Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Nordick posted:

Wattup accidental Shotgun 101 bro. :hf:

I got mine just blithely blasting away at Russian commandos in Boiling Point the other day. I had just looked at the achievement earlier in the day thinking "Man, I'm never gonna get that one" and the suddenly welp there it was.
V:downs:V

Mine was trying to hold the cops back from the downstairs labs on day two of Big Oil, in the dark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Even without goonmod, the mods that you can get from the courier pack are super-useful.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

idgi

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Nordick posted:

So I understand that because of the dynamic nature of the game's music, modding your own music files into the heist soundtracks would be really tricky.
But I'm wondering, since the menu tracks just play normally on a loop, if adding or replacing any of the menu tracks would be any easier? I just realized the other day I'd love to have the Jagged Alliance 2 laptop theme as my Payday 2 main menu music.

There is only one acceptable menu tune and it's Let's Go Shopping.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Shooting Blanks posted:

I thought about this the other day - Goons have told me it was supposed to be once a week, I don't remember OK ever saying that. Only that every safe after whatever date would be free to open. Can anyone confirm/deny?

I have literally only once gotten a safe in a card drop, and that was when safes first debuted. I dunno what it is, but goons always talk about stuff that's supposed to be a guaranteed drop, and I've never gotten a guaranteed drop in the history of the game.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

LuciferMorningstar posted:

It used to be the case that you could get a safe drop once a week, very reliably. Now, it's unclear when (or if) there is a weekly reset, or what criteria need to be met in order for a safe to drop. Case in point: Last week, I played exactly the same as much as another person, in all the same games as that person. I got a safe drop at one point. They never did.

Even when it used to be the case, I still never got one. People would say "oh, you're guaranteed a drop, it's one a week" over mumble and we'd all flip mods and masks and cash, or they'd flip safes and I wouldn't. This isn't new behavior for me is what I'm saying.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Psion posted:

hey, every time I open my pocohud heist stats screen it's been there sitting there frustrating me! Sometimes you just have to hate yourself. :v:

did you ever get a Chains Begins as a drop? Asking for a friend

...no?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

VolticSurge posted:

So,I've got myself set up on the Mumble,and I just wanted to ask-which of the channels or groups or whatever are the most noob-friendly? I don't wanna ruin some PRO GAMERZ' run because of my noobish ways.

We have a bunch of different groups because at various times, we've had a shitton of people playing at once, nobody really "owns" one group or another, you just pick one that's open.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

who what now

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Kikas posted:

You lose :20bux: from your offshore everytime he hits you? :v:

I wonder how much the average player would lose if they had to drop a dollar or ten or something from offshore for every bullet they got hit with in a heist.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

I've got so much offshore if they put out a gun that used a dollar per bullet from your offshore I'd use it and not give a gently caress

Well, really, any of us do. Like, it's hard to wrap your head around "a million" when you start actually counting it one by one, let alone the zillions we're all sitting on.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I don't care about this real world gun over that real world gun, I just want dumber and dumber action movie designs.

Like...

(five minutes of googling to remember the names of the guns)

...the pancor jackhammer or anything by calico

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

The Unknown Heister.

Would unironically play a thing where you rob The Gong Show

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Max Wilco posted:

Question: How often do you run into people using hacks and cheats in the game? I just finished the Big Bank heist on Death Wish with a group, and when it came time to drill the vault, it just automatically opened. I think they also created way more turrets then you're able to, because none of the enemies were able to make into the center of the bank. I've noticed with a couple of games I've joined, a player will get marked as 'Cheater' for using mods. That didn't happen in this instance.

Never.

Play with goons.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

that's someone who clearly grew up with a macintosh in the late 80s, where the arrow keys were all in a line like that.

(that's a IIe, but early mac keyboards had the same deal with the arrows)

e: oh gently caress what, I didn't even notice that Q was fire and forward and backwards were on the mouse

CORRECTION

this is some rear end in a top hat who was playing wolfenstein with the mouse in `92

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

watho posted:

That FWB one almost makes DV seem fun. Why would anyone do that to themselves? What if you get caught 3 hours in?

NOT HARDXCORE ENUF

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

Also true. It's possible to run the heist with the restrictions he does, and also not kill any guards.

I may vomit.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Bort Bortles posted:

Who needs a billion in their offshore anyway?!?

weak people who have no confidence in their ability to have fun

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

Seriously though how mad do you think the hoxhud guy is about this

That shithorse probably doesn't even know.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Hobold posted:

What does ruining the Dallas Cowboys for the past decade have to do with robbing banks? Are we getting a "Rob the Taxpayers" heist?

that's jerry jones

jim jones was the guy with the flavor-aid and the cyanide

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

what the literal gently caress is this word salad

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I posted my haiku on the thing like three hours after the link went up, there were already 700+ comments on the post, so I really doubt I'm getting one.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

I'm in the steam group but when I check it, the chat is usually empty, so I don't bother.

Would I be better off joining the Discord? Is the info for it in the steam group somewhere?

The discord just got created like two-three days ago. If I knew how to link it, I would, but I am old and internet things frighten and confuse me.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Crabtree posted:

Ah, gently caress, gotta remember what the things are.

Jesus, I kept myself logged in and as soon as it was time they said they're already taken? Are fuckers really DDoSing for these hats? 503 Guru Meditation? Come on, man!

Just try refreshing every so often. I refreshed at random to get rid of the 503 error screen at 23 past the hour earlier today and a code just popped up like it had never been a problem

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

chairface posted:

look at this noob with a steel ball instead of a grenade launcher

Would buy a Rollerball-themed heist day one.

Or a Phantasm-themed one.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

Thanks for the headsup!

Heh, John P Jones is apparently the guy whose password was iheartrainbows44.

Well, the dude did play bass and keys in one of the most fantastic bands ever, you can't expect him to be an expert on network security

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

got bored, started working on :pubstove: because even on the discord, horror stories of playing with pubs continue to roll in.

(I need to make the puffs of smoke more visible)

There we go. Made the dancing flames more visible, too.

hexwren fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Oct 5, 2016

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Tempest_56 posted:

To commemorate it:

I pubstoved last night out of boredom. Arrived in a Big Bank to find three sub-Infamy 1 players slowly picking the locks on the deposit boxes and none of the loot in the vault bagged. (But at least they picked the bus escape.)

That's not even really bad, that's just "this game doesn't really come with documentation."

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Dr. Cheeto is a hero and we can now just :pubstove: when someone's being dumb and touching the stove.

(Or when we talk about baseball trade rumors, I guess.)

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

goddamn and here I was thinking "hey maybe I can get closer to getting my death wish cheevos done"

WELP

(just opened steam to see it recalculate my percentage complete down from around 60% to 48%)

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

From what I'm hearing, the garage is buggy and is unavailable until the bug is fixed.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Skunkrocker posted:

AFAIK Maria is not a goon, he's a weird furry person with a fat fetish and a Queen's accent. Might read the thread though.

Probably going to unfriend me again after that comment but eh we never talk.

you have a strange life

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I wouldn't mind the cash drops in the card system if they just bumped them up to like 1-10mil a piece. Ten grand is a loving joke.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Concordat posted:

Put this in the OP too.

should be wood-fired. :v:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9RbxcA0sH8

I hate ads and I hate the idea that I'm spending any more time thinking about them than reaching for the remote and fast-forwarding (I watch a lot of poo poo on DVR), but I suspect that the voice actress at the beginning of this ad is the same one as is on Jacket's tape player, which makes the whole thing even weirder.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Clover is my #1, so if I can get on the Mega action, I'd super-appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

pigeonchest bill posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ccmm20/

Add me if you're dtf (down to freemaskreceive)

added!

The name matches here.