Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i love xenogears and was lukewarm on xenosaga. loved xenoblade. looking forward to this.

got the special edition on preorder, what am i getting in it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Inflammatory posted:

why would you preorder a special edition without knowing what was in it

i knew what was in it

the contents of the box seem worth 30 bucks to me.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
the shred is strong in that song

i wonder if they double checked all the engrish to make sure that everything in the lyrics jived with what they localized names and stuff too, or if the songs don't mention anything related to the game

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
is there music slider in options for butt rock haters?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
could this be the beginning of a brave new world of proper xeno games

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Sakurazuka posted:

Holding out for a Xenogears remake where they actually finish the game properly.

geez i gave up hope on this so long ago, but... there's an ff7 remake, star ocean is getting a sequel, and xenoblade comes out this friday.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

The Taint Reaper posted:

I have on good authority that the pre-sales to the game are pulling Zelda-like numbers.

Sounds like they should start making a third game.

wait, which Zelda?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Levantine posted:

I am going to call everything in the game what it is called in the game I am playing because that is what everything is called.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
is something awful ready for lin the potato

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
it really depends on what the alternatives are and how she jives with the play style i end up using

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

The Black Stones posted:

Edit: Anyone can feel free to add me, I just don't like mass adding myself.

same, also on the list

e: removed it till i can verify what my nnid is

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Med School posted:

Got to wait till i get off work to play :negative:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Got my nnid entered in finally

bout to start playing

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
character creation is pretty good, better than expected. music is cool for it

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
turns out I entered the wrong name in the spreadsheet lol

games good, Lin is a much better character than I anticipated

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
drat everyone is way further than i am

i just got done finding the actual potato

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i always just look at what the stats will be after equipping it and discern if i like that new number or not

is there some other thing i should do?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
guess i gotta start playing with the gamepad so i can use the map. too bad its not available with the controller

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Fhqwhgads posted:

I might be in the minority here, but I absolutely love the fact that my map is on my controller at all times. I've always wanted that kind of second-screen functionality when playing games like this.

it just seems like a waste to have a wireless controller i always have to have wired into the wall. its not a complaint, i like the idea of having the map, but i hate the gamepad's poor design for battery life

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
btw if your character doesn't have the xenogears x on their face then you're very disappointing

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
get out of the thread, lin

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i feel like i'm a million miles behind everyone else, but...

how exactly is exploration level calculated? what do the icons on lit up squares mean? i assume a check mark or a golden icon on the tile means i've completed the relevant quests in those hexes....

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Terper posted:

Oooooh mdididi, ledabah lalalalaladehgo

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
ONE TWO THREE FOUR

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
I really appreciate taht they found a way to bring xenogears platforming into this game with good combat. I just finished chapter four with like 20 hours of playtime, looking forward to getting my skell soon

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
please change the thread title to : xenoblade chronicles - i lament that i did not know whether to cut the blue or the red wire

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

ImpAtom posted:

With a little more polish it would be the GotY and frankly the only reason it isn't to me is a combination of the weak plot (which I could ignore if not for the flaws) and the nagging design decisions scattered throughout. It reminds me a bit of Demon's Souls in that the core of what is there is so strong that I can look beyond the obtuseness in a lot of places. It's worse that Demon's Souls in that the obtuseness gets in your way a lot more and the game is significantly more complex in a basic 'play this' way.

being on the wii u doesn't help this, either

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Suspicious Cook posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles X is the best RPG to ever not have any characters.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
ONE

TWO

THREE

FOUR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro