Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

these people make me sad. they are just sadbrain fundies who are scared shitless because they bought in to some angry fuckfaces tirade on the radio. I feel bad for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

yeah sure it will go to wounded warriors. i loving doubt it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Aerox posted:

The usual response from the more hardcore evangelicals is that stuff like 9/11, Hurricane Katrina, etc., are that they're intentional acts of God, because he's punishing America because we're so bad at being Christian. Rubio's answer is weaselly enough that the evangelicals will see it as a wink and a nod to what they believe, and know that Rubio can't REALLY say that because of all this gosh darn political correctness.

See:

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2007/august/24.55.html
http://www.salon.com/2015/03/31/fox_news_contributor_says_911_was_gods_punishment_for_abortion/
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2008/04/23/22152/hagee-katrina-mccain/
http://www.ethicsdaily.com/fundamentalists-view-hurricane-katrina-as-gods-punishment-cms-6269
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/23/pat-robertson-natural-disasters-middle-east-peace_n_3641433.html
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/glenn-beck-japan-earthquake-message-god-follow-ten-commandments-article-1.117860
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/01/13/haiti.pat.robertson/

these clowns are realy not any different from the westboro nuts. they just dog whistle it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

one of the police scanners said they were middle eastern looking. scary if that turns out to be true.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Trabisnikof posted:

hahahahahahahaha

yeah doesn't matter even if it is true, but yeah middle eastern and bearded is what a witness told police.

true. but it could be ISIS related or inspired.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

zoux posted:

Why would radical Muslim terrorists attack a disabled services center?

because its an easy soft target with vulnerable people insider. it would inspire fear that no where is safe and all that sad poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

zoux posted:

An ISIS attack in the US is probably among the worst things that can conceivably happen right now and I'm deathly afraid of what would result, which is probably why I'm emotionally inclined to be skeptical of reports calling it Islamic terror.

I dont blame you at all and I agree. It will be a horrifying shitshow if these dudes end up being ISIS nuts. who knows who it could be. untill they are caught or more likely killed we probably wont know.

what makes me think its not your average mass shooter, is the number of people and the fact that the made a so far clean break. most american mass shooters just kill until the cops show up then top themselves.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Dec 2, 2015

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

OB_Juan posted:

Can Vishnu produce a birth certificate?

he probably has several.lol

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Anchor Wanker posted:

It's a loving nightmare scenario. Like man, I've got a horrible feeling that an attack is inevitable and we're just counting down the days before we shut out the refugees and throw all our Muslims (and probably sihks) into internment camps.

It loving sucks being too young to get booze.

this. it would be the ace in the hole for some conservatives. they would push for even more draconian mesures against muslimes/refugees/browns. trump already said today that we should get rid of Rules of engagement for terrorists (kill human shieds,bomb without specific targeting,etc) and target their families as well. and other right wingers have said similar. i mean these fucks want to arrest the ACLU. http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/michael-savage-arrest-aclu-leaders-and-declare-it-terrorist-organization sure it could be some right wing miltia nuts or some hosed up kids who want to be Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold and shoot all the "ree rees" but idk.

if these dudes end up being ISIS inspired or trained. its loving over.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Dec 2, 2015

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/__HIGHHEF/status/672171029297426433
oh gently caress. the shooters might be here.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Dusty Baker 2 posted:

Wait are you there?

no, thankfully.

JT Jag posted:

All the media in the comments asking for permission to use the video

they are truly scum.

Zeroisanumber posted:

The feds will tell them to eat poo poo.

probaly. My guess is the Fed will make an example out of them to discourage more retarded poo poo like this.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/MarkBoster/status/672180612900327424

cops are heading their in mass now. i am pretty sure its real. hope that little baby made it :(

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

sparatuvs posted:

Sam keeps getting away with it.

sam hyde is like the joker, man.

its a chan joke.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Pohl posted:

NBC news just said that the report that one was in custody is incorrect.

According to them 2 are still on the run.

what? jesus, how many of these guys are there.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Scott Forstall posted:

graphic photo of maybe the guy pulled from the car?

:nws::nws::nws::nws::nws::nws::nws::nws:
https://twitter.com/KinseyFox10/status/672213195398905857
:nws::nws::nws::nws::nws::nws::nws::nws:

i dont think thats a guy. i might be a girl. i kinda see a bra and a tramp stamp.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Loucks posted:

I am so glad most psychos don't know how easy bombs are. The body counts from these shootings are nothing compared to one dude and a truck.

Big win for lovely public school science education I guess?

Depends on the kinda of bomb i guess. the truck bombs and poo poo need a ton of material to build and most of that material is monitored by fed/state authorities espcialy if bought in mass amounts.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

yeah, I am sure this is going to end well. especially if they were ISIS inspired.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Grouchio posted:

If these shooters worked for ISIS, would this doom the Democrats election?

possibly. its not going to help. especially if obama or the left say something stupid. if i had been a massive bombing definitely. the right isnt exactly helping themsevelves though. if they go full racist/bigot, which i am sure trump and cruz will do. then they will definitely hurt themselves more.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Bullfrog posted:

The stupid-as-gently caress part about it is that everyone was saying the suspects were white because they appear to pass as white. But then once the name comes out, that all falls apart and now the right is crowing about the shooter being "Muslim, not white". Just goes to show how constructed the concept of race really is.

People are already calling for a refugee ban.

I am sure that will escalate to a "deport all muslimes/middle east/Levant people" soon. i can see trump and cruz pushing for poo poo like that.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Trump already wants to put them in camps! :toot:

thats just the Mexicans/anyone that speaks spanish.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ComradeCosmobot posted:

As if you couldn't stoke Islamophobia even hotter, Farook was "very quiet" and "flew under the radar", and recently returned from paternity leave. (:bahgawd: : If some normal unassuming Muslim can do this then they must all be evil!)

EDIT:

As if that wouldn't get overturned by the courts within a month as violating that holiest of amendments, the 2nd Amendment.

but don't alot of those fit the definition of most mass shooters.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Bullfrog posted:

So how do you guys deal with Islamophobic friends, acquaintances (or even worse) family? I feel like we need to start pushing back HARD on people like that, even on the internet.

The accomplices are easily the most confusing part about this. Maybe there's some personal vendetta which includes family? The fact that they were so well-armed is strange too, or maybe not since this is America.

Depends how you push back. a decent amount of people victim blamed charlie hebdo when the shooting happend, which did the left no favors.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Joementum posted:

Hey guys, Fox News found a Southern California law enforcement pro to comment on this.

who is Fuhrman?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

SpecialK2 posted:

Racist OJ Murder Trial cop

oh jesus. Fox has to dig the bottom of barrel.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

is the brother in law wearing Kojima glasses?

zoux posted:

It sucks CAIR has to do this.

indeed.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

That can't possibly be the Furhman I think it is.

yep it is.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

I realize they wanted to get ahead of this, but they shouldn't have called a press conference when things were this hazy, this is a loving poo poo show.

of course it is. it looks bad unintentionally too.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

see thats the kind of poo poo that makes me think it wasnt just a run of the mill spree killing at work. If it was that, he would have came in with the pistol or AR and shot a bunch of people, then mouthed the gun when the police showed up. he wouldn't be wearing tac gear with his wife with bombs and an escape plan. then again i could be wrong. i mean they left their not even a year old child behind so they could go shoot up daddies office. i mean maybe its a Charles Starkweather type thing. but part of me things they may have been radicalized and just work as a target of opertunity/plus personal motivations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Joementum posted:

The amendment fails 47-52.

We now move on to the Cornyn (R-TX) alternative to the Feinstein (D-CA) amendment. Feinstein's amendment prohibits people on the terror watchlist from buying guns. Cornyn's version instead adds a 72 hour delay to the purchase.

that will probaly be voted down too.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Joementum posted:

They both were.

wow. gently caress everything.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

Rand Paul says the solution to ISIS is to "monitor people who speak Arabic."

what exactly does paul want. he seems to be against "da evil government spying" but he wants arabic speakers monitored.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Vertical Lime posted:

It was just announced Obama's making an Oval Office speech tomorrow at 8.

drat, i wonder what its gonna be?
I assume its either war on ISIS or new surveillance poo poo. more likly it will just be "now is the time we as Americans come together" stuff.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Dec 6, 2015

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Aerox posted:

HOW IS JEB! SO BAD AT THIS!?!??!

https://vine.co/v/iWPBPK2UpgX

still surprised he is doing lovely. then again the party that raised his dad and brother to power is pretty much gutted and bonned by the nuts they through red meat too.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Phone posting so I can't post it, but Dyed's father gave an interview with a Italian paper La Stampa which was translated by the Times of Israel.

In it the father admitted he knew his son followed and supported ISIS' leader ideology and became 'obsessive' about Israel.

He also said that he tried to calm his son down by telling him that he shouldn't worry about Israel because the world powers would not want the Jews there anymore and move them.

I found the the article which the text confirms so it's more than laughing it off as slander by the Times of Israel.

Under this context it's harder to feel sympathy for this family with their repeated pleas of ignorance. Also his father sounds like a class act. Now it makes more sense as to why they picked their sandy hook truther lawyer.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/san-bernardino-shooters-dad-he-was-obsessed-with-israel/
pretty much. I can believe some of the family dont know. I would like the think the Kojima glasses brother from the press conference didnt know. But its starting to sound like the dad and a few others did or least sorta did. what has the sandy hook lawyer even said so far? i saw some parts about how they dont believe the goverment that this was a terror attack.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

http://news.groopspeak.com/sen-graham-goes-off-script-and-tells-the-truth-about-the-republican-party-video/

Graham went off about the GOP outreach issues yesterday.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

do these people even know what Marxist means? and that trump was parodied long before his political maneuvers

zoux posted:

Here's a video of a retired Lt. Col. and current Foxnews guy calling the president a total pussy.

White House repsonds:

what do they want. do they want the US to drop a couple of thousand troops down there and have another war in iraq? I mean i think they are stupid fuckheads, but i wondering is airstrikes and spec ops is going to be enough. If we have to play world police, i would rather do it under a liberal then whatever the GOP puts out.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Combed Thunderclap posted:

I say give it to both BLM and Trump. Both have been on everyone's lips, and "it doesn't have to go to a good person" is great and all but giving the man more unadulterated publicity without some kind of balance is insane.

Speaking of which...Trump Calls On U.S. to Bar Entry to All Muslims for now

well. when is he gonna call for deporting them.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TheQat posted:

tomorrow, probably

i am honestly kinda in shock.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

zoux posted:

Carson's statement manages to be somehow even more unsettling:

Also

and so it begins. So when will he start demanding a muslim free america. and who will be the Von Papen of the GOP that bends over for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

QuoProQuid posted:

Trump might actually bring back the Know-Nothing Party.

Jesus Christ

tea party is basicaly that already.

• Locked thread