Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

If you can keep a 1:1 while playing for objectives in the big maps you should be just fine. Having that go up will be mainly in learning good timings, flankings, etc. For example, spawns are in waves, so seeing people start to spawn in the y-wing phase is a great spot for an orbital. The spots people like to watch from, for example phase 2 sullust there will always be like 3 rebels by that one turbolaser, because it is out of line of sight from the walkers and there is an e-web turret by it. Stuff like that, maybe a good timing on an at-at or hero pickup can bump you up to 30-40 kills pretty easily, and even with 20+ deaths (because you're pushing objectives super hard and not camping one) you still have a decent ratio and probably top 3-5 on the scoreboard. Make some new hands to bring to different maps, jetpack is good almost all the time, but you could have an "indoor death hand" that you swap to when you're just inside that's like explosive shot+thermal det+barrage/impact. If they other team has some annoying people using homing missiles, maybe make a hand with smoke grenade for hoth so you can smoke+capture. Also remember that you can switch your main gun every spawn, so as the map changes you can switch that up too.

I've been slowly settling on barrage as my standard other card. Bowcaster is decent but the charge time is a bit wonky for how I play, maybe I just need more time with it. Impact grenades are essentially 1 target which I don't feel is worth it, thermals seem like a decent other option that I should go play more with. Barrage spreads enough that often I can get 2, and I only fail to get my main guy when I'm doing a long shot sometimes. Pulse+bounty is great for maps where you can put good pressure on control points from a distance like hoth and sullust, but endor I never use it and tatooine only for the first phase.

Bounty feels like the best trait overall to me now. The added utility/damage you can pull out is pretty great, and often feels more useful. I guess the rest of the traits are more defensive, and in general so much of doing well seems to be having a good offense instead. I can get up to trait level 3 on bounty a lot more consistently than on the others, probably because pulling a grenade or smart rocket is a straight +1 or +2 kills usually, and even the other options are good for a kill or distracting the enemies while you blast them. Scout is good on endor for rebels, lets you truck around and still surprise people, but rebels hardly need the help on that map. The other options (minus sharpshooter) aren't bad or anything, just they don't really help you survive a fight till higher ranks, while if bounty kicks in at the lower ranks it can be pretty huge, and at rank 3 the power-up+cooldown refresh is huge. I've yet to get bodyguard to 3 I think, how much does that reduce blaster damage by?

I've found that the multi-shot guns with explosive shot are really awesome. Probably the safest way to breach a door or other close quarters setup is to engage that and pre-fire as you round the corner. Impacts don't cover enough area to kill more than 1, and the other grenades take long enough that they're grenading back and/or falling back. Also the best way to kill heroes that I've found by far, just really mows them down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

Shock troopers have a t21, and the royal guard have like a beefy version of the rebel gun. Or at least I'm pretty sure it does more damage than the normal one? Also they both get a rocket that is twice as strong as a smart rocket, and a homing missile. Both those two are cooldown based. Basically they're great.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, the only one I was really at all disappointed with is Ion Shot (which naturally was the first one I bought). The damage increase seems really insignificant. I still use it against the AT-AT because every bit counts, but in everyday use against AT-STs and turrets it barely seems to make a dent.

Ion shot should 100% be in one of your hands when you play on sullust. It just tears the turbo-lasers apart, and moves it from "gently caress someone who took one of these powerups kill the turbolasers" to free points. Downside is they respawn in like 30 seconds or something dumb, and hunting charges is a bit annoying, but it is really satisfying to have the burst rifle and kill 2 turbolaser fuckers in 1 card charge. Also those things do a crazy amount of damage to everything, so killing them is the difference between maybe winning as imperials and losing both walkers in phase 2.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

I posted some words about traits earlier. I'm guessing you don't have access to bounty hunter yet, and just bodyguard, survivalist, and scout. Look at what you get for level 1 mainly, since you get that all the time. To rank up you need a few kills without dying (is it 2 or 3?), and when you die it ranks down. Bodyguard is 30% explosive resist which is pretty good since there are 2 damage types (blaster/explosive), and survivalist is a pretty noticeable boost to your regen time. By that I mean it kicks in faster, and heals quicker. Scout is really great because the rank 1 is the main thing that you want out of the trait, because hopefully if you're firing at someone you're killing them so no show on radar for that isn't important.

Scout is really awesome on endor, and pretty good on sullest/tatooine, but not really useful on hoth. In small modes scout is awesome, since the radar is much less noisy so people are more likely to notice.

Bodyguard is good if you're playing in more interior areas where grenade spam is likely to go, or if someone on their team likes to constantly homing missile you.

Survivalist is good to keep going in an area. What I mean is if you kill someone and are hurt, you're more likely to be able to quickly heal to full than otherwise, and at level 3 the 50 health should give you a nice boost to scamper away.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

The dishes can 1-shot people but has to be right on. The main point of them is anti-vehicle. If you hit the at-at in the weak underbelly you'll do around 5% of their health and get 75 points. at-st takes quite a bit of damage from them as well.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

I think there is some sort of cooldown before the can show up again as well. If anyone knows a list of hidden cooldowns on stuff that'd be really interesting to see. Stuff like bounty hunter reset and stuff.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

Well when something is balanced around the fact that you're not really expected to use it constantly, it sure is annoying. If I used explosive shot every single fight I probably would almost never die.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

The dl44 is a good pistol, but the 5-burst pistol can 1-shot people. If you use explosive shot you can take out groups of people super fast too. I'm really pretty surprised that I see no one complaining about that one instead.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

I'm still winning a good amount on imperials, but a lot more of it seems to boil down to who is getting the various vehicle and hero power-ups. For example a palpatine pickup right before the y-wings often works really well, since he is pretty quick to move around and can really mow people down. If you have people grabbing at-st and ties right as the phase is starting they can really wreck distracted rebels, or at the very least eat up a bunch of y-wing time as they are dealt with. A lot also has to deal with how aggressive your guys are interrupting lock-ons, most of the maps you should be able to keep y-wing time reasonably low if people are playing to the objective. If they have 5-6 y-wings it is pretty realistic to have the at-st/hero eat a good chunk of that time for most of their team, and if other people are making sure the radar dishes don't get to shoot much then you've got a really high chance of winning.

The other thing is imperials should keep a hand with ion torpedo's on it to spam at a-wings/x-wings (make it your first hand so your terrible partner can spawn with a torpedo if you can convince him). If your ties have the air, it makes it a lot harder to deal with a careful at-st pilot. Also as the phases go on it gets harder for rebels to get more ships back into the air, and if you've got a couple ties mowing them down you remove a lot of potential damage off the at-ats. If you've got the air won, they're really good at checking those back radar dishes and killing people on them.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

I don't think I've actually run into the invincibility glitch yet myself, weirdly.

On the topic of ion torpedoes, as someone who pilots and can dodge a decent amount they're super, super loving annoying. You don't have any good idea of how far away that poo poo is, and you're spending a decent chunk of time doing nothing but frantically trying to dodge. gently caress it up and that is about half your health gone. If like 3 people on the ground just look up for half a second every cooldown and fire one off, you're really working hard to stay alive, and if someone grabs a fighter token during any of that they're probably going to be able to close and mow you down. If people don't shoot at all, you and a buddy curb stomp everyone who tries to spawn in and then do strafing runs killing a couple people per and basically win the phase (since you'll really impact the effectiveness of at-st from either side).

Maybe you don't run with ion torpedo out by default, but keep that poo poo on your other hand, and if they're doing better in the air switch to it and just fire off shots every time you can. If you're rebels it is good for the at-st as well! If you're an imperial in the at-st, the #3 missile is a smart rocket so spam that poo poo at ships every time you can.

In regards to the balance on walker assault, if the teams are even the imperials have no chance on endor and a fair shake on the rest of the maps. If half your team is running pulse rifle because "there is always someone to kill with it" and hanging back and letting the rebels stack up the y-wings, your day is going to suck. Being super aggressive is a way better plan even if you die more, because the entire goal is to keep their y-wing amount below like 6. Good at-at, hero, and at-st usage will break solid rebel holds on outside points, while a vader or palp can break most inside points.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

You can't have all 3 of those at the same time. Also, when doing that well you're getting a ton of blaster kills if they didn't just get a good hero or vehicle pickup, which means they're just aiming better.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

Well the point I'm trying to make is that the biggest unlock is jetpack to move around quicker. Most of the actual kills aren't from card abilities, they're from stuff available to everyone from the start, just having played longer we know the map, power-up locations, etc better. The first things you get are a solid grenade, an alternate close range kill weapon, and the anti-vehicle weapon. Scout pistol out performs the dl-44 at close range, the thermal detonator is very good, and the ion torpedo should literally never leave your available options in the big map modes.

The unlocks aren't what are destroying the other team, it is the one guy doing good and the other team not knowing how to play against whatever he is doing.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

What, exactly, is the poo poo you don't have access to that is rocking you? About the only thing possible is barrage, which is good but not crazily better than thermal dets. Is it guns? A lot of the early unlocks there are really good as well.

There are balance issues aplenty that I'd love to see fixed, but the fact is that by level 15 you've got access to setups just as good as poo poo you get later.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

Yea that is how you'll see some guys constantly using scan and stuff. If you want to be a cheap fucker on endor you know what to do.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

Someone hit earlier on why they didn't really mind not having a server browser, and I find myself agreeing with them (basically server browser is kind of a hassle and then you have to wade through servers with poo poo options). A way to check ping before you commit (max ping setting please) would be nice, but that is about all I personally miss. Just like playing a round of cs:go, I just hit maps/gametype and wait for it to make a match.

Numerical team balancing would be nice, and a scramble if round ended too out of wack (imperials don't get to phase 3, or at-ats don't get below 75%, something like that).

Trying to do a more in-depth balance that is worth anything would be really, really hard. You've got how well people play on each map, how well they play with certain gun/card setups versus what the opponent does, how everyone else is playing the map, the number of players, and more. Think about games like dota or cs:go and how much work they put into match-making, and how it is often still way off.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

Explosive shot and the 5-burst pistol is the best room clearing setup I've found. Grenades are good if you've got an angle, but unless its the special pickup they're not going to really clear a room.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

Scan pulse seems like the best on endor, everywhere else I'd probably just spam explosive shot or personal shield. Maybe focus with machine gun for long range "sniping"?

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

In general I haven't had much of an issue personally. Endor is a poo poo-show any way you cut it so don't take that map seriously. I think I've seen a mass ditching on other maps only 2-3 times. If they put in a scramble function it'd probably work out ok, but then they wouldn't keep parties together and that'd suck even more. Being able to switch teams is much more likely to just lead to people hopping to the winning side or the map favored side as often as possible (see every goddamn game with team switching). Also is the comment about calling it "skill based" from somewhere else? I don't think I've seen anyone here say anything close to that.

The burst pistol/rifle are really good if you can connect with the shots, and terrible if not. If you expect more close range the pistol is better, more mid-range the rifle is. The T21 still works great for mostly ranged fighting, and if you're planning on plinking at people from any distance that should be what you use I think. I don't see much dlt (machinegun) use, but I think it interacts with cards really well.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

That is fair enough then, haha! I didn't pay attention to any of the press release stuff so didn't realize they claimed that.

To nasgate: shooting snow speeders mucks with the tow-cable mini-game, and crouch/zoom does *not* change your aim/spread/etc. The only real effect zoom has is changing your crosshair, so sometimes far things are easier to hit.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

Well it is possible that they try to match roughly even levels in. I see a decent number of people with upgraded cards, so they've got some sort of levels acquired. I also see a couple people with high level models opened as well, which goes with that. So maybe sort of a "team A has someone rank 45, we'll give team B someone rank 45 +-5" sort of deal.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

Um, Ion torpedoes actually go through shields so I'm not sure what you're on about.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

At short range I'd still rather have the Sec-14 or whatever, the 5 shot pistol. I like that much better than the Dl 44. You still get two shot kills with that too if you hit with both 5 shot bursts and it's got better cooling power.

It can actually 1-shot people too. If you're using the explosive shot it is also the best for clearing a bunch of people fast too. I've been settling on it for my favorite gun. Not using a long range rifle also helps encourge you to ignore sniping battles and play objectives.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

Yea it isn't great on hoth, but it is actually really good on the tatooine map, because that map has tons of close engagements and way to force close engagements.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

I actually re-watched the mr.plinkett reviews recently. I'm mostly just disappointed in the prequels anymore, and how hard they hosed up even the poo poo story they had.

Boba was cool because of Empire Strikes Back. He specifically gets called out by Vader, he's got his own ship, and he actually hunts them down. Sure in Jedi they offed him in a stupid way, but they also have ewoks and poo poo in jedi.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

EconOutlines posted:

Not in the interest of raging but until a few patches come out to even things out at least. What have you found to be the best ways to level up? Usually I just play Blast or Walker Assault.

Currently at Level 9 with 5 hours in on PC. Not sure if I'm that sucking that much or just being impatient however, most matches seem to have no teamwork along with a disparity between levels vs power.

TBH, setting up a mumble server on a VPS has been the best thing so far. My friends and I can at least coordinate.

The biggest thing you're missing is basically traits at 15. I'd recommend going with bodyguard, as you always get 30% explosives resistance. Not only will homing shot now not kill you (and impacts at level 2 trait I think), but a lot of incidental deaths to grenades or other types of explosive damage goes down.

The t21, ee-3, or se-14c are the 3 guns I'd recommend unlocking and playing with. T21 is good for longer distance fuckery and is especially nice on poo poo like hoth. The ee-3 is more of a mid range gun that can transition into close quarters, while the se-14c is close quarters but you could try to finish a distant target off still.

Like someone said fighter squad is pretty good, but another option if people are willing is to just take over the skies in walker assault. Between killing people who challenge you and doing strafing runs, you can rack up a pretty impressive score even without killing boatloads of people. Some of the smaller game types can be giving a nice per-map bonus even if they don't give as much raw score. I personally just ran a lot of walker assault, and played for objectives. Especially indoor areas, it can be pretty easy to rack up a solid kill count with those objectives on either side.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

To be fair the people that use the power-up cards probably have enough credits that they can actually afford to use up 15 charges a map without really changing how many credits they have around. As for actual cheaters, I've only seen a couple and I've played a lot more than you have.

Also they changed hero powerups from static spawn to replacing one of the normal ones. Vehicles are still set spawns though.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

Most of the actual imbalances are off of a map design angle I feel. Fighter squad is about the only setup where I feel that there are some legit "needs to be changed" numbers, mostly on hero ships and a-wings.

For general changes I'd like to see two things.
Hero power-ups should be weighted to replace nearer to your side's spawn. Having them be literally in the "can't go that far" area can put your team in a lovely spot.
Y-wing phase should have new spawns for each side. Having it spawn you inside a building and 5-10 seconds from being able to do anything is really lovely, especially when there is another spawn that would put you in a good spot. Maybe even a set of alternate spawn spots so one team can't just camp the hell out of the other side (first phase on endor a solid imperial team can take almost no damage from tons of y-wings. In fact, it probably is better to let them have a bunch of y-wings first phase, so they don't get as much time to collect for 2nd).

Most of the map issues could be helped by tweaking spawn/out-of-bounds/power-up locations/turret spots. Endor pretty much needs a camo pattern for the empire and more health on the walker, or a longer time for y-wing lock-on would probably be better. The sullust map needs to put an inside path on the right side of the map to the 2nd phase indoor uplink and the turbolaser respawn time increased. Hoth should probably have the radar dish spots tweaked so that you have less time to be hitting the weak spot on the walkers and have to settle for the normal hit. Tatooine could use something to help the rebels for phase 2 attacking, I almost never see any real damage done there.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

Metos posted:

They keep populating new spawns until they're eventually taken, they don't just appear in one spot and sit there. That's why sometimes you can be running at one and about to grab it when it suddenly disappears and becomes a regular powerup, someone on the other side of the map grabbed another spawn of it.

I like having to fight forward to get things like the AT-ATs, there's usually one easy nearby to grab and one you have to get up in the rebel's faces for. Gives you a proper goal, not 'oh I died, guess I'll just be an at-at now'.

I'm pretty sure it only goes away when someone else grabs one that is out. I'm also fairly sure there can only be a couple out? I've never seen more than 2, and I haven't seen one despawn without someone having grabbed one (they also just go away, they aren't immediately turned into a normal powerup). This is a result of moving away from static hero spawns, so now they aren't placed in a position of risk/safety based on the map, but random. Heroes can have a big enough impact that they should weight the spawn chances from purely random to favor either a middle ground or closer to the team.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

Milky Moor posted:

I also don't know if I'm just incredibly bad or my eyesight is terrible but I seem to be so much worse at this game than everyone else.

I'm not sure how people hit ground targets in fighters since I can't see anything from that range. I'm not sure how people kill me from maximum range on foot when I can't make out who is who at that range, much less reliably hit them.

On one hand, it's wicked cool that the rebels look like rebels and the Imperials look like Imperials. On the other hand, it really illustrates the importance of art design in a FPS - being able to immediately identify a target and so on.

So for managing grenade spam the biggest thing is to take the bodyguard trait. 30% less damage all the time, if you get a couple kills that steps up to 50% which lets you take an impact grenade straight to the face and live.

With air ships strafing the ground the first thing you do is shoot based on blaster fire you see, then you can look at places you know people are going to be running and just look for movement. Then it is just spray-and-pray because the fighter guns have good splash damage.

On foot at range is either a zoomed thing like a pulse rifle, or again if you're shooting they can see where you're at pretty easily. Depending on map again movement makes you stand out. Hoth is the easiest example of this, even the imperials stand out pretty noticeably against the static ground. Maybe if there was a slight snow or something they'd blend in like rebels on endor, but currently pretty easy to spot.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

Nasgate posted:

A-wings are already worse than tie interceptors. Arguably worse than tie fighters given the cost.

If y'all haven't noticed, ties lock on faster. And if there's anything that screws people up fast it's missiles. Imo fighter squadron is the best balanced game mode. The only problem is the falcon > Slave 1.

As for in point control and walker assault, the main problem is the spawns. They should be higher so you choose between strafing runs and watching out for incoming enemies. They should also balance interceptor and A-wing spawns. It's kind of insane that imperials get interceptors while rebels get snow speeders on hoth. And the a wings vs fighters in the beginning of tatoine makes the chicken walkers useless. This combined with the insanely good position of the jawa walker makes that one of the toughest signals to shut down.

The thing is, a-wing (and interceptors to a lesser degree) have a weird interaction with the soft laser lock and hitting the ship while flying at an angle so they're much more survivable due to shots just not hitting them. Add in a shield and you can pretty easily avoid most damage, and if you've got a 2 a-wings out it is really easy to blow ties off the other person while they're dodging/shielding. I'm not completely sure on turning rate/etc between interceptor and a-wing, but having shields gives you options for letting someone take laser shots at you without almost instantly dying. 2 ships approaching each other, shooting missiles+dodging+shooting lasers is going in the favor of the a-wing.

Imperials usually have easier access to tie powerups though. In fighter squadron this doesn't help, and just puts the rebels in a strong position from the start.

The lock-on sound is for lasers btw, and not sure what you mean by worse because of a cost.

On tatooine the key for imperials to win phase 1 air is that it is a lot easier for imperials to get all 3 tie tokens, and you have the at-st, and more likely to have good spots to shoot ion torpedoes at the a-wings. The rebels have 1 pretty safe token, 1 that is usually safe till near the end of the phase, and 1 that is risky almost right away.

If you want to use air on Hoth phase 3 you pretty much want to keep an a-wing or two from the last phase up the whole time. On the other hand, radar dishes can do 5%/shot to walkers and are available in all 3 phases, so the rebels don't really need more help.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

Well in walker assault it depends on the map. Hoth you should go with the burst rifle over any pistol for at least the first and third phases, and unless you want to stay inside all of phase 2. The rest of the maps you have the option of playing to a short range engagement, so taking a pistol and playing that style can work. Rifles are still good for most of the map/point setups I think. Burst rifle or t21 is a solid engagement tool for a whole host of spots that any of the pistols are literally worthless for, and still can compete pretty well at close range.

The machine gun suffers from needing a ton of headshots to have a decent time to kill, and depending on their gun and the engagement range there is a chance they can react and kill you before you finish them off. It does interact really well with explosive/ion shot, but I found the burst fire weapons also work really well with those and sort of front load their damage.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

Uh yea, if you hit all 3 shots you start out doing 63 damage. You don't need 3 bursts (assuming all bolts hit) until the dl-44 is needing 4 hits, somewhere around 35 meters. The dl-44 goes up to 3 hits at the 20 meter mark.

If you don't like the burst fire weapons, try playing t21. Up to 10 meters it kills in 2 hits, but shoots a bit slower than the pistols. After 10 it always kills in 3, and is much more accurate than any of the pistols.

I can't find anything about what a headshot does for damage, but I'm pretty sure it lets the t21 2-shot out pretty far with headshot+bodyshot. Same with all the quicker firing guns, I've found that having a height advantage to just get headshots in general kills shot a lot more. The laser shotgun is the most apparent, if I'm slightly above them chances seem to be much much higher that they'll die, and I'll be getting the headshot bonus.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

With a hard rushing style of play you honestly aren't looking to use a blaster rifle, I'd use the burst pistol or the shotgun. On any map but hoth you have places on most of the map where you can go to find engagements that suit that weapon type and playstyle. The rifles can work, but you're trading that mid-range fighting ability for a bit slower time to kill and not using the mid-range advantage you have instead favoring a fast rush with sprint+jetpack to a point. If you want to use the blaster rifle then you'd want to advance but not as close, and then shoot them down while they're at a lovely range for their close guns.

Interestingly, I feel sort of the opposite on heroes. Palpatine and Boba Fett are basically always good options, and Vader is good if you have an indoor area that needs taking. Leia is always good, Luke is usually useful, and Han is sometimes useful. Empire having the more mobile/aggressive options feeds into the game mode in a good way, as that lets you take a point and either camp that or let normal troopers hold it while you go somewhere else.

If I pull a palpatine and their hero is han solo I'm not worried at all. If it is leia I'm worried about the honor guard, and luke can be annoying but you've always got a solid chance to kill him. If you've got your troopers actually going with you luke probably doesn't want to even try to take that fight. In general palpatine is a lot of fun, your chain lightning thing 1-shots all non-heroes, lightning does solid aoe damage and melts structures. Shock troopers are great, because while they only have a normal t21 for a gun they have a souped up smart rocket and homing rocket on 1 and 3.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

EE-3 is better if you're engaging at a range, but closer up the se-14c can 1-shot people, and 2-bursts faster than it.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

Rob Haldorson posted:

Are you using explosive shot to get one-shots? I was never able to one-shot with the SE-14C without using explosive shot, in which case I'd be giving up my precious scan pulse charge card. =/

E: Using the link posted earlier I setup a comparison between the two: http://symthic.com/battlefront-compare?EE-3_vs_SE-14C

Seems like the EE-3 has the advantage in almost every category except for heat and damage drop-off point (begins further with SE-14C). Probably why I've been noticing better results. In any case, each person needs to play a few rounds with each gun and choose what best matches their playstyle, but it appears to me (if the stats on that site are accurate) that the SE-14C does not offer anything the EE-3 cannot, except for better overheating management.

That is without explosive shot. The base damage is 20 so if you connect with everything it should kill them. If you can get a head in there it will for sure, but even still it fires the bursts really fast, so you can make sure. Explosive shot is great for clearing indoor areas with it, you just poo poo out damage.

The heat cooldown on it is really nice too, it is something like 6 bursts in a row to actually hit overheat, but a half second pause basically cools it down.

Basically if you want to get close but not "in-their-face" close, use the ee-3. If you want to get in and brawl the se-14c is way better.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

The pistol is a 5-burst, the rifle is a 3-burst.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

Dunno, impact has never bothered me. The time it takes someone to impact you is longer than it takes to kill them usually and you almost never get more than 1 guy. If you're rolling bodyguard trait (which you probably should in any situation that you plan on being close in for) then there is a good chance that the impact won't even kill you. Not sure the base direct damage on impact, but I know trait level 2 lets you live through it, unsure about level 1. Also makes homing shot not a 1-hit, and reduces damage from vehicles.

If barrage does have a longer time to trigger it'll feel fairer, but it'll still be a really good option. Like it'll be more along the lines of the thermal detonator than the impact grenade, where both are good but for slightly different uses.

One thing they could do for objective points in walker assault is give everyone in an area points for taking an uplink, because as is only the first people gets anything. If they capped killstreak bonus and put some award bonuses around objectives in that would also help (award bonus can get really high if you're hitting a bunch of them).

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

So far barrage is even better at controlling points than before, and a bit worse at general killing. Color change for no-go zone is nice to make seeing enemy markers, and I've noticed some vehicle powerup spots being slightly different.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

I like some of the new spawns, but man it makes hoth really rebel sided. I think imperials really have to win the a-wing vs tie interceptor battle in phase 2 to have a solid shot at winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

Well with the maps not really balanced, giving you a random team each time would sometimes be really lovely. Static switching does mean that eventually with 5 maps you'd play each side, but like someone said you can't always expect people to play 10 rounds in a row. Also when they release the next map you have the old problem again. The teams don't seem to change too much between side switches, so you also get that feeling of doing better than the other team did, while 5 rounds later you don't get that.

Also seeing less charge card usage, though unsure if that is just all the spergs being out in the new map or the fix making people more conservative.

• Locked thread