Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Boots on the ground.
Boots on the ground.
Lookin' like a fool with your boots on the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Oracle posted:

You've forgotten outright refusal to accept claims from any source they don't consider legitimate. I have a Boomer-aged cousin who rants about this poo poo on Facebook, I linked him to the state dept's briefing on the whole process and he dismissed it with 'we all know the government's been lying about this give me PROOF' and when I asked him what sort of proof would satisfy him, I got no reply.

So yeah, its not just not fact-checking, its not accepting any source that's not Rush Limbaugh or the likes because 'they all lie' or 'are just a liberal/Democrat mouthpiece.'

I loving hate that poo poo.

Like, I don't think its a big deal to kind of dismiss some of the bullshit salon.com, huffingtonpost.com, or whoever has put out there sometimes, but when you can post a few articles on something that all prove the same loving thing and these assholes still dismiss it? gently caress that.

Where the gently caress is the critical thinking that hmmm maybe the source of information that handwaves everything else on the face of the god drat planet as lying maybe maybe isn't being very loving truthful in the first place?

I can't tell you how many times I up and roll my loving eyes at the dumb poo poo I've read on these liberal websites. But you know what? I don't walk away from it still thinking that everyone else is the liar.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Fried Chicken posted:

Dogge thread is real

Post dogges

Pette dogges

Thump! posted:

:agreed:

The GiP Dogge thread is better than the whole Pet Island because it's nothing but dogges being dogges.

Dog.

It is called a dog.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Mr Interweb posted:

This must be an issue of conservative word play at work here, cause don't right-wingers constantly bitch about birth control pills? That was one of the reasons they went after Sandra Fluke so hard.

I think the whole thing falls flat on its face as a seriously absurd attempt at reframing the issue because:

What liberals are even complaining about conservatives wanting to ban birth control pills?

The only things I've ever heard is that liberals complain about access to birth control being so lovely.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

This country is such a loving piece of poo poo sometimes.

I mean, this is the kind of loving poo poo that you'd think just about everyone would be up in arms (no pun intended) about asking their government to fix this bullshit. Stop making it so easy for fuckers to murder dozens of people every loving week or so. Do something. This is loving outrageous.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

what

what the gently caress does this even mean?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

If you're going for maximum terror, you shoot up malls, 'main street' type areas with a bunch of diners/bar patrons/pedestrian traffic.

Shooting up a disabled services center sounds a bit more targeted. For what? I dunno.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Listen. I'm really sorry guys, but unless we have concrete information about what in the actual gently caress, we will never really know.

And I'm not even trying to be a smart rear end. I just can't fit what is known with anything that makes sense.

CommieGIR posted:

Expound upon this.

The other BLM, Bureau of Land Management, and Cliven Bundy.

edit:

I really can't fit any of this together for terror or workplace violence. I really cannot reconcile any of the facts.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Why is it so easy for bad guys to get guns?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I have had a lot of vacation this month and as a result, this thread seems to be moving at light speed. I haven't heard Trump talk in forever, but whenever I read article headlines about what he's saying: I'm getting more and more of a Morton Downey Jr. vibe from him.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I'm telling you. Trump is like the Morton Downey, Jr. of this election and it is loving scary.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Hulk Krogan posted:

Isn't part of oral arguments that the Justices throw out a bunch of arguments for the attorneys to respond to, or is it sort of understood that they're arguing their own point of view and just using briefs and such as sources?

I guess but this is one of those things where its pretty obvious Scalia is throwing out an argument he wants someone else to agree with.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I used to watch my home state's official college football team (The Ohio State University) fairly often, but now I only care if they're in the championship.

Overall, it should be really obvious that College Football is complete poo poo since there is such a huge loving disparity of talent that you pretty much have to be undefeated to be in consideration for a championship. Actually, that is only partially true. It also takes into account how badly you were able to beat lovely teams.

fade5 posted:

I can definitely understand, I got burned out on watching Criminal Minds; it just got so depressing after a while.

I make fun of my wife all the time because most of the shows she watches are murder shows. Yea, technically they are crime procedurals, or whatever the gently caress. Some are more serious than others (Hawaii Five-O and Castle), but they all start out with people dying, and maybe even more people dying before the end of an episode.

At one point in the late 90's/early 2000's, I wondered if the amount of murders in all murder shows that took place in New York were actually more than the people who were actually murdered in that same town. I'm pretty sure the statistics don't bear that out, though.

Doctor Butts fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Dec 14, 2015

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

rkajdi posted:

And don't forget strength of schedule. Now the committee will gently caress anyone outside the power conferences out of a bowl bid even if they undefeated. Not only do schools like Alabama get a huge recruiting advantage, they get losses forgiven by playing better opponents. At this point it basically turns the whole thing into a popularity contest, where most teams are locked out before the first snap of the season regardless of record.

This poo poo is just loving terrible. gently caress the whole thing.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

What a lovely hill to sled/die on.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

shrike82 posted:

Im not sure why people here are still trying to spin the muslim terror attack as a workplace mishap.

I still think the best explanation is a couple of extremist Muslims might have been planning something bigger, but got so pissed of at a holiday party they decided to shoot that up instead.

I mean, in that vein: still workplace violence.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Gail Wynand posted:

No but I've met multiple people who do and talked to them about these issues.

Gail Wynand posted:

And you think that the campaigners against them are noble guardians of the public interest free of any personal biases or self-serving motivations?

I just think it's unfair to go after Airbnb when they are far from the worst actor in this space. Compared to Uber, they are saints.

:lol: at this point its everyone else's fault in this thread for assuming you'd argue in good faith after you've revealed that any other facts are figures are worthless when up against what some dudes who work there told you.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Why was there not the obvious follow-up question: "But are you a witch?"

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Paradoxish posted:

Maybe it's just because political discussions are a pretty normal thing in my family and there's no risk of anything "blowing up," but I find this kind of attitude really disturbing. Like, political discussions are important. Politics are important. Arguably more important than most things that most people spend time worrying about. It's important that people don't just sit in a bubble, whichever side of the political aisle they happen to be sitting on.

My brother is a climate change denialist, regularly likes and shares poo poo from Carson, Secede or Die, Conservative Country.

A lot of his shares consist of meme pictures calling liberals retarded.

The things he's shared have been so close to the edge that our 70 year old aunt posted something like "oh my I didn't know you were racist".

He's so far deep into it that political discussions are pointless because he deals with facts that don't exist.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Looks like 2015 was a great year... For gun sales.

I might be getting one. And if I did, I might get a CCW (but never carry).

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Joementum posted:

Kasich's opponent in 2014 was already a weak candidate who then got caught in a car with a woman who wasn't his wife at 4am, at which point the national party pulled its support.

Ed FitzGerald failed to get a god drat loving driver's license for over a loving decade. Yet still drove with temps and learner's permits. Yea: he had a learner's permit while he was building Amero-Irish relations in a dark parking lot.

FitzGerald also loving managed to only be in his actual loving County Executive office all of fifty-loving-three days out of an 18 month period after he was elected to that position.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Sounds like his mom is a lovely enabler, too.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

To put it in a proper light: they're not just talking about recent articles. They've closed the comments section for almost every article about Tamir Rice. Whether it was about the trial, the family, or any of the protests going all the way back to when the story broke.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

gently caress. I work downtown tonight.

At least its just the shoreway so far. It's worthless now that they've lowered the speed limit.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Cops closed e9 completely down to the 71/90 exit

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Bunch of cop cars speeding around wtf

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Protests broke off of e9 went down Ontario and are in front of the Q

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

ANIME AKBAR posted:

Hey is there a twitter channel or facebook page which organizes this stuff? I want to get on board tomorrow but don't feel like wandering around public square like a dumbass, tia

I have no clue.

I was working downtown last night, that's how I knew what was going on.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Didn't see it posted here yet, but the biggest :iceburn: of the month has to be the following:

Preterm Cleveland Ohio posted:

Can someone please inform the protesters outside Preterm Cleveland that they can protest the actual murder of an actual child all they want downtown today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

hangedman1984 posted:

Isn't that what they're doing???

Nvmd: thought they were referring to tamir rice protesters

Yea, its Anti-Choice protesters outside of a abortion clinic. The Tamir Rice protests are still happening downtown.

• Locked thread