Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

regulargonzalez posted:

Can Melee Splash support Molten Strike? The actual attack is single target stop I could see it maybe working, but it also has an aoe effect so it probably doesn't.

Infernal Strike is cooler anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't think a lot of people realize that if you face-cast Spark, all of the projectiles hit the target directly in front of you. So it's a really good melee-range single-target spell too. Obviously not good if you skimped on ES or +life/armor or whatever. But it's not the worst AoE spell ever if you try to use it single target. Not to mention it's a character level one spell so if you're like me and prefer to level with your actual build instead of respecing into a new one once you get enough XP, that's an option.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Count Uvula posted:

When was the last time you used Spark? I don't believe it's been that way since before the shotgunning changes.

I just realized I haven't used it for like 2 years lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Essence Drain looks like it will be badass, on top of the leech effect probably making it a little bit easier to stay alive... I might be playing like my 4th Intelligence Witch this league

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That feel when you want to play this but you work a nightshift so I have to sleep instead.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really wish they'd make a unique staff or something that lets you link two actives and have them cast at the same moment... Like you can link Ball Lightning and Conductivity, so it shoots the curse at your curse and a ball lightning in that direction. IDK. It would be more inefficient than just using Curse on Hit or just Lightning Penetration or the new curse auras, but it would be cool. Or something silly like Cold Snap and Lightning Mark or whatever its called.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
BTW the character your supposed to whisper in the OP doesn't exist

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They need to allow numbers in names so I can play a Templar named PraiseAllah420

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Holyshoot posted:

Pretty sure exalts drop in price once they peak. I'd sell it right now for 60c that sounds about as high as it's going to get.

Yeah but won't you be able to buy more poo poo with an exalt as the league goes forward and there's actually more than a handful of good uniques/rares floating around.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All I need is a currency tab, a leveling tab, a non-leveling uniques tab, and then after that every tab gradually gets filled with tons of skill gems that I can't buy on whatever character I was playing that month. You know, just in case I need them.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What spell is that dagger for

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I kinda want to do that now since I've gotten a Voll's Protector in normal or cruel in every league I've played anyway.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ronya posted:

my crit LA ranger just reached level 78 in the middle of a Dried Lake when I was suddenly seized by an intense feeling of ennui

just... wow, this is boring. Non-frustrating now that I have 4k lmp+chain tooltip rather than 1.6k, but still drab to play, and the next gear improvements cost tons of jewelers and fusings. I just ain't feeling it.

is this what fuels alt-itis

This usually happens to me in Act 4 also. It's a major effort struggle for me to try and kill those annoying rear end bosses in anything past Normal. SO i have like 20 characters

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AegisP posted:

From watching Havoc, he's mentioned that there's a range of upper maps that he just can't run solo with it and boss killing often can come down to "did I crit? No? Well guess I'm not doing it". That's not necessarily to say it still isn't pretty great for farming, but that it does have some limits.

Couldn't you potentially dos omtehing retarded like portal out, go to a low level instance somewhere and wipe it in like 2 minutes flat with whatever you build souls with, then come back.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like chromes/jewelers/fuses but there needs to be a way to auto-click them basically. Like I should be able to click my item once and have it spend as many currencies as it takes to get what I want, automatically. RNG fuckery sucks, even with Vagan, IMO.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really love Arc in general. Crit arc can get expensive but I have a level 73 self-found crit arc character and it works reasonably well. I don't have the survivability or clearspeed that someone with perfect rolled Shav's and perfectly rolled mirrored high crit chance rare daggers, but it's good enough that as long as I don't get raped by a boss that crits me with chaos damage, I'm fine in T1/T2 maps. I didn't follow a build.

So basically you can do whatever with Arc as long as you stack damage and you're fine lol.

Larry Parrish fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jan 3, 2016

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hate that Daresso has the best area in Act 4, but I have a tendency to have him drop a spinny sword on me, which will stun me, and then at that exact second he does that teleport attack that does a shitload of damage and stuns me again, still getting murdered by the spinny sword. The only character this didn't happen on was a Sweep Duelist who had like 7k life

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheRat posted:

Why are you even bothering with merciless daresso?

I always die once to him on every character like that in normal and then cruel. It's starting to get kinda ridiculous

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheRat posted:

Do you have a decently high cold res when you fight him in lower difficulties? If not, trying bringing a sapphire flask. If you have low hp, low armour AND low cold res you're just going to get buttfucked.

I always fight him res capped

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheRat posted:

Is there a spell-based build out there that uses mana but doesnt reserve any? I've always viewed clear mind as a blood magic jewel.

It seems to me that Mind over Matter + Clear Mind + Blood Magic linked Clarity would potentially be good.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My only real complaint with PoE now is that drop rates still suck but I guess Magic Find builds are also extremely popular, except I don't usually use my stash for gear on purpose, and I don't trade often because I'm a self find weirdo. But its better to get no uniques than a million Wanderlusts and Last Resorts I guess.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Even though I have force move bound to left click I seem to do some kind of epic blunder move where I accidentally get stuck against an add and swerve into a landmine to path around it, which stuns me and makes me get stuck in his TV static portal

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trading is for losers

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I frequently run out of key binds because I'm a fag who loves having a 2L skill or whatever if I have the slots for it and it's situationaly useful. Also, I really hate loving with auras when I die or log in or whatever.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My PC broke after I ran the first Act 3 start. :(

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Shaper of Desolation seems cool

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was making a Barrage Volley Fire guy and then build of the week happen and all the good ranger leveling uniques are twice as expensive and Volley Fire is 30 chaos. gently caress you GGG

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Speaking of Pyre, seems like a pretty cool ring. Not really sure what it's good for since I'm doing a Lightning Arrow build. Could probably make something cool with it if I was a burning-based DoT build though

It's also suspiciously valuable for what seems like a niche unique

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's a lot of party based uniques and skills though, like the support gems and key skills that boost auras for other people, or the helmet that buffs party damage but lowers your own

• Locked thread