Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Remember when the game was just a few battle clips and a mysterious red X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GxUMMGyZcM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

Sorry Louisgod, I saw one there that said the game has annoyances and so it actually will be the worst game ever and worse than two Hitlers.

Don't sugarcoat it. It'll be worse than 2.23 Hitlers.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I can't believe Xenoblade Chronicles X comes out on Friday. Feels like I've been waiting for it for ages.

Just remember that the first teaser for this game that we didn't even know the name of was published on Jan 23, 2013. That's almost three years ago.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I didn't even know who Hiroyuki Sawano was until I watched Kill la Kill, but ever since then I've been super hyped for his work on this game.

Regardless of whether or not I liked the show (I'm lookin' at you Guilty Crown), all the animes where I've consciously thought to myself that I really like this soundtrack somehow all ended up being Sawano's works. So It's almost a foregone conclusion that I'll like Xenoblade X's music.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Anyone know if they still have that super heavy accuracy scaling when you are a few levels above/below an enemy?

Also in terms of classes, anyone seen if one of them has Melia's dropkick? :v:

I believe one of them has the same name, but I don't know if it has the same animation.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Fallout 4 port confirmed.

Can you customize the parts/color of your robots in this game ala Front Mission? I hadn't even thought about that until now but that's a serious game changer if so.

I believe so, yes.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Farg posted:

im excited to play this game

:yeah:

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Not exactly accurate, but the point remains.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Is there a limit to the amount of normal missions you can get from npcs? I know at least there is a limit to basic missions.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I just saw an npc mention that the gear you get from monsters is from the dudes they ate. I'm glad that's clear now.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."

"Nailed it."

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Tender Bender posted:

What classes are y'all, I'm doing the dual gun thing and want to try out the sniper rifle branch when I get there. Its pretty cool. Kinda curious how the shield class and the fenced/galactic knight class feel.

I'm going with psycorrupter. I usually like playing support/debuff classes. I figure I can master that branch so that I can keep the knife with it's large number of arts when I start something else.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Tender Bender posted:

Thanks for the input... Might end up going galactic knight, I'm still undecided. Really glad you can switch on the fly!

Is there a grace period, like can you autoattack a bit in between arts, or is there any indication you combo'd successfully?

I haven't used these arts yet, but usually when you fulfill a condition like hit from the side the damage numbers have a pointy outline so maybe look for that?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I keep looking for that one probe in primordia weaving around a bunch of high level enemies before remembering that it's above me on that weird mountain thing and I don't think I can get up there yet. :bang:

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I just looked at the develop new equipment screen and apparently (maybe spoilers?) telethia parts are materials you can get...

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Saigyouji posted:

It's actually pretty easy to make Psycorruptors/Masterminds into really good damage dealers, since at Psycorruptor 10 you get the Core Crusher skill, which nullifies appendage damage from ether attacks in exchange for giving a 150% damage boost at max level. Combined with the fact that Masterminds get Black Butterfly, an ether attack that reduces ether defense, it can get kinda silly.

Is the damage boost just for ether attacks or for anything?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

So is subterfuge worth using? I'm not sure how effective debuf res down is.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I just got my very own skell, and it feels so great driving around and jumping over poo poo. :allears:

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Augus posted:

I really like how this game makes use of high-level enemies, which not many games do. A lot of my time has been spent trying to sneak around or run away from enemies that could easily wreck me in seconds. It makes the world feel really alive, hammering in that you've wandered into a hostile alien planet, (not just another land, but a whole different planet!") and everything around you is higher up on the food chain and wants to either eat you or kick you the gently caress out of its territory.

One of the things I really like about enemies level spread is that I don't really have to worry about over-leveling because there is always going to be something for me to fight. This one of my big problems in the original xenoblade, and I really like this change.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

katkillad2 posted:

The early bird sssssssssssMASHES the worm!

One of Shulk's soul voices is "Cheers mate, let's kick em around a little!"

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Just an fyi if you wanna try multiplayer stuff/get tickets easyish you can just cycle through squads by reselecting them and look for one with stuff complete/not complete.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Ciaphas posted:

I wonder if patching this with a less eye-searingly-small font is something we can really hope for. I haven't even started Ch4 yet but it's really getting to me.

That and Lin's incredibly disturbing face.

I don't dislike the faces as much as some people, but I did put some glasses on Lin. On a similar note, I will never take off my heart glasses for any reason.

Also, this water purification plant seems more trouble than it's worth...

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

TurnipFritter posted:

Am I supposed to actually be crafting weapons?

Also I'm not completely sure how to check what a piece of equipment's augments actually do.

It's annoying that you can't just check it easily like in xenoblade but you can look it up here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g0YR4M8RAHiRhCbAvV4tjXXHLEhRMrARzZMYAUGmyZ4/htmlview?sle=true

edit: just click on augments near the top

Also:

Sam Faust fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Dec 9, 2015

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Neddy Seagoon posted:

One thing I call bullshit on about that; if the Lifehold's power slowly depleting is a secret known only to Command and Squad Leaders, why the gently caress is it being shown on the side of the biggest building in town?

My assumption is that they weren't expecting it to be an issue before they crashed and don't want to try turning it off in case something breaks or people get even more suspicious. Although that is still stretching it quite a bit.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

U-DO Burger posted:

gently caress you, giant deer that inflict Sleep nonstop in Oblivia, stop aggroing me when I'm killing a Tyrant :argh:

That Tyrant wouldn't happen to be a pig that's always asleep would it?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

Yeah they're either part of one of your quests or squad tasks.

Squad tasks have a different symbol. It's a grey S.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I think I've underestimated how useful destroying appendages is. I know about getting more drops, but I forgot about them removing certain attacks. I should probably pay closer attention to how enemies attack to choose what part to attack first.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

horriblePencilist posted:

I don't care what anyone says, I love the Ma-non. They have the best animations, quests and all just want to have a good time.

I don't mind them, but I like the bug dudes a whole lot more.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

enojy posted:

I want to actually contribute to killing the squad task mobs of any given hour. Is there a way to determine what and where they are besides stumbling upon them?

Hold R and press L.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

"Oh excuse me, Just having a laugh here with my new friend Beelzebub, Lord of the Flies."

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I know the main story missions took a hit in depth/length compared to Xenoblade, but I really appreciate all these affinity/normal missions that really round out the story. It's like they made the game centered around colony 6 and made it worthwhile.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

AfroGunsou posted:

anyway, whats the difference between the "___ attack up" and "___ attack boost" effects?

Attack up is a fixed increase while boost is a percent increase.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Story question but I just designed the flight module and can zip around and whatnot. The characters all talk about how it's science fiction and this is the first skell flight and whatnot but uh

Weren't skell's flying in the intro? That hero one especially. Also in chapter 8 I'm fairly certain Marcus's Skell flew

Weren't they in space in the intro? Anti-gravity is supposed to be the big science break-through I think.

Edit: I think that is also why the human AMs have lovely gravity resistance.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Unlocking the extra AMs in X probably has some of my favorite story moments from both X and the original. I mean I was not expecting one of them to be an extended Back To The Future reference.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Speaking of spooky gnosticism, Is there supposed to be some sort of meaning in the fact that they're using artificial bodies? I just finished chapter 9 so I don't want spoilers from beyond that, but I am curious if there is some religious significance that flew over my head.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I need to find out how to get more AMs

I got one optional one being these tall lanky guys called Orphieans or something like that but that's it.

One of them is from a Lin and Elma affinity quest that I think is in the Barracks, and the other is in the Industrial district but it might need a basic mission to start. The last one I don't think you can get till chapter 10.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

bloodychill posted:

On the flip side, that quest where you race that one lady up the mountain in Primordia and she meets the Ma-non is totally :3: and ranks amongst my favorites.

I just finished the inter-species prone marriage and I thought it was really cute. In fact, most of the friendly prone quests are pretty good.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I just did Nagi's second affinity quest, and the dude just turned off his anime inhibitors. :allears: I really like this game.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Not a Children posted:

Just realized that Lin wears a Monado hair clip

This game owns bones

A fair number of the suits in the game also have a Monado design around the left part of the collar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

GreenBuckanneer posted:

There is also literally a collectable that references the bionis and the mechonis as something old and primitive statue and no one knows anything about it.

Prone also have had tales of telethia for at least 10k of their years (which may or may not be longer or shorter, given that they say 10k suns which could mean 10k literal sun lifetimes, or years)

They say it's not a sequel, but it sure feels like it's in the exact same universe and places it in the far flung future.

There's also a quest that implies a nopon might have met someone who gave them mira itself? maybe I'm reading that wrong.

I don't remember who it was, but some nopon did mention a legendary frontier village.

• Locked thread