Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Didn't occur to you to maybe, I don't know, link to the timestamp where this happens instead of an entire 10 minute video? (9m42s)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Trip report: prison nightmare hard's final bridge may be the best killgrinding location we will get. Using a sentry build, I got ~200 kills in 10 minutes, a rate I am confident can be improved, since I was lackadaisical with sentry placement. At that rate it's just~490 hours of grinding😀!

Naw man, just automate the process of picking up ammo and resetting turrets and leave the game running.

By which I mean set turret ammo and health to math.huge

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

https://twitter.com/FBI/status/812643007203659776

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Coolguye posted:

my method for screwing with it is simply going to be:

load up cheat engine

search for things at 0

search for poo poo that increased since last scan

load something up on normal

kill 5 dudes

rescan

repeat until you have only a few things that look sane

set all of those things to like 1k

complete heist

i haven't cared enough to go try it yet

I tried this, I must be bad at cheat engine cause I could never find the kill counter.

Lyrai posted:

It really wasn't.

For what it's worth I found out later that someone on cheat sites had ginned up a thing that just force-unlocks and saves all trophies, and I could have just installed that from the start after tweaking it to just the robbedacop one. :v:

Oh well, back to seeing if I can get a Friends build to work (full joker + full sentries. Not sure what to pick up after getting those trees, or which gun to use. I want to get something for long range, but then also for punching through thicker crowds?)

I like going into the melee tree with Turrets so I can avoid using ammo. Also bring your favorite reusable throwing weapon.

Unfortunately you can't go full into the melee tree and have enough points for dodge/armor and Jokers.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 4, 2017

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Reallycoolname posted:

Do not listen to this man.

Bring silenced sentries for your secondary and have 6 guns on the floor. :911:

In all seriousness though Fully Loaded Aced makes it impossible to have ammo issues (especially since you'll shoot very little) unless you try to bring a flamethrower or minigun.

Quiet sentries as your primary, regular as secondary, you mean.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Reallycoolname posted:

Does it make much of a difference? I guess if you're putting them out in the open they might be in danger, I ws mostly thinking of automating Safe House Raids.

I also took double converted cops for maximum tower defense fun. Take a gun with zero threat and just go watch youtube or something.

The description makes the quiet sentries seem like a straight upgrade, but what do I know.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Finding a way to not have a hard limit but still make pager, uh, management(?) a thing would be neat. Off the top of my head, something like having to hold onto the pagers and answer them when they get check-in calls and/or to check in at certain times could maybe be interesting, though probably would end up just being a pain in the rear end?

What you are describing sounds like trying to manage a map with more civilians than cable ties. I'm sure you know how most players solve that problem.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

One weird trick to fix stealth:
Client-side detection.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Did overkill ever fix that exploit on Undercover where you keep the cops from spawning?

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Probably the Dentist's phylactery.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Ralph is very difficult to move to a safe spot.

Laputanmachine posted:

If you spot Ralph rather than run into him, you can wait until he walks into a safer spot like the office area. From there it's usually easy to walk him to the area with a set of stairs and a meeting room and leave him in the meeting room. No guards go there. Alternatively you can leave him in the office area and kill the one guard that patrols there. Alternatively alternatively just cap Ralph.

I am pretty sure that guards and civilians will only alert off of tied up civilians if they have a direct line of sight to said tied up civilian's head. I've been moving Ralph to the nearest solid wall and setting him down till his head clips through it.

I haven't had guards alert off of a civilian whose head I've driven into a wall, but I haven't really tested it either.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Anyone know how to make the assault ticker display different text?
I honestly just want a gif of it with my own input there, but there doesn't seem to be any easy way to do it from looking at the mods, and I fear breaking things horribly for a dumb joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

The Duke Nukem 3D ripper was probably based on it.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jun 18, 2023