Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I guess if you play normal difficulty a lot both of those positions make sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

maswastaken posted:

Sure, when there's literally no variation in how the guards patrol and you can timestamp when to grab each sapphire.

speaking as the resident "I stealthed diamond on 145+ despite this theoretically not being possible" player, it's easy no matter what. the map layout is extremely forgiving.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Discendo Vox posted:

Though there is code for kills and going loud to effect the odds, none of it is implemented.

what's your source on this? I only ask because i read a code-reader post about that code and he didn't mention it wasn't implemented. not that I disbelieve, you understand. it is overkill.

also is there a nice one-stop shop for all the riddle solutions somewhere?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

well, it seems despite today's newspost saying they weren't removing them yet, they removed the sidejobs and thus removed the ability to get those mods without using coins. oops? heh

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

i'm not sure rejoice is the correct word, mas

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

"we said we'd make the h3h3 pack, we never said we'd make it good!" -- jules, 2017

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Explaining what Jules did right is a much shorter list than what he did wrong (the last two years)

For example, he

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

EorayMel posted:

Any news on Crackdown? Will it be integrated into the base game

it's not Wilko making it so no

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

maswastaken posted:

As I said elsewhere: "It is often viewed as a mandatory skill, so we decided to replace it with a gaping hole in your ability to get things done."

It's not like it's considered a mandatory skill because players need it or anything.

Exactly. Whether or not it's a good change mechanically doesn't change the logic behind that sentence being completely broken.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I've tried to make a joke comparing Jules' health inflation problem to the achievement problem in this game but it's failed to land twice so whatever

if the M1014 does not feature as the last achievement in the list in some way, they really failed on this one

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Either those guards need to move more often or Locke needs to get off my loving nuts for a moment goddamn.

Locke's whole deal is not getting off your nuts. For sure.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

is that for real

because i'm gonna suggest breaking the last literally 20 years of internet user experience is inexcusably dumb af if so

or is this all a nefarious plot to root out people too lazy to click links, because that also describes me

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Coolguye posted:

the double click poo poo was also on overkill's website where you 'hacked' into the fbi chief's computer

it was really questionable then too

it's been so long since I've used FBI files that I didn't remember that, but regardless of who did it: that's not questionable, that's outright wrong

in this instance i'd suggest a slightly less faithful rendition of Overkill's mistakes :v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

you can attach almost any stat modifier to a barrel so you could treat them like the G3 assault kit/DMR kit in terms of changing a lot of stats, and then whenever anyone complains just tell them it's better than whatever bullshit jules is serving up that day :v:

doing that would let people choose the visual model they want and get the performance they expect based on tier. I don't know any other plausible way to make them useful without turning one specific setup into the one true build for every weapon, but you're more up to date on that than I am. perfect balance is a chimera anyway.

UnknownMercenary posted:

In other news: 11 new achievements: "A naturally occurring crystalline inorganic solid with an ordered structure, it fits the properties of a mineral." Your guess is as good as mine :shrug:

First thing I thought of was a diamond, but :shrug: indeed

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jul 30, 2018

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Did it earlier today. Well, that's a thing.

At this point, I think it's important to remember how it all began.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

UnknownMercenary posted:

The coolest part of the secret was

yeah that was pretty good. What I appreciate most is that they got to go out on their own terms, however weird and dumb this plotline has become, they got to end it. That's still far better than how so many long-running games end which is "so the studio ran out of money and we laid everyone off and sorry, bye."

specifically, it was good they(ending / the secret spoilers) brught together a chunk of the cast one last time and made one last broke-dick piece of poo poo drill joke, the yacht name, and the butcher clobbering locke. All excellent nods to the fans. The "oh god we have too many heisters" ever-after text crawl was hit or miss, but I'm still glad they did it too.

Lynx posted:

The fact that Kung Fu Hector never made it into the game is a drat travesty.

completely agreed 100%

Psion fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Nov 5, 2018

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Gort posted:

Will say one thing for The Raid, it was good to not have equipment affect your stealth chances, and it was good that you could knife as many guards as you wanted without the alarm automatically sounding.

PDTH did this as well (did it first) and it made "stealth until you can't" significantly more viable than PD2 where the opportunity cost of a stealth build went way, way up as opposed to "bring a B9S in your pistol slot if you feel like it" or Raid's "who cares, use the knife"

that's really what it comes down to, the ease of a heist going from stealth to loud is directly related to the opportunity cost of a stealth build. in pdth the cost was basically 0, in pd2 it's huge. It is therefore no surprise the PD2 stealth experience is essentially a binary of "stealth or reset" instead of "stealth until you go loud"

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Tempest_56 posted:

Locke's a bit less understandable but he's got a lot more personality than "Guys, the thermal drill. Go get it."

look at this poor, sad individual who never used pocohud to spam that very phrase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

padijun posted:

$18 for one map seems high. I hope the brain game isn’t like this

yeah the bundle-for-everything price at 18 stands to reason unfortunately, given that the 6 month pass said they'd get two of these? and that was $30? so it's 15/ea ahead of time and 18/ea after. just the map alone at ten bucks is kinda :\ but I feel like this isn't a surprise, just unwelcome

I'd really rather see some balancing changes that aren't all tuned at making it even more annoying to play in both stealth and loud before they add yet more obnoxious enemy types, but hey what do I know.

CuddleCryptid posted:

Ngl it would be funny to have a ~hacker~ version of Rats where the person on the radio is feeding you commands to type into a computer and keeps loving it up

i'm 68.2% sure that's an array

no! wait! it's an object! poo poo, you didn't iterate over it did you?