Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

quote:

“I read his book, and I was just awed,” Mike says, referring to “Gifted Hands,” Carson’s book about his rise from impoverished child to world-famous brain surgeon, in which he describes a God who answered his every prayer, no matter how urgent or mundane — from taking away his anger to giving him exam answers to locating his passport. “He believes there’s a higher power.”

“He has to have a higher power to do what he does,” says Toni, who saw the movie version on a Christian TV channel. “Anybody would know that.”

I wonder if they know what apophenia is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

zoux posted:

You guys acting like we don't have forums for anime, insane racist soldiers and gun nuts.

You're kind of kidding yourself if you think ADTRW and GIP are that level of bad. Yeah, you have idiots permeating them, but you generally don't get Reddit level poo poo without it being stamped out.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

a shameful boehner posted:

"Bro-kered Conven-tion!" *clap clap clapclapclap*

I want to see something like a mirror universe West Wing Season 6/7 convention where Walker or Kasich or one of the other fuckheads who already dropped just randomly throw their hat back in the ring after the first convention vote becomes a clusterfuck and fails to elect a nominee.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Thump! posted:

Nah, I've got two brothers in the Army (anecdotal, granted). They'd be just dandy with tossing all of the Muslims in America into internment camps. Most of the Marines I knew are the same way.

The Navy is probably the best of the bunch, and ironically the most effective at actually "defending" ARE FREEDUMS.

I'm trying to find the Pew article I read earlier in the year, but I believe it fell something like the most liberal branch was the Navy with a 48%/52% Lib/Con split and the worst was the Army with a 35%/65% split with the Air Force not far behind. Marines were surprisingly liberal mainly because there is a comparatively high percentage of minorities but still fell way behind the Navy.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

PhazonLink posted:

Has Christie tried to defend the honor of- oh right I forgot he's a kids table candidate. Who cares. Also it's the primary, got to say the craziest poo poo.

Also also NPR has been saying something about Christie making noise in NH Primary. Does this matter?

I think it has to do with some major NH right-wing rag endorsing him. But to answer your question, no. No, it doesn't.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Local news is saying there's no confirmation this chase/shooting has anything to do with the earlier shooting.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

THE BOMBINATRIX posted:

I guess Voldemort was just a huge pussy then?

It isn't even an apt comparison because we already have a Voldemort in Rick Scott.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Bip Roberts posted:

"I am the law."

That's still one of my favorite Onion videos next to the Shrieking White-Hot Sphere Of Pure Rage.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I hadn't watched this since 2012 and Jesus it's scary how accurate this turned out to be

So grows the orb! :black101:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Just popping in to tell everyone they should watch the new documentary on Netflix about the '68 Vidal/Buckley debates and the political landscape surrounding the GOP/Democratic conventions. It is fantastic (and depressing as hell considering this all happened 50 years ago).

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Yup

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

:stare:

That whole back-and-forth with the judge is just...:stare:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

:pray: Pleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease!

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

smg77 posted:

I think you'll be surprised. Obama was bad for them but Hillary will be unbearable.

Yeah. The biggest difference is (as it has been said many times in this thread), Obama dislikes the GOP greatly for what they have done over his presidency. Clinton loving LOATHES them, and they know it. She is going to openly and gloriously poo poo on the GOP every chance she gets over the next 9 years.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

theblackw0lf posted:

Clinton ally David Brock (who is on the board of her SuperPAC Priorities USA) is preparing for a Ted Cruz nomination, and thinks him, not Rubio or Trump, will get the nomination.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/hillary-clinton-david-brock-attack-ted-cruz-216694

Personally I still think it's Rubio, though I've become less confident recently

edit: looks like James Carville and maybe even Bill are also thinking Cruz

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/hillary-clinton-trump-rubio-cruz-216516#ixzz3u3KpJVNr

Wait. Carville is married to Mary Matalin? :tizzy:

The gently caress...?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Joementum posted:

It's Happening *waves arms*

He's going to shave it off by New Years.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
What bothered me most about the debate last night (from both an ideological and linguistic perspective) was the resurgence of the phrase "hate us for our freedom(s)."

I get the primal urge to just punch something whenever I hear that loving phrase.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

What the gently caress did I just watch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Random question: Anyone have the link to that Youtube video of a goon asking Hillary her favorite Star Wars movie?

• Locked thread