Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

J posted:

Here's a preview of a new skill coming in ascendancy called earthquake. Looks like an iteration on ice crash where they wanted to make a slow hitting, powerful skill, but didn't want to make attack speed the best thing to use with it.

The other thing to take away from this:

quote:

The easiest way to do this is with the Less Duration support gem, which will soon also grant More Damage to duration skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

nightwisher posted:

Phys damage will often be taken in quick spikes and IC will protect you from being insta-bursted

Incidentally, we have a very recent example of the types of situations that an IC setup was made to solve.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
You absolutely notice when you get stunned. It happens very infrequently unless you've messed up somewhere in your build, or are doing silly things like taking hits from some of the harder hitting monsters in the game.

Edit: In that respect, CWS would likely serve a different purpose (ie- casting something different than you normally put in CWDT) than CWDT, and not be a comparable replacement.

AegisP fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Feb 29, 2016

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I really want to build max block spellcaster again, but keeping up Bone Offering seems less than appealing even if its effect is amazing. I guess with skill effect and increased duration you could push the duration up to reasonable enough levels?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Apparently one of the helm enchants is 6% attack speed per Reave stack. PER STACK.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Bugsy posted:

Base duration is 3 seconds and it gets an extra .5 seconds per corpse. An extra 64% duration from Increased Duration plus an extra 30% from the Mistress nodes should give you at least 10 seconds of uptime.

Yea, that's what I was considering doing, along with one of the skill duration nodes on the tree for +45% more. I'd be running Blade Vortex, so the extra duration I'd be picking up anyway.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

panda clue posted:

chieftan is like the ascendancy for incinerate, and its going to be good with it as well.

Why Chieftain? Assuming we're not talking about Incinerate totem, Chieftain gives: 30% increased fire damage, 35% increased damage against burning enemies, and 10% fire penetration (and some leech)?

Meanwhile, Elementalist would give you: 30% elemental damage, 8% cast speed, 4s of 100% elemental damage every 10s, 20% fire penetration on casting a lighting skill (Orb of Storms or even just Lightning Warp) and depending on how you're pathing, then the potential for Elemental Conflux.

Or you go Inquisitor and gain: 30% elemental damage, 20% spell damage, 4% cast speed & 20% cast speed (activated just by whirling blades), 30% crit multi & 45% crit multi on enemies with status effects, 100% crit chance against enemies with no status effects, and your non-crits will penetrate 10% elemental resistance (same as chieftain) while your Incinerate crits will ignore elemental resistance completely. Considering that the Increased Critical Strikes gem gives base crit now, Incinerate will be able to finally crit.

You could probably also build Assassin to go fully Incinerate crit, but I'm kind of partial to the Inquisitor.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

elemental conflux probably wouldn't work great with incinerate, very low damage per hit and all

Ignite and Frozen will likely not do all that much, but probably be able to Shock at the bare minimum duration, which with the cast speed of Incinerate would likely produce some damage increase.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Yea, the treasure key system with lootable chests at the end seemed to be quite exciting as an option for those runs.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
How significant is the "10% additional chance to receive a critical hit" on the new unique Block Jewel in terms of a drawback? I'm assuming this is just an additive increase to the mob's base crit chance?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Vanguard Warden posted:

Does anyone know if the boost to your auras from Commander of Darkness is per each aura?

It would be a pretty lovely 2 pointer if it wasn't each, but if it was a singular bonus it would be worded something to the effect of "Gain damage & cast speed while you have an aura" rather than "Auras you cast grant" which implies a benefit to each individual aura.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
It doesn't specify "Non-Curse Auras" like the aura nodes on the tree tend to do, so probably?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Phobophilia posted:

Because I'm both a giant hipster and a giant min maxer, I'm going max block mistress of sacrifice blade vortex.

If this works as well as I hope, I'm going to be invincible.

I ran this last season (minus the Ascendancy of course) with Cybil's Paw and it was hilarious sustain. Gaining Bone Offering is just nuts.

This season is going to be max block, armour, Cybil's Chieftain Incinerate.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I mean, Vinktar's got destroyed, but Taste of Hate is still fantastic even doing 20% conversion to cold.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
The way the system is designed, there are always going to be map mods that are 100% impossible for a given build to do and others that are 100% irrelevant and are simply free map quantity.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

10bux posted:

By the way Monsters can go well above 75% resistance. Your damage of course cannot be reduced by any more of that amount, I'm just saying that's why completely ignoring it is so good. It could potentially be 150% elemental penetration.

Monster resistance above the 75% cap doesn't matter for the purposes of elemental penetration. Penetration is calculated at the point of damage after resistances have been calculated up to the cap. So 75% elemental penetration will reduce a monster's resistances from 75 to 0 whether that monster has 75% total resistances or 150% total resistances.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Bino's nerf makes me sad, if only because it was hilarious seeing your health regen hit 4-5 digits.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Permanent Hardcore just depresses me, because it reminds me that at one point I had acquired both a Lightning Coil (now legacy) and a Rathpith Globe on the same character.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Yea, if you want summoner advice, look for AngryAA or wherever he has his forum threads.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Oh good, I'm not insane. They DID move the New Instance button from below the list to the top of the list.

The number of times I've reentered an old instance out of habit memory was starting to get annoying.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

I don't know how I could live without knowing the gem de-leveling vendor recipes.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

Does anyone know what the "lead to gold" darkshrines do?

quote:

An unequipped white item in your inventory is turned into a rare

Seems a bit meh.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Exalted orb for 2075 coins? Don't mind if I do!

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Saki posted:

If anyone can critique my terrible Juggernaut build that would be great. I'm using Earthquake, Enduring Cry, Warlords Mark and Leaping strike. Oh, and Herald Of Ash. Cheers.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscr...07wH_ZI9zL46w==

Don't split your damage types. You're Earthquake, so you're physical; drop the fire nodes, they're doing nothing for you (Herald of Ash scales off of your Physical damage anyway). Pickup the Two-Hand damage nodes and eventually settle on a weapon type and pickup those associated damage nodes as well. I'd suggest Maces because they both have an Area increase node on one of their notables, as well as the fact that Marohi Erqi is a Mace and you're going to want that weapon eventually. Go up through templar and pickup the Area wheel for more AOE and damage. You want to avoid attack speed nodes (ie- attack speed nodes that don't otherwise have anything else useful on them) when you could have taken damage nodes instead.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Vasudus posted:

I am an explosive arrow champion, which loving owns I might add. My options for my last two ascendency points are:

35% damage and 10% movespeed, always

This one.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Vasudus posted:

Yeah I'm thinking movespeed too. Status effect clearing sounds so tempting though.

Well for one thing, flasks. If you are a lowlife build, it does nothing for you because it triggers "when you reach lowlife" not "when on lowlife" like the Armour/Evasion bonus on the same node states. And if you're not a lowlife build and are triggering the bonus, something horrible is going wrong and status ailments are likely going to be the least of your worries.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Shinino Kage posted:

Ah, they were 1ex last night. Down to 25c in HC right now.

Those are outliers. There are two listings in HC for 20 & 23c which should be bought out immediately, because the entire rest of the field is 1-2ex.

At least, HC Perandus.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Bugsy posted:

http://poetools.com/subclass/

I kind of figured there would be more gladiators in PHC, and :lol: at templars in the PHC top 100.

Duelist basically being renamed Champion for PHC top 100 is also amusing.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
The most common is probably Vaaling a level 20, 20 quality gem (particularly important for spells) to try and push it up to level 21. Otherwise, you Vaal uniques to try for specific Vaal implicits.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Annnnnd, Kobe is gone from atop the HC Perandus ladder.

The Havoc dream is still alive!

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Karnivool posted:

Does anyone know whether a max block necromancer(bone offering) using blade vortex will counter thorns(due to healing from bone offering)?

Regular thorns? Probably. Cybil's Blade Vortex with some life leech and block was able to provide enough healing, so I imagine Bone Offering would.

Pre-nerf Lightning Thorns that still exists on two bosses? I wouldn't try it, personally. That poo poo is loving terrifying.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Has anyone else had some problems loading areas (it just hangs on the loading screen) lately?

Beginning of the league, no problem, everything worked like it always worked, except the DirectX11 setting actually made things a hell of a lot smoother. So I was happy. Then today and yesterday, after the first couple transitions between areas, sooner or later I'll click a town, or my hideout, or just the area I was wanting to go to, it'll pop up the loading screen...and that's all I'll see until I have to force close the game.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Witchfire Brew would drop out of a random chest in Dried Lake when I specifically chose not to go Chaos Blade Flurry.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

TheRat posted:

Sell it and buy something useful!

Yea, it gets to start the Buy Me The Surrender Fund.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Also, do the Chaos recipe religiously.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
A person who finished a league with 25c, reached tier 5 at most in maps, and is still at the point where level 80 is a significant leveling accomplishment, is going to gain more from having a steady source of supplementary income that is readily accessible than attempting to hyperfocus on efficiency for efficiency's sake.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I am very sad that Reckoning and Vengeance can't be supported by Fortify.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Rats seem to always result in a ton of (lovely) currency drops, provided I can see the drat rats.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I'll just throw my remaining 10 fusings at my chest to see if I can't get a 5-link...oh, it worked. :unsmith:

...gently caress, now I have to chrome 4 off colours onto it :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Can a max block life character (Blade Flurry) make much use out of Melee Damage on Full Life?

I'd have to drop Blood Rage, obviously, but I really don't want to rechrome this 5-link that hit 4 of 5 colours. Alternatively, I could just stick Fortify in there and have it permanently up which would also be nice.

• Locked thread