Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
What do you guys think a 6-link Cherrubimīs Maleficence is worth in Talisman Softcore?
Not that i intend to sell it right now, but i cant even hazard a guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I played 3 characters to 89/90/91 and still miss "kill Junith Perandus" and "open a Perandus Treasury".
What am i doing wrong?
Is it just bad luck or do they only appear on/above/below certain maps/zones?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Count Uvula posted:

Perandus family members only appear in Merciless I believe, but it's luck. You could buy one from a pubby but they'll be really expensive.

I would rather not trust a random with anything he cant put in a trade window to be honest...

Do you mean strictly merciless, or merciless and above (i.e. maps)?
Also i got a treasury in the unique map and it doesnt count for the achievement (might be a bug).

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Count Uvula posted:

Merciless and above.

You should post a bug report on the treasury thing, but just to make sure you're aware: You have to be the person who actually clicks on it to get the challenge. If a party member opened it, you wouldn't get the credit.

I know that, and my party members at this time knew it too (since ive been repeating this every 10 minutes for over a week now) so the click was mine.
Are they really THAT rare to find or am i just uniquely unlucky?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
what channel do you ask in for challenge kills/chests?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

StashAugustine posted:

I kind of feel like I've hit a plateau with my character, not in their build but in how I'm using him. I've gotten to level 86 on an ice trapper, have pretty decent gear, build is going ok. But I've hit a wall on t11 maps and feel like I'm spending way more currency than I'm making. I've been chiseling/alching t10 maps, using chaos on anything without packsize or with lovely quantity, but still feel like I'm getting nowhere.

Lvl 86 running T11?
I usually do 90 with max T9 maps, up to 85 its blue with packsize. 85-90 is 1 chisel/alch, especially with the ice trapper you can run ANYTHING. Given, no reg is kinda bad, i reroll that one, but literally everything else is good to go.

Edit: get Orchads and run them as much as you can. Density there is insane even without packsize, and the boss is a joke for icetrappers. (as is anything else really, this build is retarded. positively.)

Yolomon Wayne fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Apr 12, 2016

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

StashAugustine posted:

I was running t11 since it's the absolute bottom of my XP penalty, don't die that often (maybe once or twice a level)

You shouldnt care about xp penalty really. More maps to level = more drops in each level = more maps for next level.
If you have to fall back to T8/T9, its better to do it at 86 than on 89.
Youre getting 79% from T8, which is perfectly fine. Even T7 is, honestly.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Bugsy posted:

SC i hope? Because thats level 60 flasks and only 1200 hp.

You do realize heīs got 3400 ES, right?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Another evening of NOT getting Junith or Treasury, im kinda getting fed up with the league.
Missing 3 achievements for the portal effect out of

Chests
Guardians
Enchantments
Trinkets
ID T1 uniques
Vaal Temple
Zana level 8

Those two plus trinkets seemed like the most reasonable ones.
I have never gotten zana to 8, and will not get to this in this league either, 4 T1 uniques challenge means 8 ex minimum, cant afford at this time.
Enchantment-challenge is retarded lottery, so thats out of question too.
Vaal Temple is 2 Ex, thats ok. Still leaves 2 though, one of which will likely be trinkets if the last one i need spawns.
Leaves one more, so im still stuck with getting lucky on Treasury or Junith in the end.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

funmanguy posted:

Perandus manor for your rare chest needs.

Reminds me to contact support for the one i clicked that didnt count.
How long back can they check, or do they even do that anyways?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Tai posted:

So I keep hearing that an ice trapper is the way to roll.

I had a look the builds on poe (a lot) and was wondering if they have a build they recommend. Nothing expensive needed please. 8 Chaos to my name.

You can run an icetrapper without a unique on you and still be facerolling.
In fact, my only unique is a corrupted perandus blazon with +1 trap on it.

The ONLY thing an icetrapper needs is cruel ascension. Everything else is optional.

Start shadow (obv.) and go elemental path with trickery, assassination, coldhearted, up to written in blood to reach hasty construction.
You can from here go down to grab Blood drinker and maybe power and frenzy charge, dodge/spelldodge, down to Master Sapper.
Pick up Munitions and Herbalist in any case, might wanna go for crit node on your way.

North you go from hasty to Blast Cascade and into the witch area for life/mana, more crit, area damage and power charge.
Now you can either go templar for spelldamage/life/aoe or up to double curse.
I tried elemental overload but it doesnt trigger from spells, so youd need something selfcast like Lightning orb with increased crit to get it to proc and then you have no multiplier. I tried and i decided to take my 300% multiplier over 40% more damage. Id not recommend, but its up to you.

Try to match your "can have X active traps" with the number of traps actually thrown to be a multiple of it, otherwise you waste casts.

Have fun 1shotting blue packs, 2shotting rares and 3shotting bosses.

Pro-Tip: set up icebomb - trap - less duration - clustertraps for increased retardation. Icebomb-traps, once triggered, stay as spell, but the "trap counter" is free.
Like i have 12 active traps.
I throw 3 packs of 4 bombtraps, they trigger, leaving 12 icebombs on the field but i now have 0 traps on the field which means i can immediatly throw 3 packs of 4 icetraps directly behind where the icebombs just doing -cold resist, then traps explode, then bombs explode.

Use loot filter.

Edit: you can go a step further if you want, take the ring that converts 100% ice to fire, then dual wield the 50% fire to chaos daggers.

Yolomon Wayne fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Apr 13, 2016

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

The Real Foogla posted:

Juggernaut and EQ, it's been posted here already and you can go to 10 charges pretty easily, which should be enough to get to red maps (8 Tree and Bandit, 2x Kaoms Sign).

Spam vaals on decent belts to get another +1 for either 11 charges or 10 and a ring that doesnt cripple your resists.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Nezkar posted:

I have found 3 treasuries since reading your post and you are never on. I am currently holding an instance with one if you're around

e: treasury gone

You can probably buy a spot in a Vaal Temple for around 20c rather then the entire map.

Oh, sorry, Dark Souls kinda got in the way.
I appreciate what you have done there, wish i had been around.

Do you remember where you found the treasuries?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Katasi posted:

I feel like capping your resists is so easy that this isn't particularly worthwhile.

Really depends on your build, especially if youre running uniques or budget.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Nezkar posted:

t6, temple was the one I was holding for you, but I've also seen them in Ship Grave Yard Cave in act 1 merci - my cadiro hunting spot.

Ok, so chests arent level-locked appearently.
Still amazing how the RNG gives you 3 in a day while i havent got 1 on 3 90s.
Ill keep looking next time i am on, im not in a hurry anymore.
At this point im basically done with the league except 3 achievements for the portal.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Nezkar posted:

Ship Grave Yard Cave in act 1 merci

Neat tip btw., next time i ragequit DS3 i might try that one.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
36/40, im off to some DS3 until next league.

Wish i played standard, all the currency from the last 4 leagues would pile up nicely.
Maybe i try HC next league, lets see.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

killstealing posted:

Up to t5 maps and still nuking bosses in a few casts

How do you generate charges on bosses?
Thats my biggest problem at the moment, im currently planning on going romiras banquet+ frenzy for single target kills...

Also, does anyone know how spell echo interacts with discharge?
Lets say, for example, you are a juggernaut with volls devotion and romiras banquet.
You hit an enemy, get a power charge and hit discharge.
Would Discharge go off once with your 1 power charge, transforming it into 1 endurance charge due to Volls, which means maximum endurance charges due to Ascendancy, and go off a second time due to spell echo with max charges?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Vasudus posted:

It depends on the boss. Generally speaking I don't discharge on the boss without having EC off cooldown so I can immediately generate charges again. I try not to rely on the charge generation from getting hit. I'm less careful if they're with a steady enough stream of mobs, because chances are one of them would generate charges from warlord's mark.

I don't think you can echo discharge.

How much damage did you spec in the tree?
I can melt packs without problems but bosses are painfully slow to burn down.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Id love to run a phoenix-less RF, but then again im in no mood whatsoever to grind leo to 3.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

killstealing posted:

I swap out aoe and swap in conc effect, that burns bosses down pretty quickly though add-less bosses are a major weak point (I couldn't get atziri down before walking into a flameblast for example). For reference merc Izaro died in 2-3 of those discharges at 80

I'm honestly so close to RF I might try speccing into some more regen (think I'm like 1% off sustain). Then again I can also buy a 2nd doryani's and see where the damage train stops

I dont get it.

Izaro at 80 took me the better part of 5 minutes, thats with equilibrium and ice nova for trigger.
Then again, he had like 15 endurance charges.

Im now running RF with phoenix and purity, discharge is now more of a secondary for me.
With teh 10 charges, im somewhere at 21% life reg.
The only thing thats dangerous is when a discharge doesnt trigger an endurance charge (im blaspheming warlords mark with the purity) and a stun prevents enduring cry.

I initially tried going for endurance charge on stun, but its impossible without going extremly heavy into melee.
Well, initially initially i wanted to make this CoC with a Trypanon and ECoS for charge supply, but then i discovered trypanon was perandus exlusive...

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I cant find the fucker for Day of Sacrifice part 1.
Wiki says "Vaal Ruins" which would be the act 2 zone by that name, but ive reset it 10 times without the prophecy showing up, and cleared it 5 times blind and still nothing...

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Phobophilia posted:

Yeah that was a bitch to clear out, I found it in Vaal Ruins. This mob hunt prophecy type doesn't show up on the quest tracker. Just run through it until you find a Vaal Fallen (melee mob, holds a 2-hander). It's a pain at normal difficulty mob densities.

Ok, just ran into him in a leftover desert map that happened to spawn vaal-type enemies.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Not that i need it, but nonetheless: I killed the loving big bird 3 times now while holding the screaming eagle in hand, still the prophecy wont go off.
Do i need to kill map-big bird instead of aqueduct-big bird?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I had a gem in it... thanks, got it now.

New problem:
I got a 6link chest.
RF is worthless in a 6link, as there are 2 supports for it, so that leaves me with discharge.
What supports should i go with in a marauder 10 endurance discharge?

Discharge - Fire Pen - Iron Will - Elemental Focus - controlled Destruction - AoE?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
RF Discharge Marauder in full swing now, oneshotting exiles and T5 map bosses at lvl 82.
6Link definitly helped a bunch, although expensive i have good mana regen.
Running RF without charges up is fantastic, as with charges im running RF and still regging 10% life/sec.

Currently wielding a crafted +2 fire gems void sceptre to buff the purity, this is going to be my next upgrade once i stack a few regals.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

gonadic io posted:

I'm already thinking about my next build. Would it be insane to run a LL/RF/Vortex juggernaut? Any DoT or elemental damage nodes work with both of them, as does elemental weakness and vulnerability. The build needs lots of life regen (with Zealot's Oath), and cannot be stunned saves you an amulet slot.

Just add some lightning damage to attacks, pick up EE, then whirl in, vortex, and whirl around keeping up fortify and - 50% to fire and cold res.

I feel RF doesnt do satisfying damage, even with EE.
Its nice to see packs melt on their own while i roll a cig or touch myself, but in the end of the day it feels slow.
Regen with a marauder is not an issue though, just pack 2x kaoms way and pick up regen from the tree and youre sitting on 20% roundabout.
Have a consecrated ground bottle handy and you can pretty much facetank anything short of ghosted abaxoth.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Noper Q posted:

I have a stupid build idea, and I have to write it down or it'll be bothering me all night.

Shield Charge + Facebreaker (for easy damage) + Cast on Melee Kill + an Offering skill + Nercromancer.

Minimum level CwDT + Desecrate?

Writhing Jar to get it all started?

Does all of that work together? How high can Spirit Eater stack?

I'm torn between Flesh offering for even more attack and move speed versus Spirit offering's free chaos damage and ES.

Please tell me this doesn't work somehow so I don't have to make this dumb character.

Thanks, now i have to roll a CoCsplosion toon after work.
Skill - CoC - desecrate - splosion - spell damage or whatever

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Couple other questions...

hierophant, Sanctuary od Thought.
Do the 50% reduced cost of skills stack to 75% or additively to 100%?
Does 0/0 energy shield count as "full"?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

dis astranagant posted:

You can't get sanctuary of thought it comes with a big pile of ES and you have to take a weak version of MoM before it. But it does add to 100%, it just goes away as soon as you start taking hits.

It comes with lots of ES from Mana, which would be removed if i took Blood Magic, which removes mana.
Gear without any local ES means all increased ES%/Intelligence multipliers turn out zero, all ES/Mana multipliers turn 0 with BM.
So in the end, i could turn this into a 0/0 ES, question is if this counts as "full" though.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
1000 rampage streak done, i feel better now.

Actually, 24 achievements done and gently caress the monkey, i finished this league.

Might roll up some new retarded build, any suggestions?
Tried a wander but deleted him after using kinetic blast for an hour which was outdamaged by an unlinked blade vortex. Also im not into any CoC stuff.

e: Does EK work these days?
Im kinda interested in phys-to-chaos with dual obliterators and a lightbane, and i cant help but notice all those things ranger has for projectiles...

Yolomon Wayne fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jun 13, 2016

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Count Uvula posted:

Not to re-suggest KB, but how the hell did you make a wander that bad?

Likely by not playing him past normal.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Phobophilia posted:

Yeah I didn't obliteration wand until I hit 62, and even then it felt pretty bad until I could fill out a few more passives.

Feels super good now, even with garbage jewelry.

Think ill give it another try, elemental witch this time.
Dual Obliteration and LIghtbane, cause why the gently caress not.

I have something like this in mind:
(Should be around lvl 85ish)
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...ZKNfQMeH0HUB9yN

Do golem effects even stack?
If i take 2 chaos golems, does that make it 80% increased chaos damage?
Do i get 6% phys reduction from each golem?

I know it could use more life, but then again, what build couldnt?
This also works as CI but then id need a spirit shield and that means i could dual wield oblits, and i kinda want to.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Phobophilia posted:

I basically followed Dela's Obliterator, except I skipped the Corruption Cluster in the top left of the tree. I went for as much life as possible, and even then I feel squishy because I don't have any actual defenses. Also, 2 golems of the same type don't stack. It's a bit of a PITA to keep both golems alive, tbh.

Remove the full stop in the url

I usually put golems in cwdt setups since the buff scaling isnt too good.
Also i cant parse that into the offline planner and cant access the online page from here.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

ronya posted:

tip: today's Leo daily is 180 seconds idling in Sarn, useful for propelling him to level 3

what?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Zotix posted:

What skills should be the first links into earthquake? Any other active skills I should be using in an earthquake build besides EQ itself?

Totems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhksmt5FQU0

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

The Real Foogla posted:

I watched Ghuddas stream, and he gets gibbed by stuff jebquake just laughs at. Of course he has drastically higher clear speed, but that's not unique imo.

Isnt the point of a build a middle ground between not dying but actually getting something done in a reasonable timeframe?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I feel it needs to be toned a good amount though.
95% of all prophecies i get are flat out worthless with either the nth unique that sells for under 1c due to oversaturation or award simply nothing at all.
The rest are chains for the council or upgrade quests for the 2 or 3 that are worth it for specific builds.

The RNG is too heavily on getting the prophecy instead of rewarding it.
It should be split more, so that the rewards arent that finalized.
If i get another drillneck prophecy im bummed, since after day 1 it become simply a time/moneysink to get rid of it.

Some chains dont make sense at all, like the anarchy one.
A 4 step prophecy to get a set of 13 divination cards for a corrupted voltaxic. Amazing. Especially since theres also a one-step prophecy for a non-corrupted voltaxic.
The card set is pointless to begin with, having a quest for it doubly so. Quadruply after the voltaxic nerf. And then you could get a clean one for under 3c.

Prophecies should be rarer but more rewarding each.
Rewards should be randomized within certain parameters, such as "will drop a unique" or "unique weapon/jewelry/buttplug".
Also the "turn in 5 uniques for a random unique" should be available all the time at Navali, or even all vendors.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Hauki posted:

Yeah, one of my main issues is 95% of the find item prop echoes literally cost me more to get rid of than I would get back from selling the item. And since the rare spawn rates are randomized rather than guaranteed, you're frequently faced with the choice of farming possibly for hours for a sub 1c unique or paying 1c worth of coins just to clear the poo poo out of your log.

Mind you, I actually like the idea as a whole, but I think it needs some further tweaking and refinement before it gets added to the game permanently.

Just spitballing now, but I'd kinda prefer if they broke the prophecies up into tiers, so you were way more likely to get stuff like wanderlust, geofri's, the transmute makes %ms boots, etc in normal, and by the time you hit maps it'd be more tempests (good or bad), extra map mods, funky exiles, merc/uber lab modifiers, etc. with a sprinkling of rarer 'kill x for a y in a map' that had actually decent rewards. I.e. have the free unique stuff occur much less commonly in the pool of endgame prophecies, and ideally up the variety of items/prophecies as well, so no one unique just bottoms out immediately. And personally I wouldn't mind more "bad" prophecies as opposed to wasting an hour trying to farm a sixth storm prison that I'll never use and never be able to sell.

I like the idea of buying a tier of prophecy.
Like at the beginning of the league you might want to get those leveling uniques, and later the upgrades and then some top tiers.
Each with price increases of course.

I mean the idea of upgrading uniques is amazing, but id have needed them at lvl 30 instead of 80. Back then an upgraded reverberation rod would have been awesome, now its alch shards at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

StashAugustine posted:

It also doesn't help that 90% of the upgraded uniques are still trash while 10% are insane

Most of those are BiS for roundabout 5-10 levels, then are beaten by any decently rolled rare.
And you wont have them in those 5-10 levels unless you buy them for an alch, which is good, and later get them yourself to sell them for an alch, which is bad.

• Locked thread