Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

If you bought them early enough, some packages came with a month of premium time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

That Italian Guy posted:

Eh, yeah I guess it has probably been surpassed by other chassis by now. To be clear, though, the Cent was awesome mostly because of its physical qualities (IE: super tiny torso, giant useless arms, "pauldrons" that protect the head from the side); some people were suggesting there was something wrong with the hit detection as well. Maybe this has been patched out now :ohdear:
The arms used to reduce the damage to the side torso even when destroyed, and then shooting up that side torso once it was gone reduced the damage again. Killing a Cent from the side took about twice as much damage as from the front.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Xii posted:

One thing though, should I wait until I can get a Stormcrow (or something like it) so I can get more bang for my c-bills?
Yes, you should wait and get a Stormcrow (or if you like heavies a Timberwolf). They're pretty amazing - with omnipods you can swap hardpoints to try out almost any build.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Skoll posted:

3. I had the space so figured why the gently caress not, it's a 25% increase in radar acquisition. My ammo allocation is fine and I've yet to run completely dry.
You can ditch the command console to add another SRM-6.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Only the CT matters, and since they're all the same for the Shadow Cat, pick whichever one you like, then buy additional omnipods to get different hardpoints.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Love Stole the Day posted:

This is the first time I've heard of Omnipods outside of MW4. You can BUY them now?! So by that logic, it doesn't matter at all which one I get because I can swap the hardpoints with Omnipods and do wtf I want?
Exactly. So I would suggest you pick up the ECM variant, and then whatever additional omnipods with hardpoints you like.

Ardlen fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Dec 13, 2015

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Vorenus posted:

Is this a recent change? I've played off and on since closed beta and I don't remember ever needing to elite other variants to master any single one.
If you have elited any three mechs of a weight class it opens up mastery. So once you've done it once you never need to do it again (for that weight class).

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Does the sale actually require a performance pack? The announcement is unclear.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Number19 posted:

I will see if I can reproduce this tomorrow. I've never seen this hapoe before and is he first I've ever heard of it.

I have had this happen as well. If you are changing things in the mechbay, sometimes a tooltip remains persistent when you launch and play a match. It goes away if you relaunch or have another tooltip pop up and properly vanish.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

veedubfreak posted:

E: can someone critique this build. It's almost there, but something seems missing.
BOUNTY HUNTER II

You had free slots left in it - I fixed it for you.
BOUNTY HUNTER II - Improved

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

You can put 13 on a Stormcrow.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Both builds have 11 heatsinks and 6 spl - there isn't a difference.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I play lots of CW and the most common thing i see is 9 guys with the same clan tag.
So, are they dropping in groups of 3 to optimize loadout somehow?
CW doesn't have group tonnage limits, instead it has individual dropdeck limits.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

NatasDog posted:

It sounds like the Cheetah might be right up my alley, even though I really have a soft spot for the Jenner. Based on how I'm reading what you're saying I could buy an ACH-PRIME and later buy a ACH-C and swap the arms between them for a Frankencheetah with 6 Energy hard points instead of the stock 4 Energy and 2 Missle, right? No matter how you do it you're going to be stuck with 4E/2M or 6E hard points though, so it looks like the only real difference will be whether or not you slot ECM in the LT in the Cheetah's case.
You wouldn't even need to buy the ACH-C, you can just purchase the components you want directly.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

MWO Patch Notes posted:

Fixed an issue where Crit Chance percentages would decrease at each level of Targeting Computer, instead of increase.
:pgi:

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Mornacale posted:

All that matters for a chassis are quirks, since you have to buy three to get masteries anyway and you can pull the omnis off the ones you don't keep. Or have I been missing something?
The CT is also important, since that's the only thing that can't be swapped.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

How long can I use the trial mechs for?
Forever, but sometimes they will change which ones are available.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

You don't have to get double basics immediately. Play around and decide what Mech and fighting style you like, then you can focus on it.

Ardlen fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jul 1, 2016

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Great Beer posted:

Hey WOL nerds, do you want to stay in the Inner Sphere (best sphere) for our next contract or do you want to be conformists and follow GIRL into clan space?
Might as well follow GIRL.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

kingcom posted:

No no but seriously why are Lights huge.
Not all lights - the Locust got smaller. :pgi:

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Artificer posted:

Argh. I will keep going. You are sooo slooow. You can't even disengage really. And a 270m engagement range is agony with the slow speed.
There's definitely an art to playing an Ghost Dad well. You need to keep to cover when getting close, and don't halfheartedly push - when you decide to go, commit to it.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Yolomon Wayne posted:

How exactly does ferro fibrous armor work in this game?
"20% more protection per ton" doesnt make sense in a system where 1 damage = 1 less armor, or are there fractions of armor/damage?
It lowers the weight of the armor, so for the same number of points of armor, you'll have more tonnage available. Endo-steel saves you more weight though.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Cyrano4747 posted:

That ecm stalker looks brutal but loving laffo at what you would have had to spend for it.
All these Mechs will (eventually) come out for c-bills. Of course, by then they'll have nerfed them significantly.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

I still think all they need to do is lower the shutdown threshold to be fixed at ~20 heat or so.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

TheParadigm posted:

Seconding the amazing 0xp. This is what I run. Both work fine. Standard engine, max critstuffing for engines and the 20.
There are no engine crits in MWO, so you can move the BAP to the AC/20 torso and have an extra ton to play with.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

I know its :pgi:, but isn't heat normally the thing that stops you from firing all your weapons at once? Why can't they just use a combination of modifying weapon heat and lowering the max heat to get the behavior they desire?

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Also, you couldn't lock torso and arm weapons together, which added another bit of spread that could be overcome by player skill.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Ambaire posted:

So I just reinstalled it, and jesus christ where is the loving UI scale slider. I'm playing at 2560x1440 and the text is designed for ants...
Sorry, UI scale sliders are Lostech.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Another thing they're testing: full damage cER PPCs.

quote:

C ER PPC:
Splash damage removed
Damage increased to 15 (from 10)
Cooldown Duration increased to 6 (from 5.25)

Along with some cooldown tuning on the IS PPCs, with the reduction of the ED value of the PPC, we felt like it was a good time to test giving the clan PPC its full 15 damage. With a 50% increase to its pin point damage, this needs to come with a further cooldown increase to the Clan ER PPC to keep its overall DPS in line with other long ranged weapons.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

A.o.D. posted:

This is... exactly what Laser Heat Sinks are supposed to do.
I hope they add in a laser light show when overheating.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Herb Dington posted:

Nope.

5 The Centurion CN9-A[NCIX] is not sellable in-game.
If you had a normal Cent-A, you can sell that one off for its 'Mech Bay.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Q_res posted:

And that was my plan, but to spec the new one out like my current A with Doubles, ES, FF and Artemis I'd be paying like 2 million C-bills for a Mech Bay...
That's not the worst deal, considering they don't sell Mech Bays for any amount of C-bills.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Great Beer posted:

The only currently viable Cent A build is 3x srm4a and 2x ml with a 275 standard. You might be able to do srm6a, I can't remember off the top of my head. Play it like any other medium brawler. It may not be the best anymore but it's far from a bad robot. If you like the way it plays, pick up the hunchback 4sp.
You can run 3x srm6a if you use a 260 standard.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Yolomon Wayne posted:

It bleeds in the legs?
I thought it was CT only.
It hits everywhere. Tuesday's patch will make it no longer damage the head, so you'll be less likely to overheat and immediately die.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

Obsolete.

What part of Poptart's playthrough was that in? I want to read about how well it did.
It's in the third mission with the Demon Hawks: Nergal Reactor

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Darius099 posted:

Hey folks, I dropped for about six months. Whats this I saw vaguely about some kind of skill tree or something? Have I missed any big updates in the past half year?
The skill tree change won't happen until sometime next year. Right now, skills are the same as they've been.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

NihilCredo posted:

My profile page says I have 192 hours (8 days) of banked premium time. I have no idea where it comes from (the only pack I ever bought was the smallest Resistance 2 pack, which doesn't include premium time), and the in-game display says I have 0D 0H 0M remaining - though the "Activate" button is still enabled.

Any idea as to what has happened?
The in game display only shows active premium time. Activate would turn your banked time into active time.

As to where you got it, there were some old events that gave banked premium time. Maybe you did some of them and forgot?

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Are any of the clan assaults on sale worth picking up? I was looking at the Marauder IIC, but it looks like it isn't up for c-bills yet.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Beet Wagon posted:

MAD-IICs seem loving invincible every time I bump into one, so I guess I'll snag a couple lol

e: nevermind I thought they were out for cbills gently caress that
I thought that too. Looks like they come out for c-bills on April 4th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Freakazoid_ posted:

Did they take HPG Manifold out of rotation? That was my favorite map :smith:
No, it is still in the rotation. You just must have been unlucky.

• Locked thread