Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

:siren:We Have Signs of Update:siren:

https://www.overkillsoftware.com/lockebreacher/

Timer appears to finish Thursday at 1PM UTC. Appears likely to be a classic staggered 3-day event reveal, so...

Thread contest

Guess what we're getting on each of the three days!
Day 1: Mandatory Disappointment.
Day 2: The .mp4 turns out to be a trailer.
Day 3: A harrowingly goofy Vlad heist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

There's one thing I can appreciate about this heist, it's how milestones in stealth and loud line up so well as the objectives are essentially the same. No all-or-nothing poo poo here.

Destroy the Evidence:
Stealth: Get a blank RFID tag and code it to open the evidence room, grab the evidence and flush it down the toilet/see if it will blend
Loud: Drill open the evidence room, grab the evidence and burn that poo poo in the middle of the office space with some lighter fluid from the maintenance room, keeping the cops off the sprinkler valve

Access the Cells:
Stealth: Re-code the RFID tag, open the armory and use the door breaker
Loud: Plant hacking device on the armory door, defend it, then use the door breaker

Release Drunk Almir Hajrudin:
Stealth and Loud: Fetch the Bolt Cutters from the maintenance room and use them on Hajrudin
Stealth: Then get a uniform from the locker room and give it to Hajrudin.
Loud: Then skip the disguise part as the alarm's already been raised.

Escape:
Stealth and Loud: Pick up the correct keychain and hand it to Hajrudin
Stealth: The loot drop and escape zone are now both active, provided you stay quiet.
Loud: Open the parking garage door and follow the truck up to where it's blocked off. The loot drop is now active and you must wait for a helicopter to grab the entire truck.

Edit: Another thing I appreciate? Vlad's Surprise is now canonically how we did San Martín Bank.

maswastaken fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jun 30, 2020

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

punishedkissinger posted:

Is there a list of which robberies can be done without having an endless army of police showing up?
All of the heists shown here are ones that can at least partly be done in stealth. Just a few things to note:
  • Day 1 of Firestarter is only stealthable if you're absolutely amazing at stealth. It's meant to go loud. The other days can be done completely in stealth.
  • Day 2 of Big Oil automatically goes loud at a certain stage. Day 1 can be done completely in stealth.
  • No Mercy also automatically goes loud at a certain stage but stealth skips a very huge amount of fighting.
  • Mallcrasher's not on the list but it can be done without alerting the cops - there's just no stealth bonus attached to it.
  • The ones in green must be done in stealth.

quote:

Just picked this up, any tips for a huge new?
All I can think of without going in too much detail:
  • Replace your crappy starting guns with literally anything else
  • Spend your skill points
  • Spending more points on the same skill gives you the Ace version
  • Skill respecs are free - experiment away.
  • Pick a single perk deck, spend all of your points on that and keep it equipped
  • Anyone can make a cop surrender as long as they're injured
  • Shouting at a guard immediately after they've been alerted will also make them surrender
  • If you're building to go loud, give yourself Resilence Ace, for the love of God
  • The XP curve gets nasty and as soon as Overkill difficulty is comfortable, never drop down

punishedkissinger posted:

Awesome thanks! It looks like I have the Legacy Edition. Should I be getting any of the more recent stuff?
It's not especially important. The heist DLC is only necessary if you want to host the heists - you don't need it to join.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

quote:

Breakfast in Tijuana - Fixed an issue where the player could open a door early on and skip several objectives
BOOOOOOOOOO

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Does the regular version work for you? One of the updates caused problems for a whole bunch of people, requiring all manner of solutions like reinstalling various VC++ redistributables and updating MSI Afterburner, etc.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

e: what does ADS mean on the skill trees in the Crackdown design doc?
Aim(ing) Down Sight

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

I guess they couldn't find more proprietary nonsense to blow $8.6 million and two years on.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

UnknownMercenary posted:

I'd rather have Goldfarb over Jules.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

ah, breaking feds. that... level.
More like Prankin' Feds.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Fellis posted:

I don't remember how much it takes to get to level 30-50, but I don't think it was much. This is just a dude playing with people who don't know how to play the game and refuses to explain anything just goes :golgo: in chat everytime someone messes up.
177,662 XP for level 30. About thirty solo heists on Normal doing the absolute bare minimum or like two carries on Overkill.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

bbcisdabomb posted:

One of the main reasons I quit Payday was I ran out of Infamy. Maybe more numbers going up will get me back in.
Vox was keen to make sure we were aware of what "D" is as a roman numeral. So if that's true, have fun I guess?

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Thing to note about Crime Spree that doesn't get mentioned often: Joining a high level one gives you much bigger rewards but starting a new one anywhere other than 0 is worse than pointless.

Other thing to note, not about Crime Spree: Anyone telling you Cook Off is an excellent source of XP is a fool and a buffoon. It just happens to be endless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebb7IV2EW34

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

what mods and hooks for the mods do people even use anymore
Hook: SuperBLT

Custom Asset Dependency: BeardLib

HUD: WolfHUD or PocoHUD

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

weekly font posted:

Anyone getting crash to desktop during loading on the new map? Mods busted again?
No but I'm getting crash on join without even generating a crash.txt. NFI if that's mods or not because it seems so random but I've stopped using them for now.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Max Wilco posted:

What was the main plotline resolution? Last big thing I remember was Bain getting kidnapped.
Short answer: Bain dies.
Long answer: Bain's body succumbs to the No Mercy virus but reincarnates through (presumably) alien technology and steals the identity of the (missing) president. The Dentist dies of bullet to the face and the gang retires insanely rich and slightly meme poisoned.

More recently, the B-team has been screwing with some cartel in Mexico at Vlad's behest as a thing that happens concurrently with the above.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

If only Locke was a wee bit more understandable.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_South_African_slang_words

You're welcome.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I don't mind that kind of thing in heists where failing stealth just means you go loud with a bit of a head start, but in Car Shop it's basically just "RNG to have to restart".
So most of the Silk Road heists, Bank Heist and maybe two others? Might as well have said stealth can go do one.

gently caress Framing Frame. gently caress Golden Grin. gently caress The Bomb: Dockyard.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

UnknownMercenary posted:

Balancing a game always involves nerfs along with buffs. Constantly buffing everything is how Payday 2 ended up the way it is now.
This. The game is insanely fast paced compared to its original form because of how high the damage output and sustainability of every gun is, how you can just stop enemies completely until they eventually die, how so many perk decks are more powerful than former gamebreaker Grinder. The game has to straight up rain enemies on you because of how easily you can just keep putting them down forever. Why are Minigundozers such colossal bullet sponges? It's so I can laugh in Infiltrator and one-shot them anyway.

DMR pickup is an extreme anomaly; the only weapon type where 100% accuracy and picking up every box was assumed, in a game where sniper rifles can casually multikill and still get better pickup.

maswastaken fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Feb 24, 2021

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Oh joy, flechettes are literally worse than nothing. If this isn't a sign of upcoming per-pellet damage, someone really doesn't have the slightest clue about that ammo. I run sub-10 accuracy shotguns for a drat good reason.

Seems like AMR-16 went from 1%-3.5% to 3%-5.5%. So, from Other to Medium/High Capacity AR?

Glad to see the M308 is also clawing back some of its usefulness. Another change from Other to Medium/High Capacity AR.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

they're clearly making payday 2 terrible so as to get people to move onto the eventual payday 3
I hear it would've been a better idea to give people any confidence at all in Payday 3's design, considering 2 went from a heisting game to a frenetic arcade shooter.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Wastrel_ posted:

The weapon rebalance is garbage by the way. I shot a guard with my fully kitted out Izhma at about 5m and he didn't die instantly and that was when I knew they had nerfed shotguns into the ground.
Was that one of the triad guys in Dragon Heist? The only thing I could find that would drop a pair of them quietly was a sniper rifle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

The correct approach to infamy is cheating and I'll hear no different.