Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Obama only has one more 9/11 to pull off a 9/11

How many until America gets a free sandwich?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

SedanChair posted:

I don't think you'd be so comfortable with this vagueness if somebody other than Obama was doing it.

If that's the definition anyone wants to go with then they will find a good lot of boots in unexpected places.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

pathetic little tramp posted:

The Global Energy Balance Network, the group funded by coca-cola to tell kids it's a-ok to eat a lot of junk food and eat a lot of sugary poo poo as long as you balance it with exercise, has disbanded:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/anti-obesity-group-funded-by-coke-global-energy-balance-network-disbanding/

But lol if you think this is going to affect children's health education one iota:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/12/obesity-exercise-energy-balance

Basically kids are getting this poo poo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay0dnLeCGGw

And getting taught that literally all there is to weight loss is to just exercise for 100 calories for every 100 calories you eat, completely ignoring whether those calories are coming from fat, whether there's a balance of the right nutrients, etc.

The girl scout handbook in the Mother Jones article is pretty bad and you can see that the prevailing lesson these kids are learning isn't so much to be smart about their energy intake as it is teaching them that they better consume a lot of food in case they want to be active. It doesn't mention energy stored in fat, nothing about weight, nothing about the different rate at which calories burn, it's a mess. It advocates snacking between meals to "keep your energy up" and advocates such great ideas as "you need to be active for 60 minutes a day but that doesn't need to come all at once, you can do little spurts throughout the day."

You wonder why kids are getting fat in the United States of America, it's because your curricula are all based on this 1936 way of thinking about exercise.

That and microwave pizza being equal to a vegetable serving doesn't help.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Luigi Thirty posted:

“I think it’s especially important for young people in Chicago—where we see so much corruption, cronyism, and nepotism—that they learn how to make change within large organizations,” Tim Meegan, a veteran social studies teacher at Roosevelt who supports the student-led effort, told WBEZ on Monday.

RIP high school social studies teacher.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Riosan posted:

Every so often, that question to Palin about what sort of newspapers she read pops into my head, and I just sit back and smile thinking about her answer. It really boggles my mind how any VP nomination ever could have said "all of them." :allears: Lovely.

I'll bet she reads all the Terms & Conditions too.

She's Levar Burton's dream pupil.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

I am the very strategic placement of the word "may".

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

zoux posted:

So they just had swords sitting around in mid 19th century America?

Of course they did.

Now authentic Japanese steel on the other hand...

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Fried Chicken posted:

Do you not?

anyways, after that anecdote about Lincoln, here's one about Christie

Jesus, what has the GOP come to? You know, I don't like them, but I still want to see the party recover if for no other reason than eventually they will win again and I'd rather the country not burn to ashes as a result. Eisenhower wasn't that long ago guys.

Here, have a really good article about struggling southerners trying to organize a Chinese factory in Alabama

That was an interesting read.

I recall during my holiday back in SC a bunch of billboards in North Charleston went up for Boeing urging employs "Don't sign [union cards] without knowing the facts!"

Hopefully it catches on.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

zoux posted:

Why would radical Muslim terrorists attack a disabled services center?

It wasn't the police saying it, it was the police repeating a witness description.

And gently caress it wasn't even the police saying it, it's a poster saying that they heard on the news the police from the witness say they heard someone say it was a guy with a beard.

Oh there's a poster, there's a poster, there's a poster that said they heard from thenews the police from the witness from San Bernadino the suspect had a beard.

There's a poster that said they heard from the news the police from the witness from San Bernadino the suspect had a beard.

Oh there's a poster, there's a poster.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Raskolnikov38 posted:

TFR hugbox delanda est

This wouldn't have killed so many people if the gun clips couldn't hold as many bullet shells.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

DolphinCop posted:

do you mean gun clips, or gun magazines? answer in the next three seconds or be deemed too ignorant to be trusted with devising new gun legislation

e: god drat it you were already making that joke, my bad. anyway tfr posters suck

You mean like Guns & Ammo?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

FourLeaf posted:

Jesus christ 14+ dead?

Cool now we'll be guaranteed another sincere and heartfelt Obama speech that will likely have no effect on anything.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

zoux posted:

Traditional terrorism would be petrol bombs flung by Bolsheviks.

Are we forgetting Tsar Alexander II?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Dapper_Swindler posted:

no, thankfully.

they are truly scum.

probaly. My guess is the Fed will make an example out of them to discourage more retarded poo poo like this.

Why are they using snapchat?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

DeusExMachinima posted:

We need to close the interstate loophole by instituting a federal assault weapons ban. But you can still get pre-ban clipazines even then and it's not like someone about to go out in a blaze is gonna care about maxing out the credit card so we'll need to enact confiscation too. Random checks of gun owners' homes like they do in Australia might turn up a few unaccounted for clips after the law's passed.

The correct term is "bullet cubbies"

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Epic High Five posted:

I prefer to keep my bullets in a clipazine cozy that I got off etsy. Keep your powder dry AND nice and toasty!

It's a good thing.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Heard Obama responding to the San Bernadino shooting on NPR. He just sounds so totally exhausted and dead inside trying to make a statement.

"These shootings are unparalleled in any other country on earth. They should be rare, not normal." :smith:

To be fair it is like 12AM in Paris

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

sparatuvs posted:

Sam keeps getting away with it.

What?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Dapper_Swindler posted:

sam hyde is like the joker, man.

its a chan joke.

Well if it's a joke you fooled Bill o Reilly s twitter.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

JT Jag posted:

The windshield wipers are still working on that car, good craftsmanship

It looks like a Ford so I doubt it.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

A Winner is Jew posted:

Ford's are actually quite good now.

I'm incredulous.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

LogisticEarth posted:

It's actually a Chevy Tahoe I believe, so rest easy.

How's it still standing then?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Witnesses at the earlier shooting mentioned 3 guys with long guns fleeing in a black SUV soooooo...

Do all black suvs look the same to you?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

JT Jag posted:

Clearly it's three separate lone nuts who happened to carpool.

Glad to see the Paris Talks are making a difference

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Loucks posted:

Edit: The narrative that in the US terrorism is defined by the color of the perpetrator's skin is really stupid and wrong. This is what I'm trying to communicate.

Yeah but he used a bomb.

How can common everyday gun owners be called terrorists?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Epic High Five posted:

This is going to make it less likely that they get their wish, not more likely

Which sucks e abuse theoretically the best time to push for gun violence reform is precisely right before the next shooting.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Samurai Sanders posted:

Even after everything that has happened since then, I can't believe that worked.

At first I thought that was the one with the volunteer deputy that shot a suspect on the ground in cuffs in Oklahoma.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

euphronius posted:

Yeah exactly. it's really depressing.

There have already been some small scale backlashes against individuals after the Paris thing, and even candidates calling for internment camps. Can't imagine a domestic incident would deescalate things.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

How are you in some wat shocked the NY Post would gin up hate and fear?

Please don't associate gin with this terrible tragedy.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Edit: Nevermind

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Radish posted:

Whatever just fire up VATS which has the Badguy in red then shoot at his head with 95% accuracy.

You and I both know none of these people put more than a couple of points into firearms.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Radish posted:

I was gonna say that they just need a high perception rating but WELP...

Radbot posted:

Their firearm skills are off the charts, it's the lack of PER and AGL that's gonna be dangerous.

Yes, they are all very special.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I think so yeah; generally the statistics show that having a gun, generally, increases the risks of being shot in any altercation as it tends result in escalation.

Why don't they just shoot the gun out of the assailant's hands?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

ayn rand hand job posted:

theres no firearms stat in fallout anymore

I haven't touched the new one yet. Last one was New Vegas.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Joementum posted:

Quote of the morning, "Never let someone negotiate with the Iranians who’s never bought a car" ~ Lindsey Graham, on John Kerry.

Actually I've found the best way to get a fair price on a car is to do research, visit several dealers, find what you are looking for and what you'd be willing to let go for it, compare costs, tell the seller what your research shows, give them your budget, ask for their best price, never step in their office or give your contact information until you are ready to purchase, and try to buy at the end of the month when their back is against the wall. If the deal isn't satisfactory you leave and go to another dealer.

Except in this case I suppose we've been shopping for the past 40 some odd years.

I mean I suppose you can try "negotiating" but more often than not I've found whatever benefits they provide tend to get eaten up some other way.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

fknlo posted:

Just sounds like stuff a good American citizen would have laying around their house to me.

It's a testament to American DIY where you can get whatever improvised devices you need from your local Home Depot or Lowe's.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

toanoradian posted:

Isn't that Cliven Bundy? Is there another one like him that actually shoots up people?

Aside from Cessna guy and whoever strung up that tax agent some years back? Can't recall exactly what happened with the latter.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

TheDisreputableDog posted:

But maybe he just snapped one day, went home, put on body armor, make up a bunch of IEDs real quick, grabbed his wife, set up go pros, and shot everyone up. It is a mystery.

Yes because "he just seemed so mild mannered" has never been uttered regarding any workplace shooter.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

mcmagic posted:

Well we have statues of slaveholders all over the place in Washington! Why not War Criminals?

Hwy 1 is still named after Jefferson Davis all the way to the Potomac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Joementum posted:

Consistent. Graham's always said we need partners in the region to fight with the thousands of US troops he wants to send.

We don't?

:iran:

• Locked thread