Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Could Shaper please gently caress off from my maps? I've nearly logged twice since he behaves exactly like a lag/desync spike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
He's also swinging all the way up to Templar and into Witch to pick up the remaining Flask nodes and Mind over Matter, while ending up with 6 jewel sockets to offset some/any damage loss of not staying around Ranger/Duelist. And he's taking as much Area Damage as he can, because he's Poison Blade Flurry, and is scaling extra damage from the application of Area Damage both to Blade Flurry's initial hit and the subsequent Poison damage.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Whirling suddenly into a peacock pack with Violent Retailation and instantly gaining 24 stacks of 4% movement speed is the best feeling.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Breaches are great, considering they're fun loot-pinatas with fantastic density, that are 100% controlled by the player if they want to participate in the mechanic or not.

Except Tul. gently caress Tul. Why do your breaches always spawn 2-3 Rare Vortex-spawning assholes immediately?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
People are also crashing on dx9, so it might just be hosed for a while. RIP the map I was running, anyway.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

whypick1 posted:

Tier 1 maps will be the only ones to drop outside of maps. In maps, you'll get anything up to +2 the level of the current map plus the Atlas bonus (so a rare/unique monster might drop something +3 tiers up, but good luck with that).

Map drops still respect drop restrictions. Magic/Rares/Uniques are capped at max to +1 of the current level of the map, with the boss being the only one capable of dropping a +2.

125% completion would, for example, in a Tier 6 map cause any Tier 4 maps that drop to be upgraded to Tier 5 with a 25% chance of being a Tier 6.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I keep managing to sneak maps in between the servers self-immolating. I should probably take the hint and go do something else until they calm down, and stop tempting fate with my HC char.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Finally picked up a Surrender, and now my health bar doesn't move.

This is going to be great.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
If you're physical blade flurry with no poison going on, is picking up a Witchfire Brew solely for the Vulnerability aura worth the flask slot? I keep leaning towards no, but I always come back to "but I could have another more damage modifier...".

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Probably Voll's Devotion.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
The Talisman card seems neat. We could always do with more talismans.

Lingering Remnants, though, 16 cards :lol:

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Max block (or close enough) is such a treat in Breaches. Esh breaches are pretty much a faith building exercise where I pray my self-healing from all of the blocking will carry me through the swarm of enemies.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Flying Spaghetti posted:

Playing this build right now. It levels fast and clears very well with Sunder. I swap to the static strike for Boss fights. Most expensive item is the new The Surrender shield, but it is not required at all.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1647240

Goddamnit.

I've been playing this whole time at 70% block thinking "I...guess I could maybe at some point try to max it out?", forgetting entirely that the very first Ascendancy node I took gives +8% block on being damaged recently.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Just a quick sanity check: The Formless Flame/Inferno's "Armour is increased by uncapped Fire Resistance" is referring to your global total armour, and not the specific armour value of the Helm itself, yes?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I'm up to T9s, though I don't typically clear very fast to begin with. Bosses will take a while, but trash clearing is typically fine, and breaches are great.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
"Allies Cannot Die can no longer spawn on Breach Commanders."

Well, that only took 3 weeks.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Turns out you can in fact block Xoph's blade vortex.

My max block surrender character appreciates the permanent max hp state Xoph puts me in for 60% of the fight.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Sweet, I was wanting to make ED anyway, and the mystery box gave me an Arcane Tome Totem Skin, which was I thought was neat looking.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Probably doing something with max Block again, though previous league was Blade Flurry which is now nerfed. Maybe go back to a spell of some kind with Cybil's Paw?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Could I get like, 15% more life added in the Ranger/Shadow/Duelist area? That'd be swell if they could just magically add a cluster because it's just under my comfort level without having to run all the way over to Marauder.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I'm still downloading :smith:

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
50% inc aoe and 100% chance to pierce on iceshot? That's neat.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
From 1300 to 27000 :smith:

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
It did give me some last minute skill tree re-planning to eek out a comfortable 181% life route with no appreciable loss in damage, so I'm pretty happy.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Customary having Zizaran in the background so I don't miss a hilarious reflect death. Now this queue just needs to countdown faster.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

quote:

Rare Monsters in next Area will have Inner Treasure in addition to their other Mods"

All of them? gently caress yea.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I'm not sure who posted what build where that involves a Victario's Acuity, but I appreciate the jump from 15c yesterday to 35c today, since that just earned me another 20c after I had mine listed up and wasn't selling.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Goa Tse-tung posted:

not unless they bring incinerate back, no

My favourite time in the game still remains Spell Echo Incinerate with a Cybil's Paw, Phase Acro and Max Block, on top of a Lightning Coil.

Nearly everything about that has been changed :(

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
700+ ES chests with a 5L on top of it? No, people actively craft those type of chests to sell since they're in demand.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Breach, Bloodlines, Perandus, and Rampage are my go-tos, with Rampage paired alongside Breach often because free damage/effects that help kill the Breach density is always nice.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
You could farm/buy Celestial Justicar divination cards and then craft the Astral Plate 6L you get from it.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

TheRat posted:

I've found a gamebreaking issue that I need someone to fix. There's no unique jade flask to skin transfer :(

Swap to a Stibnite flask? Sin's Rebirth and Witchfire Brew both look sweet.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I really should be selling these Ancient Reliquary Keys...but like, that's the slot machine mechanic of this league! I need to open them :(

Still down about 66 chaos so far though.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
That feeling when you finally find loving Zana in a map, and the map she's in as well as the map (Olmec's Sanctum) she spawns for you each drop an Exalted Orb :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I just hate the traps. Izaro is not usually the problem, since I'm used to the fight, but gently caress traps in a game like this.

• Locked thread