 years after she wrote the book.

If I remember right, she did this because the film makers were going to have a subplot about Dumbledore's past relationship with a woman, and Rowling mentioned he was gay in the script notes.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Byzantine posted:

What's with all the nerds sucking Tesla's dick recently?

I wondered why people keep hanging around my place.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Klaus88 posted:

:crossarms:

I'm guessing that word has a much different meaning in a European context.

You are correct, it's another word for puffy.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

The main people outside the police/military who have guns in England are farmers or private collectors, as well as organized crime gangs but that goes without saying

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Maker Of Shoes posted:

YEAH, WIFE. Y R U NOT DOING THIS FOR ME?!

That picture is disgusting, it's got Claptrap in it, he's the Jar Jar Binks of Gaming.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

EL BROMANCE posted:

* actually I do. The Daily Mail.

This is pretty much the reason why it's such a BIG DEAL, meanwhile I just shrugged and continued to use my backpack for shopping.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

DemeaninDemon posted:

5k on a hat simulator? Holy poo poo.

The cash shop's mostly cosmetic right?

There's a reason why Valve haven't made a new game for years, TF2 is a mighty cash cow.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

The Saddest Rhino posted:

"by the power of greyskull you will regret this" is p lol

Skeletor better watch out.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Gridlocked posted:

drat why are so many people paranoid that drug companies are out to vacuum all their money away by selling them dodgy treatments; or worse to infect them with evil diseases so they can then sell them back the dodgy treatments.

They probably believe drug companies are up to evil super science for profit like the Umbrella Corporation from Resident Evil.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Radio Paranoia posted:

Not idiots but more of a "welcome to the internet" moment.

A major local radio station runs a story about a guy and his waifu.

Poor Krillin can never catch a break.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Kajeesus posted:

man is that an actual modern hunting bow

Why does it look like a toy for 12 year olds?

All these people talking about Pokemon as if its some hot new craze is making me feel really old. :saddowns:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

TinTower posted:

For people who aren't British, Dave Benson-Philips is a television presenter most famous for "Get Your Own Back", a kids game show where the whole point was for the children to gunge their parents.

:eyepop:

That's his kids tv career gone, if he still does it.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

BigglesSWE posted:

I also feel "the normal clothes" are a very strange way to categorise "anything that isn't a suit".

This is the same type of people who admire Capone because he "dressed like a gentleman", if only them gangbangers down the corner took a lesson from him, amirite?

To be fair Capone could wear literally anything and nobody would say a bad word unless they want to sleep with the fishes that night.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Brexit and President Trump in the same year, what a world.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Crocoswine posted:

I'm pretty sure people who say things about how they wish the zombie apocalypse was real are in it for the power fantasy and the prospect of being able to kill people guilt-free

that's who we're talking about you dumb assholes

Pretty much, people who obsess over Zombie Apocalypses believe they'll be the Immortan Joe style warlords after the world colapses, when in reality you'll probably be squatting in fear in a bombed out building or dead.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Dejawesp posted:

He even has a beef with crippled people.

And his Patreon pulls in nearly 3 grand a month.

Professor X has psychic powers so he could easily levitate the girl to him. :v:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Zelda is building a wall and the Gerudo are paying for it.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I can't believe there's people defending Charles Manson, I mean I can but I sure as hell don't want to believe.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I'm fairly certain Boogie has no idea what Antifa does or stands for beyond the meme buzzwords made about them, he's exactly the sort of spineless slime who'd allow the nazis to rise to power because they were "polite" and "well meaning" and those naughty masked people attacking them are so mean and rude.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Jippa posted:

I've never seen any of that guys gaming content, but I know his political opinions intimately thanks to this thread.

Angry fat man yelling loudly about stuff was his gaming content.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Croatoan posted:

What's he famous for? I thought he was the minecraft dude but that's apparently another, different sentient garbage bag.

You've probably seen dozens of gifs of his "character" Francis who was a stereotypical obese gamer who loudly yelled about the latest things in gaming, it was clearly cashing in on the above mentioned AVGN era of gaming content but he got popular since that was the thing then on youtube.

Other than that he transitioned into being a Vlogger and eventually his asinine politics became his brand.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

fisting by many posted:

I actually agree with this. For most cases a man bag is so much more practical.

Does this apply to carrying groceries home, should I put those in my briefcase too?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

fisting by many posted:

No, you should use a reusable cloth or vinyl shopping bag for that.

How do you keep stuff like milk and eggs in place in a backpack? And if anything spills, your pack is ruined.

I don't know how it works where you come from but milk and eggs come in containers, and not once in the many years I have used this strange method to transport goods home have I ever had anything break or spill, crazy I know.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

roffels posted:

You put the eggs at the top. Regarding milk, gross, don't buy that.

Milk's pretty good friend, Almond Milk is what I have at the moment but dairy is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

What's the bet it was improperly stored/purchased a month ago/severely reduced in price?

There's a lot of people who sincerely believe that the mere instant food goes past its sell by date then its gone rotten and can't be eaten.