Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
Oh god, now I have to try searing bond with decoy totem. I have to. The extra totem buff and the DOT cluster next to heart of flame are practically signed Christmas gifts from Chris Wilson.
This time I'll go with armor/e-shield gear, so I can get 5 linked blues and fit three curses into a ball lightning curse on hit setup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

thehandtruck posted:

Wow contagion feels so weak even with void manip

You cast Contaigion, then Essence Drain. ED is then applied to everything that has contagion on it. Enjoy laying down mobs like trees from the Tunguska Event.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Vasudus posted:

Cool things about ED:

The projectile portion directly affects the DoT afterwards. So putting things like LMP, GMP, Chain or Slower Proj on it will modify the DoT either positively or negatively. This is making me want to run ED in a Sire of Shards more than ever.

Slower projectiles with 100% pierce. Just leave a bullet hell minefield for mobs to walk through.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

voltron lion force posted:

Thoughts on this build for a contagion/essence drain scion? Thinking of running two curse-auras but unsure if I need to stack a bit of range to make that work.

Offense:
The short range curse auras are counter-intuitive with CT and ED, which are both ranged. Double curse would still be good for self cast Vulnerability / Temperal Chains, since you have a curse cast speed node anyhow. Also, you're going right past Potency of Will, which would give you 45% increased skill duration, which would greatly benefit all of the skills mentioned here. I should also mention that ED is going to be miserable against anything that casts SRS unless you have some piercing. I'd also recommend taking the mana path of out the left side of your start. CT and ED both have pretty massive mana costs, even though you don't need to use them that often, having a smidge of extra mana would be useful.

Defense:
Your only defensive nodes are evasion and energy shield nodes, and you're taking acrobatics, which cuts the ES in half. You'll be mowing down mobs like nobody's business until you miss that one rhoa in the blue pack and get splattered across half of the mud flats. You could take some of the ouch out of hits by going for Mind Over Matter, which you're also going right past, as well as Soul Siphon, which is a whole lot of mana for two points. Since you wanted to run double curses on blasphemy anyhow, you could use Enfeeble and Temperal chains defensively, but that still wont help you against spells or even ranged attackers. You don't have a solid defense with this tree, period. Also, If you were planning on running with evasion only gear, it's going to be more expensive to roll blue sockets.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
I need to apologize to Stonelike. He was right about taking Practical Application and and Dominion for ED. I've specced out of Piercing Shots, it's just not worth the six passives I had invested to get to it.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Ultima66 posted:

Wow holy poo poo apparently you can use Bino's Kitchen Knife + Consuming Dark + Infernal Mantle with the poison support gem to get a very big poison DoT on a fire spell, then Bino's will proliferate that poison stack when the monster dies. It looks like it kills things extremely fast with Flameblast but the radius on Bino's spreading poison is low.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ7uHaUJQNQ
That poor map boss. :psyduck:
One-shotted. Utterly defeated, dead.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Ultima66 posted:

Also he says when he just throws down a no charge Flameblast on something at point blank the Bino's trigger regenerates like 40000 life this is amazing.

That's bananas.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
I just bought seven stash tabs after two years of making do with four.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExEjXLMd4VA

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Vasudus posted:

I made a thing. I like my thing.

Holy crit.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Magus42 posted:

Instead of rerolling w/flame totems or such at the moment, is it possible to salvage any of my current characters to try and get familiar with the game again?

I've also got a few other uniques lying around if they could help:

I really liked the Facebreaker (Dian_Wei) before, but I'm not sure if I'm doing well enough gearing it. I've also got a summoner (Farrys) while the other witch was a fire witch w/Searing Touch, and the Ranger I couldn't quite make up my mind what skill gems to use...

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Your profile is set to private. Can't see your characters.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Magus42 posted:

Oops, didn't know that was a thing; fixed.

Oh my god, Dien_Wei has a legacy Facebreaker (More damage than the current version). You need to use that. This update added a bunch of unarmed jewels, too. Look up a facebreaker build and have fun.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

euphronius posted:

I just read up on the expansion. Are Those class specific spheres making nerds angry? Seems like a large departure by ggg.

They made me super angry at first. Then I realized that it gives a reason to play a class other than passive point optimization. There are some less than obvious applications for these class bonuses. For example, the Necromancer class could be used to make an absolutely furious Viper Strike witch.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1551608

They just revealed the new Ice Trap skill, as well as a Cluster Trap Support gem. I'm wondering if cluster trap stacks with multiple traps.

Answered by Rory:

"Multiple traps will add extra traps to the Cluster Trap, meaning you'll throw 7 traps total in the cluster trap random radius.

We're still looking at Multiple Traps, and will improve the behaviour if we can!"

Bluemillion fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jan 5, 2016

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

TipsyMcStagger posted:

All the voice acting in this game is awesome. Even Gruest.. the tribal man you love to hate. I'd like to shove his spear so far up his own rear end....

Speaking of that, why aren't there spears in this game? They'd be awesome as a pure dex melee weapon with a melee range implicit.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Lungboy posted:

I have a small baby to deal with, I only get to play for 30 mins here and there. I think I'd seen one before but killed it easily. This was on one of the unique towels in Solaris so took a lot more killing. I'm also ground slam so the effect isn't too obvious.

I couldn't heal through them either, it's a very nasty dot.

Bonespire is loving Bullshit. The majority of my deaths this league have been from this AOE DOT abomination. Can't even stop that poo poo with a staunching flask. Don't feel bad.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Korwin posted:

Got an unique low level ring who turns my cold damage into fire damage.
Can I use this feature for something? Or do I need to replace him as soon as I get better resistance gear (using him at the moment, because the stats are nice at low level...)

Convert the fire damage into chaos. :getin:
Maybe a build that uses ice spear to ignite enemies?

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Skills from your gloves have 20% increased area of effect. Empires grasp with shockwave totem. 4 shockwave totems. THERE IS NO ESCAPE! :getin:

Bugsy posted:

You also get 32% cast speed with 4 totems out from Pursuit of Faith so that should help out with the less damage per totem thing. Thats a lot of cast speed.

It says "With an active totem" not "per active totem". I don't think it stacks.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Ultima66 posted:

As a pretty much exclusively Ranger player: the new Ranger ascendancy looks absurdly broken and I love it.

Not really, I mean who doesn't have five surgeon's stanching amethyst flasks on their bar? :unsmigghh:
Just gonna hit this actual amethyst flask and go CI for a few seconds.

Bluemillion fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 29, 2016

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
What the hell is Throzz, anyhow? I mean, I know he's not human, but right now I'm imagining a Google AI controlled muppet making the rest of us look bad.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Mystery Prize posted:

This is amazing :allears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYiYHj1ktHw
Some dude figured out how to make a 0 dps perma-stun vacuum cyclone build

theshim posted:

That is goddamn glorious. :allears:

e: I think it's using Ancestral Bond, actually.

This would make searing bond not be a pain in the rear end to use. Plop down a totem, sweep up everything with cyclone, and let searing bond do the killing with the AOE it creates at your character. No, actually, it would stop stunning once they dropped below full health.

Bluemillion fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 10, 2016

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

regulargonzalez posted:

Puncture - Chance to Flee

Why the gently caress did this never occur to me?

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

StoryTime posted:

That being said, I bought a Sire of Shards off Perandus. What are the cool skills to put in this thing? I play self-found hardcore, so I can't rely on having other uniques. I do have a Voidbringer, in case that makes a difference.

I was going to try a Sire of Shards Magma Orb Shaman. Note that magma orb can use the damage bonus from slower projectiles without any real downsides.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Bob NewSCART posted:

So I've rolled up a very decent buzzsaw before it got nerfed. Switch over to a nice cyclone duel wield with that character. With this league, I'm looking to do either melee or mid range (ST, earthquake etc) that's easy to gear and get off the ground and eventually turn my character into a super badass with better gear

Buzzsaw is back:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNiCJpG4xMo

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

How does the percentage damage reflection on the Bramblejack work? Does stacking armor hinder the Bramblejack's effectiveness by reducing the amount of damage taken and thus reflected?

40% of Melee Physical Damage taken reflected to Attacker

Yeah, it doesn't work well for an armor or evasion build. Your best bet would be a regeneration tank.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Ultima66 posted:

It looks like all uniques LL Icestorm can't really hit 10000 ES without legacy Perandus Signets. Since I wear 9 uniques, the 1% int per unique from each ring makes me lose 18% int over the legacy versions, which is a huge hit. I'm sitting at 8000 ES with lvl 19 Discipline right now. I'm considering buying a lvl 4 Empower to go with my Discipline, to push me up to around 9000-9500 ES, but that would mean I'd probably have to drop Blasphemy. I use Blasphemy for Temp Chains most of the time but occasionally I do have to put on Blasphemy Warmark for certain map mods. Is it worth dropping Blasphemy for the extra ES?

Yes. ES is something you have to go all in on.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

TheRat posted:

> Game Over

Needs to be a way to set this as the death sound:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09s-c2JVI40

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
Since you can't use a penetration link with vortex, you'd have to rely on reducing enemy resistances. Since it's a DOT and presumably doesn't hit (except for that burst around the player), it could be a good candidate for Elemental Equilibrium.

The combination of frost bolt and ice nova could be really powerful with the Deadeye Endless Munitions node, as it benefits from the extra projectile and the increased AOE. The slow moving ice bolt projectile would also benefit from the projectile speed granted by the fast and deadly node. There's also the cold damage and projectile speed node in the ranger area. Since Ice bolt is 100% pierce, there's also potential for a crit build with Powerful Precision. There's serious potential here for an ice bolt/nova Deadeye, even if far shot is a throwaway node since it only works with attacks.

Bluemillion fucked around with this message at 17:49 on May 12, 2016

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

theshim posted:

Pyre Consuming Darks chaos vortex build incoming.

I thought DOTs couldn't be converted?

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
8 Ascendancy points? What the actual gently caress? :psyduck:

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

You have a really cool Skyrim character.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
I'm going to make a Vortex Slayer. None of the other Ascendancies really work as well for it.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Bombogenesis posted:

So I just has a Tabula Rasa drop off a goat man near Kuduku. What are these things worth these days?

One Vaal Orb.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Ixjuvin posted:

Price check on this garbage fire? I barely know how to evaluate rares that are obviously OK, much less something weird like this.

That life roll makes me want to sit down and cry.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

The Real Foogla posted:

gently caress warbands

This is an opinion that I agree with.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

soscannonballs posted:

Got my first Core map today. I forgot to start recording until Phase 2, but here is Jeb vs Malachai:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6bhJCHLxKA

You're fighting the final boss in a weird red environment, and there's a hammer involved. You should have used "Smithy Puts a Ring on It" from that album. :colbert:

https://valleyofwalls.bandcamp.com/track/smithy-puts-a-ring-on-it

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Turtlicious posted:

Which is better this or Diablo III? Why? I'm also asking in the D3 thread.

Diablo 3 is unplayable because you can't rebind left click to force move, making it a pain in the rear end to maneuver in battle. "Oh, I need to move away from these cold bombs? Lemme just swing at this random trash mob instead." Actually, you can't rebind the left and right mouse buttons at all, which is inexcusable for a PC game.

Also, PoE won't cost you anything to play for a couple of hours.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

TipsyMcStagger posted:

I'm having trouble with endgame defense these days..

Mainly because i don't have tons of hours of video games so when i get a character that i think will work well and it doesn't work out well on higher maps I'm usually too close ot the next league and quit till next league.
I was playing mostly armor guys for years with high life and endurance charges and those worked fine, but getting bored with that. Tried out my first acrobatics/evasion/life character.. finding that i'm doing the HOLY gently caress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111oneone when i get hit for 90% of my hp or getting destroyed on physical reflect.

So what are some core skills combos for tree combos?

Like, Armor/Leech/Resolute Technique/Determination, Armor/Unwavering Stance/Iron Reflexes/Determination

I've never made an Energy Shield/Chaos Innoc/Chaos Reaver/Vaal pact character..

Are these such a thing as viable hybrid defense? like Evasion/Energy Shield or Armor/Energy shield?

Choosing Evasion in PoE is like choosing tourist in nethack, or deprived in Dark Souls.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
Guess I got caught up in a guild purge? I need an invite, character name is Blue_Bond

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Vasudus posted:

Another shout out to Decoy Totem for dealing with Izaro, Argus and really any boss. Works with any build, does need a hefty amount of strength but it's so so worth it. Works well even by itself.

You put the totem down right before the boss goes active, the boss attacks you once (just run around), the boss will then stick to the totem after the first attack, then you get roughly 4-6 seconds of time to beat the gently caress out of them without having to worry much. With Izaro, the only thing that goes after you is the Goddess of Justice's annoying-as-gently caress mortar attack.

Your totem dies, then you summon another one and repeat.

A level 16 Decoy Totem can survive TWO swings from a 2h mace uber Izaro with a bunch of bullshit abilities up. Argus is a joke most of the time but when he frenzies he can destroy the totem lightning fast.

Blind attached to your golem is also a cool thing. Between decoy and blind, I had a single totem (with no links) last all of P3 uber izaro when he had essences up.

Decoy Totem is also really, really great paired with Searing Bond. Once SB hits level 4, it gets a little DOT AOE around everything the beam links to, which includes your character and Decoy Totem. So a lot of melee mobs will just run up to the Decoy Totem and fry. You can just run through the rest because everything is focused on the Decoy. Since you don't need ancestral bond, you can proc Elemental Equilibrium with selfcast GMP ball lightning. That Chieftain node that gives totem fire reflect damage doesn't proc EE, so you're free to use that for extra damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
I really want to do something with Temperal Chains next season. Maybe a Viper Strike slayer?

• Locked thread