Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
does anyone know if it is possible to mod the colour of enemy markers and the caution, danger text?

i use a nice burnt orange HUD colour but the reds do not show against it properly. if I could make it green or blue or something contrasting does anyone know how id go about that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i guess i am going to restart my game. been playing for 33 hours and cannot remember when i added the more armours mod. no idea where to go back to.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

The Iron Rose posted:

at 33 hours you may as well at least try and rush through to the ending. It won't instantly destroy your save. It just might after awhile. If you're lucky any corruption will only hit things entirely unnoticeable. I wouldn't use that save to 100% the game or anything, but there's no need to entirely abandon it.

well im not playing the main story at all. just having fun wandering so its no amazing loss. i can get the overseers guardian again if i need to. (that thing melts the beasties at swans pond and below the massachusetts state house!) so I guess no massive loss. it gives me a chance to properly start from the beginning with proper mods. i knew what i was getting in to

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
That pleasant ui mod is really good. I like the new layout of things it does.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Did someone say in the thread that Bethesda were looking to release the GECK for February next year?

If so, do you think there might be two versions? One for work on PC and one for work on consoles? Or do you think it will be one streamlined interface for both? I cannot remember if they said they were just going to allow consoles to use mods or actually create them.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Pwnstar posted:

It might just be a vanilla game bug. Sometimes when I go to make Vegetable Starch I can't tab out and have to reload the game.

I have had this happen quite a lot. Usually from hitting too many keys to try and back out of other menus. It seems to confuse the game.

I don't count it as crashing as it only occurs when I mash the keyboard like an oaf. Definitely user error for me.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

General Morden posted:

how many dicks can we put on this mister handy

A great thread title possibility. Reminds of me of the bethesda mod threads of yore.

I have spent a little bit of time looking at the Skyrim Creation Kit thing and how they make new rooms and stuff. It makes me very excited for the Fallout4 creation kit indeed. I've played a good number of hours and have been noting down places where I can remove boards and add new interiors.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

staberind posted:

Practically every group of buildings has them, they far outnumber the buildings you can enter, I'm looking forward to the kit to really open up the dialogue choices and allow for conquering parts of the map like a raider. or, indeed any faction, the Atom Cats may become so ticked off with the gunners attention that they decide to wipe them off the map.

Agreed, there are so many non enterable places. As it will be my first game mod I don't want to go overboard and make everything opened up. Just ones that look blatant or perhaps a little hidden. I might also try to add sewer systems to each of the main cities. If I get REALLY decent at doing it, and that's a bit if, then I will try to link the sewers too.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

On the other hand, I'd say there are a ton of enterable places too- Downtown and Cambridge are both big enough with enough marked and unmarked locations that it gets kind of maze-y. Not to say there should be fewer...but I'd probably look at the smaller towns/suburbs (not sure what Bostonians call them) to start.

I am definitely talking about the smaller places. Concord, Lexington, Malden and the like are where I had the idea. I'd quite like to make the places on the outer edges of the map be a bit more accessible. I feel like they'd not see as much destruction as a major city would.

I always liked the expanded interiors project from 3 and New Vegas. As well as World of Pain. I'm inspired by them!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Could anyone point me in the right direction for making an edit? I used to use a Skyrim mod which changed the text of the Loading screens into some silly wackiness. It wasn't amazing but I enjoyed it nevertheless. If I wanted to do the same to my Fallout4, does anyone know what I would have to do to edit them?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Inverness posted:

Use FO4Edit to create your own plugin.

Though I haven't edited them myself, I imagine the loading screen data is in an easy-to-find section.

Many thanks! This was a heck of a lot easier than I expected it would be. Now to write them!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Inverness posted:

I'm not sure how clear the documentation is since I rarely used it, but the basic thing you want to do here is:

1. Unzip the files and rename the executable to FO4Edit.exe
2. In your case, load only Fallout4.esm
3. Find the loading screen entries you want to edit, right-click and select "copy as override into...", then choose to create a new plugin.
4. Copy anything else you want to edit into your new plugin too before editing it.

Thank you for this, I muddled through a little and began doing it. I've rewritten about 10 loading screens so far. There are a lot but it is fun!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7610/

Good grief.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am a Mod.

Here to request that you stop taking potshots at each other over this weapon bug and talk about mods.

Not mods like me. Mods like the mods you get for fallout4 please.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Kimsemus posted:

It seems, with the GECK being so new still, that a lot of the mods that were earth shattering like the ones for Skyrim aren't out yet, and I think it's being further complicated by an angry modding community completely disgusted with the limitations being pushed in favor of console integration, and the lovely, entitled console community in general. Mod comments on the Bethesda store only confirm this, and I'm still using Nexus as a result.

I'm really interested in this, could you go into more detail?

I'm actually in the process of creating a mod based on my favourite mods from Fallout3 and New Vegas so anything that might affect it would be great to know!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
If you need more than three posts then it is OK. I cannot see that being an issue.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I will close this and give it a suitable fanfare when I return home. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779393
Please redirect all modding to here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsxhlRCFc8o

• Locked thread