Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
lol pretty dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
Timberwolf on my team went rabid and shot me in the back. I had to put him down with 4 SRM6s to the back HELL YEAH

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Captn Kurp posted:

Someone in here mentioned Griffin + SRMs so I bought one and put 4 x SRM 6s on it and it brawls with the best of them.

I don't know what I'm doing.

Griffin + ECM + 4SRM6 is brutal

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Anita Dickinme posted:

If you downloaded a game and played it for a predetermined amount of time just to write a bad review there's more than likely something wrong mentally.

:agreed:

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
Urbie is technically the best mech

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Pattonesque posted:

someone made a comic guide to group MWO tactics

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=573089143

p. cool actually

thanks for posting this, should be required reading

should go in OP actually

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Bait and Swatch posted:

What build did you use? I've been thinking about getting one, but haven't found a medium I like more than the lights.

E: mm, I can see it in the picture I'm an idiot

get a stormcrow, never not have a stormcrow

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
Just wanted to chime in and say that the Griffin is a Good Robot

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

quote:

· Breakable trees and roots in Viridian Bog – Due to the extra effort of our level artist we have made an initial round of improvements to Viridian Bog. These should be considered a first phase as we continue to improve the levels collision and play-ability.

:dance:

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Bubbacub posted:

I can almost afford a Stormcrow. Which one should I get?

literally doesn't matter

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

ZenVulgarity posted:

Seems like a huge dice roll on a chasis then

:pgi:

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
With the srm4s you become a missile spewing god of vengeance

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Kazvall posted:

The biggest "tip" for piloting an assault is to just play one for hours. I can sit here and talk about situational awareness and poo poo but you only get that through dying over and over. If you're not learning a lesson each time you die, you're not dying hard enough.

:agreed:

the best teacher is direct experience

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
I would get pretty excited over some new maps for once

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

jBrereton posted:

So I just got this game - are there any benefits to sticking in your starting RVN-3L(C), other than it being free, and a piss easy robot to drive around in, shooting at other extremely bad/new pilots? There seems to be a cheevo for winning your first matches in a cadet mech, is it worth it?

How good is the +30% XP modifier?

Cadet bonus is crazy worth it, save up and you essentially get a free mech of your choice at the end. Sign up for the email newsletter too for a free week of premium time so you get even more c-bills

edit: also the cadet bonus applies to all of your first few matches, it is not dependent on the mech you are piloting

Marijuana Nihilist fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jan 11, 2016

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
the butthurt over stompy robots is strong in this thread

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Yolomon Wayne posted:

If you dont call it John F. Zoidberg imma find you, and gut you like a loving fish.

Anyone here using ER-PPCs?
Ive tried them on nearly every mech i could, but i just cant become friends with them.
I never feel like they do any notable damage, at least nothing that a solid autocannon wouldnt do with much more satisfying sound?

PPCs, ER or otherwise, are terrible. Use large pulse lasers instead.

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
you would have to be one sad sack of poo poo to cheat in mwo

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Sard posted:

Also goddamn this game needs a replay function. Something popped the left leg and all of the right leg's armor off on my Spider on a Frozen City match, leaving me with one LPL, a bunch of jump jets, and a 40 km/h top speed. I dug through the rear armor of a Warhammer and cored it, kept limping to skirmish a bit with a Mad Cat, limped into cover and then dug through the side of an XL-engined Catapult, and found myself at the end of the match. My Spider about to fall apart and one damaged Shadow Cat versus the Mad Cat from earlier who was still in largely yellow-ish condition but without any rear CT armor. Walked over to a building while the Shadow Cat ran distraction, got behind the Timberwolf and... poo poo, it turned. Some-the-gently caress-how it didn't kill me after shooting once, and I called in an airstrike and kept shooting at the front CT to expose it. It died. Spiders loving own.

I use bandicam for all my MWO recording needs

the trial version only lets you record 10 minutes at a time but most quickplay matches don't last that long

hopefully

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Supraluminal posted:

Can confirm this. I'm not brand-new, but for whatever reason when I came back after probably a year or more of not playing I found myself in tier 5. Now I'm not a great player by any stretch, but I still get to feel like a God-drat hero in about 50% of matches. Kind of regretting the fact that I'm now right on the cusp of moving up to 4.

Don't worry, there are still plenty of idiots in tier 4

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
Packing on triple AMS and ECM is worth it just so you can declare in all chat that their lurms are loving useless, come at me bro

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Super 3 posted:

Can anything pack triple AMS and ECM?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNf8nCeDaEE

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
The shadowcat is a pretty fun mech and im glad you goons talked me into buying one

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
MASTER CHIEF

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Supraluminal posted:

What do people think about the BAP? I basically never see it on builds posted in here but I kind of like it. The ability to detect/target shutdown mechs is fairly pointless but the other stuff it does is pretty nice. Countering ECM in particular is sometimes a real godsend in pub matches, where people are poo poo at finding and fighting off ECM lights.

I like BAP + sensor range module on my shadowcat. Look for high ground and rake in the sweet, sweet scouting bonuses

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
seconding this ecm atlas is boss

I have cracked open many a king crab with my ghost dad

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Stringbean posted:

I rebought an Ice Ferret

what

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

:eyepop:

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
game recognizes game

:golfclap:

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
w00t I GOTZ THE GRAND PRIZE!!!!

also the new minimap is terrible

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
locust 1v doesn't need the machine guns anyway, a single LPL plus the 50% energy cooldown quirk makes it a pew pew machine

edit: I had a buddy deal over 800 damage in a match with single LPL mounted on his locust

Marijuana Nihilist fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jul 2, 2016

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

game recognizes game

:golfclap:

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
griffin-2n is one of my favorite mechs

fast, tough, stealthy brawler that'll spew SRMs at anything unlucky enough to get within range

the time to kill with short range missiles is really good now so I highly recommend it

edit: you'll want to go with 4 SRM4 + Artemis for optimal missile delivery

Marijuana Nihilist fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jul 3, 2016

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
yes

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
Master the locust my friend and enjoy being the smallest fastest mech in the game

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
1V with a large pulse laser is surprisingly effective

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Artificer posted:

RIP.

I sprung for the locust pack. Might get more later.

A good decision

Locusts are the poo poo

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Pattonesque posted:

metamechs guy on Night Gyr -- rates it a Tier 1 but not as broken as the Kodiak
http://www.nogutsnogalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=4193.0

Also, heavy mech sale for the next eight days
http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/237259-heavy-mech-sale/

Awesome, i have been saving up for a hellbringer

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Oh Snapple! posted:

Decided that I actually kind of liked the look of that free Hellbringer I got for giving PGI money so I messed around with it slightly to keep the same general aesthetic - removed the SRM and ammo, switched out for the ECM omnipod, kept the two LBX 10s, and fitted it with 3 medium lasers. It's most definitely not the ideal way to set the thing up but I took it out for a test drive and gently caress it, it was fun and satisfying enough to stick with.

how much ammo did you manage to cram on that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
PGI is reading this thread? PGI u can suck my dilz

also change frozen city back to the way it was

• Locked thread