Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Psion posted:

yeah if they'd just locked every COP reward skin to epic or mint condition or whatever it'd be fine but Overkill is bad at this.

Either that or guarantee you get both stat boost and XP boost on your skin. You may get a lovely torn-up skin, but at least it give you extra 1% XP! :pseudo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Deviant posted:

i'm sorry, why does an XXV-100 need 1% xp? Unless that was the joke.,

That was mostly a joke but also a whine about how lovely the xp boost on skins is.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Skunkrocker posted:

Oh and I got crap. This was worth $25. :suicide:

What loving gun is that anyway?

drat, I got a battle-worn Check Mate judge, worth $3. It's not even worth selling.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

maswastaken posted:

The first time you do safehouse gives you experience. Very, very low experience.

Enough to get you to Level 1. You do get the option to skip it, though, and I think a lot of people do.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
The historical pack is great for people who don't get the GOTY edition since it has one of basically everything you get from other DLCs. If you didn't have any other DLC, it gave you the option to use a sniper, a LMG, and grenades.

Since we now have a free LMG and sniper rifle, it's lost a bit of its luster.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Dr Cheeto posted:

Historical pack doesn't give you grenades, the potato masher is a melee weapon.

poo poo, I was thinking of the dynamite :downs:

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Tai posted:

Getting close to my first level 100 and I'm mostly specced into enforcer (ICTV/Ammo/Tank sort of spec) and Tech (Bulletproof/drills). Which Infamy perk would be better to grab once I reset?

First infamy doesn't get you any perk point reductions, that's only 2-5. That said, Enforcer should honestly be the last perk you get. If you're using shotguns there are no wasted points in getting to ICTV, and the bad skills in Enforcer are generally better than the bad skills in, say, Fugitive. My first perk point went in Ghost since I always take Shinobi, but if you like Inspire there's a good argument for putting your first point in Mastermind.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Nehru the Damaja posted:

In what world am I using ICTV and still falling enough to justify Swan Song

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Geight posted:

Interesting interpretation of how the microtransactions were added. I'm seriously sick of angry dudes on reddit being the face & voice of every game's fanbase.

quote:

Monkey_Puncher
8 hours ago
Is it really so wrong to be charging for some DLC considering the game has been out 2 or 3 years and is still being supported by the developer?

There are a lot of cases where microtransactions are wrong. In this case though it seems to me like the overly entitled player base come off as whingers.

Don't want to pay? Don't buy it.
-14 /24

Negative fourteen points. Low enough that it is auto-hidden. gently caress the PD2 playerbase.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Crabtree posted:

How dare two game companies who are collaborating together want money for both of their efforts. How dare OVERKILL even think of touching Goat Simulator when they aren't giving me free DLC and sucking my dick for putting in drills.

Call of loving Duty comes out every year with a new game, for $60 then charges $15 each for three map packs of 3-4 new maps and maybe one gun, none of which get any playtime because you have to own the DLC to play them. These games are heralded every year as The Best Shooting Game Ever! on Reddit. Payday 2, which is now $20 two years after its release and releases roughly the same dollar amount of DLC every year without the $60 yearly tax, is an example of a bad company.
That makes sense, right?

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Holy poo poo, maybe a second season of the webseries is actually happening?!?

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Discendo Vox posted:

Damion just posted another pic on facebook, apparently of the set where the latest live-action thing took place.

I am so hype for this.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I would absolutely love a Taken heist where we're going in to rescue a specific NPC for a low contract payout with a bunch of loot around. Make it more like the end of Heat Street where we have to make sure the target keeps moving, but add in loot bags to move as well. We get the target to a waiting getaway car that drives off, then we wait for a helicopter to load the loot in and escape. Emphasize the importance of staying mobile, maybe give the target the AI of a tied civilian but faster movespeed so they can be ordered to hit the deck and stay put, that sort of thing. I'd play it.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Holy poo poo I feel so bad for that dude that nodded in the entirety of Undercover right now. He even released it on Saturday!

That being said holy poo poo Counterfeit for free :getin:

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Insert name here posted:

I made this and posted it in the old thread if that helps? If not I'll probably be able to get it to you in a couple hours once I get home from work.

I looked through your post history in the previous thread and found it:

[quote="Instert name here" post="445204909"]
I took a crack at it; I think it works but someone tell me if I hosed it up:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/q...Sensitivity.zip
Just drop it into your mods folder like any other BLT mod.
[/url]

FYI it worked great for me last time Goonmod broke, kudos on that.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Holy poo poo Overkill, you're my favorite video game company.
https://twitter.com/PAYDAYGame/status/699721947681316864

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Crabtree posted:

Locked part achievements immediately hit rock bottom on Assault Pack's Not Today. I remember being really happy getting that on accident like maybe a few days in after its release and then feeling sorry for all the people wanting to catch a cloaker jumping, only for them to hit them running or being the one jumped.

God that one sucked. I finally got it last week after bringing the GL40 along for about ten hours of normal play. OTOH, it gave me a whole new appreciation for the amount of mass slaughter you can perform with a GL40 and one guy running Gambler.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

wolrah posted:

https://github.com/polarathene/biglobby

Screens from https://www.reddit.com/r/paydaytheheist/comments/4c98qa/im_just_gonna_leave_this_here/

This is going to make my next LAN interesting. We all like playing Payday but we usually have 5-7 people so we end up having to split in to two groups with bots (which doesn't work well since half the players aren't great) or leave people out.

And then turn on National Guard Response for maximum funtimes.

Comedy Option: OveSaw 126000.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I'm shocked at how good the Technician trees are. I don't see Bulletproof or Shockproof on there, but that's not the end of the world.

vv e. Whoops, forgot about that.

bbcisdabomb fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Apr 1, 2016

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
The new thread tag is perfect.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

clockworkjoe posted:

Does anyone know what causes the Captain Winters assault to never end in day 2 of breakout? At least 2 or 3 times, the assault never ends even after you drive him off.

I've also seen crossbow bolts bounce off of railings on day 2 and back towards me. I'll try to capture it on video next time I see it.

You have to let him get set up before you kill him to end the assault. Killing him before his posse sets up makes him retreat but the assault never ends.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Discendo Vox posted:

goonmod works for all masks. It does not do weapon skins, obviously.

The goonmod weapon customizer still works as well, though you can't both put a skin on and use the customizer.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

grancheater posted:

PROTIP: If leave at least one perk deck without points, you can bank enough points to insta-max new ones. This is probably a better idea than putting points into Hitman or Infiltrator.

Or Sociopath.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Yeah but you have to own Hotline Miami 2 to use it and ehhhhhhhhhh

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

at first glance i read this as "gently caress etabari's suit" and i was about to get real mad

Pff, like you wouldn't gently caress that suit and the man inside. I'm on to you, thread.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
IME you get more exp from a level 0 Ukrainian even after penalties. Jewelry store just ain't worth it, ever.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Zigmidge posted:

As a reply to a post about creativity at level 0. Oh, goons...

Yeah, well. It's different, right? :downs:

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Skunkrocker posted:

Oh.

So not that big of a deal then.

The Dallas safes are the only place to get :911: skins. Their loss will be felt by, well, at least me.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Crabtree posted:

Did they take out the skill to improve its reload?

No, Shotgun CQB is still in there but it doesn't look like that build has the points to take it.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Serpentis posted:

So, Goonmod question. Attempting to access my weapon inventory - specifically primary and secondary weapons (E: all other inventory sub-menus OK) - causes a hard CTD with no message, report or anything like that. The game and inventory worked just fine before I reinstalled Goonmod. Anyone got ideas on how to fix this? I'm running Goonmod, Better Stats GUI and Pocohud3, all patched up to date, for reference.

Are you running the Payday beta? Goonmod has some serious problems with the beta that won't be fixed until it is rolled into stable.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Wow, stacking steel sight speed bonuses makes pulling up the sights kind of disorienting. It's like three frames now.

Unrelated, but I love how easy it is to get Drill Sawgent now. All my builds are going to have it, gently caress waiting for drills.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Gage coins work even if you don't have the courier DLC. You should still get it because it's really good, though.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Drewjitsu posted:

Does winters retreat when a percentage of his coterie is dead? I though he only retreated when you beat him (and only him) up enough.

He retreats when you either do enough damage to him or he only has a certain amount of buddies (4?) left. I've definitely driven him off by shooting his friends a bunch.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Bort Bortles posted:

Is there anything I can 'grind' other than short missions and Daily Side jobs (thank you to whomever it was that told me about those) to get more weapon mods? I would like to try shotguns or high concealment or anything really but I think you need weapon mods for any of that.

Install Goonmod and activate Gage Coins? You collect packages and every set gives you a coin to buy attachments/materials/masks with. All attachments are 1 coin each, so they come pretty quick.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Lynx posted:

This might be stating the obvious, but you'll need the Gage Courier DLC if you want to get Gage coins to buy weapon mods (you mentioned that was the big reason you grabbed Goonmod, right?).

At least I think so. Wilko could have changed it so that you can get coins without owning the DLC for all I know.

I'm pretty sure Goonmod has never required the Gage Courier DLC but it definitely doesn't now. You should still get the courier DLC eventually though, it's really good.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Wilko posted:

I'll add it to the list of things to look into when I can, but any GoonMod updates and the BLT update I was working on are both on halt while I move and start my new job.

Well let me be the first to say congratulations!

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Crabtree posted:

I'm sure there is far more complaining about how everything should be free than any of us grieving missing a few quarters from buying Christmas track at full price.

Actually I'm grieving not being able to buy the Christmas pack for my friends. I have friends who need If It Has To Be Christmas, but I can't buy a 4-pack when I already own it.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Swagger Dagger posted:

I was gifted the base game and now I've got all the DLC except the heists in my shopping cart. Are any of the sale heists really worth picking up if I'm getting all the character and weapon packs?

How important is being able to host heists?

You don't have to own the heists to play them, but when you're getting frustrated by assholes kicking people for such crimes as "bringing a sniper rifle to Big Bank" or "I don't like the way you type", it's really nice to be able to host. I would skip Armored Transport (but it has some good guns) and The Bomb Heists (and Biker, if you want to wait for a sale on that) but honestly the rest are a lot of fun. Plus they're less than $2 each, and you can probably get someone here to give you Golden Grin for free.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Wow what the gently caress is going on in here

Watho is saying "any company who accepts free stuff from artists are worse than robber barons because if I stick my fingers in my ears and yell I can't hear you LALALALALALA"

Coolguye is saying "you're an idiot and I don't care so take your fingers out so I can tell you how hard I don't care this is really important to me TAKE YOUR loving FINGERS OUT"

There, that's the last page.

So, I tried anarchist/frenzy and it really is stupid good. I should use this crutch to springboard myself into DW heists. I wonder if I still have Mumble installed, playing with goons has got to be better than pubbing.

E. poo poo, watho not zakaharov. Sorry Z, you're still crazy but not that crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Also, if you haven't tried the incendiary grenades for launchers then do so now before they figure out how stupidly overpowered they are.

Ooh, did they get buffed? I'll have to outfit my china lake tomorrow and see how it goes.