Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Ekster posted:

I wanted to do Inquisitor crit Shock Nova first but I watched mathil try out a simple Berserker 2H RT Earthquake build and it looks really fast and fun so I might go for that. The initial hit already does a good amount of damage and has good AoE so for most trash you don't even need to 'wait' for the actual big hit.

Also have a vid of Pohx being Pohx by smoking some dank kush right before streaming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZV7hZmIuhI

I have no idea what Texas drug laws are like but that seems like a Bad Idea.

Texas pot laws are about the most harsh in the nation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

The Real Foogla posted:

funman just got me 21 with an aziri kill, thanks :3:

Imo I am a pretty cool dude.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Ekster posted:

I hope they have good internet in jail.

Depends on which prison you get sent to. But Pohx is white and lives in DFW. If its his first offence he won't go to prison, just fun things like probation for two years, bi-weekly piss tests, a large fine, community service, and be forced to take several "drugs are bad classes".

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

panda clue posted:

you seem awfully knowledgeable on texas drug offender law

Are you a cop? You have to tell me if you are a cop.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Pretty sure he's mixed race. Sad that that matters but it probably does.

As long as he looks white to the ADA.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Public Tabs Patch.

And orb of storms crit dropped to 5% and duration to 10 seconds.

funmanguy fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Mar 3, 2016

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Cinara posted:

Vinktar's is still beyond insane as long as you have Vaal Pact, but not nearly as good without it.

It was one of two was to get instant mana leech, the other being acuity. So its still very good, but not insane.

GGG posted:

Divine Orbs are required to update the following to their new values: All craftable Jewel mods which grant Critical Strike Multiplier, Facebreaker, Marylene's Fallacy, Fragment of Eternity (the Descent: Champions Unique), Bino's Kitchen Knife, Romira's Banquet, Shadows and Dust, Ungil's Harmony, Eclipse Solaris, Death's Harp, Mortem Morsu, The Goddess Scorned and Abyssus.

Can't divine a mirrored item. drat my expensive bow.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

nightwisher posted:

RIP servermeltingly awesome times :(

This is such a good change, every map I lost to crashes in 2.1 was a fracture map.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I think that crits ignoring elemental resists would apply even if they have negative resists.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I thought about using Elemental Focus for my Inquisitor but I feel like the defense you get from frozen/chilled enemies and the 50% increased damage you get from shocked enemies outweighs the more damage from the gem. I think I will level one for higher maps that roll Elemental Status Immunity.

Also, basic mechanics question that I am not 100% sure of. The Righteous Providence and Inevitable Judgement nodes on the Inquisitor tree, those apply if I am using a trap, mine, or totem right? If I am wrong, I want to know before I level a character.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I am going to go Inquisitor. I wanted to try shockwave totem and it seems like a good chance to do it. This is the tree I was planning on using for crit shockwave totem. The 5L would be Shockwave Totem, Faster Casting, Added Fire, Physical to Lightning, and Increased Critical Strikes. Not sure about crit strikes over inc/conc effect, but I want to test it at least. The 6th link would be an empower or something. Use dual wands or wand+shield until I get my 6th Ascendancy Point and take Instruments of Virtue. Switch to Dagger+shield and get 20% Cast Speed for 4 seconds every time I use whirling blades.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Hauki posted:

Fwiw some dude on Reddit graphed out elemental crit poo poo with various ascendancy classes. Inquisitor hits par with assassin around 70?+ resist iirc and surpasses it around 80+.

He recalculated because his auras were incorrect with the inquisitor, it becomes even somewhere are 60-65% and then surpasses. It seems like inquisitor is best used for builds that have 1 source of damage and that damage does all three elements.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Mortimer posted:

Standard owns because I have lots of old item quant gear that is worth beaucoup bux because some sperg wants an extra 4% on his perandus blazon belt

Having old busted legacy items is a neat novelty though, I'll never get rid of my 120% spell block saffell's frame or my 18/18/18 bringer of rain

I am that sperg.

Greetings.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Mortimer posted:

http://poeprices.info/

is this a real site that I should trust with pricing or do I have to relearn what things are worth again

Very very roughly. I would just ask gchat if something drops and you aren't sure.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

papanugget posted:

I got a question maybe some of you guys can answer.

Why isn't Frenzy - GMP - Curse on Hit - AssMark a thing? Aside from losing a gem slot (not an issue for me) every Voltaxic LA build I've seen recommends Herald of Thunder - CoH - AssMark instead with Blood Rage to generate frenzies.

Pros
-can fire offscreen and generate frenzy charges / power charges
-don't have to rely on radius of HoT to curse
-don't have to rely running pack to pack for overkill on HoT to curse
-can be used in single boss fights with no adds to get charges

Cons
-lose a gem slot
-automated cursing is better
-???

Most of the time its smoother and slightly faster to run around and fire your damaging attacks, weaving in a CoH setup slows you down slightly. And if you stay at max power charges through a whole map, there isnt much need to try something else.

^^^^ But yeah, what mathil uses is really good for fights where you can't proc your heralds often enough. like longer boss fights.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Looks like the bino's nerf was retroactive, taste of hate and vessel wasn't, so legacy version still exist in standard.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

zxqv8 posted:

I would enjoy being invited back to the guild too. I guess I also need to find a new item filter, as well as a build to make.

:black101:

Neversink updated his. Its a good starting point for a new league, you can make changes as needed pretty easily.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Infinite Monkeys posted:

Did the server just crash?

yup time to update the game again.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Infinite Monkeys posted:

'Unable to connect to patching server'

Hrm, well. The site is down for maintenance too. So who knows.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Jesus christ are there really THAT many more people on right now than ever before? Even the forums are down.

Looks like it, Chris posted on reddit about breaking records.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Its live again, just gotta get the latest patch.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Steam patch got hosed up apparently. Endless patch cycle.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Holyshoot posted:

Dear Skyblazer. Pleas log on and name our tabs or email GGG to give guild leadership to someone like funman who is always on.

No thank you.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I'm the goon with the most buttcoins in the guild and I love this league. League is good, game is good. Got a scolds to have some fun with.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

MannersPlease posted:

Bro, i got a scolds (again) too. What ascendancy/build are you thinking?

Vaal Molten Shell with a consuming dark and doon cuebiyari. Also that babies first lightning coil but for fire damage. I've heard flameblast is good for triggering VMS, I'll play with that and incinerate.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Mystery Prize posted:

I can't handle owing people 100 hours of coin farming!

If I actually sell the drat thing at that price everyone who helped will receive a cut.

I know how you are feeling. I know it won't help, but there is no rush to pay me back.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

The Real Foogla posted:

can't you just spam alts to get a simple +1 bow?

I think you'd be better off buying a bow with +1 all gems, high proj speed, and maybe a crit multi roll if you are trying to crit with spark. There are three bows for sale with the +1 gems and proj speed on PSC right now, the most expensive one is 4c.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

You uh...you know the streamers doing Kuduku RNG poo poo is a joke, right?

The gently caress it is. 6led both of my voltaxics with that method.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
That's cold damage. Best to not get hit by anything.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
So RunnyCrits got offered a 2L tabula from Cadrio.

What?

Edit: Also, it seems that a lot of the instance crashes + rollbacks were caused by played trying to craft items. Chris said they banned 6 dudes and should be fixed now.

funmanguy fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Mar 10, 2016

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

theshim posted:

What's the dumbest attack or spell I can put on traps or totems? I feel like doing something stupid and inefficient.

Trickster Flame Dash Totems. Make it happen.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Tai posted:

Is a witch crit EK still viable? I was rocking one of those about a year ago so thought I might get back into it with the expansion.

A fairly popular poe streamer named Ghudda has done crit EK for the last three leagues. Check out his profile here. He usually focuses on abusing flask uptime to keep very high defenses, he starts each league using a tabula and eventually transitions into a low life version.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

climboutonalimb posted:

I'm sure this has been tried and would be common knowledge if it was possible but it just occurred to me at work and i cant test it at the moment. has any one tried using currency on unopened perandus chests?

I'll try it.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

funmanguy posted:

I'll try it.

Target Is Not A Strongbox.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Xavori asked me to post this. Pretty generic and probably bad.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

J posted:

If you're a pure life based character then just grab a good couple of life flasks and a quicksilver flask and just run through the traps as fast as you can, not even kidding. The faster, the better. You'll be surprised at how much less scary they'll seem.

I've tried using a quill rain on my off slot with blink arrow just for hopping over lab traps.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

West007 posted:

Can anyone a bit more experienced help me out with my character?

Level 77 Templar Hierophant, aoe lightning build. Started doing maps a few days ago, still havent done merc lab. I have 1ex 53c saved up and I'm looking to upgrade my gear. I have no idea what to aim for in the "endgame" when it comes to gear pieces or specific uniques besides getting res capped.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jamiefox/characters

Are you in the guild?

Edit: Mathil has a tree that he used for Templar Inquisitor crit Storm Call that he liked. I don't know enough about it to give you much direction outside of maybe getting a 5L chest.

funmanguy fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Mar 22, 2016

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Bugsy posted:

Got +2 cold twice, and +2 lightning once so just unlucky. Its item level 63.

I would sell it white. Whoever buys it will want to try and get +3 fire on it, which involves a white staff, catarina's crafting bench, and lots of transmutes, regals, and scours. The low makes it more attractive to anyone who wants to craft it.

Mortimer posted:

stupid scam

This is why, if you are buying coins for an immediate purchase, add the seller as a friend but dont invite them to your party. They can visit your hideout but cant go in your map.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Flesh Forge posted:

This is probably because a bunch of other dudes have gotten the same kinds of deals and have their poo poo out for sale :shrug:

I like the idea that cadiro prices change based on how often what he sells is purchased or not. I have no real evidence, but it would be a cool way to handle it by ggg. Would explain why headhunters were like 15k day one and 28k very soon after.

Although its much more likely that ggg has either made no changes to prices or changed the ranges manually. Thats super boring though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

The Real Foogla posted:

you hit 91 with a sub 6k cyclone :psyduck:

don't ever dual wield cyclone, don't cyclone with a 1c trash unique

Mortimer posted:

Sell your gear and make a new character

Congrats, you did it! You leveled a beginner build to 91, you can finally rest easy and sell your old gear for a good build, just play voltaxic LA/BR and call it a day

e: respec to this guys champion build
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Tarom/characters

bakka bakka posted:

Dual-wield Cyclone is fine but it is not ideal to use two Prismatic Eclipses (or even one). If you're going to dual-wield you should probably use rapiers and probably crit. Since that would be a massive change to your tree I'd instead recommend switching skills to cleave (if you really want to dual-wield), leaving the witch area and using those points to pick up damage and life in the Templar/Maruader area. You should see a massive increase in clear speed from having a large increase in damage over your massive AoE. Cyclone isn't linked to a single damage gem and your ideal 6-link should have almost entirely damage links. I don't understand the desire to use Empire's Grasp knockback, what is it offering you over a pair of gloves with life/attack speed/flat phys? Devoto's Devotion is a fantastic Cyclone helmet and probably your only actual DPS increase. Basically you've got a Dual-Wield Cyclone build and no nodes or gear or gems to scale any of that damage.

Dumb, all you guys. He wasn't asking how to make a better character. He was asking how to optimize what he has with the goals that he has set.

Holyshoot posted:

2 prismatic eclipses with all white sockets is an awesome gimmick Cyclone build :colbert:

And Cyclone tool tip dps is misleading like most tool tip dps in this game. But yes 6k does seem low.
Not dumb.

• Locked thread