Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I never expected F4 to be competently written seeing as it's Bethesda, but it's kind of amazing how little they seem to have learned from New Vegas in other respects. Did they not even play it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

LumberingTroll posted:

This really isn't the right thread for this discussion. Check one of the other two linked in the OP. You are more likely to find people that want to discuss the flaws of Fo4, and Bethesdas shortcomings.
Yeah, wasn't looking to start a discussion, just a general comment. To bring it around to being more modtalky though, I'm looking forward to the proper toolset being released so people can implement stuff that's missing. Hardcore mode seems like such an obvious thing to implement on release of an open world post-apocalyptic thing like this, especially since NV did it.

Also it might be out of the purview of mods to fix entirely, but goddamn do I hate the one-dimensional enemies Bethesda implemented. Super mutant areas being uniformly covered in gore and stuff is dumb as hell.

Anyway it's cool that modding is happening already, this is a good thread.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

staberind posted:

I restarted once as I got to about lv 20 having ignored the armor and weapon benches. I regretted that and decided to pay a little more attention to my perks.

now it looks like another restart is in order. ugh.
Well, at least I have SSEx now, so I can be a little more crazy with my settlement.
Just use a [spoiler]savegame editor or console commands if you need to change things around.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Blackdog420 posted:

any tits in the game yet? if not i'll check back in a week or two
No, the only birds in the game are crows.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

LumberingTroll posted:

Am I missing something? A DT of 5 means that it ignores any damage less than 5. nothing does less than 5, and all the armor in that mod has DT of 1 - 5
A DT of 5 should mean it deducts 5 points of damage from every attack. So yes, it'd ignore attacks that do less, but also weaken stronger attacks.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Saint Sputnik posted:

Didn't you hear? Canonically, according to Bethesda, the Courier kills Mr. House, but that meant the nuclear missile he was holding suspended in the air with the power of CHIM advanced technology slammed into New Vegas, reducing it to a crater.
This is a joke, right?

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Babe Magnet posted:

It's what happened to Morrowind after Vivec decided that this plane of existence was getting pretty lovely and hosed off to who knows where/when/why.
Oh yeah, I know the Morrowind thing. I guess I wasn't sure if Bethesda pulled the same thing with Vegas or if it was a joke, hence my question.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

The newer duct tape is a huge improvement, but like others said it's still gonna wobble if it's not taped closer to the head.

Personally I'd probably cover the whole thing in tape, no point skimping on it if you want it to hold.

E: Went googling for an image to give an example, this was the best I could find:

Basically, don't go with the single strips of tape like you've got now at all, but more of a covering like in this pic all along the hammer's handle.

Woebin fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Apr 26, 2016

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Rasmussen posted:

I'm looking forward to someone making an alternate start mod where you can be synth. It won't make sense for the story but who cares!
Anything can make sense for the story through the magic of implanted false memories!

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Weapon balancing is cool and all, and I'm gonna download your mos for my next play through, but multiple ammo types would be amazing. Yeah you can mod different ammos (like how the modular kalash handles things), but it'd be neat to have the ability to switch ammo on the fly. Have hollow point that multiplies damage and enemy DR so u armored targets get crushed, and a reduced damage armor piercing round to kill power armor. basically like how New Vegas handled things. The patch that made 5mm have an inherent DT ignoring attribute was wonderful and I wish F4 did the same.
I will seriously never understand why Bethesda just straight up ignored a bunch of the improvements FNV made.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Capn Beeb posted:

Well they kinda sorta actively sabotaged Obsidian so it's not without precedent.
Eh, the bonus contract they had is pretty much business as usual, as is insisting on using your own QA testers. I'm not saying it's not lovely, because it absolutely is, but that's a problem with the business at large rather than Bethesda in particular.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

That's terrible, with those tiny strings barely holding it in place it'll be useless.

E: I mean, I don't necessarily expect modders to know what actual human bodies look like, but I figure someone who cares enough to put rubber dongs into the game ought to own one or two of them for themselves.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

SeanBeansShako posted:

I am very happy to posts two new additions to firearms to the wasteland from Nexus. Somebody made a Mauser pistol which spawns in loot lists and on NPC's whilst somebody else put together a pretty good looking M1 Garrand.
It's an extremely disappointing missed opportunity that the Mauser can't be modded into a laser pistol.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Capn Beeb posted:

CBBE really is stupid for the most part but l o l at banning it outright. Can't have big 'ol titties in the headsplattery FPS :patriot:
Well the game's been rated for violence but not for nudity, and I guess if they distribute things that could put that rating into question through official channels there might be trouble.

Also it's just classic American sensibilities that sexual content is much worse than violence for some reason.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Mental Midget posted:

We're like 6 months after release, wouldn't it be safe to say that anyone who had even a remote interest in modding the game would have done so already on PC?
No, I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be safe to say at all, considering that New Vegas mods are still being developed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

SeanBeansShako posted:

You know, this one actually kind of works. If this can't be topped I'll just use that.
There are also plenty of eligible quotes in the thread you could use if you wanted to. Here are some ideas picked out from the last few pages.

Inzombiac posted:

Yeah but is there a Dogmeat butthole armor mod?

Saint Sputnik posted:

that rear end in a top hat took it down out of spite too.

Colon Semicolon posted:

yeah uh this mod is now hidden and i'm very angry right now.

graynull posted:

"This mod requires 'Rockin' Knockers 1.5.2', 'Butthole Blast 3.1' and 'Immersive Giant Clits 0.3+'"

Richard Bong posted:

try and explain why stealing mods is bad but piracy isn't.

graynull posted:

Now imagine how much fun this would be if all this stupid horseshit was monetized.

• Locked thread