Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

If that were 50% *more* evasion it'd be bis for many builds imo. 50% increased is still nice (assuming it's global) but not crazy strong or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?

Social Media posted:

Check out the Trickster that Zizaran hit 100 with in the PHC 2 week: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Zizaran/characters (character is Zizaran). I've been running it in PSC and it's extremely tanky and powerful.

Thanks!

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

If anyone needed confirmation that Volt Spark is opie -- first time facing trio and Atziri, in standard HC, with my volt sparker: poo poo died FAST, got caught in a couple flameblasts from Atziri but no real close calls and trio was snooze-worthy. Spam them sparks, run around for a bit, collect loots. First ever Atziri kill, feels good man.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

I'm a bit sad that spark is getting nerfed. My volt sparker was the strongest build I have ever played. What's the strongest reflect-proof hc-viable build now? Poison bladefall trapper?

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

loving lol.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

NecroMonster posted:

Does anyone have/know where I can find an up-to-date scion whispering ice build? Like, the baseline thing, I don't want low life or some sort of bizarre fire damage gimmick.

Here's a tree I followed in 2.2, did fine in HC: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...3xYF6I-PEukoAAA

(and my slightly tweaked version of it: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...juf34Kb73y3MQ== )

Jewels used are either the ones that convert str or dex to Int (in the interior ones) and Izaro's Turmoil everywhere else.

e: Oh, the softcore version went for Elementalist instead of Heirophant

e2: It is a "bizarre fire damage gimmick" because AoF / C2F makes it do way more damage, and you still get chilled ground. Only upsides, no downsides. What makes you resistant to this variant?

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jun 3, 2016

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

96 spacejam posted:

D3 Hardcore refugee here. I just read through the OP, spent about an hour combing through official forum builds and another hour in game as a Marauder but I'm still pretty lost as to which build to focus on. I'd love to do a mix of magic and dex for my first playthrough.. Any builds ya'll would recommend?

Evasion/life based sparker with orb of storms as a support will take you to the end of merciless, assuming you build decently. Take lots of life nodes, trade for a couple Lifesprig wands as soon as you get a couple Chaos orbs and you'll be set through the first three acts of normal. Buy a Reverberation Rod in act 4 and you'll be set, weapon-wise at least, through all of Cruel.

E: Start as Shadow

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jun 4, 2016

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

gonadic io posted:

Could I have a pricecheck on this please? I couldn't see any other +endurance charges belts with life, let alone with resists too so don't have anything to gauge it on.

An exalt or two maybe? T3 life and only two t2 resists keep it from being top tier.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

I don't plan on poopsocking to 100. I just want to get to the point I'm doing maps and maybe uber atziri just because I want to see the content.

I've played thousands of hours and never done uber. Granted, I play hardcore but generally speaking if you want to do uber you should strictly follow a guide specifically designed for uber. Rolling your own build is fine for regular content but for endgame you should let people who have nothing better to do than theorycraft every little detail dictate your build. And have lots of wealth to invest in it.

If your goal is really to do uber and council, something like bladefall miner will probably be the most budget option. I'd check the forums for a build along those lines.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Mystery Prize posted:

The thing is, the discharge change does almost nothing for CoC builds; it is strictly a quality of life buff for self-cast discharge. I don't think discharge itself is op, but I do think the interaction between it and CoC pushes it there.

If I were to venture a guess, I'd say this might be a precursor to CoC being nerfed. Which is something Reddit has been begging for for months, so them moaning about this balance change is silly.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Phobophilia posted:

Yeah, the stun could be from a hybrid prefix, or a stun recovery suffix. Meanwhile, the item rarity could be a prefix or a suffix. So it's possible that there's room for a prefix in order to craft life.

There are three resists, so there's no room for another suffix. Best case scenario is hybrid roll.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Leveling a RF totem char, I'm up to mid 50s and ... what's the catch? Haven't even specced into EE or Overload and I'm just wrecking poo poo on cruise control. 4 more levels will get me the second AoE cluster and it'll be even sillier. I guess the catch is that ideally I'll want to replace my Tabula with a 6l Carcass Jack?

Also, I'm dual curse right now (enfeeble + flammability), on hc should I go triple curse (which would probably require taking the mana reservation nodes) or just stick with dual and enjoy the extra life/res from the ring slot and passive points?

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jun 30, 2016

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Attn Bugsy / hc prophecy crew. Not really feeling this league and haven't logged in for a week probably. Dumped a few things in Maps tab of HC Prophecy gstash. Nothing great, don't get your hopes up.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

What's a better starter build in the current meta, EA or Caustic Arrow?

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

TheRat posted:

EA, but both work quite well.

e: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Rodent1/characters if you want to see an EA build that was top5 on hc ladder until I got ultrabored and stopped playing him. The missing flask was rumi's.

Thanks. Just the ruby flask is enough to mitigate reflect?

e: and the Rumi's

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Aug 21, 2016

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

I still have my alt art WI from Talisman race that I haven't claimed yet. Will it one day be worth a significant premium or probably not since it doesn't have a unique 3d model.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

ButtWolf posted:

Anyone have a high lightning high negative fire and cold but good iir/iiq ventors gamble?

I've got the exact opposite of this. Lmk how much you'll pay for it.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Mystery Prize posted:

This is my favorite

Long overdue change

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Bugsy posted:

Ice trap flower mtx is fantastic.

Yeah, that's going straight into the 1c Buyout tab

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

TheRat posted:

SeemsGood GGG balance team. SeemsGood

Alternative to Oro's for flicker? But how to scale dmg without hatred etc. I guess scale up poison and run Vuln?

Really pushing the hybrid defense thing here, some iron will caster seems most likely beneficiary but I don't know that you'd get enough out of it to make it worthwhile.

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Sep 4, 2016

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

Alright you know what I guess I'll just jump in and blindly follow Picer's post until I figure out what the hell I'm doing

before I do is any one item filter better or more commonly used than others? Might as well get used to that right away

Neversink's filter is probably the most widely used. It comes in several flavors, I like the one that keeps the colors close to default.

Antnee's Classy Item Filter is another solid choice.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Haven't played since Perandus League, anyone able to help bring me up to speed on what's changed?

I checked the wiki for the expansion info and the engine improvements and improving mapping, but have any of the older skills been improved or does everyone still use the newer shinier overpowered skills like earthquake? what are some of the improved and popular builds that can quickly clear the end game, and have ascendancy classes been mixed up a lot or is it still largely people playing champions and juggernauts?

Stuff like the post above me is great for seeing what kind of builds are viable right now.

Juggernaut got nerfed a bit but is still viable. The hot ascendency classes are pathfinder and elementalist.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

fadam posted:

I'm pretty new to PoE. I have a six link red hammer, what should I be using for my support gems for EQ? Right now I'm EQ, physical damage, elemental damage, less duration, and added fire.

If you're dead set on staying 6r for some reason, you could throw lgoh or life leech on there. Otherwise, depending on build, poison, Inc AoE, conc effect (for bosses) or faster attacks works. The rest of your supports are fine.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

What's that site that lets you plug in uniques and it tells you a viable build?

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Sadkitten posted:

Does anyone have an advice on how to price rares? I've just started dabbling in trying to list the stuff in my stash that I've saved and its pretty tedious. So far I just punch in similar stats in poe.trade and try to judge by that, but I have items a lot of times that don't even exist, or are sometimes better than items listed for multiple exalts. For instance I found this staff and there's nothing even close to it listed.

Without +2 fire gems, that staff is worth whatever the vendor will give you for it

E: as far as general guide to pricing rares, it's tricky because of the huge variety of builds and skills. As a general rule for weapons, know that spells care much more about gem level than increased damage %. Melee is exactly opposite, and bow skills like both. A staff with +2 fire gem level / +1 all gems is worth a lot even if the rest of the mods are garbage. A mace with those mods is vendor trash.

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Nov 8, 2016

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Cerepol posted:

Is there like a test server/realm you can play on with increased drop rates.

GGG will be releasing those user-custom servers they promised back in Alpha any day now

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

YoungSexualNorton posted:

I'd do dual wield ele foils or ele claws with something like this tree. This is built for hardcore so you could probably drop some regen and life if you don't care about dying every once in a while.

Can you check that link, it doesn't work for me and seems too short. Thanks!

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Bugsy posted:

Yeah that link is no good.

You going HC again RG? I will be once I get home from work in a few hours. Still have not decided on warchief totems again or SRS into animate weapon.

Yep. I won't be on until about 1230 Mountain Time. I figure to play a lot more this league than I did in Atlas -- just had too much going on.

Thinking about going some kind of Trickster or Raider CI Molten Strike build. IDK, I like melee and CI is in such a good place right now compared to life.

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Dec 2, 2016

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

The Pell posted:

I havent even launched the game yet, but if I want to eventually end up with a super lazy dont have to push many buttons build, what should I start working towards?

Aurabot, though you'll need to party up

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Jusupov posted:

What do you do with people who just idle in your hideout for 5 minutes after trading?

Ignore them?

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Ball lightning can be a particular pain with reflect mobs though, since by the time you notice you're taking reflect damage you have another half dozen balls floating towards the reflect baddie.

I played ball lightning well into maps on hc maybe 3-4 leagues ago. It was a ton of fun but ended up dying to reflect.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

D2jsp

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

The strength of your char for average people in this league is gonna be up there with Perandus, which was my favorite / most successful league.

That EK gem. Jesus. Self-cast poison EK or Cyclone COC EK?

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

jerichojx posted:

Am I the only one feels that there is no point to play the current league now :(

If you really think about it, there's no point to playing any league. They're all just temporary diversions designed to distract from the existential terror of existence that ultimately we all must face anyway.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Lechtansi posted:

Oh, is it my character name or my account name? Character name is AsheraPants.

Also, should i hang onto skill gems I'm not using or vendor them? Are there "rare" ones?

There are some that are drop-only that you should keep: Empower, Enlighten, Enhance (though I don't think this one is used much), Portal, Added Chaos Damage, and Detonate Mines. Most of the rest you can sell or throw away unless they dropped with quality, in which case you should save them. Quality gems are better than regular ones, and even the ones that don't really see any benefit from quality (or that you never plan on using) can be sold to other players or sold in batches of 40% total quality to a vendor for one Gemcutter's Prism.

It's always nice to keep a spare Multistrike, Faster Attacks, Faster Casting, and maybe a Blood Magic gem in your stash just for convenience's sake.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Bugsy posted:

Trying to get to 24 after being lazy and not playing for a while. Was not expecting the 11 card set to cost so much on BHC but that s my fault for waiting so long.

I've got an exalt and maybe a bit of random currency I can give you tonight if it'll help.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Woops, got kicked from guild. Can I get a reinvite please, rgz_Toxoplasmosis

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

That's why god invented home VPNs you remote into

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

1: Decide on the 5 or 6 "notable" keystones you want to get, the ones that will define your build

2: lol you won't have nearly enough skill points to get all of those. Remove all but 2, *maybe* 3 if they're really close together

3: spend 90% of the rest of your points on life / es nodes and pathing to everything

4: use the few remaining points on dps nodes

Congrats! You just made your very own build!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Oro Flicker was so much fun when I played it in I think Talisman, but was absolutely terrifying too, as I was HC. Never died but that's because I just got too scared to play him and quit around T6 maps. Zero time to react to anything.

Maybe I'll go softcore this time like everyone else seems to be planning on doing.

• Locked thread