Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

I ran a nemesis poorjoys yesterday where it seemed every single mob had a volatile rare. It was fun (and rippy).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

J posted:

Exalts are almost up to 80c:1 in LSC right now and it wouldn't surprise me if it keeps going up from here. Hell I wouldn't even be surprised if they hit an all time high for a temp league since there isn't a good zana sink like perandus was last league. Then on top of that, headhunters are 75 exalts. What the gently caress? I just don't see how headhunters are still this goddamn expensive considering nemesis was locked behind a level 8 zana last league.

Slam everything

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

that was a pretty good murderparty

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

I think we only had 1 person crash in a map from the crazyness (and 1 person crash going back to the hideout, lol)

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Jusupov posted:

Yep, the guys from Oriath are [Removed by Support] and apparently one or more of the GGG devs are [Removed by Support] and still hold a grudge against the [Removed by Support] even though they weren't alive during the [Removed by Support].

GGG

poo poo like that is amusing considering all the times I've looked at the forums to see quality users like ForthReich posting at the tops of the threads.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Decided to try Gruthkul's pelt on my warchief totem guy today, and it's very relaxing. Probably a bit squishier than with a brass dome, but ele reflect maps are way easier now (since I'm 100% phys instead of doing anger/herald of ash for added fire damage), dps is virtually the same, and hey, if I die I don't need to waste time turning auras or golems back on. If nothing else I can definitely see it being a very good leveling chest for a lot of builds.

Also the 3d art is solid.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

theshim posted:

well I just got a foil vinktar (added to spells)

um

yep

don't divine it

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Psh, only 400mil/hour? That's some weak rear end poo poo.

We had a 6 man party going through Uul-netol and I was holding 600 million an hour from that, breach supremacy.

But seriously, RF seems to be pretty awesome.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Hopefully tonight we can actually get a 6 man party through a rippy insane poorjoys without say, abaxoth showing up inside of a breach and wiping us. 6 man atziri's are cake in comparison to that poo poo.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Ultima66 posted:

Except apparently exalts are crashing right now so who knows what it'll stabilize at.

I knew I gave away all my exalts at the right time

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Fixit posted:

Yeah. I'm not going to give up on HOWA just yet. Once I get stun immunity I am hoping I can dish out damage while taking it and survive that way. Was looking at different gear while on break. Lowering the ES on poe.trade search results in cheaper items while still getting some good Int and Res rolls. The HOWA char also only has 4k ES with only one cluster of ES nodes. Maybe after getting stun immunity and some more ES nodes it will be better. Then will be able to farm maps and get currency for vessel vinktar.

Post your character if you can, HOWA is one of the most insane builds in the game right now so you should be able to make it feel a-ok.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Quick look on my phone at your gear (couldn't really look at the tree yet) but you should prioritize int way more. You got a lot of slots with no int on them, and a few slots with mediocre amounts. Int scales your damage and es, so it's a pretty big deal.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Fixit posted:

I grabbed the Spirit Void node point (the .8% mana leech) node for leveling. Just like Hooplah said, mana leeching is becoming less and less of an issue. However, I'm holding onto it because running purity of elements and wrath leaves me with about 150 mana. Will swap it out as ES goes up.

If you're running purity instead of discipline that seems like a big mistake.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Also if you're HOWA running wise oak is a pretty good idea anyways (extra penetration is always nice, just keep your lightning resistance higher), and has the added benefit of giving you a bunch of resists while it's up. Was a nice stop gap for me when I was trying to push through the 60's til i could wear good CI gear and was too lazy to fix my resists.

e. I also took a slightly different path down towards unwavering stance (i assume that's where you're heading) so that i could grab the primeval force node on the way. Think i dropped a jewel slot or two (I know i'm only running two fertile minds for example) but it's a nice node.

Getting someone to drag you through merciless and uber lab so you can go back to ignoring status ailments and get all the juicy phasing goodness will make you a lot less squishy too.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

They're random, ask in guild chat for people to keep an eye out for the one you need and you should get it fast enough.

Also you can take a look at my howa for this league here https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MrDespair/characters?characterName=run_the_exalts_Mrd

I have a decent amount of resists on the tree so that I could slack off with gear more (I have a set of non-MF gear to throw on when i'm doing shaper/uber, but you can map up to t16's with biscos/sadima's no problem)

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Step 1 is to buy a premium stash tab, and then you right click on the tab and click the public button.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

xiansi posted:

I'm fairly sure something requiring you allocate life nodes in an ES build wouldn't be so expensive, and I thought 'allocated in radius' was a keyword, and this jewel doesn't have that, just 'in radius', unlike say

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Anatomical_Knowledge

It's so expensive because it's still pretty good, and it's pretty rare now.

e. and you've always had to take the nodes for that jewel to do anything, it's only some of the newer threshold jewels that don't require you to actually allocate things I think.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Valle posted:

Just got booted to login screen, and now it just times out at login. Anyone else get dropped as well?

Yeah, I got dropped.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Fixit posted:

I think the int is around 1,080. I'm not using Purity, its just in there. Item rarity is in there as well for same reason...there is no reason.

I thought on the HOWA the main thing was getting 11% int or better.

Good lord a 6L Regalia is 300+ chaos. I have 99 chaos.

You should have the damage to do shape strand and stuff a-ok, there are a few things taht are bad about your build right now though.

1. your lvl 1 enlighten does nothing right now, buy a lvl2 corrupted and toss it in weapon swap (buy some haku weapons to use for that to level it faster) and sell it when it hits lvl 2 or keep it until it hits lvl 3. That'll give you enough free mana to cast ST no problem (your regen is going to be meh, but you live off of the mana leech which will more than keep you going).

2. Same thing, ditch the mana potion and run something more useful (ideally a vinktars, which is probably worth throwing all your money at because it's that good, but a second onslaught or a granit or something to keep you alive would be better).

3. Your tree is pretty ok, but you've got a few spots that aren't doing much for you but nothing that looks like a deal breaker apart from the fact that you don't have avatar of the veil yet. Getting someone to help you through uber lab (ask in guild chat, odds are someone will help you do it if you provide the offering for free/cheap) will make you soooo much more survivable/do a bunch more damage.

Just doing more maps to get your gems up to 20/20 will help (or buying some cheap corrupted ones) will give you a nice damage boost too. I'd bet that you've got good enough gear to do nearly everything in the game, so just save up for a lightning penetration vinktars and go nuts. Maybe keep an eye out for a 5l regalia with 700+ es and 40+ int afterwards, but you've got all the tools you need.

e. here's my tree/char if you want to see how I pathed around and the gear I use to futz around for mapping (I swap an astramentis/crystal belt/better gloves in for t16's/shaper/uber atziri to speed things up and get me over 10k es) https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MrDespair/characters?characterName=run_the_exalts_Mrd

Dr. Despair fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Apr 17, 2017

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah, you shouldn't need that mana regen node (it's got some int on it to it's not completely useless), but you should have enough leech to be fine. Enduring cry (or whatever ones gives you damage/mana regen) is more useful than that node.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Bob NewSCART posted:

I still need to craft some poo poo onto a few of the pieces and I can't wear some of them on the dude I already have levelled up(my BV character) so give me your ign and I'll catch you in game and shoot you a whisper

Why not just spam guild chat if you can't be bothered taking screenshots or text dumps

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Watch a headhunter race sometime (or better yet, join in on the next one)

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah, don't chance conjurer boots
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Skyforth

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Or when you roll up a fated connections like it's no big deal

I still can't believe that I sold mine this league for more than it would take to buy 1500 fuse by a fairly wide margin

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Whitest Russian posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Whitest_Russian/characters

Should I do anything for the Autistic_Screaching HOWA build besides get Vinktars? I feel like I'm really lacking damage.

Finish off your ascendency points too, avatar of the veil is a big damage/survivability boost.

Finesse and mana flows aren't great choices on the tree (don't think finesse is close enough to the jewel slot to convert to int, so it's just some attack speed), ditch prowess, shouldn't need that with an astra equipped, ditch spirit void and the mana leech node behind it (the combo life/mana leech node is all you really need, this is why you ditch mana flows too), and use all those points you just freed up to start pathing towards unnatural calm and elemental overload for all that extra int and ES and damage. I ditched the whole written in blood life/es node, if you did that you could reach unnatural calm with a decent int boost (70 int or so after scaling if I did the math right), which will also give you a decent es boost on top of the damage you're gaining.

A wise oak flask would also be worth getting in addition to a vinktars, it's cheap and the extra penetration is really worth making sure your lightning resist is highest on your char.

Your gear overall seems fine, although the boot enchant isn't doing a whole lot of good for you, and herald of thunder/ancestral protector/lightning warp aren't doing a whole lot of good for you. At the very least swap out vortex for ancestral protector, and you'll get a decent chunk more damage as your gems level up.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

lol, you vorici 6ld something

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imJTucXv0rQ

there's enough new poo poo getting added that everyone should be super pumped

man i'm so pumped for the new water physics

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Possessed foe prophecy will make all the invasion bosses in the map possessed too.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

I got a legacy rumi's in one of my keys

theshim posted:

legacy vinktar

And I turned part of shim's vinktar into a legacy facebreaker and legacy voidbringer today :toot:

that build is still not as good as my howa but it's fun and goofy to just drop totems and not care about dying becuase you have 0 aura's/golems

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

BobbyK posted:

I think my next big upgrade for my HOWA guy is a Vinktar. Is there anything particular I should look for stats wise on them? Do some of them roll with lightning penetration or something? They all seem generally the same on poe.trade

Yeah, you want lightning penetration if possible (they tend to cost more than the others but it's worth it). A good roll on the charges used doesn't hurt either.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Valle posted:

I had a level 80 tshot Raider that I turned into that build, with some modifications. Like using QoTF instead of Belly, Darkray Vectors and Alpha's Howl (so I can get Grace and Hatred). At level 87 I have 40%ms....before charges. With 10 frenzies I'm at about 130%+ms and stay there throughout the map. This is the most fun I've had all league!

Will HoWA even be in 3.0 though? Breach League item, didn't think they put it in standard so....

They said before the start of 2.6 that they wanted to keep breach around in some form, but hadn't decided how to do it yet (with a vague hint that they wouldn't have to deal with it for 2.6 since it was before leaguestones were announced).

We'll probably have a better idea of how it'll work when the beta hits.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Have you considered buying a currency tab

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Fixit posted:

I have been thinking today about the 3.0 patch. It seems a lot is going to change. Is there any word on end game changing (uber lab, uber atziri, mapping)? I think I have a grasp on how to get some form of currency early game and would like to start looking at builds to make that happen. Something like a totem build or a BV build. This league has been fun but have been struggling with making my HOWA able to do end game bosses. I can do uber lab, tried uber atziri and got my face stompped. So I probably should not try the 4 bosses then shaper.

Uber atziri (esp. the trio) I think is harder for HOWA than guardians or shaper by a fair bit.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Not to mention people complaining that theyll have to someday upgrade their 10 year old pcs

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

quote:

Your build is: Elemental Hit Shadow with Unwavering Stance

I don't like that randomizer

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Elentor posted:

Someone tell me one last broken build for me to play on this league with my first and likely only ever 6-link shav.

Have you already tried golemancer or animate weapon?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

You just gotta embrace the leech while you can. Not much can kill a leeching Howa right now!

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Hyvok posted:

I'm new to POE and I've been sort of trying out all kinds of different builds to try to kinda pick out something for the upcoming 3.0 (highest level character is a LA ranger at 70). Haven't felt like getting in to mapping since the league will end pretty soon any way.

I feel like I'm missing something but pretty much all melee and non-ranged builds seem feel absolutely terrible to play. Mainly the problem is just dying instantly without even having an idea to what. I'm currently playing a tankytwirl (cyclone CoC EK/bladefall) and this one has been the most awful experience so far. He is like a meatgrinder, just destroys everything you cyclone in to and sort of fun to play but he just keeps dying instantly to something all the time. Like You cyclone in to a pack, most of the time you take very little damage but sometimes you just die instantly (this is in cruel btw. lvl 51). Wtf? This has been my experience with other melees as well (not quite so bad though). I have like 50/50/75% resistances right now. I've literally not managed to gain any experience between sceptre of god - dried lake due to dying so many times now. I'm probably missing something important (I am running and trying to keep fortify up with whirling blades and spamming evasion etc. flasks). Like how do you play a melee in HC?

It sounds like you should just take a single character Into the end game so you can actually learn how to play it/get it to the point where it actually works right.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

poe.trade is your friend (as is learning to not let bosses hit you with their big attacks)

def. make sure your resists are capped too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

sounds like it's time for you to give up all hope on ggg producing good content and just go back to playing d3 instead

• Locked thread