Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Ayyyyyyy! Suddenly one of them is totally my jam.

Offline. Where I can't gently caress it up for everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Oh boy, here comes Shadow Raid 2: Electric Boogaloo
You hope; Shadow Raid can be rushed.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Zigmidge posted:

After so many hours, do you guys still stealth things?
In secret, when no one's looking.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

quote:

50% of the enemy's headshot multiplier is applied to the enemy's body with smg, lmg and rifles fired in automatic mode.
Does this mean what I think it means for bulldozers? Because I think it means they're hosed.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

I can foresee players bringing their 1 ECM and gimped ammo bag to stealth.

I can't foresee players really committing to loud with only half their gear, however.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

bbcisdabomb posted:

I'm shocked at how good the Technician trees are. I don't see Bulletproof or Shockproof on there, but that's not the end of the world.
Bulletproof is in Enforcer.

maswastaken fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Apr 1, 2016

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Someone better be backing those sounds up for after.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Hello again, April Fools sounds

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Why in the gently caress does Shockproof have to be luck based in its basic form?

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Skunkrocker posted:

silent drilling seems completely removed
It's in Hardware Expert basic.

I just noticed Cleaner basic is actually an OK skill. It's what lets you buy Spotter and Expert Driver.

maswastaken fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Apr 8, 2016

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

How many bags would a stealth bonus from DW Election Day save?
74 bags fewer if you include the fact you'd be level 27 by then.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

I can't seem to manage top 5 and bottom 5. Settle for 3.

Top 3
Big Bank - It's probably the music fitting the map, to be honest.
The Diamond - It's murder central.
First World Bank - It's a dirt simple job with some challenge.

Bottom 3
Transport: Crossroads - The snipers just seem especially obnoxious on this one.
Lab Rats - Up and down and up and down and up and down and OH poo poo THE TOWEL LANDING KILLED ME ANYWAY.
The Bomb: Forest - I'm not a fan of that giant open space with the wonkiest gravity.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Car Shop on Normal was the most fun Car Shop could ever be. Then the Longfellow happened.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Disgusting Coward posted:

I'm not up to speed with all the Payday goon in-jokes - is Death Vox just one dude posting his insane fanfiction for how he'd like Payday 2 to be?
Sounds like you're completely up to speed.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

I hope Payday 3 has giant stompy robots and lasers. And as for going loud...

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

I'm not sure I've got these right.

A Grinder: http://payday.drakendomain.net/?1=a&3=a&5=a&6=a&24=a&30=a&32=a&34=a&36=a&61=b&62=b&63=b&64=a&65=b&66=a&80=a&83=a&84=a&88=a&90=a
A Masterforcer: http://payday.drakendomain.net/?1=a&3=a&5=a&6=a&24=a&25=a&26=a&28=a&29=b&30=a&32=b&35=a&36=a&49=a&51=a&53=a&54=a&66=b

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

The friendly heist where nobody has to die.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

They can only be bought during Halloween if you've never gotten one before. Because bullshit.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

And if you don't take the skill at all, you save as many as eight points! What a bargain!

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

BlackCircle posted:

Hey quick Goonmod question. Since I was forced to restart my character I have none of my old mods which took me quite some time to get so I was wondering what file/files in goonmod I can modify to give me a bunch of gage coins when I finish collecting all the packs around a map?
mods/gage_coins.lua, the line that reads:
code:
ExtendedInv:AddItem(GageCoins.CoinID, 1)
Change 1 to whatever.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

CascadeBeta posted:

So why would you take anything from tier 4 of fugitive? Those skills all look terrible, and Frenzy seems like a straight up downgrade.
Berserker for fun, Trigger Happy and Messiah for poor judgement.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

They also moved Low Blow out of the dodge tree for some entirely inconceivable reason.
I think they said Commando was supposed to be a "defensive" tree.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Breaking news: aced Jack of All Trades lets you bring two of ANY two distinct deployables. ECMs/body bags? YOU BET!
Good thing it only takes 3 points to reach it!

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Fun beta bug.

If you have a secondary deployable selected, all your builds get to bring it.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

It's not just a duplicate. If you don't mind potentially locking Tier 1 Breacher forever, you can buy Cable Guy from Mastermind and sell it from Technician for more points than you paid.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

I'm a filthy copycat that only knows how to abuse Swan Song and Ace Uppers. You can abuse Swan Song and Ace Uppers too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v23KZA1-Qg

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Hardly anyone seems to be playing the beta so I've been trying to entertain myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoMVBb_sY1k

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Bort Bortles posted:

So I managed to install BLT and goonmod, now what do I do to activate Gage something-er-others so I can unlock weapon mods and whatnot? This is all new to me.
Options > Mod Options > Goonmod > Modifications

Check: Inventory Extensions, Gage Mod Shop, Gage Coins.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

Police can kick the overdrill, requiring it be fixed. Fixing the overdrill takes about 55 seconds. This is 10 seconds more than picking a safe.
I take it Kickstarter Ace won't work.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

That's shockingly good for a mask roulette.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Activating it triggers ECM Feedback. You're supposed to do it when it's gone loud and you want cops to hold their heads in pain instead of shoot at you.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

swims posted:

Does PC have level limit? Console does fwiw
Yes; pretty much every job cuts your XP if you aren't high enough level for it. It's a percentage based on how many 10s of levels the game thinks you're missing. At level 60+, none of the jobs do it to you.

swims posted:

Most I've seen a level 1 go to was 10 or maybe 11
They're not trying hard enough!

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Wintermutant posted:

The only thing with SAM is, didn't someone recently get banned from the official Payday group because someone noticed that most of their achievements had been unlocked at the same time, and reported them to mods?
That is a thing that happened. The lesson is as much "don't post on the steam forums" as it is "don't get caught".

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

I want invisible guns to go with the April Fool's sound effects. I can not find an invisible guns mod.

Pubbies had me cook all the meth for a three-man Kiss the Chef.
The host went on to complain that he didn't get the achievement. :suicide:

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

We encountered an interesting complication to our heisting fun today:

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Why? Why would you do that again? It's a slideshow clusterfuck!

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Use a silencer and panic never happens.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Bort Bortles posted:

I'll have to check what I have that on right now - what is the best way to find out?
Go into crime.net and see what has a plus on top of it. There's no other way to check without mods since you don't benefit from it at all if you use the contract broker.

Pocohud has a statistics tab (hit backspace) which just lists them.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

That bullshit took the player about 100 minutes to pull off. I'd rather Overdrill.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Renegret posted:

What's the achievement?
Oppressor
Finish the Bomb: Forest heist without letting any civilian flee or die, having at least five civilians in the heist, while escaping with the boat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Overkill's willingness to observe annual events dropped ages ago.