Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Tenzarin posted:

Do they climb the building like spiderman?

Partially.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
I really want to dupe a keycard at a tournament now

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
Before perk decks and without the technician tier bonus, the breakpoint was 50 damage to two-hit tans. 40 was just good for greens (and now that's like, 32 or 33 which 99.9% of the guns in the game hit without any mods).

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Psion posted:

that's right, Overdrill needs to be buffed :laugh:

put a forklift in the overvault

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Did they change the way safes drop? I haven't played in a couple weeks at least and did 2 quick heists just to see and didn't get a safe. I thought it was guaranteed after a certain period of time?

Judging by how Valve games do it, it's likely a combination of real time passing (at least 5 days, I'd guess) and play time (3-4 hours minimum, again, guessing) before you're eligible for another safe drop. "Play time" is just having the game open.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

henkman posted:

I don't see a reason to use the new deck over muscle with an ICTV build

With the hilarious buff to Disturbing the Peace, there isn't!

new heists are great, all hail microtransactions

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Drewjitsu posted:

The Mosconi is also better as a fugitive HE delivery mechanism, although the plains rider bow or the light crossbow are better than the Mosconi. :smith:

Not when Swan Song is involved. :getin:

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
I used a Rogue akimbo build for so long and only semi-recently switched to Grinder. Grinder is so much better, even as a dodge build. Inspire aced and Bullseye/Sneaky Bastard/Low Blow/Akimbo basic. Rogue has higher dodge but the lack of health regen and lowest possible health/armor are just a pain in the rear end on DW (snipers will 1-shot you unless you are at full health). Grinder's 40% health boost is really nice and means the only cop that can instakill you out of nowhere is everyone's favorite Saigadozer. Rogue is really only better at rolling the dice and sprinting through an entire assault wave, and since the 5% nerf that really hasn't worked out for me.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Psion posted:

The Buzzsaw may not be the optimal fartgun build but it is the most Fun by the Standards and Measures Fun Index of 2015.

If I could suppress the minigun, I'd bring that. Probably every heist.

hey wilko... :v:

Do you want to attach The Bigger The Better Suppressor onto this weapon?

This will use 6 suppressors.

[y/n]

(also the Buzzsaw is the Maximum Fun LMG no matter the circumstance)

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Why is there a 'no' option?

Maybe you misclicked and want to use Low Profile suppressors! You know, for a concealed fartminigun. Minifartgun?

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

maswastaken posted:

Inventory Extensions, Gage's Mod Shop, Gage Coins. Maybe Ironsight Normalised Sensitivity too.
Where card drops are concerned, the process is: Blind luck and brute force repetition. Or Gage Coins.

Also: Remember Gadget State is reallllly good. Once you're a little less new I'd recommend Corpse Delimiter and the Weapon Visual Customizer too.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Tempest_56 posted:

Are You Having Fun Yet?

If the answer is ever "yes," Death Vox has failed

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm giving the thread the game that payday 2 players want, need, and deserve.

Want, no, need, no, deserve, maybe; but the only thing you're giving to anyone that hasn't yet learned to scroll past is an eyesore

ClonedPickle fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Dec 17, 2015

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Concordat posted:

Should have a level where stealth equates to killing everyone on the map before they are able to hit an alarm button, and none of that psychic instant alarm bullshit on day 1 of Big Oil and Firestarter.

There's no psychic bullshit on Big Oil day 1, that's just on Firestarter 1 and Rats 2. Big Oil day 1 is fun. Play more Big Oil.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
I think that deserves more than a 10 point deduction

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

It's not the prettiest thing, but yours looks a little extra ugly. What's your texture quality set at?

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Tempest_56 posted:

I can hardly wait to see what ridiculous hour-plus long frustrating endurance achievement is going to be in this.

To be fair, in PD1 that was just called "beat the heist on 145+" so we'll probably be safe from another [x] Miserable.

I wonder if people could buy the PD1 Wolf Pack for a dollar come next Steam sale and get this one for free. Someone have a good memory and let me know about that, great, thanks.

Psion posted:

now bear in mind I said I had the 'easy' job ... of being that counter-sniper/lap runner. This is compared to the guys standing in a bathtub killing 800 specials and SWATs before it was easy to do. So "easy" is something of a, uh, misleading claim...

Yeah, I don't think there was an easy job there. I'm just glad that bathtub was cloaker-proof, and that the Bronco owned so much.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Fleve posted:

I never really used it a lot until now, but was the Eagle Heavy always this good? It sits wonderfully in between DMR-kit rifles and the ~40 damage assault rifles that all seem to be rather unstable/inaccurate after the weapon re-balance.

The Gewehr 3 seems to also live in that area, but I haven't used it enough yet to get the dozer achievement. Is it worth unlocking the mods for it?

The Eagle Heavy, Falcon, and Gewehr 3 have been excellent guns ever since the weapon rebalance from Crimefest; they were pretty bad before that, but they used to be okay before 2014's Crimefest that gave everyone the headshot bonus. Right now is the best they've ever been.

The Gewehr 3 has a mod that will increase the total ammo (Assault Kit), which makes it strictly better than the Eagle Heavy in my opinion. The Falcon has an extended magazine option that will bring it to 40 rounds over the other two battle rifles' 20, so it's a choice between total ammo, mag size, or whatever the Eagle Heavy has going for it. It might be more stable than the others? Probably not stable enough to make up for it, but as long as you're not on Death Wish don't worry about ~optimal guns~.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
The Assault Kit lowers damage? Well that's horseshit. Psion, you spoil me.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

-Troika- posted:

What's a pretty good akimbo-dodge build? I am Infamy 4 but havn't played in forever.

http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mSoLhIJEfbDa:eIEDa:ghECda:fqrsoKhiEFGbCa:ibcdea:::
This is what I use. Bullseye is a really good skill that's often overlooked, and it'll help your survivability quite a bit. Grinder is far better than Rogue if you've got the Sokol DLC, and Gunslinger Aced is unnecessary. Akimbo Bernettis hit 40 damage without it and pair well with the Baby Deagle (or the actual Deagle if you don't have the Point Break DLC), or bring two Deagles and a Gruber Kurz that also hits 40 (39.9 is 40 now) if you're feeling sassy. The Kurz has a +3 concealment boost that will take it to 31, and that lets you mod the Deagles all the way down to 24 concealment.

Leadership Aced isn't bad to have but usually I've got a teammate who has it - if you don't, feel free to mix around the lower tiers of Mastermind to suit you, but don't lose Dominator. Lower tiers of Fugitive are also to taste - I find steadiness boosts worthless, and the occasional stealth makes Winston Wolfe/Sixth Sense worth it for me. You're pretty much gonna have to waste points somewhere in Fugitive, though, so it might as well be things that are occasionally slightly helpful.

Oh, and it's tempting to get rid of Stun Resistance in the Enforcer tree in favor of something else, but trust me: it's not worth it. gently caress flashbangs forever.

ClonedPickle fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 16, 2016

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Crabtree posted:

Assuming they don't make a finish the heist with one or more people in a mega mask one,

It's been a while since they've had DLC mask requirements for achievements, I think they've given up on that.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Oh no, you can push a button once instead of holding it for several seconds. How unfair! Oh wait...

Look, if you aren't physically and emotionally invested in every lock you pick and every drill you restart, you might as well just uninstall Payday 2: Serious Heisting Game.

Skunkrocker posted:

Edit: also I heard you used the cinematic camera mod to spy on guards during Train Stealth or something. Not that it matters all that much, just throwing it out there.

OH SHIIIIIIT

DISCENDO VOX, DEFEND YOUR HONOR

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

THE CHORSE posted:

akimbo deagles

LEO. Maybe 10 shots or so before it fell over, and it's suppressed without GS Aced or suppressor skills so it's like, low-60s damage. It is hilariously easy to kill Dozers with akimbo Deagles though, that is very true. He's not looking at me? Crit buttshots, still dead very quickly.

Honestly the only thing that's been made clear from this slapfight is that Vox isn't getting team-rocketed enough. Please shoot more rockets at Vox, thanks in advance.

ClonedPickle fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Feb 28, 2016

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Psion posted:

I just want the No Mercy remake because it means I can kick No Mercy in the balls repeatedly on Deathwish to make up for the PAIN AND SUFFERING which was Payday 1 no mercy

mind you it was still an awesome heist, just, wow

The only pain and suffering from No Mercy was all the civilian bullshit at the start. Once the cops showed up it got fun. Yeah, trying to hold out was harsh, but then we learned to stop holding out and move around the map and it was fun again!

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

The RPG can remove Winters ... in one hit

By the way, under what circumstances does this happen? I'm genuinely curious, because Winters' current explosive resistance % should and does require 2 rockets minimum to get rid of him. I can understand (and have probably experienced) a few edge cases where Overkill's damage calculations gently caress up and he's gone in 1, but that's not the norm. Do you typically play with a crew that runs more than 1 RPG at once and you don't notice a double rocket go out?

vvvvv I just did a Dockyard and fired on him from above, on top of a train car. I wasn't hosting though, so that might make the difference.

ClonedPickle fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Mar 1, 2016

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

https://gfycat.com/BitterImperturbableCirriped

Overkill, Winters untouched by anything but the RPG, no Spotter bonus, not fired on until the badge popped up. Please tell me exactly how to recreate the anecdotal evidence you keep referencing with no one to back you up, especially how to one-shot him once his DR has gone closer to 50%. Thanks!

And gently caress it, while I'm posting gfys: https://gfycat.com/EssentialInferiorJellyfish

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
https://gfycat.com/ZestyGlisteningIndianelephant

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

vomit vomit vomit

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
We can't stop Shanks from bringing turrets to death wish

*hic*

which one of you fuckers is responsible for this fuckin I'll

*hic*

ugh I'll fuckin' hurt you or somethin'

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

It's usable, but I wouldn't call it good. Trigger Happy is never worth using; you can put those 4 points elsewhere, not even necessarily in the Fugitive tree. Acing Low Blow is usually a bad move but for the sake of the minigun I think it's fine. If you want to maximize the bonus, use the Gruber Kurz at 31 concealment instead of the LEO, although if you don't care about 3% crit/1% dodge feel free to keep using the LEO. Honestly though I think the main problem I have with it is that you don't have basic Cat Burglar and only basic Transporter; shameful quality of life goin' on in this build. And yet you've got Chameleon! Shameful.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
When I first got 100%, Murphy's Law was the last achievement I got, and I played a lot of Election Day. The RNG is rude.

The second-to-last was the stupid Bush mask cheevo because the drat Bush mask wouldn't drop for me.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
oohhboy: It sounds like you've gotten close to achieving Reputation Beyond Reproach multiple times, but have been foiled at the escape. This is kind of surprising to me, as I can't really remember any of the RBR escapes I've done to be difficult; usually the difficulty is elsewhere in the heist. Are you playing with friends, or with pubbies? Are these friends/pubs invested in getting 100% achievements, or is it just you, and would you attempt RBR with some idiot tryhard goons? Death Wish is kind of a stupid cops numbers boost, especially with saiga Dozers being able to literally instakill players, and that's certainly what makes RBR a difficult, top 5% or whatever achievement. DW as a whole isn't a bullshit unfun difficulty when you're allowed to go down a bunch (at least to me, I had a lot of fun tonight playing some difficult DW heists), and I'm wondering what exactly you're having fault with since most of your posting has been making GBS threads on LM. If you want Reputation Beyond Reproach, we can get you Reputation Beyond Reproach.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

I can understand it- the area at the exit to ED3 is basically a perfect storm of sniper spawns and cloaker hiding spots.

Sure, but I've played Election Day enough to be prepared for those. Killing a couple snipers and five cloakers on the way out is pretty normal.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Zigmidge posted:

Vox's DLC effort post seems really out of date in terms of what's in the GOTY or not. What would you guys recommend I pick up that isn't included in the current GOTY version?

The BBQ Pack is extremely good (AA-12, Flamethrower, Molotovs), but most everything else outside of the GOTY edition only has one stand-out feature. Ninja Pack has the pistol crossbow (and a sniper rifle that used to own but got nerfed? and an okay but not stand-out SMG), Sokol pack has an extremely good Perk Deck (but if you use heavy armor then you might never use it), Wolf Pack has an extremely good grenade launcher, Point Break heists have an extremely good pistol, Goat Sim/Chivalry/Western DLCs don't have anything super great but provide some variety. Owning Heist DLC isn't necessary if you're not the one hosting, so don't worry about that.

Overkill pack is nice (Minigun/RPG) but if you want that I've got two spare copies collecting dust, if you want one.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
Boy, I love these akimbo SMGs, but how do I properly minmax with them?

Don't worry, fellow sperg! Try this: http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mSLmhJEfGbDa:eIEDa:ghjECa:fqrsoKhiEFGbCa:ibcdea:pN8::s90-4-17-14-21:

[site is out of date; add a Concealment boost to the Micro Uzi and the akimbo Heathers, also put the stocks and some competitor's compensators on the Heathers, laser too of course, should get 24 / 31 conceal for 4 visibility]

I figure with Grinder and that much bullet hosing, basic Cat Burglar isn't super necessary. If I still want all my favorite skills (aced Inspire, aced Stun Resistance, basic Bullseye/Sneaky Bastard/Akimbo/Low Blow) it's either Cat Burglar or Shinobi getting axed for the SMG reload speed.

Sperglord Firecock posted:

Any chance I could grab that overkill pack from you?

hi yes sorry profile // trade offer (I think I just set my gift inventory to visible so you can trade offer for an Overkill pack)

I'll happily take a trading card or two for whatever if you feel like being generous

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Carrying two bags at once. Shotgun-specific Mag Plus (35 shell drum AA-12? Hell, anything that isn't the Joceline, Mosconi, or Judge gonna have over 20). Saw is secondary by default now (I don't see a primary option? Is that going to be a gimme now? lmao if they break the OVE72000 cheevo). Bullseye, what are you doing there?

Man, this is weird. I guess I get to worry less about climbing three different Fugitive trees to get Bullseye, Akimbo, and Sneaky Bastard though.

Oh and picking up new throwables from ammo boxes? Molotovs for dayyyyyys

ClonedPickle fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Mar 25, 2016

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
Overkill might not realize how great Bullseye is for suit/LBV builds (or they might, and might be trying to balance dodge builds vs. armor builds or something), but yeah, I don't think it will be a huge deal since acing Oppressor and Transporter will get you that far anyway, and it's not like dodge builds need to ace Bullseye. I'm just hoping I have enough points to grab Die Hard, too.

28 (Inspire aced) + 10 (Endurance aced) + 4 (Stable Shot aced. What? I like hitting snipers with pistols) + 13 (Bullseye basic) = 55; 49 points still left to work with for any Ghost QOL skills that don't become default and whatever bullshit I have to climb in Fugitive. This seems doable. Hell, maybe if I have points left over I can ace Die Hard and grab Iron Man basic since apparently bullets can stagger shields too, drat

ClonedPickle fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Mar 25, 2016

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Explosionface posted:

Until proven otherwise, I'm assuming they mean detachable box/drum magazines, because Overkill.

Current Mag Plus text specifies "weapon magazine," works on shotgun tube magazines just fine. Locomotive and Reinfeld have Extended Mag mods, under a "Magazine" category. They're not going to make a skill work on only the Saiga-12 and AA-12, it's going to work with everything but the double barrels and Judge.

Ghost will probably have two trees almost entirely dedicated to stealth, and we'll see how much mileage they get out of suppressor skills and whatever else is useful for loud to fill up a tree. SMG skills beyond reload speed/fire rate increase? ...Nine Lives? ........Moving Target? Blech.

I'm hoping Fugitive has a tree entirely devoted to stealth so I don't have to put points into it. If Sneaky Bastard and Akimbo are atop separate trees (very likely) that'll be 44 points to get basic in each. Kinda sucks that they just introduced an Akimbo weapon that doesn't benefit from pistol skills but rather SMG skills, but Akimbo will likely be locked away behind a bunch of pistol skills that won't benefit the Heathers. Does Hitman still suck? Probably, no health regen without sinking a lot of points for Hostage Taker, which kinda ruins the point of taking a perk deck to avoid filling out a skill tree.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

It's not great but it's not bad, either. Removing the armor penalty went a long way towards making it better, and the 5s guaranteed armor regen is real nice for turrets that suppress your regen through solid walls.

The fact remains there is no other way to shout friends up, wear ICTV, and use two guns at the same time. Dumping 4-12 skillpoints in Hostage Taker is a much smaller price to pay IMO.

I'm looking towards the future, where you can't just easily grab Hostage Taker after acing Inspire. I've used a Hitman/ICTV build before and it's fun, but not fun enough to keep in my five slots. Overkill give me more skill build slots.

I guess my hope is that SMG skills are added to the skill tree that pistol skills will be in and Akimbo will top off, just so I don't have about a month to have fun with the Heathers before they're horribly sub-optimal. Also hoping more akimbo SMGs are coming soon - would be a good way to make the non-Jacket's Piece MAC-10 relevant again.

ClonedPickle fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Mar 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

UnknownMercenary posted:

I want to believe.

I think it's more likely that sentries and C4 will be two sides of the same tree, with Jack of All Trades topping it off to let you carry both. Then an automatic weapons tree, and a... drill tree with other stuff?

isndl posted:

Someone goofed and forgot to put in an actual number for the Carbon Blade Ace panic chance.

Jules has said all the numbers are up in the air currently and that they're more worried about getting skill functionality in place before finalizing specific numbers and percentages. And it's Overkill, so of course there's inconsistency with putting obviously placeholder variables ("X%") with not-so-obvious placeholder numbers, like Bulletstorm basic lasting 0 seconds.