Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Hot drat! Its been a long wait but im more than pumped up for round two.

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jul 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I suppose that I should get in on this as well. I of course choose the mighty and proud DD Inazuma, last of her line.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Grey does seem to have a bit of bad luck when it comes to attacking Pearl.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Grey Hunter posted:

I have poor luck at Pearl it seems, lets see what happens when more complete data comes in - I may have sunk things, but the Americans are not telling anyone.

Dammit Grey you had one job, "a date which will live in infamy" is that so much to ask?

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Mountaineer posted:

Rest in peace, West Virginia. At least you didn't sink on day one, I guess.

Nope. Instead it sunk in open waters, never to be seen again.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Grey Hunter posted:

The American carrier swings north and takes out one of my precious invasion fleets.

Then another, I need to kill this thing.

:stare: Well they seem to be making much better use of their carriers this attempt.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Grey Hunter posted:

Our men are not daunted, they come back at dawn and surprise the British ships – out opening salvo is a hit, and it goes downhill for the British from there.

Yes my pretty, crush the weak willed western barbarians! :japan:

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

No, we can go even deeper. We should publish a book, "The Pacific theater of World War 2 as told by Grey Hunter" It can include not only his first play through, but this one as well simultaneously (Hell even his first botched attempt.) All told as if it was a legit history book.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Grey Hunter posted:

Bad days tend to get worse.

drat, and the Tennessee was one of the hardest ones hit.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

This raises a good point, where is our fighter support? Over the past few days I think I've seen no more than a handful of Zeros take to the skies in our defense.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I think its even worse than it seems. I think we've actually lost more transports to date than was lost in the entirety of the last attempt.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

What truly lies beneath Tokyo Bay Fortress.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Grey Hunter posted:

We then lose a lot of men as a large Chinese force takes Ichang.

This disaster is compounded when the commander, rather than falling back east to friendly positions, orders his men to retreat south west into the arms of another massive Chinese force! !

They weren't retreating. The were advancing in a different direction, just as honor demands.:japan:

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Dec 24, 2015

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

MrYenko posted:

Less than a month in, and the curse of Grey Hunter returns.

:japan:

It wouldn't be a proper or realistic Imperial Japanese themed Lets play if it wasn't riddled with incompetence.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

drat. I was hoping we would end the month/year with a positive ship K/D ratio.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

shalafi4 posted:

ok I'm used to a lot of the weirder ship designations but what on earth is a KV?

I believe KV means it's a corvette.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

You and everyone else who throw out these little tidbits are doing God's work.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Thalantos posted:

Oh, that's too cool!

Do you think Sealion was at all a realistic goal for the Germans?

I'll give you a hint, part of the Germans plan for landing troops and equipment apparently involved the use of river barges.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Drone posted:

Happy one month of being at war, everyone! :toot:

Not quite as exciting as our last one month anniversary. But we are at least doing noticeably better in the Philippines.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

TildeATH posted:

See, that's what happens when you model fingers and toes like people ask. With grogs, it's always a slippery slope to dongs.

You know speaking of dongs, I've noticed a distinct lack of venereal disease tracking lists. What kind of grog game is this where I can't even check to see if my privates have syphilis?

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

My Grandpa served with the engineers building and maintaining airfields throughout the war. Bout the most interesting thing that happened to him is when the Japanese launched a bombing raid on the field he was stationed at during the middle of the night while the airfield was filled with loaded bombers.

He actually had this wrote down somewhere, I should try to find it.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Comrade Koba posted:

Games > Let's Play > War in the Pacific - Flags of our Grandfathers / Effortposts from Iwo Jima

Well you have to admit, as far as thread deviations go we have done could do a lot worse.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

No! drat their Dutch hide!:argh:

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

A White Guy posted:

If you really want to talk about longevity, it's amazing how, even today, some of this poo poo is still being used. For example, there is documented evidence of the T-34 still being used in combat even today. Hell, even the StG. 44 is still out there fighting wars.

The Syrian civil war is an absolute goldmine when it comes to footage of WW2 era tech, whether it's the FSA using StG.44s, the SAA using T-34s as defensive supplements , or ISIS using old German AT guns to lob shells at people. It's like each side just raided a museum.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

So whats the word on our holed carrier? Would she have made it back to port yet or is she still desperately pushing the limits of Japanese damage control?

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Mikl posted:

I forgot, have we gotten a carrier sinking in this LP yet? I don't think so, but I could've missed it.

Not yet. Two of Grey's Carriers have been hit but haven't sunk (yet) and I dont think we've seen any allied carriers since thy cut a bloody swath back east.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Grey Hunter posted:

Dear Commander.
A bombardment attack is where you throw shells at the enemy, not when you strap shells to your men and have them make Banzai charges at the enemy.
Yours,
Imperial Command.

Dont be absurd Grey, no commander would be so foolish as to waist valuable shells like that. Clearly what happend is that they loaded the soldiers themselves into their guns and fired them over the allies defensive's so they could engage them in personal combat. I for one think we should applaud his ingenuity as because of it we are now seven soldiers closer to victory.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

drat. I haven't been paying enough attention to the intelligence reports concerning aircraft losses, Grey's poor planes are really taking a pounding.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Careful now, lets not start mixing warships, anime, and children. there lie dangerous waters.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

TildeATH posted:

I refuse to believe it. GH will just tell her "The baby is defiantly not coming right now, I can post this turn update."

And then the baby can be all, "SOVIET RESPONSE".

You watch, it will end up were Grey is so busy making updates about a silly game for people on the internet that he will keep having to put off having quality time with junior. It will be like Cat's in the Cradle, but with Lets Plays. It shall be one parts tragic and hilarious.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

First Grey barley clears the treetops and now he is trying to bomb them from orbit. As is appropriate for an Imperial Japaneses officer, its all or nothing with Grey Hunter

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Cartoon posted:

But hand wringing is what we ~do~. Also I don't think increasing Grey's workload is ultimately a great plan.

I think your forgetting that making Grey's life more difficult is also another thing we do.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

whitewhale posted:

Time to return to Pearl and not gently caress it up this time!

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Leperflesh posted:

The first WitP game (requires archives) started December 7th, 2009 and was completed on July 18th, 2013. So that's 3+ years just for that one game, and we've had at least one more abortive attempt before this one.

As an aside, Grey, it'd be cool if you linked to the previous game in your OP or the second post or something, for posterity.

As it happens I believe we are a scant one week from today from when Grey's last attempt came to a screeching halt

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Dreamsicle posted:

So did Grey's computer die again?

It finally caught on to what Grey haa in store for it and did the smart thing.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Congratulations on taking Bataan Grey. Hopefully those men's trip to the POW camp goes a lot more smoothly than RL.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

And with this update, Grey has now reached the point where the last attempt died.:toot:

For a reference here is how he was doing at this time last year.

And this is of course his progress from today

May Grey continue to lead mighty Nippon to victory over the decedent west.:japan:

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Jesenjin posted:

Is Grey taking a break because 1942 wasn't a leap year?

Yes, sadly Grey gets one day off over the next 3+ years and today was it.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

megane posted:

Did Grey sink literally anything at Pearl Harbor

Yes in fact. I believe it was a minesweeper, a handful of destroyers, and his hopes and dreams of ever getting anything accomplished at Pearl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Grey Hunter posted:

Two losses for one kill, at least we got the kill!

*Previous report of sinking of xAP Macdhui incorrect. Intelligence reports ship is still in service.*