Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Yeah, Standard is a dumping ground for most people. Some people like playing on it and I can't really fault them for it, but it seems so boring. But hey, whatever makes people happy.

I too, like many, use it for a testing ground. You typically get a free full respec every league so I always have a level 90+ character with a blank slate ready to test whatever dumb ideas I have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Oh poo poo, I forgot about the Mayhem race. How is it? I might have time this weekend to play it maybe.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I played a bit this morning and I had breaches in my Twilight Strand. Can you not change what you get with an instance reset? I loaded 10 instances of the submerged passage hoping for not invasion bosses and didn't get anything different.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Buy premium tabs so you can use poe.trade

Get the essence/div/quad tab when they're bundled on sale.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's generally recommended that you START with meta builds, as the hard work of theorycrafting out build mechanics and synergy is already done for you. Once you become more familiar with the game and learn how each mechanic interacts, you can start to craft up your own. Although the game is ten times more forgiving about just picking something and running with it, you will eventually hit walls with a build you craft on your own often enough.

Usually what I do now is look at what other people are doing as a baseline. Like in Legacy, there was a Frostbolt Ignite Elementalist that Mathil made popular. I liked the idea and was completely unaware of just how goddamn good the threshold jewels are for Frostbolt. So I made a Frostbolt Assassin that uses Hrimburn for my ignite source; same basic idea but applied very differently. It was a ton of fun and could do everything in the game.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm going to run a maximum frenzy full conversion ice shot raider. Gonna use Death's Opus, Southbound and those essence ring crafts that give 4-7 cold damage per frenzy charge. Should be pretty good!

Or it won't be!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I would also like a beta guild invite. Character name is Vasudus.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Just so I'm clear for a build idea, the only way to increase poison damage from an attack now is chaos/ailments/generic damage right? I've got an idea that I need to theorycraft out and it's bow-based chaos/poison.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Since fated weapons are a bust until Wave 4, does anybody know how Blight is handled now? I've never done Blight before.

gonadic io posted:

According to the wiki Kinetic Blast does up to 150% of base attack damage which is more than puncture and frenzy.

KB is awful for bleeds. You do not want to use it. That 150% is broken up.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Every one of my builds in Legacy was CI, except for my first one which was life based. Same with Breach. In 3.0 I think every build I make is going to be life based.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Oh my god that looks so good. I've been dying for a reason to do a lightning spell caster.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm probably going to run Storm Burst CWC Fireball, because I hate Firestorm. Or I'll just keep it as pure lightning and do Ball Lightning.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I...I might have worked out a build that the Scion is really good for in 3.0? What?

I'm waiting for the Wave 4 changes before I properly theorycraft out some stuff but it looks like Elementalist + Deadeye/Ranger Start is really good for Doomfletch related things. 175% life, MoM, reflect reduction, free pierce, double golems, extra proj. Something ain't right.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

gonadic io posted:

What skill? Ice shot, LA, multi arrow?

I always did Split/Barrage for my Doomfletch builds. I don't know how Tshot feels with just two projectiles but I might run with that.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm mostly amazed that I got a somewhat workable build using a Scion. Doomfletch is just that good though, I guess.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

pokchu posted:

Buy a high res (35+) goldrim for your helm and 4L it, and use it on every char up to like 55-60 forever

And then forget you have it and realize your resistances are absolute dogshit without it. Story of my life.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Since they fixed cyclone, are adding a threshold jewel vendor, and the new mini map is awesome my chief complaints are uh...traps? Scion ascendency? Probably something else.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
When I wing builds (which is kinda often, maybe 40% of all my builds) I typically pick a class, pick a skill, and then set milestones like "I'm getting RT and every life node along the way" which gives me something to spend my next 20-25 points on.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Most of the time I don't even bother with rares. I plug in my build enabling uniques and work it out from there. If the numbers are good with mostly a skeleton, they'll be great with real gear.

:effort:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Making an MTX combo so faboulous it crashes the realm.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

theshim posted:

The question then becomes "how accessible are Breach uniques going to be in 3.0"?

I hope accessible enough because I have a strong fixation on both Choir and Pandemonius for my characters.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
did cyclone get a channeled tag in beta

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm not really opposed to the power/frenzy charge changes because for the most part I never abused frenzies on my spellcasters. Any build I ran that was frenzy charge heavy was always attack based and almost but not all of my Assassin builds were spellcasters. I don't know if I'm Doing It Wrong or not.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

gonadic io posted:

I've just realised how well the new Chance To Bleed works with Doomfletch Prism with its huge added phys. Forget the rest of the gem, this is the first one with flat added phys damage to attacks right?

Yes, it's an absolute shitload of damage with no downside other than taking up a gem spot. I'm gonna run a doomfletch build either first or second this coming league.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Power charges being good for non-crit spellcaster builds is a really good point that I didn't consider. I might actually do that now.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

queeb posted:

what ascendancy would be good for storm burst? So many choices. Crit SB with an Inquisitor? EO Berserker? Elementalist? I wish the skills were in beta to play around with.

I'm thinking of SB / CwC / Fireball (or Firestorm) with an Elementalist. If I go spellcaster for my first that's one my three choices I'm planning.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I've never emailed support about a technical issue (for any game) but for everything else, GGG's support is beyond amazing. They get back to me in 2-15 minutes, do exactly what I asked of them or tell me explicitly why they can't, and from what I can tell don't use canned responses at all.

A year or so back, I purchased the Elite armor set at full price. Two days later it went on sale. I knew GGG's policy was 'get a crystal ball or get bent' but I emailed them anyway. The rep got back to me in 5 minutes and said that their policy is no refunds because of an item going on sale, but then said that since I've been a supporter since the early days of closed beta they were making an exception. So they refunded me the whatever, 6 dollar difference or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

funmanguy posted:

Everyone working on their own secret doryani fist build? or just me?

It will never work. Never.

• Locked thread