Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Considering I just spent twenty minutes doing Murky Station on DW only to fail at the last moment, and I don't feel like it was wasted time because I was having fun, I'm prepared to call it a drat good stealth map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Dr Cheeto posted:

I wouldn't count on the kills the turret makes while ECM'd to not spoil the run.

What difficulty were you playing? I've done several runs on VH without seeing the ceiling turret.

I did an Overkill run that spawned the turret right above the scanner. That run did not end well.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Discendo Vox posted:

[*]It looks like there are 14 extra bags of loot: 12 bags of "battle rifles" in traincars (6 in each), another battle rifle bag in the basement, and one bag of pistols in a similar, smaller case in the basement. They pull from the same set of spawn positions as keycards, thermite etc.

This isn't 100% accurate; pistols and BRs can both spawn in the non-bomb traincars. There'll always be six per car, but the type is variable.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Fellis posted:

while we're confessing embarrassing avatar purchases, I'm the one who bought all the spring break dallas and chains gifs with links to gun metal grey and where's the van for people with high postcounts and stupid newbie avs

You're a good person.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

kalstrams posted:

Can someone give me a rundown, or point to a such, as to what guns and builds are actual for loud DW? I have never done much of it, and my stealth buddy hasn't done it since late 2014.

Grinder and suit dodge, Muscle and ICTV. There you go, long as you can kill cops with what you're taking and aren't surrounded by incompetents you should be fine.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
If you're looking for specific suggestions, I started using the M308 and an HE Judge and immediately DW became easy mode. I've pubbed Overdrills with that and a Muscle Masterforcer and basically held the entry by myself the entire hour, without hitting ammo bags or needing health. We'd thermite'd the vault so there aren't any elevator spawns, which already makes for overdrill easy mode, but the point at least stands for ammo efficiency.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm trying to remember exactly how the procedure works for this- what event is it that stops elevator spawns? Is there a way to get the combined advantages of no elevator spawns and no dozers?

I'm pretty sure it's one or the other; stopping elevator spawns I'm pretty sure requires the vault doors to be open. I'd say no elevator spawns is the better of the two anyway; dozers aren't too big a threat if you have any sort of HE and are holding the elevator room entrance, since it's such an effective chokepoint and HE+basically anything full-auto clowns Dozers, whereas the elevators suck to lock down. Of course neither is that big an issue if you've got a competent team, but some of us are idiots and never do anything but shove our faces into the pubstove.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Zigmidge posted:

:psyduck:

I just took a look at the achievement list to work out what I want to unlock and now it's "none of them gently caress this poo poo"

Welcome to the Steam Achievement Manager support group. Be sure to pick up your complimentary DLC mods at the door.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
The AMCAR skin just gives +4 accuracy.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
If you can't get behind the Payday gang using their now-supervillain-esque resources to do some petty crime, I don't know what to tell you besides 'try sending an RPG into the vase shop'.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Carlioo posted:

Besides, isn't Four Stores supposed to be at the start of the Payday gang's restarted career? So it makes sense for them to do some petty crime to get back in the groove/because Vlad is crazy?

Basically. The launch heists, and basically everything before Big Bank, all had a pretty 'grounded' criminal atmosphere to them, especially the low level heists where you're just knocking over some small joint to make a quick buck and get your name out. Big Oil was out there with stealing a cold fusion engine, but it was also basically the capstone to the game's progression arc, so it made sense. Election Day was the beginning of things getting more unmoored from 'reality', but Big Bank and everything with the Dentist was really the point when heists started being more audacious and 'cinematic', until the point that we're fighting through the J. Edgar Hoover building after breaking out one of the FBI's Most Wanted and shooting up an arena while a concert is going on and running the pyrotechnics to cover up our explosives. For someone who started the game in the past year or so, all that penny ante bullshit seems out of place in the bombastic crime game of Payday 2, but at launch that seemed like the goal.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

clockworkjoe posted:

Reminder that Payday 2 is a real serious business

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2IPhhrd1_8

(The player shittalking was using Hitman as his perk deck without using akimbo pistols)

The only way this could be more perfect is if it ended with him being kicked.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Honestly I'm most excited to make a Frenzy/Berzerker/Yakuza Dodge build and see how well I can do hopped up on pure bloodlust.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Wintermutant posted:

Maybe a Safehouse Defense heist of some sort, where the host gets to show off their pad?

Insert name here posted:

Replace the lobby with the safehouse, where you all chill out there between heists and there's stuff to do like a shooting range to test weapons and slot machines to gamble away all your money. Not that that'll ever happen.

These are both good and cool ideas that would make Safehouse Customization mean anything at all besides one more thing to make go up by throwing some of the money that is gathering cobwebs in my vault at.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Grapplejack posted:

If it's green bridge they'd better have the ponchos back.

This is all I want in life.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Big Oil is just all engine prototypes.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

isndl posted:

No, add a 'steal prop' button so you can take anything and everything. Want a grand piano? Sure, there's one on FF3, but you're going to have to lug it to the roof and across the zipline to get it home.

Then add a series of achievements for cleaning out maps of literally everything that isn't bolted down.

My safehouse will be wallpapered with nothing but the sushi bar window ads. The floors will be a tiled with That Slimy Ballbag McKendrick.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Tulip posted:

Grindr and muscles are getting nerfs (grindr will get health back at a slower rate; they're not sure about muscle, perhaps make it so that it doesn't heal when suppressed which is dumb imho, I'd rather exactly the opposite)

Conceptually, it would even make sense to invert the two: The Muscle gets back health by being, well, muscle, while the Grinder gets back health by pulling aggro from teammates. I can't imagine they'd make as drastic a change as that, though, so yeah, make muscle only regen while you're suppressed and give me an excuse to hold the front line instead of play Bag Sim 2k16.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Dr Cheeto posted:

But do you own the DLC for them?

I don't own Dragan, and I can bank a full perk deck's worth of points despite having all the ones I own filled, so yeah, ones you don't own count. Basically, you can earn as many perk points as there are decks total.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

CascadeBeta posted:

So why would you take anything from tier 4 of fugitive? Those skills all look terrible, and Frenzy seems like a straight up downgrade.

Berzerker Yakuza ICTV means you're a fatman who will constantly have boosted armor recovery, movement speed, and damage.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I can't buy any skill if it would leave me with 0 skill points. 10/10 perfect imitation of an actual patch.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Ahahahaha: 143.5 armor, 15 dodge standing still. So as much as 40 dodge when sprinting? 50 with SB. CROOK RIDES AGAIN!

This is my jam right here.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

UnknownMercenary posted:

PSA: the flamethrower counts as an automatic gun.

Go hog wild with that.

Well gently caress. This beta is the gift that keeps on giving.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
We've fixed the need for shotgun damage skills to make them viable; instead of spending skill points, just spend $2.99!

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I have bought every skill but Covert Ops, Optical Illusions Aced, Berzerker and Frenzy. Oh and Breacher but who gives a poo poo I AM A CRIME GOD.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Discendo Vox posted:

We have an FAQ with very general info about how the new safehouse will work.

I've quoted the whole thing below.

Custom Safehouse FAQ
It’s time to give you some news about the Custom Safehouse. We know a lot of you sits on plenty of questions so we’ve put together a short FAQ with answers to the most common questions about what we’re working on.

FAQ:

• Is all content released together with the Custom Safehouse free?
    Yes! All content in the Custom Safehouse will be free.

• When is the Custom Safehouse released?
    We will release a timeframe within the coming weeks, we are just adjusting details and doing the last scheduling.

• Will I be able to bring other players into my Safehouse?
    Yes. That is our ambition! We’re currently looking into that possibility and seeing how it could work in a cool and fun way.

• Will I be able to use my old Safehouse?
    No. The old Safehouse won’t have any purpose when the new Custom Safehouse is released, so we’ll make that unavailable as we go live.

• Will I use offshore money to upgrade your Safehouse?
    No you won't. We’re currently implementing a new system for that.

• How big will the Custom Safehouse be?
    It will be pretty big, with a lot of different cool areas to explore. Also, as we release a new update the Custom Safehouse area will expand over time. But initially it will be bigger than the current Safehouse.

• How will DLC content affect The Custom Safehouse?
    The Custom Safehouse will get upgrades as we’re updating the game, through DLC or otherwise. However, all content in the Custom Safehouse is free. So for example: if you don’t own the Yakuza Character Pack, Jiro’s Custom Safehouse content will still be available for free.

Character-based Safehouse content? I am ready for Bonnie's pile of whiskey bottles.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
It sounds much more like characters will have personal items/customizations for the singular safehouse.

Edit: I wouldn't be surprised if crossover characters didn't have safehouse stuff.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I love her hair. If she's appropriately excited for cop murder, I may have a new default character.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I'm continually pleased by Overkill seemingly doing everything they can to piss off entitled white male nerds with character releases.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

UnknownMercenary posted:

Goodbye Clover hello Sydney.

Literally me right now

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

clockworkjoe posted:

The real question: how enthusiastic is she about cop murder? I judge characters solely on their comments about specials they have just killed.

RandallODim posted:

I love her hair. If she's appropriately excited for cop murder, I may have a new default character.

Right there with ya, buddy.

Also I missed this before but holy poo poo it's amazing:

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Goons falling in love with obviously-damaged women? I'm shocked!

I mean Chains is an adrenaline junkie who pursues crime because he's convinced he's invincible and also has probably done war crimes (before the war crime dlc) and Dallas had a mid-life crisis and decided to get back into shooting cops to deal with it so it's not like the man heisters we fawn over are exactly well-adjusted and stable individuals, but that's not gonna stop anyone from loving Crimedad and his stupid sexy salt-and-pepper beard.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

watho posted:

Wolf lost his mind after seeing his company get bled dry and became a full-on psychopath.

Yeah but we've all been there.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Shima Honnou posted:

Wick was just a loving husband trying to get away from his past but no they had to drag him back in.

John Wick is the most exciting movie about a man relapsing into his self-destructive addiction in the face of personal loss.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
How long until the mod that gives Dallas Etebari's amazing suit?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

My very first thought watching my replay of a more involved level that just the first few was 'this is basically how you'd make Hotline Miami work in first person'. SUPERHOT is crazy fun.

But yeah, wait for a sale. It's not exactly $25 worth of material.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Discendo Vox posted:

While we wait,
Windmill Update!

<900 GL40 kills to go.
<150 Reinbeck kills to go.

I also managed to get the "GL40 Special Treat" challenge done. That one requires killing three special enemies with a single grenade, which is no easy feat in payday 1.

edit: I just realized that Bain makes a reference to setting up a diversion on "the Woodrow" in Slaughterhouse. That's a reference to this bridge, which is morbid as heck, given how heavily trafficked it is, and that the diversion is an explosion.

It could just be a very small explosion. It doesn't have to mean we killed people.

But also we blew up a whole bridge to get one dude out of a prison convoy so, you know

payday gang.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Doc Bags are planted by inducing fatal heart attacks in kindly old grandparents then tricking the paramedics into forgetting their supplies after arriving to find them DOA.

Ziplines are made from only the finest panda intestines.

Bain learns shutter codes by sacrificing a difficulty-appropriate amount of newborns to a lesser demon In exchange for them.

Bain uses the money from each infamy as kindling to burn down an occupied homeless shelter.

RandallODim fucked around with this message at 07:34 on May 11, 2016

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLgGVZ55gYc

you're welcome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Do skin unlockers still work? Been awhile since I've run any scripts because of the beta.

My totally legitimate Astatoz says yes.

Also, Project Phoenix currently glitches out all in-game sounds.