Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Using SAM to unlock weapon mods has worked for me for everything except the AK/CAR pack ones. I don't know if that was on my end or because of LGL jank but those ones I had to unlock legit before it let me use the parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
M308 has marginally better pickup than the AMR-16 DMR because while the AMR-16 DMR has a pickup rate equivalent to that of a gun with 72 max ammo, the M308 is affected by Walk-in Closet/Fully Loaded while the AMR-16 DMR is not.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Dr Cheeto posted:

I thought trip mines were like turrets in that they aren't susceptible to desynched cops.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

So did I. But I've seen them do weird things with enough frequency to know that mines aren't always reliable. It might be, to some extent, that DW cops have more health and can survive explosions and flames long enough to knock out power. I really don't know.
It's because cops turning off objectives is host-side so if you are correct that tripmine detonation is client-side then what probably happens is:
  1. Cop reaches power box on host, but not on client
  2. Cop turns off power
  3. Client position updates to cop standing by power box
  4. Tripmine goes off
E: Unless it's happening when you're the host then :iiam:

Insert name here fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jul 17, 2016

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
A 7-day heist sounds like it'd be a lot of fun right up till the first time the host crashes on day 7

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
My favourite part of stealth is alt-tabbing for the 15 or so minutes while everyone else does the work

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Actually no I lied the best part of stealth is tabbing back in because the one dude who was adamant about stealthing a heist says he's done just in time to see him gently caress up and run into a laser or something

Especially on heists where the stealth escape runs off and you have to wait for the loud escape zone to spawn

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Dr Cheeto posted:

What the heck? The typewriter is good.
Hell it's one of the weapons that came out ahead in the rebalance. Old Typewriter was way worse than current Typewriter. Same with the JP36, that gun is pretty serviceable now.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Is it actually being DDoSed because the site auto refreshes itself for everyone when the timer hits 0 so I just assumed the site breaks itself because every tab open of the site at time is refreshed at the exact same moment

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

TopHatGenius posted:

Wonder if Mayhem is GenSec Elites and Skulldozers without the Death Wish changes while One Down is Death Wish and you can only be downed once?
I hope so cause it means I can stop checking literally every patch to see if I need to update my mod or not

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

I was referring to this bit:

You do not need to stack damage boosts to get through Mayhem, and I think "it's very bad" is probably an overstatement.

People talking about pretty massive health increases are right, though. Most enemies now have anywhere from two to five times as much health. Once you factor in the headshot bonuses (standard and perk deck), things look a little more manageable:

Guard: 96
FBI, SWAT, Green, Elite, Gangster: 192
Heavy SWAT, Tan: 384
Shield: 192
Taser: 720
Cloaker: 1440
Bulldozer: 1920

Specials are much stronger, but somewhat more uncommon. Not an unreasonable trade-off, honestly.

The buffed regular units are the nasty part. Like I said earlier, if you were previously running a build that brought a lot of damage to the table, you won't notice a difference. You're still one-shotting most of the regular enemies. If you were using a low-damage weapon, then yeah, enemies will feel more durable. Still plenty survivable, though.
I'll have to play more to really form a solid opinion, but initial impressions are that the health (on Mayhem) is a little silly right now. Like, I had a Raven with 128.4 damage (mods + shotgun skills), had Overkill, Berserker Ace with Frenzy and Underdog active for a total of +182% damage according to HudList (so 362.1 damage) and shot a shield, the weakest of all the specials, in the chest and he didn't even die.

I mean I get they want you to get headshots but comon, after stacking all those damage buffs I can't even kill the weakest special with a chest shot?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Crabtree posted:

Also I think my car is bugged. I could change colors before hand, but after I upgraded Houston once and changed colors at Sykic's place, I can't change colors anymore and its a dumb yellow color. Don't know if I broke the game in a unique way or not.

Dr Cheeto posted:

The latest patch disabled it due to bugs :v:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Tempest_56 posted:

I've noticed that Tasers are taking a lot more damage to get them to break, too. Used to be able to clip 'em with one or two shots and get free - I got tagged on one of my non-Shockproof builds last night (thankfully at point-blank) and it took a good 8 shots to the face before I got loose.
Flinch/hurt animations are based on the target's current HP versus damage done so on the higher difficulties with the vastly inflated HP it's much harder to stun them.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Concordat posted:

Berserker boosts the heavy crossbow from 4000 damage to 5610 at 40% health.
According to HudList Berserker doesn't affect the crossbow, which should be accurate but I haven't updated it in a bit so grain of salt I guess

Also I'm pretty sure Body Expertise affects the crossbows. Source: my build with Body Expertise will 1-shot medics to the chest on Mayhem, but will not without it

Before anyone points out the description for BE states that it only affects full-auto weaponry I should point out that the crossbows are technically full-auto according to the game

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Concordat posted:

Either that is wrong or the safehouse shooting range is wrong.
Safehouse shooting range is weird and buggy, it also likes to count every single pellet from the shotgun as a different shot too.

Anyway I went and tested it in 1D and you can 1-shot the regular zeal enemies with a body shot from the pistol crossbow with BE but it takes 2 without BE so lol. I have no clue if that's actually useful at all for 1D but it's hilarious to me that BE works with the crossbows because their fire mode is full-auto.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

John Murdoch posted:

Hm. Despite the seeming hint in the patch notes, there's no pinata in the safehouse.
There was one when I did a safehouse raid; it was above the money you had to defend. Don't have a screenshot though, sorry.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Daryl Surat posted:

Note that when I check the Goliath's damage fall off stats, it's still showing up as 10-30m when every other shotgun in the game starts its falloff at 40m, so who knows how much of this list is legit.
I don't know where you're getting the stats from but according to the game files themselves every shotgun starts at 20m and goes out to 50m. You're right though that it looks like the Goliath didn't get changed and is still 10-30m.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

UnknownMercenary posted:

e: somebody on Reddit made tables of the current madness that is "shots to kill"
I like tabbing between the Overkill and Mayhem pics and just seeing the massive jump in numbers like :holymoley:

Also did not realize it took 9 loving shots to kill a tan with a 42 damage weapon lmbo

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

UnknownMercenary posted:

You are right that right before Crimefest, we had plenty of alternative "almost CAR-4"s to use, especially in the form of power creep through DLC. The real problem pre-Crimefest was that most guns above 40 did not do significantly enough damage to be worth using. Anything in the 50 range was pointless because the 40 range guns performed better while not changing shots to kill. Anything that couldn't hit 39.4 was fairly sub-optimal, and there were a lot of "almost but not quite there" guns like the old Krinkov. The AK.762 could hit past the 60 breakpoint so it was an alternative to the 40 range guns. The M308 was almost good; DMR kits outclassed it by a wide margin since it could hit much more ideal stats without sacrificing anything except the inherently lovely pickup.
The time right after the Crimefest weapon rebalance was really weird because it basically inverted all the guns that are good and not good. A bunch of guns with really, really terrible accuracy (for example the SG552 and FAMAS both could hit like, 40/44 accuracy at best IIRC) and pump-action shotguns that couldn't even hit 80 damage without skills until things were successively buffed over the next couple of weeks/months.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Tempest_56 posted:

Aw c'mon, I might not have been around since Day 1 but LMGs were in a pretty poo poo spot pre-rebalance (they were REALLY bad ARs who's only redeeming quality was their large mags, much as I enjoyed 'em) and Akimbos were in poor shape (particularly for the required investment).
Uhhh pre-rebalance LMGs were pretty good, they were actually alternatives to shotguns rather than ARs so if you tried to use it as an AR replacement then obviously that's why you'd think they were bad. Akimbos, while dumb that they required a skill, were still some of the best pistol class weapons in the game and really good for dodge builds.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
I enjoy that they added a difficulty between Overkill and Death Wish because people were (rightfully) saying that there was a huge gap between the two difficulties and now instead of a big gap between Overkill and Death Wish we now have a big gap between Overkill and Mayhem

Like way to miss the point guys

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

ClonedPickle posted:

e: Oh yeah and making Death Wish harder but introducing Mayhem was supposed to ease that for general players. Too bad Mayhem is a failure of a difficulty.
Yeah I really enjoy Mayhem but it utterly fails at its goal of bridging the old OVK-DW gap. In fact, with the new health changes and OVK being made somewhat easier the gap is even wider than it previously was.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Psion posted:

Compared to the bad old days of 0.14 second Saigadozer KOs, that's reasonably well thought out for a 1D enemy.
Best part was when you got a double Saigadozer spawn since Dozers also always come in pairs on DW since it meant that if both looked at you it was possible to have a 0.00 second KO if they both fired at the same time.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

quote:

Fixed an issue where Snipers did not count as special kills on the stats screen
Lmbo this has been a thing since the game launched that I honestly by now thought it was intentional

I mean it's a really low priority fix but still lol

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Psion posted:

this also works in the reverse: if you give a gun more base ammo you also need to explicitly tell it to recalculate pickup based on the new, higher total as well.
I'm pretty sure this only applies when you're editing the stats through lua hook after the fact though, since if you're Overkill you just change the amount of base ammo directly and the pickup rate is just based on those numbers. Like unless they specify a specific pickup rate it's just a weird edge case of modding and Overkill themselves doesn't have to worry about it. Probably.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
No but you see they buffed that one melee skill from 300% to 1600% so it's fine guys really

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Psion posted:

NO SHUT UP
They're going to nerf it, the buzzer and the electric brass knuckles but don't worry! They'll make it so all you need to do is spec all the way into the melee tree and they'll be as they were before.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Discendo Vox posted:

It's worth restating that Jules was responsible for the generally well-received weapons and skills rebalances, so...I don't know what to think anymore. I know a lot of things the community asks for are unreasonble, and that the game's tools are difficult to work with, but...well, a lot of these explanations are really discouraging.
You mean the weapon and skill rebalances that were full of dumb poo poo too that everyone complained about until they got off their rear end and fixed them? Like when the weapon rebalance first dropped all the ARs had like 10 to 20 less accuracy than they have now, and pump-action shotguns without skills could only hit 78 damage so you couldn't one shot a tan. Skill rebalance actually without much fuss, mainly because they actually had a beta period to knock the stupid out of it instead of just dropping it straight into our lap like, uh, the weapon and difficulty rebalance. Remember when we were only going to get 100 skillpoints, and each infamy instead of reducing tree requirements would only give +1 skillpoint for a total of 104 skillpoints?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

UnknownMercenary posted:

A difficulty and optimization pass? No my friend, the masses want milquetoast webcomics. :eng101:
Personally I like to think on the bright side: less updates means less chances for Jules to gently caress everything up even more :v:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

UnknownMercenary posted:

This can be said about a lot of maps, frankly.

Hell, I would say that Scarface mansion, as much as I like it, would be way more reasonable under the pre-Housewarming numbers.
I think all the maps in the game are more reasonable under the old values, personally

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

maswastaken posted:

It has all the makings of a good gun - gently caress all ammo, gently caress all pickup, middling damage...
Its pickup rate is apparently 0.3 - 0.4. Without a perk or a skill, you're not getting a bullet ever.
Setting the ammo pickup to be technically higher than 0 but still low enough you won't ever actually get anything from it is overkill as gently caress

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Infiltrator works best IMO if you ignore the melee damage bonus entirely, equip a buzzer, and just slice off a little bit of cop whenever you're feeling peckish. Tying health regen to a melee strike has obvious downsides but you can do silly things like punch surrendered cops to get health. Don't play it like a melee deck! Play it like a muscle deck that has to punch a cop occasionally to get health regen!

The DR is underrated as well, underdog is basically always active on most maps, and the Infiltrator DR uses very similar rules.
Also IIRC you can zap your own (or your buddies') jokered cops to get health back too.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

UnknownMercenary posted:

:agreed:

Also I don't know the timing of the console releases but the map was much more playable before the One Down update.
I feel "much more playable before the One Down update" applies to a lot of things in this game

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Yardbomb posted:

Pretty much Raid is neat and the idea's great, but it needs some work on the "feel" of things like the guns.
I think it's the combination of low damage and bad sounds + animations so they're just not fun to shoot.

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

wow raid looks and plays like a ww2 payday 2 if it was made 7 years ago instead in the worst way
Yeah it feels very Payday 1 but like, in a bad way

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Psion posted:

Remember the skill trees revamp, where they (effectively) engaged the community and built actual hype for a previewed, tested, and polished rebalance which went over extremely well and generally improved the game far more than not?

jules, apparently, does not :allears: and to be honest, that concerns me about October's annual "change the entire way you play this game without any warning, deal with it" pattern

I hope it's actually all his fault because boy do I sure blame him for everything! The new Goldfarb.
Hell at this point I'd take another weapon rebalance mixup where it's spotty when dropped but fixed most of the glaring issues pretty fast and continued constantly working on it over time instead of dropping the difficulty update, seeing everyone talk about how it's terrible and, uh, do nothing I guess?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
As much as I want the Soviet record player the double barrel is the correct choice because there's literally only one shotgun in the game right now which is unacceptable.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Psion posted:

it's been so long since I've used FBI files that I didn't remember that, but regardless of who did it: that's not questionable, that's outright wrong

in this instance i'd suggest a slightly less faithful rendition of Overkill's mistakes :v:
For a mod ostensibly about fixing Overkill's dumb mistakes it's not a good first impression, for sure

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Decided to give the new game mode a shot

Got halfway through wave 9 solo when a dead medic managed to free the hostage

Well that's my salty story hope you enjoyed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Not going to lie, I eventually just modded the global ammo pickup to flatten it to what it was before, never looked back and have never regretted it. I only ever play solo and with friends though, so if you like to play with randoms or whatever that might be a non-starter (not that PD2 would stop you anyway). I seriously laughed when I came back a few months after the difficulty update dropped and saw they nerfed ammo pickup for a bunch of guns but all the guns that already had good ammo economy... got even better pickup.