Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Man, now I can't decide what to do! I'd like to try something new, but I'm worried Chaos Dot or my crit heavy strike will end up terrible and I'll lose interest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Speaking of Neversink's filter, it seems to hide Tier 1 white talismans. Is there a better filter that will show them, or should I really not be picking them up?

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Has anyone been trying a crit facebreaker build using Rigwald's Curse yet? I was thinking of buying one and trying it once I get a bit more currency, the damage is probably crazy-go-nuts though losing a slot for resistances on your amulet is hard.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

speaking of which, has anyone else found the SRS changes to be really bad at high level? I relogged with my Level 85 SRS witch in standard just to see how it was and clear speed dropped to like a third of what it was, the damage seems just crazy low now

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

I got a 5L lightning coil for my bladefall trapper; it's my first time using lightning coil and its so good. I don't think I've died in the last 10 levels. I'm at 82 now and not showing any signs of hitting the wall, this just might become my highest level league character. Bladefall trap is seriously great.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

I'm glad I don't have the steam version so I don't have to see how much time I've spent on this game.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

ronya posted:

Whoa whoa whoa. At least we now have a sense of how the Great Minds are thinking.

edit: the new opieOPness. 100% flask uptime builds are gonna be crazy.

Isn't this pretty much strictly better than Granite Flasks?

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Found an exalt randomly, what's the best item I can get for earthquake marauder? Lightning coil or a badass weapon or something else?

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Phobophilia posted:

Considering the beast gains power from bloodshed and regrowth, you, exile, are the beast.

That feeling you get every time a number increases... that's me.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Isn't there a deterministic way to craft a +3 fire staff with 2-3 ex? Might be worth it for something already 6-linked.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

So like... has anyone found any deals from Caidro that are actually good? Every single unique I have seen is worse value than selling coins for chaos and buying the unique on poe.trade. I just found kaom's heart from Caidro but for 9034 coins and the exchange rate being what it is, that's break even at best.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

devilmouse posted:

Anyone have any strong feelings or experiences with Ice Trap (or preferably good guides, even!)? Mulling on a new character and seems the chaos version can be great, but people are all over the place on how to approach it.

The chaos ice trap build is legit, I just did deathless atziri for the first time at level 75. Even my level 90+ standard characters with legacy gear don't have as easy of a time with it. My only modification is to run a wither spell totem and a slightly different skill tree.
Here's the thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1616976/page/1
my current character/tree (Anaxamander_Black):https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/VParrotFace/characters

Mince Pieface fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 26, 2016

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

BannedNewbie posted:

When I eventually get around to transitioning I'll be able to give a better breakdown on how much of a DPS boon it works out to, but I think it mostly comes down to a few things.
The first is the consuming dark is a fairly decent caster dagger in its own right, which offers a fair damage boost over 1h+shield. It allows access to a number of additional efficient damage nodes that were otherwise irrelevent, including the chaos nodes leading up to Atrophy, and since your running Pyre you double dip on Snowforged getting both the cold and fire damage. Also by being a crit build it also has an inherently higher damage ceiling. And finally since mob chaos resist is much lower than elemental you effectively get the effect of Cold Pen while opening up another socket for an extra multiplicative support.

In exchange you give up a shield, ~500 or so life, and some increased area of effect. You also need overall slightly better gear to fit all your resists.

Also Wither totem is still OP against bosses.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Bladefall trap in deerstalker is good for leveling 32-69. Bfore that I just use fire trap and bear trap. Bladefall Trap is a legit starter build in and of itself also. You don't need any 5L, just Deerstalker and Jaws of Agony will get you through to at least T8 maps.

Mince Pieface fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Mar 28, 2016

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Honestly I find below level 90, running tier 8-10 maps is just better exp/time than running higher level maps. I'm sort of regretting using my 11-13 maps earlier when they will probably be more useful once I hit 90+.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

When you play chaos ice crash, you will not give a poo poo about about being unique.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

TheRat posted:

If your first attempt seems absolutely impossible, dont give up. That fight is all about practice.

E: Once you get good at it, and good enough to do uber, thats a fantastic way of sustaining a red map pool.

When is a good time to try uber? I can run normal Atziri with no problems, and I've been grinding on Vinktar Square repeatedly (just selling the vessel and maps easily lets you do it forever with a profit each time). I can do vinktar pretty easily, though I sometimes die if I get caught with a lightning strike at the wrong time.
I'd just try uber, but it's a pretty big investment.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

StashAugustine posted:

I kind of feel like I've hit a plateau with my character, not in their build but in how I'm using him. I've gotten to level 86 on an ice trapper, have pretty decent gear, build is going ok. But I've hit a wall on t11 maps and feel like I'm spending way more currency than I'm making. I've been chiseling/alching t10 maps, using chaos on anything without packsize or with lovely quantity, but still feel like I'm getting nowhere.

You can probably run Vinktar square, you should do that, it's hella profitable. Buy pieces for ~40c, sell flask for 30-35c, sell T13-15 maps to make a profit with each run. It's good experience if you don't die too often and pretty easy for an ice trapper (just run a lightning flask for the boss and tp if your flask runs low)

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

funmanguy posted:

Someone asked for me to post my spark build in the thread.

Go here and find funmanknifeandspork.

I have a lot of different gear that I switch to for doing poo poo like uber atziri. I also respec a bit to go get phase acro.

Wouldn't Elemental Focus be a strong support? Void Manipulation double dips with poison but it also lowers your pre-conversion damage. It'd be interesting to math out which is better

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

They should reduce the xp you need for masters and make rotations just not a thing. Going and doing a bunch of master missions with other people is really dumb.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

socializing in an online game is so dumb guys!
It's not the socializing that's dumb, although going into a rotation group in chat and listening to a 14 year old talk about weed is only socializing by the loosest possible definition.
It's dumb and bad because the masters missions aren't challenging or interesting in any way except maybe Zana, who still stops being challenging by level 80 or so, and you've got to run like an hour of these bullshit boring quests every day to max your masters.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

lol
"The Gemcutters Prisms required to raise the quality of your three supports can be obtained by farming The Union divination cards in Cruel Fellshrine -- incidentally, this card was created by a fellow guild member of mine to commemorate his marriage, NotACuckroach."

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Xequecal posted:

What kind of stats do you guys think I would need to run Atziri. I'm running a CI Caustic Arrow build and have about 11k ES. I know that's enough for someone that knows what they're doing but I've never run Atziri before and this is on HC so I'm likely to get hit with attacks I have no experience with dodging. Am I still going to get one shot if I eat one of the flameblasts or lightning attacks?

Having run Atziri with an ES firestorm witch, you will probably die unless you have a lot of other mitigation, like purity of fire/lightning+flasks

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

I kind of want to try an Infernal Blow/Avatar of Fire build with Hegemony's Era, I'm debating between Assassin and Inquisitor for my class, with a tree like this
What do people think would work well with the build?

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

funmanguy posted:

Chaos spark. I leveled the whole way with two average rolled ventors and a 50 iir helm. Its not very gear dependent.

Which class/subclass?

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

TheRat posted:

Powercreep is not a positive thing. 2.2 was completely ridiculous and they need to do a lot of work to rebalance the game .

I mean some things are probably a little out of whack but 99% of players still can't do the hardest content of the game and the average player is having a lot more fun (evidence is higher player counts this league) so I think calling it 'completely ridiculous' is a point of view of an extreme minority of entitled players

edit:
Like, it still took me all league with the most broken build and a six-link and many exalts of gear to beat uber-atziri, and I'm a pretty experienced player. I was never anywhere close previously. I think that was actually a pretty good challenge level honestly.

Mince Pieface fucked around with this message at 03:35 on May 21, 2016

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

I'm fine with the nerf, although I think its sort of dumb to not add legacy items when it was done before, and its standard, its not like balance matters there. I do wish there were more other ways to effectively mitigate elemental reflect, especially from Atziri. Melee phys builds having block, armor, and evade against reflect really makes it so much less an issue.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

megalodong posted:

Why is reddit obsessed with slowing down clear speed, as if taking 5 hits to kill a mob makes things more skillful? The amount of "veterans" who haven't got an apex full clear whining about how easy the game has gotten is absurd.

No one but streamers or PoE day traders is allowed to have fun.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

For ice trapper I doubt it matters much, it just makes your nodes somewhat less efficient, since you can't be reflected regardless I barely take any chaos nodes anyway though, so it's not a big deal. The real question is if they nerf Pyre or Ice Trap base damage (I'm guessing they'll do the second).

Mince Pieface fucked around with this message at 19:31 on May 23, 2016

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

lol, completing the Kuduku prophecy gives a bunch of fusing orbs

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

I'm planning on running bladefall poison mines in a 4-link as a boss-killer for a character, what's the best 4th link: Trap/mine damage or Minefield? For killing bosses as quickly as possible.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

gonadic io posted:

Run it in a weapon swap Tremor Rod instead for an extra free link

It's for an obliteration build, so I'd lose out on the sweet 2x 13% phys damage added as chaos. I did consider that though.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

So normally for traps/mines, whether it crits or not is calculated when you throw the trap/mine and not on triggering, but how does that interact with the assassin's 100% more crit on full life enemies node?

Similarly, for attacks that hit multiple times per click, normally crit should be calculated per click (IE they all crit or none do for something like kinetic blast) but if the target gets brought below full life by the first stage of an attack, will the crit be recalculated for subsequent stages?

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

For obliterate wander, just buy a 5l assassin's garb for 1c and transmute/alch it until you get a good life roll and ideally a resistance roll. then you can regal and master craft a second resist roll and you're good through like tier 10 maps

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I guess that was after cruel ascendance though?
How was levelling for you, and what did you use?

I went with the guide that used firestorm, but after normal difficulty it was turning more awful every pack since the build doesnt take any spell or elemental damage.
I tried going KB with a twyzel sooner, with a 4link at that time and the clear was even worse which i wouldnt have believed possible.
Even when i switched to dual obliteration at 56 (no scendancy then) it was "meh" at best.
At 62 i got the 5l carcass and decided there was finally enough dps to do labs and now its taking off at last.

I'm running an assassin Obliterator using bladefall mines as a secondary and I just leveled with viper strike until I got bladefall and then through to 68 using only bladefall mines. Bladefall mines is sweet for levelling because your tree works well with poison on bladefall, and it benefits from the chaos damage of Obliteration once you can get them. 68 was the magic number for me to start running KB because that's when you can use a level 19 added chaos damage. You can buy a corrupted one for cheap, and it helps a lot for getting the build running well. For me that is the breakpoint of the build actually feeling good to use.

Mince Pieface fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jun 17, 2016

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

I think the drop rates are always the same base, you just are way more likely to see one in merc/maps because of the larger pack sizes and increased item quantity

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

I want to make a dedicated bladefall poison miner with as much chaos damage as possible, so I was looking at 2x ming's heart, 2x obliteration. It would also be sweet to run tri-curse with copsri's will and heretic's veil, but is it actually possible to get enough effective life even as hybrid on the right side of the tree/with remaining gear slots? Or maybe I should drop the tri-curse/toxic delivery plans and just go full life onto the left side of the tree more.
Also, regarding crit for bladefall mines, is there a good way to get power charges in boss fights like atziri? Maybe a Jaws of Agony in the weapon swap? Or is it more effective as assassin to just get the crit on full/low life ascendancy nodes instead?

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Vasudus posted:

If you're on the right side of the tree you might want to consider LL or CI.

I'm probably going to end up going CI and dropping Cospri's Will, I was just trying to figure out if there's some way I can use it since it would give an extra gem slot and save me from having to find a +curse amulet and allow me to not reroll hexproof maps. Since I plan on using 2x Ming's heart, hybrid is a real option since I'll probably end up with near capped chaos resistance, but I think with using cospri's will you still just don't have enough effective life.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Phobophilia posted:

Any other obliterators, I need your advice. I can't work out how to kill Malformation Piety. I fire raw KBs at her, it does nothing. I stack some frost walls, and then I can't dodge her spinning laser. And ever since 2.3, her deployed ball lightnings drop my framerate to a crawl. Is this just a lost cause?

Keep a level 20 bladefall (you can get them cheap corrupted) and a remote mine, minefield, and trap and mine damage gems around in your inventory. Swap it in for KB/added chaos/Pierce/GMP, leaving in poison whenever you need to fight a tough boss. Stick down your mines, pop up a wither totem and most bosses will fall shortly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

killstealing posted:

Dead ppl don't do damage

You know this saying is kinda funny to me because the mantra of 4th edition character op was exactly the opposite, being that dead monsters don't do damage, therefore optimizing damage is the best.

• Locked thread