Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Johnny FOotball
This poll is closed.
he owns 46 9.85%
John Football 86 18.42%
I love the elfish drunkardd 78 16.70%
In my dreams Football Johnny forever rolls right gesticulating and pump faking and lowering his head into clown rear end fools and he's got a good buzz on and he's throwing incredibly late to a receiver who's been open since the dawn of time and when he completes the touchdown pass he pops a bottle at the club and i wake up and i am Active in my Private Area 257 55.03%
Total: 467 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Ehud posted:

the first time I saw manziel play was against the gators, I think it was actually his first college game ever now that I think about it

A&M had just joined the SEC and this was their first game against a conference opponent

i remember watching him scramble around all over the place and poop all over our defense in the first half

i remember thinking "either we are dumb and bad or this manziel guy is really good"

i was right

That game actually made me think Muschamp was going to be a good coach. He made a bunch of adjustments at halftime that completely shut the offense down. At that point, the only tape on Manziel was from high school and I think one game against an FCS cupcake. I was happy because at the college level you rarely see such a drastic switch in strategy during halftime.

I also remember yelling at Driskel for scrambling around and running out of bounds 3-5 yards behind the line of scrimmage and not just tossing it out of bounds to avoid the loss. It was a lesson he would never learn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Hockles posted:

You know, I figured the hobo told Haslam to draft JFF was Johnny from the future, but I suppose that he could become this dude before becoming the hobo

Johnny Football is the real life version of that Heinlein short story where every character is the same person, just at a different point in time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_You_Zombies

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Morby posted:

I really didn't think Johnny Football had an alcohol problem at first. I just assumed ESPN was basically concern trolling about it because "OMG HE WAS AT A PARTY" was such an easy narrative to push and get lots of rage about.

Well, he went to rehab, so he obviously has A problem. I think it was interesting that they seemingly went out of there way to never specify why. Like they never said it was for alcohol, which typically means its for something else.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

DrunkPanda posted:

He should probably be doing some prison time, he's lucky if that's all he gets. Kidnapping, assaulting, and threatening to murder someone is pretty bad

In a twist he will get off, only to end up in jail for a double murder. It will be called a reverse OJ. Maybe Fiz can play Johnny in the FX series.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

effectual posted:

There's no hangover if you never sober up

Tried to find the video clip, but both on youtube cut off the ending so ibstead have some words over a picture:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Red squad right?

I didn't google that I seriously knew that off the top of my head. Jesus Christ I'm a nerd

Red Squad! Red Squad! Red Squad!

Also, there were three survivors, 1 whiny bitch crewman and Jake and Nog.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Probably Magic posted:

DS9 is the best.

While the Browns are, like, Enterprise.

Possibly Nemesis.

The Browns are that episode of Voyager that even the writers decided to pretend never existed becuase it was so bad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threshold+%28Star+Trek%3A_Voyager%29?wprov=sfla1

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

warcrimes posted:

It was poo poo and only got good after ripping off B5 with the Dominion War. Even then it ended stupidly with Sisko Messiah. Jesus.

Also, BAJORANS ARE PALESTINIANS, GET IT?

Ds9 is good and your opinions are bad. Also, I am starting to appreciate a Carolina style vinegar based sauce.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Alaois posted:

i'm convinced Enterprise was created and written by people with grudges against Scott Bakula and Jolene Blalock

I didn't watch Enterprise when it first came out and only caught it on Netflix. I thought the idea of a temporal cold war was pretty loving cool, along with how and why they developed the technology that you see in the chronologically later Star Treks, but the execution was so terrible.

I binges watch and expected sooooooo much.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

SmokeEater posted:

^^^ the ending was bullshit, though.

Agreed. Let's have the two least successful actors post TNG be the crux of the finale, with everyone wondering if Riker hosed them once the camera cut away (he totally did, see SA front page).

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

One thing I liked about the Star Trek TNG movies is how they kept on having to make excuses for Worf being back on the Enterprise until one movie they just said gently caress it as a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

AKMoose posted:

To get this thread back on topic, I have to disagree with Johnny Manziel's recent comments on ranking all of the TOS films--I have always found the "only the even numbered ones are good" theory to be reductive, and find all of the films enjoyable in different ways, with only V being seriously flawed.

III wasn't flawed, just dumb and boring as gently caress. Like, a single 40 minute of episode could accomplish what they needed to set up for Star Trek IV. Star Trek IV needed a set up, but it didn't need to be a full movie, especially that movie. Star Trek I suffered from the typical Star Trek fate, a great idea with terrible execution. Star Trek writers usually have great ideas, but somehow lack the ability to fully convey those ideas in a movie or show.

• Locked thread