Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ixjuvin posted:

Man, I'm still hoping that the Ascendancy trees could make CI/ES builds not heinously expensive, I'd like to try one for once :(

They're not that expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

The Varanustra sword might be an okay starter endgame weapon, but it pales in comparison to a proper 300pdps 1-hander that you really want. Stacking a ton of linear return multiplier won't be as effective as boosting your more multiplier with more base damage.

It's 270 PDPS with quality and you can easily hit 600%+ on a tree with it.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

According to my maths is 250pdps with quality. Whetstone quality is additive, not multiplicative, with local increased %physical damage.

Edit: The more I think about it, the more I do think such a build is intriguing. How you you build your tree around it?

Oh hmm. I thought they changed it back when they did it for armor.

e: apparently they didn't do it for either? :confused:

Kild fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Feb 23, 2016

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Bugsy posted:

Look like an awesome skin transfer.

It's ~310 ES with quality and I'm assuming this is a low roll. With 300 str its another 60 ES (its global so the local modifier won't apply). 400 ES/500 armor 70 life 15 all res ZO chest seems decent.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Dreggon posted:

what curses boost chaos damage if any? i need like, 3 curses

depends on method of application

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mince Pieface posted:

Isn't this pretty much strictly better than Granite Flasks?

Only against things that can kill you. Trash mobs its better to use Granite. (You can also use both)

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

Just to clarify something, is it possible to get multiple ascendancy classes from the same base class? So as a Witch, can I say put 2 points into Necromancer, then 4 points into Occultist, or any combination thereof?

No

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Eh my gear wasn't that good on my Monk and I only died going to act 2 until I got better gear and then didn't die again until Diablo all prenerf

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mystery Prize posted:

I'm talking about like, Patch 1.0.3 (June or so) where it literally didn't matter what gear you had in A3+, if you got hit more than once you died. Most rares just one shotted you anyway.

It was definitely possible but I am going to call you a filthy liar if you try to tell me you did all of A3 and A4 without dying until Diablo. Either you are the best Monk player who ever existed or you're talking about some point post nerfs.

I did it all prenerf. I killed Diablo like a day or 2 before the nerf.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

kaaj posted:

I'm speaking from a perspective of somebody who has ~70 premium tabs, so I might be a bit biased but giving everybody a free premium tab might be a good way for the players to start abuse the system (i.e. create an account now and re-sell it later).

I think they should make this tab an extra award if you'd i.e. kill Malachai on normal or something similar which involves the player a little.

Why would you resell it if it was just a thing every account had. You're assuming it'd be some limited time thing.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Is there anyone who doesnt already have a premium tab that thinks this is okay?

Everyone thats for it is like gently caress you got mine and if you dont like pay up too

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TheRat posted:

Kyle, are you trying to tell me you dont have premium? This is going to have consequences.

That's irrelevant.

Any new or returning player is going to offput with paygating something as essential as trading. Imagine if Lockstep was paygated.

"Hey did they ever fix trading?" "Sorta and you have to pay for it" is not a good way to get players to return of new players to join if their biggest issue is trading.

Or "Yeah theres free trading but you have to use a 3rd party tool that either spoofs your login or you outright give it to" Which they even say is something that doesn't look good to new players.

And how long will that last? What if he starts stealing login info or someone else does?

Why even go to the length of keeping it walled if you know it hurts new players and it looks shady to even use those 3rd party tools. Its not like its some limitation.

Kild fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Mar 1, 2016

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Stuntman posted:

Yeah, it really sucks that GGG made you unable to trade at all, post on the trade forums, or talk in trade unless you have a premium stash tab.

Yeah no one ever complained about that stuff or quit because of it. They totally did this trade update because everyone enjoyed doing that before. :jerkbag:

"Well theres free trading too, you can get ripped off in Trade 1 and see walls of spam or spend hours browsing the forums, Totally try out POE!"

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Moddington posted:

They made the game better but not better enough and I am so angry about this right now.

Who is angry about it?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TheRat posted:

You do know that most of the changes dont require premium tabs right? And we havent even heard from ggg if they plan to offer a free tab to people, which I strongly suspect they will.

There's 2 changes in the blogpost they posted and 90% of it is the public stash tabs. The other half is some API stuff to more reliably see if someone is online. I'm sure that other half is make or break unlike the first half.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Moddington posted:

4chan, Reddit, and the official forums.

But I guess that's par for the course, isn't it?

TheRat posted:

Reddit is having a total meltdown over it

Everything I see is people in favor of it or saying give a single tab. the current top post is a thank you for it so...?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Couldnt you just keep using your 3rd party program to list poo poo

Yes you as a current player aren't affected. What about a returning or new player? Fork over $20 on this game you just started or give your login to a third party thing you have to download shouldn't be an answer to "how do I trade?"

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

What? This is just explaining how the API works.

Safari Disco Lion posted:

A third party thing most people have been using for years without complaint, which is still there and exactly the same as before. Quit your bitching.

Lol. That's why they pushed this because there was no complaint let alone they mentioned it in their own loving blog post.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TheRat posted:

And showing a bunch of uses of it that dont require the user to pay anything. There's more API functionality to be released today/tomorrow aswell.

Uses such as "possibly setting up buy orders if such a thing existed" and "currency trading possibly easier" and "more items listed"

Am I missing something?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Dude also says "shop tools are dead" and "these tools no longer server any purpose". You and he are both whiny pissbabies going all nuclear pants-making GBS threads mode over nothing.

Huh. You seem to be projecting.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

climboutonalimb posted:

I got a consuming dark dagger last night from Cadiro for pretty cheap. It's 50% damage conversion. The infernal mantles I see on poe.trade are all 25% conversion. Can you still get 100% fire to damage conversion from another unique or is it now capped at 75% now?

You get 2 of the daggers

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Velveteen posted:

So I was doing maps when I see Cadiro eagerly trying to sell me one of his precious items. I went to him and he offered me an aegis aurora for cheap and I immediately bought it. What is this shield good for? I know its expensive but is there a build that uses this? I was thinking of selling it and buying something like shavronne's since I get to try low life builds for once unless there is something fun to use it with.

You use it with a max block build to never run out of energy shield. I don't know of any current popular builds with it but it was popular in one of the "Blender" builds.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

y

Sgt. Slaughter posted:

Hello friends,

Is Skyblazer still the right guy to PM to get set up with a guild invite?

only pm him and do it multiple times.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Charan never even got past like level 70 or has ever mapped before.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The Real Foogla posted:

Vaal Righteous Fire I think, takes balls of steel tho

You just use Vaal Immortal Call tho?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ronya posted:

it wasn't worth it to quality uniques and rares to 6S/6L previously, so the change may have buffed that.

they did murder the production line for white 6L bases, perhaps to counter the influx of divination card 6Ls

is there a sink for scraps now?

Chisel Recipe

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Gibbo posted:

What unique has the "your attacks are not prevented by insufficient mana" on it again?

In typing that I remembered the right wording to search for it.

soultaker

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ZenVulgarity posted:

How do you view the ascendant nodes on the poe skill thing

on the website? you pick the ascendancy and then an arrow shows up on the little wheel thing where you start that shows your current str/int/dex

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Magic monsters have a 50% chance to avoid fleeing for any reason, and rare monsters are immune to this gem's effects.

loving lol

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Firos posted:

Any goons on SC perandus got Elreon 8? I want to multimod my sweet T2 crit mult dagger :getin:

Just PM JessicaBBB she gets level 8 every master every league before everyone and doesn't scam/ask for money (she appreciates tips tho)

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

~200 is the expected amount.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TheRat posted:

Pretty sure 200 is way below average. Vorici 6 is 350, so I'd expect average 6 to be around 300.

you're forgetting the new quality bonus.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Seems like a bit much to get speed, ele dmg and crit on a sword

Actually they're typically cheap as gently caress.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The March Hare posted:

If I want to take the tooltip DPS challenge (not literally, just trying to deal massive dips–it doesn't actually have to be on the tooltip) and just try to one-shot bosses in PSC what's my best bet? I was thinking assassin self-cast discharge w/ all 3 elements and a bunch of curses but I'm open to suggestions. I also briefly considered tri-golem self-cast discharge elementalist w/ the 20% resist pierce node and elemental overload, but I'm not sure that would be better than just running actual crit. I'll die to reflect either way, but v0v.

Vaal RF for sure. If you get VP and link it to LL and use warlords mark blasphemy you can't even die to reflect

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The March Hare posted:

This sounds Very Good to me. How the hell do you get souls for it though?

you only use it for bosses/rares? you kill everything else with AoF Arc or whatever else you wanna use.

e:

https://www.twitch.tv/foxtactics this guy is running aof arc + vrf if you wanna see it in practice.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1628996

his guide

Kild fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Apr 7, 2016

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9jl1nETtKI

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

resting bort face posted:

Is this jewel any good? It seems good.

most jewels aren't worth much unless they have life on it.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

moush posted:

Anyone tried Vaal Molten Shell before? Mathil posted a video and it looked hilarious.

its broken with scold's bridle

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Bob NewSCART posted:

Is there an earthquake build that doesn't use mahori whatever hammer? I wanna attack things really fast, not slowly

Any varunastra build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Moddington posted:

At least it's a guaranteed 6-link, but one that costs a 6-link, 3 divines, and 3 >13% gems? Why would anyone ever do this recipe except to complete a collection or for a skin transfer?

because they like the sword?

• Locked thread