Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

It should come with 30 concealment guitar case mods for the Minigun and RPG.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Dec 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yeah you can just grind dozer kills on Meltdown now. Even without that, the G3 becoming an actual weapon worth using in the rebalance makes it a lot easier than before.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Elliotw2 posted:

I'd argue that the M308 is a DMR class, along with the DMR kitted AK, AR, and G3. The heavy rifles would be the SCAR for non-DLC players, and the FAL and G3 from the dlc's.

The only "heavy" rifles in the vanilla game are the AK.762 and the AMR-16, assuming you classify heavy as 80 damage.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Not to defend the rebalance but the M1014 is pretty good now with 000 buck. Also I don't think anyone has mentioned that the Judge has been virtually untouched as far as nerfs go, but also received the range buff. I thought the thing was borderline OP before but it is OP as gently caress now and amazing.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Manuel Calavera posted:

Does that mean sticking accuracy on a Judge is probably a good idea? Also, Ice Pick or Kunai? The attack delay on the Ice Pick was slightly annoying when I tried it once.

I always shoot for accuracy since the rebalance. Accuracy gives more leeway/range for hipfiring because of the awful stance multipliers. I actually think the HE Judge is less impressive post rebalance since they nerfed HE damage across the board, but a Judge without any custom ammo is pretty great. The range buff is basically a flechette rounds for free without any of the downsides, and increasing the pellet count to 12 makes multi-kills super easy. I was able to hold those sides rooms near the 2nd timelock on Diamond DW pretty much on my own with it.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Basticle posted:

I just built an AMCAR and it has nearly identical stats to my Commando. I cant tell if the rebalance was very kind to the AMCAR or if that just illustrates how much worse the Commando is nowadays.

A little of both. Stat normalization made most rifles hit 39.9, or close enough, which the AMCAR was never able to do. It also hits higher accuracy than it ever could before. The Commando also has much worse accuracy than before but the damage is roughly the same. If the Commando was made into a medium class rifle it would at least have the benefit of hitting 45 damage, which it couldn't before.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

At the very least let me put those mods on the AMR-16 and the AMCAR. The AMR-16 just got the Long Ergo Foregrip which does nothing extra except look ugly and have a lower concealment rating. And the poor AMCAR can't even use the receiver mods.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Laputanmachine posted:

I'd say the hardest part towards the end is getting out of the vault area to the escape sequence through the hellscape that is the front of the bank. Dumping the gold into the vents is easy, if time-consuming.

Nah, even then you can just wait for a lull in the spawns and make a run for it. The turret, if it even spawns, is such a non-threat. The only really dangerous part is being caught up on the stairs in the cafeteria. Most bad teams that gently caress up Overdrill (and aren't loving up the puzzle itself) waste too many resources in the first part of the map where it's still played normally. Once you get inside the regular vault and clear it out the spawns flip to the escape zone so it becomes laughably easy. I have no concrete proof but it feels like they've definitely toned down the spawns from when FWB came out because I have barely see any special units during Overdrills lately.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

From what I understand about Deathvox though it's supposed to use regular Overkill numbers and stuff so it would just be really tedious more than anything else.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

BillmasterCozb posted:

I have an idea

I call it Billmaster Coz'bs super fun assault wave

All cops make a cloaker's whirring sound, cloakers sound like bulldozers, bulldozers announce themselves as tazers, tazers make the clanging shield noise, and shields will now carry gun-skin modified weapons that fire faster than usual.

Also if someone goes down, the sound track changes to Donacdum

Where do I sign up for this?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I love this new achievement already even though I haven't done it yet.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Are they though? I know I'm speaking anecdotally here but pretty much everyone on my friends list that was against the skins (and largely more opposed to the rebalance) stopped playing entirely since Crimefest. I lost a lot of people that I could have invited to play with me; the people who are still playing and also have skins weren't vocally opposed to begin with and they sure as gently caress aren't gambling for them.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Broken-in MP5 skin. :sigh: At least I bought up every boost I wanted before Goonmod gets updated.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Your Judge lacks an American flag. Are you a Communist? :crossarms:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Stove touching at the highest setting is a fun time.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

You can now try the crit based Flamethrower/Minigun builds that redditors cried about with the release of stat boost skins.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

maswastaken posted:

I ran the flamethrower version just now. I cooked dozers.

I guess I'm just boring but that build didn't do much for me because I was resigned to using a gimped Bronco secondary. :shrug:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I thought it was still shy of 1 shots unless you had Underdog, even with the damage nerf? I don't think they changed any other stat on it honestly, maybe they fiddled with the ammo count. The real loser in the light sniper rebalance is still far and away the Lebensauger though.

And the Mateba is great. Honestly the only reason to even use the Bronco now is that it's free, or if you really want to gimp yourself with a useless one for 33 concealment.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Skunkrocker posted:

Wait, there are +concealment skins now? That sounds cool.

Not pay 2 dollars cool, but still pretty sweet for those of us who like stealth/dodge.

There were always +concealment skins, which were the ones that honestly were pay to win. You can just get the free +concealment boosts for the same effect without paying an exorbitant market price.

Psion posted:

was it? I could be remembering wrong. I threw the Repeater into my never to use again pile when the Lebensauger hit and threw it out when the rebalance hit.

also them loving the steakout and lebensauger and similar "I actually bought DLC for this you fuckers" guns is why I'm anti-rebalance but pro-make my own mods. Now if only I could fix Tripwire's similar levels of fuckup in KF2...

I think all the "light" snipers got normalized to that. Also just make a mod so that Patriarch spawns 100% of the time; that would be a good place to start.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

That's nothing; goons have been drawing dicks in pre-planning since it was added in Big Bank.

It's like with DNF where whenever people got to the dry eraseboard at the start of the game they just drew dicks.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Dr Cheeto posted:

This isn't exactly true. While cop health and headshot multipliers haven't changed, a more granular damage table means that the breakpoints have moved a little bit.

The long guide has a large table of all breakpoints (beware: the author assumes you have cleaner basic), but here's the ones you're probably interested in:

Overkill:
39.85 - tans dead in 2
79.85 - tans dead in 1

Deathwish:
36.13 - tans dead in 5
39.24 - elites dead in 3
44.98 - tans dead in 4
58.85 - elites dead in 2
60.21 - tans dead in 3
90.32 - tans dead in 2
117.93 - elites dead in 1
180.98 - tans dead in 1

And the really nice thing about the rebalance is that there isn't a single gun that goes below those breakpoints unless you're taking a Gruber or something with similarly low damage and putting the silencer on that has the biggest damage penalty. "Every gun is DW viable" always had a grain of truth to it but it's pretty much the norm now.

Wastrel_ posted:

Just finished Birth of Sky on DW and the enemy spawns are incredible, especially in the sewers. During our first failed run cops were literally spawning in faster than we could murder them. On the second, the distance to escape was mercifully shorter and we made it.

They need to rebalance the sewers portion, with this kind of spawn rate success/failure is essentially dependent on RNG in terms of how much distance lies between you and the boat.

For that map you really want someone with an RPG, especially for the sewers in case you get that really nasty triple Skulldozer spawn. It also helps for taking out Winters really fast because he will spawn.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

So, uh, increasing the Gage coin price of boosts has also made weapon mods cost 5 Gage coins. Was that intentional, or just a side effect of the boosts themselves basically acting like weapon mods in the game?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I also feel like this game is more interesting to play than to watch. I've recorded a bunch of raw footage for internet points and never watched it myself, but trying to watch other people play, no matter how good they were at the game, wasn't entertaining.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

It's just the RNG. Sometimes the basement has nothing because cop pathing is busted and sometimes it is swarming with cops because the basement door spawns are working properly.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yeah Big Oil never had the psychic alarms, you just had to kill folks fast enough before any loud gunshots were heard. If any gangsters fired their guns the neighbours would call the police. poo poo, it's been several months since they've made so even that no longer alerts the cops: as long as you have an ECM active you can go hogwild; the only way to go loud on day 1 is if you leave any gangster alive long enough to call the police (bizarre, isn't it?).

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yep, unupgraded ECMs. Might need more than one if your team is slow to sweep the map but Big Oil day 1 is way easier now.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

LuciferMorningstar posted:

If he knows how to work a Grinder build, there's no reason he can't learn to make it work on DW. There's no need to shove people toward ICTV unless they've made it clear that they can't make any other build work. And this particular individual seems uninterested in the slowness associated with ICTV.

He should be aware though that grinder isn't ez mode on DW like a lot of pubs assume it is. It is actually a lot more of a conservative playstyle than a rogue dodge build so in that sense it's not that different from an ICTV build.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

:crossarms: DW has been around a lot longer than perk decks have been, and suit dodge wasn't more than a weird gimmick until they introduced perk decks and the Fugitive tree.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

Does the AUG still have the arbitrarily reduced hip-fire accuracy or did they get rid of that?

Nope, and neither does the Peacemaker. For the most part weird stance modifiers like those are gone.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Today's the first time somebody was happy I blew up the lab in Rats. Myself and another 25-100 joined some low level pub hosting a pro Rats DW and we both made fun of him for bringing ECMs. His build wasn't amiss, so he wasn't just unlocking every skill and bringing ECMs for some stupid reason. Host went AFK while we were in the middle of the first cook and then the assault wave just mysteriously died all at once. When asked if he was cheating, the host responded that he was glad to have a whole lobby of cheaters. So I put in the wrong ingredient, insulted him some more and we both left. The guy probably has infinite offshore but it was fun to gently caress with him.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

You could get it to 32 IIRC, which was sufficient. It was still admittedly among the weakest of assault rifles.

It was DW viable before but you were handicapping yourself immensely. It's a lot more DW viable now, but the nerfed Clarion and Commando are still better. The unique boosts that the Clarion can have give it a lot more versatility in build options, and the Commando is still better simply because its lightning faster reload speed compliments the spammy, low accuracy nature of the gun. Too bad the Commando and Clarion don't have any dope rear end ASSAULT IN PROGRESS skins. :v:

isndl posted:

Cap damage from explosive sources a la Cat Burglar. Walk through tripmines and eat grenades without giving a single gently caress. :getin:

But then how can I troll assholes with the RPG?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

A minigun with HE rounds. :getin:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

It's beautiful. :911:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Elman posted:

Welp, I just reached lvl100 and suddenly realized Infamy 1 doesn't give you a real advantage (just +5% xp, no skill bonuses). It's gonna take like 40 more hours to get to my first skill requirement drop. And I won't be doing a full, proper build till Infamy V anyway :geno:

If they're gonna tie gameplay bonuses to prestiges those XP boosts should be much higher (like in Titanfall, where you got +30% each even though they were just for bragging rights). 5% each just feels like a grind.

If you actually want to grind to infamy 25 the boosts add up so much to the point where you get more out of the infamy bonus than from the heist itself.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

So, this happened today while pubstoving. Vox eat your heart out. Or is it Cheeto? Whoever here who worships the Long Guide.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Plan Z posted:

All Valve game skins are now useable in PD2.

Unironically would be okay with this if I can slap a Hyper Beast on my CAR4. I don't play nearly enough CSGO to justify buying it to use in that game.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

John Murdoch posted:

I'm not personally into the wacky antics stuff, so I can see why folks might be a bit disappointed with this, but before this we just got two fun, cinematic heists, so no big deal really. (And I didn't even buy the Point Break pack either. :ssh:)

Unless the Point Break ones don't count because ADVERTISING FOR A lovely MOVIE :supaburn: or whatever. I suppose it is a little strange to go from heist DLC to heist DLC, with both being tie-ins.

Maybe they realize that people won't be as willing to shell out for a weapon DLC after their major rebalance nerfed a lot of good DLC items.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Her name's Sydney.

I still want a Trenchgun and the M60. Maybe the UMP now that SMGs are literal pocket assault rifles - if the MP5 is gonna be poo poo in this game, the UMP better not be.

Also a quick browse of reddit and the Steam forums is pretty hilarious. So many loving salty nerds.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Grapplejack posted:

You might as well be vox now

Stop before you write 50 pages of design fanfiction.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Oh Steam forums, Overkill can never win with you. "This DLC gun is OP, loving pay to win!" "This DLC gun is the same as a base game gun, what worthless poo poo!"

Anyway, the new shotgun is nice even though it's basically a less moddable Loco. Sure it would be nice if it stood out a bit more but one of the suggestions being floated around is that this thing should do more damage than the Judge :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I'm getting crashes even with mods disabled. A quick look at the Steam support forum is showing lots of folks getting crashes without mods in this update.